daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2011, 03:38 AM   #341
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
So sad NEWS

Seoul Lite is on crisis
There is argue between project company and Seoul Goverment.

Project Association want to One 77 Floors Tower+ Two 55 Floors Residential.

But Seoul Goverment persist on 133 Floors. But Money is problem.

http://media.daum.net/economic/view....uptxt&nil_id=4
As neat as having 3-4 500m+ towers in Seoul would be, I'd be just as happy to see another 300m and two more 200m towers go up, especially because Mapo-gu doesn't have much of a skyline right now.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #342
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
So sad NEWS

Seoul Lite is on crisis
There is argue between project company and Seoul Goverment.

Project Association want to One 77 Floors Tower+ Two 55 Floors Residential.

But Seoul Goverment persist on 133 Floors. But Money is problem.

http://media.daum.net/economic/view....uptxt&nil_id=4
Seoul is a city of loser developers. Very disappointed at the greedy developers who may like nothing more than looking out for their bottom line by building more ugly commie apartments. No wonder Seoul's skyline seems to have no business of being a design city. Seoul must not give into these filthy investors but they must find someone else who will insist on a supertall in Seoul.
BTW, how is money a problem when the green eyed monsters want 3 buildings instead of a super one?
After several decades of all dream projects in Seoul the only note worthy landmark building still remains is the 63 building.
Seoul makes me cry all the time.

Last edited by architec101; July 17th, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #343
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12413

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
Seoul is a city of loser developers. Very disappointed at the greedy developers who may like nothing more than looking out for their bottom line by building more ugly commie apartments. No wonder Seoul's skyline seems to have no business of being a design city. Seoul must not give into these filthy investors but they must find someone else who will insist on a supertall in Seoul.
BTW, how is money a problem when the green eyed monsters want 3 buildings instead of a super one?
After several decades of all dream projects in Seoul the only note worthy landmark building still remains is the 63 building.
Seoul makes me cry all the time.
Me too "Seoul makes me cry all the time."

Daewoo and Daerim must learn a lesson from Samsung's case.
Samsung give up "dreamhub" after that they damage at "Parc1"
Now dreamhub gear up again! But parc1 hold on.
Let this be an example to Daewoo and Daerim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
As neat as having 3-4 500m+ towers in Seoul would be, I'd be just as happy to see another 300m and two more 200m towers go up, especially because Mapo-gu doesn't have much of a skyline right now.
Right ~~~ Mapo-gu doesn't have much of a skyline right now. Now it's time for booming

http://cafe.daum.net/skyscrapers?t__..._list&nil_id=2

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; July 18th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #344
chiasoi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Yup!its time to seoul booming!
chiasoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #345
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

This building looks awesome and I'd really like to see it built. It would be really cool if Seoul would become the new NYC
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #346
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1141

It will never become the new NYC because it doesn't want to. NYC is a metropolis built on oil and immigrants whereas Seoul prefecture is a massive, 2000 years old area with something close to 50% of the total Korea's population located comfortably in a vast region.
krkseg1ops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #347
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkseg1ops View Post
It will never become the new NYC because it doesn't want to. NYC is a metropolis built on oil and immigrants whereas Seoul prefecture is a massive, 2000 years old area with something close to 50% of the total Korea's population located comfortably in a vast region.
Yeah, it will never become NYC since it has a completely different history, geography, and is not an immigrant city
(although foreign population is growing but not enough to see many races out in the streets like NYC and Korea itself
is not really an immigrant country)

But one thing to clarity things a bit, Seoul is NOT a prefecture (this is only used in Japan)

Special City: Seoul

Metropolicatn Cities: Busan, Daegu, Incheon, Gwangu, Daejeon, Ulsan

Provinces: Gyeonggi (part of Greater Seoul Area), Gangwon (where Pyeongchang is located for the 2018 Winter Olympics), Chungcheongbukm Chungcheongnam, Jeollabuk-do, Jeollanam-do, Gyeongsandbuk-do, Gyeongsangnam-do are provinces and

Special Self-governing province: Jeju Island

HOOAH!!
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #348
aquaticko

I think the point was that New York, statistically/demographically speaking, is a much smaller and denser area, at least when considering the area people think of when they think of New York (primarily Manhattan). There just isn't really a need for the sort of skyscraper building in Seoul that there is in Manhattan. That being said, I do think the city deserves at least three 300m+ buildings, and a lot more 200-300m ones; that is, assuming it wants a decent skyline. It's just too spread out as it is right now.

Although I do have to ask Mr. krkseg1ops, New York is built on oil? Are you sure you have the right country? New York is built on financial services. That is also a major difference between Seoul and New York.
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #349
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Well, I personally like the idea of a few 500m+ towers far better than the idea of a lot of 200m+ towers.
Old July 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #350
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Well, I personally like the idea of a few 500m+ towers far better than the idea of a lot of 200m+ towers.
but i like the idea of a lot 200m building actually being built over a few 500m buildings not being built at all. but i think seould can actually build one of these. i dont think two will be built at the same time. i stay sceptical until they actually rise, but of course it would be nice
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #351
inno4321

Quote:
Great understanding

Quote:
I think the point was that New York, statistically/demographically speaking, is a much smaller and denser area, at least when considering the area people think of when they think of New York (primarily Manhattan). There just isn't really a need for the sort of skyscraper building in Seoul that there is in Manhattan. That being said, I do think the city deserves at least three 300m+ buildings, and a lot more 200-300m ones; that is, assuming it wants a decent skyline. It's just too spread out as it is right now.

Although I do have to ask Mr. krkseg1ops, New York is built on oil? Are you sure you have the right country? New York is built on financial services. That is also a major difference between Seoul and New York.
Right NYC is world No 1 city. Yesterday i saw a NYC documentary(Let's city make it brand! I♡NY Story) in KBS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
This building looks awesome and I'd really like to see it built. It would be really cool if Seoul would become the new NYC
I really Hope so. But New York is

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
but i like the idea of a lot 200m building actually being built over a few 500m buildings not being built at all. but i think seould can actually build one of these. i dont think two will be built at the same time. i stay sceptical until they actually rise, but of course it would be nice
Correct, Unfortunately, this 640m project is almost canceled.
Remain Only Lotte Seoul tower/Hyundai Tower/DreamHub It is like Seoul skyscraper "tournament 2011". So cruel ~ Dead or Live.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; July 18th, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old July 19th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #352
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1141

Is this tower really going to be cancelled? Damn, another fine project going to waste
krkseg1ops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #353
inno4321

Quote:
Is this tower really going to be cancelled? Damn, another fine project going to waste
Unfortunately, Consortium want to built One 77fl and two 55fl rather than Only One 640m tower.

But Seoul goverment persist on 640m tower. I'm not sure whether this project is cancelled or succeed.

Old July 19th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #354
aquaticko

Even the 77-floor tower would probably be well over 300m, maybe closer to 400m, and the 55-floor ones would probably be about 250m or so. That'd still be great.
Old July 19th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #355
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
Even the 77-floor tower would probably be well over 300m, maybe closer to 400m, and the 55-floor ones would probably be about 250m or so. That'd still be great.
Please, no more hideous commie apartments in Seoul for God's sake!
Old July 19th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #356
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Correct, Unfortunately, this 640m project is almost canceled.
Remain Only Lotte Seoul tower/Hyundai Tower/DreamHub It is like Seoul skyscraper "tournament 2011". So cruel ~ Dead or Live.
only one 500m+ building can survive ~

so sad
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #357
aquaticko

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
Please, no more hideous commie apartments in Seoul for God's sake!
Short need not equally boring or ugly. Seoul has a lot of potential, and it's not all vertical.
Old July 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #358
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
only one 500m+ building can survive ~

so sad

Last edited by inno4321; July 19th, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old July 19th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #359
miau
In the brig

Likes (Received): 5312

Quote:
Besides that, Seoul will have to work hard to come even close to the atmosphere and charisma of NYC.
miau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #360
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
Short need not equally boring or ugly. Seoul has a lot of potential, and it's not all vertical.
True, height of building may not necessarily mean practicality. Nonetheless, it gets attention and some bragging rights as well.
Can you pick out a skyscraper in Seoul that inspires others by size or design sophistication? I just can't think of any...

Tags
megatall