daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 12th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #101
BOM
Alive

Likes (Received): 8

I also agree, brian.
In my opinion, the Han River project is more admirable than the several landmark towers planned for the city. Also, the funny thing is that I like the surrounding green area of the DMC tower more than the tower itself.

c;
BOM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #102
100%catracho

Likes (Received): 128

wooo looks like a big d&ck cut the two balls jaja just kiddin is a espectacular height good for SEOUL
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #103
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Stunning high tower but... i miss the top. This desgin asks for a top or spire!

The building is little to bulky, a littlebit more refined end it will be perfect! .
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 12:17 AM   #104
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

I don't mean to be cynical against artist's originality and effort but there seems to be a couple of issues with this design. The cost per space efficiency seems to be the biggest issue with this one. Secondly, the building seems to be no more interesting than the Washington monument in DC. Personally I would really love to see the first proposed rendering made to reality.
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #105
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOM View Post
I also agree, brian.
In my opinion, the Han River project is more admirable than the several landmark towers planned for the city. Also, the funny thing is that I like the surrounding green area of the DMC tower more than the tower itself.
I have to agree with you here too BOM. I also like the surrounding green areas around the towers lol. The Yongsan Dream Tower's surroundings (from the renderings) look pretty good too. I also like how Seoul has a mix of very "countryside-like" atmosphere (around far western and far eastern Seoul near Sangam (small islands with trees, birds, greenery) and W Hotel Seoul area (plenty of trees, mountains, flowers, parks) with combined with a vibrant modern megacity atmosphere of Gangnam and CBD.
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:54 AM   #106
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Likes (Received): 9121

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
I have to agree with you here too BOM. I also like the surrounding green areas around the towers lol. The Yongsan Dream Tower's surroundings (from the renderings) look pretty good too. I also like how Seoul has a mix of very "countryside-like" atmosphere (around far western and far eastern Seoul near Sangam (small islands with trees, birds, greenery) and W Hotel Seoul area (plenty of trees, mountains, flowers, parks) with combined with a vibrant modern megacity atmosphere of Gangnam and CBD.
Yeah, Yeah, I like it too, But strictly speaking, I feel koreans love such "countryside-like" atmosphere feeling too much,.. they even plant trees at every corner inside city core obsessionally,.. and don't clear sands on the road and sidewalks cleanly, I guess it's heritage of agricultural era sentiments.
Mussoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #107
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

BTW seoul is one of the least green city in the world, I mean that there are least amount of content of vegetation in the city. You hardly see any trees and no grass to play football on, mostly sand.
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #108
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyckske Ruben View Post
Stunning high tower but... i miss the top. This desgin asks for a top or spire!
please no spire on this one, would destroy the design IMO
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #109
brianmoon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
BTW seoul is one of the least green city in the world, I mean that there are least amount of content of vegetation in the city. You hardly see any trees and no grass to play football on, mostly sand.
True, I couldn't see a green field either football (soccer for Americans) or just open field in high schools...just sand @[email protected]
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #110
kyenan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
According to the 2006 environment white book released by the Seoul Metropolis government, as of 2005, total green area (or 'park area' as written in the text) of Seoul is 164.22 sq. km, which is 27% of the total city area (605.40 sq.km). Per capita, it is 15.95 sq. km. How do you compare that with other cities?

By the way, those numbers above include green areas naturally formed, that is, mountains and riversides. Also the books says that "the majority of the green area (76%) is of forests, so there certainly is some limits in accessibility."
kyenan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #111
architec101
BANNED

I whole heartly agree with your points on the minimal green areas in Seoul and other cities in SK. Although it may cost some for Koreans to expand and maintain turf areas, the added pleasance to their city living will offset the cost by many times over.
Old June 14th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #112
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyenan View Post
According to the 2006 environment white book released by the Seoul Metropolis government, as of 2005, total green area (or 'park area' as written in the text) of Seoul is 164.22 sq. km, which is 27% of the total city area (605.40 sq.km). Per capita, it is 15.95 sq. km. How do you compare that with other cities?

By the way, those numbers above include green areas naturally formed, that is, mountains and riversides. Also the books says that "the majority of the green area (76%) is of forests, so there certainly is some limits in accessibility."
That fits much more with my expereince visiting, not many "parks" of areas of grassland but alot of mountainous forrested areas close to the center of the city.
MoreOrLess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #113
MOHMOH

hey why did they change the towerdesign the first 1 was slightly better than this
MOHMOH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #114
olsib
>

Likes (Received): 1673

The design is very nice and clean. The renderings are very beautiful.

... and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post
... is very phallic!

Probably designed intentionally by the architects.

olsib no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #115
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsib View Post
The design is very nice and clean. The renderings are very beautiful.

... and this:

... is very phallic!

Probably designed intentionally by the architects.

lol.. but that's canceled design.
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #116
olsib
>

Which is the actual project?
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:05 AM   #117
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post
lol.. but that's canceled design.
I am so happy it was doomed already. Now, they need to come up with something more purposeful design that reflects Korean culture and is awe-inspiring to the eyes of beholders.
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #118
olsib
>

The Korean culture?!

Then you should not build skyscrapers!

I mean... all this "things" are very inn and when you try to apply the "national culture" they became a little bit... bizarre!
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:21 AM   #119
brianmoon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
I am so happy it was doomed already. Now, they need to come up with something more purposeful design that reflects Korean culture and is awe-inspiring to the eyes of beholders.
Hmmm...I dunno about that...I mean if it has a "Korean" design to it, I mean you wouldn't want to see a skyscraper that looks like a giant traditional hat do you? @[email protected] I know that many Chinese cities have a distinct "Chinese" design but I think Koreans tend to like the more "Modern" designs than traditional designs...hopefully the new designs turns out great tho lol
Old June 15th, 2008, 06:17 AM   #120
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsib View Post
Which is the actual project?
this one,..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydevil View Post
In this "final competition", Seoul Landmark Consortium has been selected as the preferred bidder just today(5.30.2008). This is the proposed design from Seoul Landmark Consortium:

but not finalized yet, though...

Tags
megatall