daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 20th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #561
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12413

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
Ther article just says that one of the participating companies said that the height of the building should be re-concidered, without any further details about what he exactly means with that.

Please don't panic. Its just an opinon of one of the many participating companies.
Greenland China still wants to invest, and Seoul Government welcomes the investment from China. Seoul Government wants the 640m (at least the article doesn't say anything different!)

so please don't panic, everything is okay.

Next meeting with real estate experts is on November 26.

As i said above comment "It is just my worry and not confirmation."
I kindly advise you to read again above my comment.

Plz thinks about Why civil company says "It is need reconsideration about HEIGHT"?
Their utter everything is political and systematic
even predecessor consortium suggest to 70floor tower.(Seoul reject though)

furthermore seoul mayor won sung's main policy is city farming and opposite development in seoul.
I can't believe that he passionate about this project.

Moreover Due to LWT's pothole rumor experience make skyscraper project harder and harder job in korea!
Recently EVEN JEJU dream tower decreased from 56fl to 38fl cause politician and civil people opposite skyscraper!! but still jeju people opposite project!!
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...ht=jeju&page=2

Did You know which company is main owner JEJU dream tower? GREEN LAND GROUP OF CHINA. same company who official suggestion to invest in this SANGAM 640M project.
JEJU tower pass almost approved but it decreased due to reason people opposite project. No body can sure skyscrape project in korea

One more thing seoul economy promotion high officer confess that "Is it need over 100floor supertall in sangam DMC? About that issue we need ask to citizens... 100층 이상 초고층 개발이 필요한지, 지역 주민들의 요구는 무엇인지 등의 의견수렴 절차가 필요한데"say last AGUST! http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/new...=2014082145541

korean farbrication pothole to sinkhole and get $1 billions from LOTTE.
SANGAM area old waste reclaimed land. they can spread conspiracy rumor that another sinkhole rumor and opposite this project like case in LWT.

In short, decreased height is my personal opinions though and we can expect over 100floor but
As seoulite I am. I'll surveillance this project's procedure.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

humptydumpty7 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 20th, 2014 at 05:55 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2014, 02:21 AM   #562
inno4321

BREAKING NEWS
Seoul mayor kick out Green land group's suggestion.

According to the report, Monkey mayor reject china company's suggestion and ask them later again participated on competitive bidding.
Seoulite project give up for many years due to economical feasibility problem.

But CEO of green land group of CHIAN met the mayor and ask to sell land for built Hotel.
but mayor won sung reject billions invest suggestion.

According to the report, Some korea big construction company(maybe samsung?) concern say "China people very pride ethnic, one time they refused by mayor. how can they again particiapated on this project in competitive bidding? I'm skeptical"

And say again "Whoever company will be particiapated in this over 100fl project. Like theses days recession time?"

fxxking monkey mayor

He already refused SANDERS group's of USA $10 billions invest suggestion in JAMSIL project. at that time sander CEO visit Seoul and meeting with monkey. But kick the suggestion
Again this stupid guy kick china money.
this is same thing happen again what I concern and warning

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; November 21st, 2014 at 02:36 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 09:19 PM   #563
inno4321

이에 대해 일부 건설사들은 다소 부정적인 시각을 나타내고 있다. 층수를 70~80층으로 낮추는 등 시에서 조건을 변경하지 않는 한 입찰에 참가하려는 건설사가 없을 것이란 설명이다.

한 업계 관계자는 "결국 시공사에 지급보증을 요구할 것이 뻔한데 133층은 비용과 시간 측면에서 사업성이 떨어진다는 판단"이라며 "소송이 진행 중이어서 시에서 용적률 등의 조건을 쉽사리 변경하지 못할 것으로 예상돼 경과를 지켜봐야 한다"고 전했다. 다만 DMC 내 랜드마크 빌딩의 필요성에 대해서는 공감한다는 입장이다.

About this resume project some company skeptical response
"If not decreased to 7~80floor, then there is no participated on this "competitive bidding." say some company

Because ".when we think about construction COST AND TIME..........133floor is unreasonable plan"

Plus this report say "Now there are many supertall project begin in seoul. Especially Seoulite sangam tower + hyundai HQ..
Even YONGSAN IBD project now under legal conflict but still some FINANCING ineresting about YONGSAN IBD.
So This time seoul's Will and management ablity VERY IMPORTANT and key for supertall"
REPORT http://www.ajunews.com/view/20141122190534969

Seoul mayor reject CHINA company's suggestion about SEOULITE 640M plan.
Look!! KOREAN company they ask to decreased to 7~80floor
If he have a plan for seoul's prosperity then he would Accept China company's suggestion. Now he just playing and show with hypocrisy! because that guy hate skyscraper!
Best time for seoul but worst mayor in seoul. this time we need coup for seoul.

Last edited by inno4321; November 23rd, 2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old November 24th, 2014, 02:29 AM   #564
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

I wish you'd be more moderate in looking at these megatall buildings. There's a reason that they're almost never built in other rich, developed countries--they don't make economic sense. They cost much more to build than multiple buildings of a smaller scale, and there's rarely demand for that much floor space in one location. There aren't any buildings this tall going up in New York, Hong Kong, or London, even though all three are more suitable to that kind of development than Seoul, particularly this location on the outskirts of Seoul.

I went to Sangam-dong when I was in Seoul years ago, and there wasn't very much activity there. It's not even like Hyundai's new HQ going up in Gangnam, where land values are high. This is out in the middle of nowhere, in a city whose population and economy are no longer growing very much. Don't look at projects like this to fix that; trying to build your way into prosperity doesn't work if it's building without a reason.

If you're against Mayor Park because you think he's damaging Seoul's economy, then that's not reasonable. In the Hyundai thread, you named another thing that's much more damaging--labor unions--and I've named many others throughout observing these projects in Korea. If you think that these towers should be built in Seoul to make it more famous and more loved, that's also not reasonable. There are a lot of cities around the world that are loved despite not having any skyscrapers. For most of them, it's because they have more charm in their smaller areas: cute neighborhoods, small and pretty parks, charming café scenes (Seoul has one of those). If I were you, I'd try to think of some way to work with Mayor Park's efforts, instead of always against him. Like I've said before, even if his methods are wrong, his aim for a more equal and fair Korea is good, and he's worth working with, even if you disagree with him.

Seoul has a lot that's interesting and worthwhile that isn't skyscrapers and megaprojects.

Seoul_Korea, humptydumpty7 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 06:03 AM   #565
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Likes (Received): 9121

I think, aquaticko, you need to update your seoul up to date. Sangam DMC is not 'nowhere', but it's got a promising palce more and more.

and Seoul is taking its own way, you don't need to downgrade or moderate it to other cities of the other continents.
especially it has different situation for the building a supertall than the other developed cities, like NY, HK, or London you mentioned. and However you respect the mayor Park's personality, it's different story of the job of a mayor, I'd say he's rather a politician than a mayor, Many Seoulites have the reasonable cause to be against him.
Mussoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #566
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
If he have a plan for seoul's prosperity then he would Accept China company's suggestion. Now he just playing and show with hypocrisy! because that guy hate skyscraper!
hey, inno, I can't agree with you about this one.

I doubt Chinese investment would be fruitful/profitable.
Look, the project of Haeundae Resort Complex
it progressed ZERO percent so far.
and However they complete anything in this country, that's not valuable for this country. They'll get return any profit from building and management of the properties. Haeundae project is such.
Old November 24th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #567
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
There's a reason that Supertalls are almost never built in other rich, developed countries--they don't make economic sense. They cost much more to build than multiple buildings of a smaller scale, and there's rarely demand for that much floor space in one location. There aren't any buildings this tall going up in New York, Hong Kong, or London, even though all three are more suitable to that kind of development than Seoul, particularly this location on the outskirts of Seoul.

Seoul has a lot that's interesting and worthwhile that isn't skyscrapers and megaprojects.
That's right. The economic crysis in 2008 was the death punch for huge projects like Yongsan IBD or Seoul Lite. Korea doens't have the economic boom it needs to make such projects viable.

And now imagine Yongsan IBD getting started again with its dozens of skyscrapers and office space in some years. Who will fill the 130 floors (!) of Seoul Lite in DMC then, if most companies will wait for the much better located Yongsan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda
hey, inno, I can't agree with you about this one.

I doubt Chinese investment would be fruitful/profitable.
I agree on that. Don't sell out your precious Korea to China.
In Europe several countries made very bad experiences with Chinese investors but now they all regret it (highway projects in Poland, Harbor project in Greece, loans from China to the Hungarian government, many more..)

At first it seems like a great deal, but what China wants is power and control, and making other countries relying on them financially and economically.
So please, don't sell out too easily to Chinese corporations only because they are waving with money at you. If they give you something, they want much more back.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a good decision made about this project, actually I'm positively surprised that they are even considering building this, despite the sad economic situation!

Mussoda liked this post
humptydumpty7 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #568
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
That's right. The economic crysis in 2008 was the death punch for huge projects like Yongsan IBD or Seoul Lite. Korea doens't have the economic boom it needs to make such projects viable.

And now imagine Yongsan IBD getting started again with its dozens of skyscrapers and office space in some years. Who will fill the 130 floors (!) of Seoul Lite in DMC then, if most companies will wait for the much better located Yongsan?

In that logic, Yongsan IBD will be not easy to be viable too, considering the lagging growth of the office needs in Seoul. Actually even the main building of SIFC in Yeouido is still empty. lol.

Methinks, Seoul Lite in DMC is in a bit different lane. Sangam DMC area is got strongly and successfully specialized in media industry, following the object of the district formation plan. Currently MBC, KBS, SBS, YTN, TV Chosun, Channel A and other all chief broadcasting companies flocked together to the DMC district.

If Seoul Lite supertall will be built, then such media-ICT-game-and other entertainment industry companies will move into it. (like, 'Hallyu symbol')
Personally I think the city government should permit the apartments and hotel to take some floors of it.
Old November 24th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #569
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post
Personally I think the city government should permit the apartments and hotel to take some floors of it.
Its already permitted and expected. Most of the tower is supposed to be hotels and apartments actually (floor 46-130)

Mussoda liked this post
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #570
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

oh, indeed!
Old November 24th, 2014, 09:22 PM   #571
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

Yes, but I have to wonder who is filling up the space left over by all those companies moving to Sangam? I'm willing to bet that a lot of it is still vacant.

Until Korea undertakes some serious social and economic reform, there just isn't going to be demand for these megaprojects. That's why I wish they'd focus on smaller, high-quality projects that are needed, not these big flashy ones that have no justification.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #572
Astraios

Likes (Received): 96

This tower is a bit far from the main part of Seoul, if its actually built, I wonder how mnu people would come to. This landmark
Astraios no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 06:35 AM   #573
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

For those who misunderstand the conditions of location of this project, I give some tips.

As seen in the map, Seoul Lite is much closer from CBD even than LWT in Jamsil.
So it's not that far, guys !

and DMC itself holds broadcasting companies, the biggest parks, and Worldcup Stadium. all stuffs are big attraction of mobs all year around, and above all, it's near Hongdae sphere, likewise LWT is near Gangnam sphere, Actually Hongdae~CBD line is more attractive for ordinary tourists than Gangnam,
and DMC is on the AREX line (Incheon International Airport Railway leading to Seoul), so it has very nice accessibility. (better than LWT for foreign tourists)

Old November 25th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #574
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post
For those who misunderstand the conditions of location of this project, I give some tips.

As seen in the map, Seoul Lite is much closer from CBD even than LWT in Jamsil.
So it's not that far, guys !

and DMC itself holds broadcasting companies, the biggest parks, and Worldcup Stadium. all stuffs are big attraction of mobs all year around, and above all, it's near Hongdae sphere, likewise LWT is near Gangnam sphere, Actually Hongdae~CBD line is more attractive for ordinary tourists than Gangnam,
and DMC is on the AREX line (Incheon International Airport Railway leading to Seoul), so it has very nice accessibility. (better than LWT for foreign tourists)

i live near sang-am dmc... in my opinion, the place of tower. is not good for that
actually hongdae area, CBD are no meaning for here
here is kind of island
here have too many week points.
this area dont have shoping malls, pups, club etc..
so only workers or resident can see. jamsil of LWT have many people but here is not.
too far from subway station, poor transfer system.(line 6 is not usefull subway line and only few people use, AREX also few people use)
too small population,
for example... worldcup stadium movie theater can use any time. sold out is very few. even thow weekend or holyday..
only when the skypark have a party(just 2 week of year) or big match likes seoul vs su-won soccer game(2 or 3 day in year) this area has traffic jam.

but anyway i hope build tower..
maybe the tower can make synergy..
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #575
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Hey, guy, I live near too. I know the isolated feeling of Sangam. but you just say it too pessimistic,
yeah, Sangam DMC is not the hangout place, it's a natural consequence from the object of the district plan of DMC.

but essentially the supertall is not for the viewpoint of the residents inside, but for visitors and tourists.
then the viewpoint like "everything should be serviced in one site" is meaningless.
Tourists will stop by DMC and visit observation deck in the supertall and go hangout hongdae and go downtown for shopping. It's natural and easy itinerary to take.
(Even though Lotte world gives much more chances to enjoy and consume, foreign tourists don't come to Korea only for Lotte world.)

and about transport system, I don't understand why you underate it.
Arex line and Gyeongui line will bring you to Hongdae, Shinchon, Seoul Station, including transfer at Hapjeong, Hongdae, Gongdeok, and still it's nice choice for tourists.
Maybe you just see the situation only by your view as a resident, but it's not that perfect answer.
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #576
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
i live near sang-am dmc... in my opinion, the place of tower. is not good for that
actually hongdae area, CBD are no meaning for here
here is kind of island
here have too many week points.
this area dont have shoping malls, pups, club etc..
so only workers or resident can see. jamsil of LWT have many people but here is not.
too far from subway station, poor transfer system.(line 6 is not usefull subway line and only few people use, AREX also few people use)
too small population,
for example... worldcup stadium movie theater can use any time. sold out is very few. even thow weekend or holyday..
only when the skypark have a party(just 2 week of year) or big match likes seoul vs su-won soccer game(2 or 3 day in year) this area has traffic jam.

but anyway i hope build tower..
maybe the tower can make synergy..

you are right.
I like supertall but that area isolated region.
As you know that area old waste land and whole seoul's citiznes's waste deep down underground.

but Those area very hot place and one of most fast develop district of seoul. And now HWAGOK New extension subway plan will be make a new subway station at there.
but now if you go there very isolated.

So i hope YONGSAN IBD must resume as soon as possible,
yongsan area BEST place for megal tall in seoul. even LWT can't compare with yongsan.
yongsnan's land mark tower will be overlap with old namsan tower.
It can be reflect prosperity of korea economy.(old namsan tower and new mordern yongsan IBD)

Old November 25th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #577
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

yeah, we should give the priority to Yongsan if we can't help but choose one between the two. It's more phenomenal.
Old December 1st, 2014, 01:58 PM   #578
inno4321

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2014&no=1482111

BREAKING NEWS
SEOUL STUPID MAYOR TRY TO decreased SEOULITE TOWER BELOW 100FLOOR
According to the today report "seoulite tower try to decreased(대폭완화하는 dramatically decreased) below 100fl"
FXXK WON SUNG
I can't count "HOW many great projects are dismiss in seoul by this stupid mayor"

4years ago seoul mayor make a new regulation which only 4 district TO ALLOW TO built over 80floor supertall in metropolitan.(
gangnam(around Lotte world tower555m)
yongsan
and sangam DMC

Only these 3 area can built supertall (other area strictly prohibited TO BUILT SUPERTALL)
SANGAM DMC Seoulite project is last area where allow to built supertall But at last this precious project almost ruin! really sick n tire this mayor's ANTI-SKYSCRAPER AND ANTI DEVELOPMENT POLICY !
as i said before #554!!!!!!!!

Seoul_Korea liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; December 1st, 2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old December 1st, 2014, 02:57 PM   #579
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2014&no=1482111

BREAKING NEWS
SEOUL STUPID MAYOR TRY TO decreased SEOULITE TOWER BELOW 100FLOOR
According to the today report "seoulite tower try to decreased(대폭완화하는 dramatically decreased) below 100fl"
FXXK WON SUNG
I can't count "HOW many great projects are dismiss in seoul by this stupid mayor"

Essential sentence in the article:
"하지만 DMC 입지 여건과 사업비 등을 고려할 때 100층 이상으로 짓는 것은 현실적으로 불가능하다는 게 업계 관계자들의 중론이다. "

--> "Industry officials think that everything above 100 floors is economically not feasable in DMC area."

If they want someone to build it, they probably have to reduce the height to make it feasable. Sad but true Economy sucks, investment is difficult.
Its hard to build a supertall if korean companies don't want to build it. I don't know how the mayor can change that?

Actually I'm happy and even a bit suprised that they still even consider building this. So I'm quite excited about this project and I'm looking forward to what they will do in the end!

PS: And Seoul can be proud that there are even 3 districts where supertalls can be built! Many other cities only have 1 or 2 districts. `
Most European cities have none.

Seoul_Korea, kimahrikku1 liked this post
Old December 1st, 2014, 02:58 PM   #580
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Something like 70~99 floors office or mixed use tower is still a supertall. It's like 320m~450m, so it's still really tall. Be happy it's not canceled, but still a supertall

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

humptydumpty7, Daehanminguk liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall