daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #141
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

Yeah we'll have to wait and see if they go for something detailed and elaborate like Burj Khalifa or something relatively simple and straight-forward like Zhongnan Center.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2014, 05:23 PM   #142
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
The highest observation deck in the world. Lets see the highest now is 488m high and as far as I know Dubai, it will be much higher. So maybe 600m?
It depends what they mean by the highest. The highest outdoor, indoor, in a building or structure? Burj khalifa for instance doesn't have and never had the tallest observation deck in general classification, although the owners always claimed it would have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
Yeah we'll have to wait and see if they go for something detailed and elaborate like Burj Khalifa or something relatively simple and straight-forward like Zhongnan Center.
There's one thing we do know about the design, and that is the fact that it must go wide to the very top of it since they are planning a large outdoor observation deck with 360 degree views on the last floor. And I honestly would definitely be more happy to see something different from another burj reincarnation with little space for it's height. Something like at least wuhan greenland center would be nice.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #143
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
It depends what they mean by the highest. The highest outdoor, indoor, in a building or structure? Burj khalifa for instance doesn't have and never had the tallest observation deck in general classification, although the owners always claimed it would have one.
I've never suggested, that BK has the highest observation deck(it's only the 3rd highest). I just said, that the currently highest ob-deck is 488m high (in Canton Tower, Guangzhou) and that I think that the new ob-deck in Dubai could be much higher.
Old March 4th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #144
patrykus

If this building is really going to be over 660m and won't have tall crown it should have the highest observation deck in all categories. Time will tell.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old March 4th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #145
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

Quote:
There's one thing we do know about the design, and that is the fact that it must go wide to the very top of it since they are planning a large outdoor observation deck with 360 degree views on the last floor. And I honestly would definitely be more happy to see something different from another burj reincarnation with little space for it's height. Something like at least wuhan greenland center would be nice.
after the last floor could still be a spire or crown, Taipei 101 also has a 360 degree observation deck and above is still part of the building. Granted that it still contains a few floors though.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:13 PM   #146
patrykus

True but they want large observation deck on last floor. The tower will be around 700m and they want the tallest title for observation deck so that lives you with relatively short crown that is not just a needle like structure burj have. Besides something of taipei 101 or pingan proportions would be definitely more imposing than burj is.

KillerZavatar liked this post
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #147
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3188

How tall is the observation deck going to be on Kingdom Tower? That might give us an idea...
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #148
patrykus

502m according to ctbuh. But I'm not sure how accurate or up to date is that info. In any case I don't think kt will be much competition in that field

Old March 4th, 2014, 11:55 PM   #149
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
I've never suggested, that BK has the highest observation deck(it's only the 3rd highest). I just said, that the currently highest ob-deck is 488m high (in Canton Tower, Guangzhou) and that I think that the new ob-deck in Dubai could be much higher.
488m? I just know the OB deck on the Canton tower is arround 450m to 460m.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #150
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Isn't there a little observation deck at the top of the lowest portion of the spire?
Old March 5th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #151
patrykus

It says 488m at ctbuh.

Old March 5th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #152
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Yeah that's the top of the bottom section of the spire.
Old March 5th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #153
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2261

This statement has me thinking cause it really doesn't mention Burj 2020 being shorter, it can mean any thing.

“It will be the tallest commercial tower in the world and it won’t be far off from the height of Burj Khalifa.”

Now what's to say it wont be higher than Burj Khalifa? This building will definitely have to get final approval from the ruler. Knowing the way they think in Dubai any thing is possible, and I'm sure Dubai is keeping a close eye on the KT.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #154
patrykus

You are over thinking this Don't you thing they would advert it as "taller than burj" if it really was about to be? Plans can change but right now they say it will be taller than 660m and not too far from burj height so it definitely doesn't mean taller than burj.

Old March 5th, 2014, 02:58 PM   #155
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
You are over thinking this Don't you thing they would advert it as "taller than burj" if it really was about to be? Plans can change but right now they say it will be taller than 660m and not too far from burj height so it definitely doesn't mean taller than burj.
I know that, but don't forget Burj Khalifa's height was increased by 100-200 meters as they did the build. This is Dubai, and times are good.
Old March 5th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #156
patrykus

This is completely different thing. As I've said plans can always change, but right now it is quite obvious what they mean

Old March 9th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #157
noir-dresses
bling bling

No spire on Dubai's Burj 2020 to get into record books.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...03-09-1.540880

KillerZavatar, jackedi07 liked this post
Old March 9th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #158
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

wow that is really great news that means we will get something like goldin finance hopefully, but 100m taller we will see.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #159
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

sounds great. looking forward to see a design and official infos about the possible height
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #160
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

To much talk those far .... boooooooooring
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall