daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:58 PM   #241
apinamies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: pńńkaupunkiseutu
Posts: 962
Likes (Received): 716

Do they really need that big building in that small city?
__________________

Zaz965, twixpk liked this post
apinamies no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #242
Speechless.♥
Registered User
 
Speechless.♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 607
Likes (Received): 630

Yes!
To become more famous, more attractive, more proud city.
__________________

Canzone, Kristian_KG, ft89, QatPhils liked this post
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #243
chmoma2
nothing special
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 68
Likes (Received): 201

have they stopped working?
chmoma2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:56 AM   #244
Kyll.Ing.
Registered User
 
Kyll.Ing.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 1,088
Likes (Received): 3645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
Yes!
To become more famous, more attractive, more proud city.
Or to launder some really big sum of money, or to keep Chechen leaders loyal to Moscow by way of profitable construction contracts awarded under the table, or maybe as an employment measure for what is, by all accounts, a pretty shabby economy. To quote Wikipedia, "Total revenues of the budget of Chechnya for 2017 are 59.2 billion rubles. Of these, 48.5 billion rubles are so-called "gratuitous receipts" from the federal budget of the Russian Federation."

These guys are making roughly 18 % of the money they spend. I can't see a supertall skyscraper being an investment made according to market demands and sound financial forecasts.
__________________
Poe's law: You can't impersonate stupidity without somebody mistaking it for the real thing.
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:44 PM   #245
Speechless.♥
Registered User
 
Speechless.♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 607
Likes (Received): 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
Or to launder some really big sum of money, or to keep Chechen leaders loyal to Moscow by way of profitable construction contracts awarded under the table, or maybe as an employment measure for what is, by all accounts, a pretty shabby economy. To quote Wikipedia, "Total revenues of the budget of Chechnya for 2017 are 59.2 billion rubles. Of these, 48.5 billion rubles are so-called "gratuitous receipts" from the federal budget of the Russian Federation."

These guys are making roughly 18 % of the money they spend. I can't see a supertall skyscraper being an investment made according to market demands and sound financial forecasts.
Yes, such a things can happening, but expression of the Chechen leaders is missing. Some countries are making money of debt, bombing everywhere where they feel oil and Adolf Hitler would be proud of them. On the other hand RF is a country with rising economy, sixth biggest economy in the world, and together with other BRICS countries will soon become one of the biggest economy power in the world. Such a conversation is worth sh*t my friend. If you want to talk about architecture... The skyscraper is supertall project, that can help the city to be more famous, more attractive and more proud! People like you don┤t want any success in RF, of course, you would like this project in case, that RF will s*ck US b*lls like other European countries, but till the day the world stop exist, this won┤t happen. So the skyscraper is success of the city. Dubai builds 100x more skyscrapers that would a city with few millions people need, is this any problem?
__________________

Infesus, Qweoiu liked this post
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 11:45 PM   #246
Kyll.Ing.
Registered User
 
Kyll.Ing.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 1,088
Likes (Received): 3645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
Yes, such a things can happening, but expression of the Chechen leaders is missing. Some countries are making money of debt, bombing everywhere where they feel oil and Adolf Hitler would be proud of them. On the other hand RF is a country with rising economy, sixth biggest economy in the world, and together with other BRICS countries will soon become one of the biggest economy power in the world. Such a conversation is worth sh*t my friend. If you want to talk about architecture... The skyscraper is supertall project, that can help the city to be more famous, more attractive and more proud! People like you don┤t want any success in RF, of course, you would like this project in case, that RF will s*ck US b*lls like other European countries, but till the day the world stop exist, this won┤t happen. So the skyscraper is success of the city. Dubai builds 100x more skyscrapers that would a city with few millions people need, is this any problem?
Never mind the politics, and I think such a tower would not be out of place in Russia as a whole. It'd fit right into the skyline of Moscow, dominate that of St. Petersburg, or maybe put Chelyabinsk back on the map after people forget that meteorite.

It's just that I question the reasons for building a supertall tower in Grozny, of all places. It's the 68th biggest city in the country by population (not even among the biggest three in North Caucasus), has no tourism or industry to speak of, and its loyalty to Moscow is over-dependent on the personal whims of Ramzan Kadyrov. And even if I'd believe your statements on the Russian economy as a whole, Chechnya's doesn't exactly seem sound enough to warrant the construction of supertall skyscrapers. Federal subsidies make up 80 % of the republic's budget for 2017. Add to this corruption that's awful even by Russian standards, and a level of human rights compliance on the level of Myanmar and North Korea, and I don't really see how this investment is supposed to be paid off.

Yes, Russia is fully capable of building such buildings, and the economy is (or if not, will be) solid enough to accomodate the investment. But Grozny seems to be one of the least sensible places to build it. The city does not hold significance in its population number, industry, or economy (not in the positive sense, at least), not even regionally. It's not a major port of trade or railway hub. It is not a port of entry on the border (that honour would go to Vladikavkaz or Sochi for Georgia, and Makhachkala for Azerbaijan - all of which are bigger than Grozny, by the way). All in all, it's a rather small and remote city by Russian standards, not exactly a place where one would expect to find supertall skyscrapers.

It seems from the articles linked early in this thread that Kadyrov himself is the building owner. The guy declares an annual income of 4.84 million roubles, or roughly 80,000 USD. I'd be interested in hearing how this tower could possibly not be built with money siphoned off the oddly generous subsidies from Moscow to Chechnya. It's either laundering stolen taxpayer money for an ego project of the republic's president/monarch, or one of the most misguided legit investment projects in Russia's history.

It'll probably be a nice tower, though. I'll grant that.
__________________
Poe's law: You can't impersonate stupidity without somebody mistaking it for the real thing.

Technasia liked this post
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 06:12 PM   #247
Speechless.♥
Registered User
 
Speechless.♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 607
Likes (Received): 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
Never mind the politics, and I think such a tower would not be out of place in Russia as a whole. It'd fit right into the skyline of Moscow, dominate that of St. Petersburg, or maybe put Chelyabinsk back on the map after people forget that meteorite.

It's just that I question the reasons for building a supertall tower in Grozny, of all places. It's the 68th biggest city in the country by population (not even among the biggest three in North Caucasus), has no tourism or industry to speak of, and its loyalty to Moscow is over-dependent on the personal whims of Ramzan Kadyrov. And even if I'd believe your statements on the Russian economy as a whole, Chechnya's doesn't exactly seem sound enough to warrant the construction of supertall skyscrapers. Federal subsidies make up 80 % of the republic's budget for 2017. Add to this corruption that's awful even by Russian standards, and a level of human rights compliance on the level of Myanmar and North Korea, and I don't really see how this investment is supposed to be paid off.

Yes, Russia is fully capable of building such buildings, and the economy is (or if not, will be) solid enough to accomodate the investment. But Grozny seems to be one of the least sensible places to build it. The city does not hold significance in its population number, industry, or economy (not in the positive sense, at least), not even regionally. It's not a major port of trade or railway hub. It is not a port of entry on the border (that honour would go to Vladikavkaz or Sochi for Georgia, and Makhachkala for Azerbaijan - all of which are bigger than Grozny, by the way). All in all, it's a rather small and remote city by Russian standards, not exactly a place where one would expect to find supertall skyscrapers.

It seems from the articles linked early in this thread that Kadyrov himself is the building owner. The guy declares an annual income of 4.84 million roubles, or roughly 80,000 USD. I'd be interested in hearing how this tower could possibly not be built with money siphoned off the oddly generous subsidies from Moscow to Chechnya. It's either laundering stolen taxpayer money for an ego project of the republic's president/monarch, or one of the most misguided legit investment projects in Russia's history.

It'll probably be a nice tower, though. I'll grant that.

I don┤t have so much time, but... I also think that such a building would earn more money (especially as a hotel) in Sochi, Krasnodar or Moscow. But for some reasons it stands in Grozny. Thanks heaven for that. If the supertall skyscraper in Huaxi stand in Shanghai, Shenzhen or any other city with more than 10 million citizen, it would certainly earn much more money. But it stands in Huaxi, a village that nobody known 10 years ago. Now Huaxi is well known in China and some people say that it is the riches village in the world. Maybe it wasn┤t so popular with the tourists 10 years ago, but I┤m pretty sure that the situation has improved after media reported about the supertall and supercooool skyscraper they have. The future will show if it was reasonable to build such a project in Grozny. At the moment I┤m fan of this project, hope it brings the city more tourists and people living in Grozny will be proud of the building. I also believe that the skyscraper will pay out in the end. If the city has economic problems now, can we be sure that after 10 years it will have the same problems? I don┤t think so, but after 100 years the building will still dominate the city. When I heard "Grozny" 5 years ago, I imagined only the war between Russia and Chechnia. Now the first thing that comes to my mind is the mad project, that is more than brave and to me it represents not war but friendship between RF and Chechenia.
__________________

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by Speechless.♥; November 16th, 2017 at 08:34 PM.
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #248
Kyll.Ing.
Registered User
 
Kyll.Ing.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 1,088
Likes (Received): 3645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
I don┬┤t have so much time, but... I also think that such a building would earn more money (especially as a hotel) in Sochi, Krasnodar or Moscow. But for some reasons it stands in Grozny. Thanks heaven for that. If the supertall skyscraper in Huaxi stand in Shanghai, Shenzhen or any other city with more than 10 million citizen, it would certainly earn much more money. But it stands in Huaxi, a village that nobody known 10 years ago. Now Huaxi is well known in China and some people say that it is the riches village in the world. Maybe it wasn┬┤t so popular with the tourists 10 years ago, but I┬┤m pretty sure that the situation has improved after media reported about the supertall and supercooool skyscraper they have. The future will show if it was reasonable to build such a project in Grozny. At the moment I┬┤m fan of this project, hope it brings the city more tourists and people living in Grozny will be proud of the building. I also believe that the skyscraper will pay out in the end. If the city has economic problems now, can we be sure that after 10 years it will have the same problems? I don┬┤t think so, but after 100 years the building will still dominate the city. When I heard "Grozny" 5 years ago, I imagined only the war between Russia and Chechnia. Now the first thing that comes to my mind is the mad project, that is more than brave and to me it represents not war but friendship between RF and Chechenia.
One problem with using Huaxi as an example is that its status as a "village" is only true in the very local sense. Huaxi, or Huaxicun as it is formally known, lies within the urban area of Jiangyin, a city of 1.6 million people. Jiangyin itself is merely a satellite city of Changzhou, which in itself is a satellite city of Shanghai. Grozny lies on a sparsely inhabited plain at the foot of the Caucasus mountains.

Put another way: Within 150 km from the site of this tower, there live about 3.8 million people. The closest city with more than 1 million inhabitants is Tbilisi in Georgia, 200 km away (and over the aforementioned mountain range). The closest Russian city with more than 1 million inhabitants would be Volgograd, 600 km away.

Within 150 km from Longxi International Hotel, there live roughly 96 million people. The tower is actually within the urban area of a city of 1.6 million, whose CBD can be reached in 30 minutes by car. Shanghai itself is only 100 km away, which is a little further than the distance to Wuxi or Suzhou, which are very large cities in their own right. That tower sits square in the middle of one of the largest economic engines in the world, so to say. The economic potential is enormous just based on thoroughfare traffic alone. Grozny is located in a geographical cul-de-sac, it can only compare by being just slightly off the route of the E50 road running the 1000-ish km between Rostov-on-Don and Baku. It's probably the place to stay if you have to drive through Chechnya, but the route is not known for its tourism to begin with.

Simply put, Grozny is a backwater city in the middle of nowhere, fraught with corruption, human rights abuse, and authoritarianism; its economy is in tatters and the entire region is ravaged by conflict. Absolutely nothing suggests that this building would make any sort of money, not even to cover its cost of maintenance. The closest comparison I can think of is Ryugyong Hotel, which sits in the capital city of its country, whose construction stopped dead the moment the country stopped being generously subsidized from the outside, and the ruin was only patched up so it wouldn't remain such a big eyesore, to date there's neither demand nor money for its completion.
__________________
Poe's law: You can't impersonate stupidity without somebody mistaking it for the real thing.

Meehoowk666, [email protected] liked this post
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 06:05 AM   #249
Kristian_KG
Registered User
 
Kristian_KG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Крагујевац
Posts: 1,887
Likes (Received): 2304

Grozny has 300.000 inhabitants(wiki.ru) and that number is bigger every year.
Before the war, t city had over 400k inhabitants. So what's the problem???
Kristian_KG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 01:50 AM   #250
Meehoowk666
Registered User
 
Meehoowk666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: A-Town
Posts: 37
Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
Yes, such a things can happening, but expression of the Chechen leaders is missing. Some countries are making money of debt, bombing everywhere where they feel oil and Adolf Hitler would be proud of them. On the other hand RF is a country with rising economy, sixth biggest economy in the world, and together with other BRICS countries will soon become one of the biggest economy power in the world. Such a conversation is worth sh*t my friend. If you want to talk about architecture... The skyscraper is supertall project, that can help the city to be more famous, more attractive and more proud! People like you don┬┤t want any success in RF, of course, you would like this project in case, that RF will s*ck US b*lls like other European countries, but till the day the world stop exist, this won┬┤t happen. So the skyscraper is success of the city. Dubai builds 100x more skyscrapers that would a city with few millions people need, is this any problem?
first, RU is listed on the 12th place in terms of GDP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_GDP_(nominal)
not sure in which terms the 6th place should come from, i'd like to see a source of that

I have the feeling that both of you are right in some sense, and i hope i got the right impression of what you really wanted to say, very likely that you talked past each other, so correct me if i misunderstood your arguments.

I think you maybe got the wrong impression of what Kyll realy meant, at least aside from the question if the tower is economically viable just by long-term profit (not necessarily for the average citizen), which only the future can tell.

Now coming to my argument, why Kyll may be so skeptical about this project and the circumstances of that area it is built in:
Corruption (of power) is worldwide spread with different concentrations.
No country is innocent in the sense that "they" have to compete at some level, in the global market or at some other level. Some go to greater lengths than others to get an advantage like you addressed, some play the "game" very efficiently and launder money very secretly like Switzerland. Even germany may appear very correct, but behind the cover we are all animals, some of us more prone to greed, and that can lead to questionable connections with support for definitely power abusing forces.

Anyways, what i think that Kyll wanted to address is, that the human rights in RU and more so in RU-CE are not protected like in some other countries with economies/societies that are seen as modern (in the "western" view). Of course some conditions in other countries with an active skyscraper construction like China or elsewhere could locally be as bad or worse, but possibly have a better reputation overall. Don't get me wrong, even if a country has a well-functioning society it can still neglect or even suppress some minorities or rights, as in most cases in different severity. And even if it is seen as very well-functioning in terms of equality of rights and opportunity it can have a selfish or even agressive foreign policy like you mentioned.

Many, i think especially those people, which others, who didn't experience those starting conditions would call "spoiled", growing up in such privilege of opportunity and safety like many western countries provide (at the moment), see democracy as the best or only way, and possibly have an inner conflict about such spendings if the situation of the society is regarded as corrupted, especially in the human rigths term, not so much financially.

"skeptics" can be biased, when they don't have information about what goes on in other countries or areas. The perceived and factual reality can differ, and of course from city/region to another too. Most citizens of any country would defend their conditions and culture, even biased to their "identity" even if it isn't justifiable and human rights are frequently disregarded, as long as they feel their pride is being attacked. That is just human nature.

I think every city or country that was war torn or is regarded as corrupt has a chance to become more fair and livable, maybe one shouldn't turn away from supporting the modernisation of even authoritarian places, since it can bring better economy and education with it, if spent right, slowly bettering the equality in most countries that do it right. Since skyscrapers are usually not the most effective way to do that, at least in most cases, of course many people will be highly critical about that. Even if one feels bad about the situation, i guess anything is better than war and such a project can lead to attention which later could improve the living conditions by creating a new niche.

Conclusion: Of course Skyscrapers are not correlated to the situation in that regard, it's just that some people would like them to be in a country where "all the people" are treated well, without a despot.

So don't take my debauchery too serious, as this is can be a highly complex political and economical topic, we should focus more on the architectural aspects of this project and maybe keep the rest to ourselves.

Thanks for your opinions and arguments, sorry for my off-topic expansion and all the best to you.
__________________

chmoma2, Nahemah liked this post

Last edited by Meehoowk666; December 10th, 2017 at 02:19 AM.
Meehoowk666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 01:59 AM   #251
Blackhavvk
Registered User
 
Blackhavvk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Moscow
Posts: 2,567
Likes (Received): 7138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehoowk666 View Post
first, RU is listed on the 12th place in terms of GDP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_GDP_(nominal)
not sure in which terms the 6th place should come from, i'd like to see a source of that
.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...es_by_GDP_(PPP)
__________________

Infesus, Davidinho, Mitleser, Kristian_KG liked this post
Blackhavvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 12:17 PM   #252
Kyll.Ing.
Registered User
 
Kyll.Ing.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 1,088
Likes (Received): 3645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehoowk666 View Post
Anyways, what i think that Kyll wanted to address is, that the human rights in RU and more so in RU-CE are not protected like in some other countries with economies/societies that are seen as modern (in the "western" view).
Not quite. What I wanted to address is that there's no way this tower is financed by anything other than stealing from federal subsidies, which are so generous in the first place because Putin wants to buy (or at least lease) Chechnya's loyalty through Kadyrov. For every ruble added to Chechnya's economy by itself, Moscow sends five rubles. And that's just for the provincial budget, who knows what goes under the table. Remember again that Kadyrov himself is listed as the owner of this building, and his income is officially given as 80,000 USD/year.

Without that stream of subsidies money, this tower has nothing. Chechnya is the last place anybody wants to invest for business, again because of the corruption and the latent conflict. The city is pretty far away from everything too, making both goods transport and business commute more expensive than elsewhere. And the internal market is too small and too poor to make money off of. The only way for a business to make good money in Chechnya is to try to grab some of those subsidies from Moscow. If those subsidies stop, Chechnya is broke, and conflict is likely to bloom up again. A supertall tower is not going to change that.

There's just no reason to build a supertall in Grozny. There's no demand for it, it won't help improve the horrible business climate, and the only sort of money in it is stolen money. I can't see how that logic would change in any way even when over-correcting for "developed world bias".
__________________
Poe's law: You can't impersonate stupidity without somebody mistaking it for the real thing.

sali_haci, bus driver liked this post
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 09:02 PM   #253
Rob197588
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 42
Likes (Received): 5

Corrupt tower would be a nice name for it
__________________

Cthulhu Fhtagn liked this post
Rob197588 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:39 PM   #254
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles
 
AnOldBlackMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,648
Likes (Received): 5760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian_KG View Post
Grozny has 300.000 inhabitants(wiki.ru) and that number is bigger every year.
Before the war, t city had over 400k inhabitants. So what's the problem???
It's not a problem. It's not the money of my hard work that's wasted, it's yours. I guess if you like low wages, and even then have to give 50% in tax to your government, and then have your corrupt oligarchs spend your money on their own personal vanity projects, that will never be profitable but continue to cost you for the rest of your life, your children's lives, and so on until the next war, than that's fine. If you like being raped, good for you.
__________________
Read my science fiction adventure Lightship Chronicles.com

Cthulhu Fhtagn liked this post
AnOldBlackMarble está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 03:32 AM   #255
Nuwanda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 485
Likes (Received): 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
Simply put, Grozny is a backwater city in the middle of nowhere, fraught with corruption, human rights abuse, and authoritarianism; its economy is in tatters and the entire region is ravaged by conflict. Absolutely nothing suggests that this building would make any sort of money, not even to cover its cost of maintenance. The closest comparison I can think of is Ryugyong Hotel, which sits in the capital city of its country, whose construction stopped dead the moment the country stopped being generously subsidized from the outside, and the ruin was only patched up so it wouldn't remain such a big eyesore, to date there's neither demand nor money for its completion.
Your interlocutor is an apologist for this type of thing. Particulalry nauseating is his shilling for the North Korean regime and the ultimate white elephant in Pyongyang:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...69546&page=283
__________________
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." - P.J. O'Rourke
Nuwanda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:17 PM   #256
Technasia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
Not quite. What I wanted to address is that there's no way this tower is financed by anything other than stealing from federal subsidies, which are so generous in the first place because Putin wants to buy (or at least lease) Chechnya's loyalty through Kadyrov. For every ruble added to Chechnya's economy by itself, Moscow sends five rubles. And that's just for the provincial budget, who knows what goes under the table. Remember again that Kadyrov himself is listed as the owner of this building, and his income is officially given as 80,000 USD/year.

Without that stream of subsidies money, this tower has nothing. Chechnya is the last place anybody wants to invest for business, again because of the corruption and the latent conflict. The city is pretty far away from everything too, making both goods transport and business commute more expensive than elsewhere. And the internal market is too small and too poor to make money off of. The only way for a business to make good money in Chechnya is to try to grab some of those subsidies from Moscow. If those subsidies stop, Chechnya is broke, and conflict is likely to bloom up again. A supertall tower is not going to change that.

There's just no reason to build a supertall in Grozny. There's no demand for it, it won't help improve the horrible business climate, and the only sort of money in it is stolen money. I can't see how that logic would change in any way even when over-correcting for "developed world bias".
You are right on many points and I think this project is a waste of money for the state budget of RF. However, regarding foreign investment into the Republic, I have to correct you. Chechnya managed to become a major foreign investment hub in the northern Caucasus. If this was to concern western investment, then your argument might be right. Nevertheless, Chechnya managed to attract big sums of investment from mostly the Middle-East and Asia. Kadyrov has made some good friends in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE who will invest billions into industrial, real estate and the energy sector of Chechnya. Kadyrov even managed to build one of the largest farming projects in the Caucasus with investors from Israel, yes Israel. Apart from that, he attracted investors from Asia which are co-financing industrial & tech parks in the republic. Despite its big issues with human right abuses the republic is considered to be the safest in Russia in terms of crime. Obviously, this does not require an explanation considering the Iron fist style rule of law by Kadyrov.

Last edited by Technasia; December 13th, 2017 at 12:27 AM.
Technasia no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
ahmat tower, grozny

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu