daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark

Denmark » Copenhagen | Aarhus

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #81
arkoh

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFish
It looks like the one in Randers (or maybe the one in Randers looks like this)
Hmmmm... I just saw the one in Randers for the first time this very Morning, and let me put it to you this way:

This project has been under way... published and presented in different medias, national television and newspapers for the past year now... and the one in Randers just made the headlines today!!!....................

Well nothing to do about it... thats life in architecture!! I mean borrowing ideas from other projects are nothing new, but in my oppinion there are different levels of doing so, and for what its worth... without going into a disucussion as to wether the architects responsible for the "thing" in Randers, have been looking through our drawings and visualisations or in so case, how much - I just think, in general, that it's sad that it's the way of some architects!!!

So Sad!!!!

Last edited by arkoh; April 7th, 2005 at 09:06 AM.
arkoh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM   #82
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 71

/\ I think we all know here that "your" project was born way before the Randers one. It semms like they looked a bit too much on your renderings.

To their defense, it has to be said that they write the design is far from done, so maybe the outcome will be very different. Let's just hope they wont "steal" too much of yours in the end.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #83
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 806

I think the red colour will look a bit different in reality.

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

My latest drawings:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670500
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 02:19 PM   #84
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkoh
Hmmmm... I just saw the one in Randers for the first time this very Morning, and let me put it to you this way:

This project has been under way... published and presented in different medias, national television and newspapers for the past year now... and the one in Randers just made the headlines today!!!....................

Well nothing to do about it... thats life in architecture!! I mean borrowing ideas from other projects are nothing new, but in my oppinion there are different levels of doing so, and for what its worth... without going into a disucussion as to wether the architects responsible for the "thing" in Randers, have been looking through our drawings and visualisations or in so case, how much - I just think, in general, that it's sad that it's the way of some architects!!!

So Sad!!!!
I obviously dont know too much about architecture or anything ... but arent there some sort of copywrites on your renderings/designs? From the look of the one in Randers:

And the one here in Frederikshavn:

The only difference I can see is the color of the building, but other then that, it looks almost identicle ..
Old April 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #85
Sideshow_Bob
\m/

Likes (Received): 6

I think that the one in Randers looks triangular or square and the one in Frederikshavn looks oval.
Sideshow_Bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #86
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 96

i must agree with sideshow here, if you calimed they were similar architects of all "box" buildings could go to war with eachother

Also, we are awesome architects - www.sportsport.ee
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #87
tournesol

Likes (Received): 26

I agree that from this angle the similarities are big, but I think we should give them the benetit of the doubt before accusing them of stealing the design from Frederikshavn. And as mlm wrote, this is very early sketches and much can (and probably will) happen yet.

Anyway, thanks for your latest render, ARKOH.
It's good to see it getting closer, and those SUPER renders must impress some of the local politicians. Fingers crossed
tournesol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #88
arkoh

Likes (Received): 0

Well... as I said... Nothing to do about it!!!... and DLL_4ever No Copyrights on a shape, Nope, so gotta move on!!... And in principal I agree with you ch1le... then every architect designing square housing blocks would go to war with each other, but the situation IS different here... But I will leave it here, my mum always said that if I didn't have something nice to say, then I should shut the "%¤#"%¤#" up!!! (ahhh well not really coming from my mum, but the thought is appropriate enough I think!!!

But I will say this much... They could at least have bothered choosing a different angle!!!! But again... That's just me you know!!!

Welll thought I might give you guys the latest update!!! And feel good about that instead!!!

These visualisations have been done for the proposal to the local plan! The local plan that (We expect) will be approved in the City Counsil tomorrow!!!

First one seen from the water of the coast of Frederikshavn! This will be the view of the city as you approach the coast from Sweden or from Lęsų!

The second one is from the Harbour

The third one from the neighbourhood behind the tower

The fourth from the intersection to the south of the tower

The fifth and last one from the hills in the southern part of town.

Well just made some changes to the visualisations... thought I better add some copyright informmation there!!!

ALL visualisations VERY impressively done by COWI A/S (a Danish Ingeneering company)!!!!!!!!! With an impressive height fault margin of +/- 1 meter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by arkoh; April 11th, 2005 at 04:18 PM.
arkoh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #89
Hviid
Positivist

/\ very nice arkoh as usual! This is going to look AWESOME when done! It stands out pretty well too! Although, I think it would stand out even more if it was taller
Old April 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #90
DenverDane

Likes (Received): 4

Thanks for the update Arkoh! It will definitely add another twist to the otherwise boring skyline of Frederikshavn. I agree that it's some great renderings from COWI.
DenverDane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #91
tournesol

Thanx Arkoh. Fingers crossed for tomorrows City Council meeting
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #92
Monkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Thank you, Arkoh! VERY nice visualizations that should convince everybody that Frederikshavn will not be ruined for ever if your proposed building is permitted to be part of its skyline.

I'll most likely be asleep when your hearing before the City Council takes place, but I wish you well!
Monkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #93
Hviid
Positivist

delete

Last edited by Hviid; April 12th, 2005 at 02:05 PM.
Hviid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:16 AM   #94
DenverDane

Likes (Received): 4

^Then it starts to look like a gigantic cigarette!
DenverDane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #95
Monkey
BANNED

Lol, DenverDane!

DLL, we should bear in mind that, at such a height, arkoh's project would in all likelihood be rejected, and we don't want that to happen, right?
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:32 AM   #96
Hviid
Positivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whose Homepage
Lol, DenverDane!

DLL, we should bear in mind that, at such a height, arkoh's project would in all likelihood be rejected, and we don't want that to happen, right?
Hey you never know Look at the TT in Malmų .. who really expected something like that would ever show up? Especially at the location that its at
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #97
tournesol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL_4ever
Hey you never know Look at the TT in Malmų .. who really expected something like that would ever show up? Especially at the location that its at
Now, Frederikshavn isn't exactly as big as Malmö...

Btw, DLL4ever - I know you didn't mean no harm - but the point of a COPYRIGHT image is to protect people from copying and manipulating it.
What you just did is illegal - especially when you leave the old copyright on the new manipulated image!
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #98
Monkey
BANNED

Double tournesol!
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #99
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 71

/\ I must agree with 2 previous post here. Maybe not the best idea to manipulate a rendering that goes through a city council voting process today, and place it online, while the COWI copyright is still there.
----

Now waiting very excited to hear from arkoh.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #100
Hviid
Positivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tournesol
Btw, DLL4ever - I know you didn't mean no harm - but the point of a COPYRIGHT image is to protect people from copying and manipulating it.
What you just did is illegal - especially when you leave the old copyright on the new manipulated image!
My bad ... I didnt really mean for it like that.. it was just a dumb joke