daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #21
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 3763

Interesting picture! Looks like the 3rd world.
Keep in mind it's a development area, this building is about to be torn down Anyway, I find the contrast a bit charming.

Interesting to hear your views on my home town (Malmö). It is always nice to take the train to Copenhagen, that is more a continental city, and much larger then Malmö. Did you visit the West harbour (Västra hamnen) area in Malmö where Turning Torso is? Mostly modern buildings there, but the real spirit of Malmö can be felt at Möllevången and parts of the city center.

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

Dr.Seltsam liked this post
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #22
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsky View Post

Interesting picture! Looks like the 3rd world.
Keep in mind it's a development area, this building is about to be torn down Anyway, I find the contrast a bit charming.

Interesting to hear your views on my home town (Malmö). It is always nice to take the train to Copenhagen, that is more a continental city, and much larger then Malmö. Did you visit the West harbour (Västra hamnen) area in Malmö where Turning Torso is? Mostly modern buildings there, but the real spirit of Malmö can be felt at Möllevången and parts of the city center.
I did not make it that far, I just walked west from the train station, saw a good vantage point of the Turning Torso and took the shot. I was under the impression they were going to redevelop the area however as I remember seeing alot of construction sites.

Most of the shots I took were around the Möllevången and a pedestrian mall that branched out of it (forgot the name of the street but it was a huge retail district with H&M, Stadium, etc).

Honestly I was only there for a day so I did not really get a chance to explore the rest of the city such as the Malmohus, I pretty much just went over to take some photos and to say that I have been to Sweden. Hopefully next time I visit I can catch some of the stuff that I missed.

Last edited by diablo234; July 10th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #23
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48596

Well, Västra hamnen and Hyllie are one of the cooler projects that are realised in this part of Europe.

Great pictures and thread! Hopefully, you liked Scandinavia.

Last edited by dj4life; July 9th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #24
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4life View Post
Well, Västra hamnen and Hyllie are one of the cooler projects that are realised in this part of Europe.

Great pictures and thread! Hopefully, you liked Scandinavia.
Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Anyways I do plan to return to Denmark and explore more of Sweden provided I find a good deal on airfare.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #25
Patryk

Likes (Received): 55

Amazing and very nice photos from Danmark & Sweden ... Great views ...
Patryk no está en línea   Reply With Quote