daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 873

REPORT | #C: DXB-MXP- JFK- MEX- SAP - Various carriers: Dubai to San Pedro Sula - Return

Flying the world : Dubai - Milan - New York - Mexico City - San Pedro Sula

I took this flight past December so my apologies for not posting this before and the quality of the pics but it was from my phone, just wanted to showcase my report on this trip from Dubai to San Pedro Sula and all the stops in between.

Flight 1
Emirates Airlines
Dubai, UAE to Milan, Italy
Airbus A330 -200

Dubai - Milan > 7 hrs aprox

So I was very excited to try Emirates Airlines from Dubai on my flight to Milan the flight left at 3.00 am arriving in the early morning to Malpensa.

We took the bus from terminal 3 to the Concourse

The seat wasn't that comfortable but it didn't matter that much.

[

After take off they gave us a nice snack.

The dawn

Before landing to Milan they served us the breakfast

Landing in -4 degrees Malpensa

Thank you for a lovely flight! A330

Flight 2
Delta Airlines
Milan, Italy to New York, USA
Boeing 767

Milan - New York > 8 hrs aprox

So now we get to the infamous part of the journey as we see the Delta 767 it all seem normal.

Nice big seats

So after sitting inside the plane for more than 3 hours and not being able to take off finally the captain says that there was a technical failure with one of the turbines in the plane and that we wont be able to leave Milan. Unfortunately they had to fly the spare part from Frankfurt.

We got off the plane were the buses took us to the terminal again were we would be paid a hotel room as the flight would leave the next day. They booked us the Malpensa Sheraton.

View from the room.

My room was nice and comfy, what you would expect from a Sheraton and this property was a newly opened one so all was new.

My dinner ... a pizza in Italy

Hotel Foyer on the next morning

So next morning at 10.00 am we checked out and proceed to the plane that was fixed, we took the bus to the plane that was parked on the tarmac.

Now on the plane waiting for the defrosting of the wings.

Finally after 3 hours sitting again inside the plane, because there was another "issue" with the some oil things, then the captain says we will take off, other italian passengers got very pissed off and decided to get off the plane, right there and there.

Quite a nice entertainment program they had.

Now we are cruising altitude, so I decided to have myself a drink.

Then lunch arrived

I enjoyed most of the movies and music on the entertainment system and slept for a nice part of the trip, but they gave us a snack just right before landing to NYC.

John F. Kennedy International - Terminal 1
Here I proceeded to my next flight with skyteam partner Aeromexico.

Flight 3
Aeromexico
New York, USA to Mexico City, Mexico
Boeing 737

New York - Mexico > 5 hrs aprox.

Going for the gate on JFK

The plane was brand new and it looked really nice.

Unfortunately it was a very bumpy flight!! lots of turbulence and you could feel the plane thrusting itself upward to gain more altitude and have less turbulence. After all the movement they served the meal.

Now approaching Benito Juarez Intl Airport

Flight 4
Aeromexico
Mexico City, Mexico to San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Embraer ERJ 145

Mexico City to San Pedro Sula > 2 hrs aprox.

Once we took off MEX and heading our way to SAP

Then they gave us a snack, very nice service for a short flight. The only uncomfortable thing was the plane was very little.

Our approach to San Pedro Sula Intl Airport.

Once landed at the airport

Hope you liked the report I will post my return flight and other reports from Dubai via London and via Washington.

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190

Equario, firoz bharmal liked this post
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #2
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Nice flight report

So did DL rebook your connecting flights?
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #3
Леонид
Espartano

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
Nice flight report

So did DL rebook your connecting flights?
Thank you .. Well fortunately I bought the other connecting flights until the next day as I was planning to spend that night in NYC. So got there on time with all the delays.

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190
Old August 11th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #4
A11 LJUBLJANA
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 754

San Pedro? It is one of the most criminal cities of the wörld!

262 liked this post
A11 LJUBLJANA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #5
A11 LJUBLJANA
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 754

To Emirates I have only one negative - TOO NARROW SEATS. 18.5" in business class (A380) - it's veeeery narrow. 20-23" in FIRST CLASS :shock: is very narrow too!

262 liked this post
A11 LJUBLJANA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #6
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Just out of curiosity what brought you to Honduras in the first place?
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #7
Леонид
Espartano

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Just out of curiosity what brought you to Honduras in the first place?
Well I am from Honduras and I was visiting home for the holidays

Airports visited:

My 10 top planes:
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #8
Леонид
Espartano

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11 LJUBLJANA View Post
San Pedro? It is one of the most criminal cities of the wörld!
Well I haven't experienced myself any crimes or anything in particular .. it is dangerous as many other places in developing countries.

Airports visited:

My 10 top planes:
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #9
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18209

Lucky that nasty Delta delay didn't trip up the rest of your itinerary. The Sheraton looked quite nice!

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #10
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

It is a shame that you had to fly Delta. I would have tried to connect somewhere in Europe that has a connection to Mexico so you could skip the USA airlines. Emirates needs fifth freedom flights from JFK to MEX from DXB so people would not have to switch so many airlines. Thanks for sharing.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #11
Леонид
Espartano

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Lucky that nasty Delta delay didn't trip up the rest of your itinerary. The Sheraton looked quite nice!
I know! I was very lucky .. the Sheraton was nice as it was recently opened property.

Airports visited:

My 10 top planes:
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Леонид
Espartano

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post
It is a shame that you had to fly Delta. I would have tried to connect somewhere in Europe that has a connection to Mexico so you could skip the USA airlines. Emirates needs fifth freedom flights from JFK to MEX from DXB so people would not have to switch so many airlines. Thanks for sharing.
Actually the flight when I bought the ticket said Alitalia but then it said operated by Delta plane .. but my return was on a beautiful spanking new A330 from Alitalia .. I will post the trip soon.

Airports visited:

My 10 top planes: