daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 55351

QuantumX, our new Skyscrapers forum mod

QuantumX has been participating and contributing in this forum for a long time and now he has kindly accepted the mod team's invitation and becomes our new Skyscrapers forum moderator. Welcome Quantum and thanks for heping us out!

bozenBDJ, n20 liked this post
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #2
Archaean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 311

Congratulations
Archaean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #3
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9717

All we need in this forum section is a non- N.A. & European moderator.
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Well, you can consider me as an Asian moderator in this forum.
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #5
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6446

gz
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #6
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Well, you can consider me as an Asian moderator in this forum.
I meant that the moderator lives there (i.e. Asia, Africa, Oceania, etc., ) not originated there.
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #7
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

It doesn't matter, I still participate and posting in the China forum daily.
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #8
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 12209

Thanks, Quantum!!

bozenBDJ liked this post
Taller, Better no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #9
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taller, Better View Post
Thanks, Quantum!!
You are welcome, TB! A little about me for fellow forumers who do not know. I became a skyscraper enthusiast nearly 40 years ago when I moved from Jacksonville, Florida to Los Angeles at the age of 18 to sow my wild oats. At that time, the new tallest building in Florida, the Indepedent Life Insurance bldg (which later became the Modis tower and now Wells Fargo) had just topped out at 535 feet. It displaced the former tallest building in Florida by 10 feet, the Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Center that housed the Saturn V rocket that put man on the moon.

But these buildings didn't capture my imagination. I became a skyscraper enthusiast when I stepped off of a Greyhound bus in downtown Los Angeles and walked under buildings that were 700 and 800 feet tall. That is when I was hooked, studying skyscraper architecture and history as a hobby and collecting postcards and picture books all along the way for decades.

I never thought about becoming a photographer until I joined ths website. Until then, you could have counted the number of photos I had taken in my entire life on two hands and two feet, but as Miami's new skyline started to top out, I wasn't seeing the kinds of angles and perspectives I wanted to based on all those years of informal study. So as they say, if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.

I become a published photographer in less than a year with two of my photos appearing in the book the New Miami the Magic City. Another author used one of my photos in a historical documentary as well as a book which documents the life of visionary artist Laura Woodward. Other published photos of my include work I've done on the Miami Marine Stadium as we are trying to bring back this unique venue and I gladly donate my services. Some of my best work I sell as stock photography on the Internet and the more artistic of my work I sell as framed enlargements. My photos have been the banner for the website on five different occasions. See the links in my signature line for samples of my work.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

n20 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #10
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Congrats Quantum! Although I don't know your real name, I admire your posts very much. You're not biased towards any city or any region, and most importantly you don't hesitate to speak the truth. I wish you good luck
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #11
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post
Congrats Quantum! Although I don't know your real name, I admire your posts very much. You're not biased towards any city or any region, and most importantly you don't hesitate to speak the truth. I wish you good luck
Thanks, Faisal Shourov! For all the reasons that you've mentioned is why I was asked to join the moderating staff to begin with. When an area needs a new moderator, this is what we look for. With this particular forum, I've started out visiting all the threads I don't normally go to. I believe in keeping discussions civil and respectful without laying the hammer down too hard. We want to encourage more participation, but at the same time, we don't want people discouraging it.

One reason I stopped going to SkyscraperPage is oftentimes conversations would get out of hand and the moderators were too passive or you couldn't even find one, so guys (and gals) if you feel a conversation is getting out of hand or we have people getting too indignant too often, please feel free to PM me if I'm not noticeably present in the forum at the time and I will review the discussion. I'm sure this holds true for all the mods involved in this section.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

miami305, bozenBDJ, n20 liked this post
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #12
miami305

Location: Today: Miami, Florida..moving back to Europe (Paris) in the future.
Likes (Received): 988

Felicitaciones!
miami305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #13
CF221

Likes (Received): 811

Congratulations, I wish you many successes
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #14
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami305 View Post
Felicitaciones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF221 View Post
Congratulations, I wish you many successes
Thank you, gentlemen! It's nice to get support from the Miami forum when I'm away from the Miami forum.

My photo threads:

Old August 11th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #15
null
Mind Reader

Likes (Received): 1013

He is a cool guy! Congratulations!
null no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #16
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
He is a cool guy! Congratulations!
Thank you!

My photo threads: