SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Audi Car Showroom, Scotswood Road (ex Mary Trevelyan School) | Newcastle | 2fl | Completed

13K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  AngerOfTheNorth 
#1 ·
On NCC Planning Portal 23/04/13 as "Granted Conditionally"

2013/0136/01/DET

Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping

Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.u...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MH12XABSAP000

From quick look through some of the 63 Planning Documents it is an Audi dealership

KEN

#3 ·
The site has been cleared so expecting some action soonish.
The existing Audi garage further west is to stay open so I understand.

Close by is also the site of the new Eagles basketball arena so could have some construction along there worth keeping a fish eye on.
Really?

This new one isn't that far away from the existing building, and appears to be a considerably larger site.

I just assumed they must be expanding on the new site, and moving out of the other building.

#5 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 05/09/13

After recent tip off from Adrian Swall that was work on site decided to take a wander there today Thursday 05/09/13 and found works well advanced - having been a lot of excavation to change levels of sloping site area and now steel structure is in early stages of being erected, as can be seen in the following photographs by myself taken approx 1145 - 1200

First a screen print of Google Map image of the area as it used to be prior to the works , west of Brunel Terrace

Pictures from 05/09/13

Works being carried out by BDB Design Build Ltd from Sheffield and an impression of completed scheme can be seen on this article from their website - http://www.bdbdesignbuild.co.uk/news/audi-newcastle/

Also states - "we will be on site until April 2014"

Images hosted on Photobucket

NH / Steve E - time for a project thread?

If yes the following previous posts on scheme 657 to 660 and 666

KEN

#6 ·
Former Mary Trevelyan School| Scotswood Rd, Newcastle|2fl|U/C

New thread for this development:

2013/0136/01/DET | Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping | Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne

Reference 2013/0136/01/DET
Alternative Reference PP-02114166
Application Received Tue 22 Jan 2013
Address Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne
Proposal Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping
Status Granted Conditionally
http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.u...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MH12XABSAP000

#8 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 14/09/13

Follow up to post #5 and 9 days on

Pictures by myself Saturday 14/09/13 around 0915 and found structural steel works well advanced as can be seen in the following photographs - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

#9 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 26/09/13

Follow up to post above and 12 days on

Pictures by myself Thursday 26/09/13 around 1215 and found structural steel works well advanced as can be seen in the following photographs - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

#10 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 16/11/13

Follow up to mny last post above and approx 7 weeks on

Pictures by myself Saturday 16/11/13 around 1215 and found structural steel workslooking complete with roof dec k on main building and steel frame up on building to north east area of siteas can be seen in the following photographs - hosted on Photobucket

and these "unposted" pictures from 01/11/13

KEN

#11 ·
A car showroom of industrial/out of town proportions. Thought it would have been better to develop living areas for people so close to the city centre. Takes away I fell from the looks of the church spire which I'm sure could have been incorporated into a living local community if a little thought had been given. I suppose people who need an Audi need to access the showroom via a good public transport system. In fact am I missing something here? Why are we(sorry they) allowing such developments on the edge of the CBA area? Carbon footprint thoughts never mind areas for people to live in spring to mind!

#16 ·
New Audi Car Showroom, Scotswood Rd - parking arrangements

This currently on NCC Planning Portal as Pending

2013/0136/11/DCC

Submission of details of car parking to comply with condition 18 and external lighting to comply with condition 20 of planning permission 2013/0136/01/DET dated 19/04/13: Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping

Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.u...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=MV46F3BSI0A00

This being screen print of Proposed Site Plan from planning documents of that application showing proposed parking arrangements - image hosted on Photobucket

KEN

#17 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 15/12/13

Follow up to my post 10 of 17/11/13 above and approx 4 weeks on

Pictures by myself Sunday 15/12/13 around 1230 - 1245 to show current state of project - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

#18 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 21/01/14, Part 1 of 2

Follow up to my post 17 of 15/12/13 above and approx 5 weeks on

Pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Tuesday 21/01/14 around 1245 - 1300 to show current state of project - hosted on Photobucket

More on following post

KEN

#19 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 21/01/14, Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Follow up to my post 17 of 15/12/13 above and approx 5 weeks on

Pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Tuesday 21/01/14 around 1245 - 1300 to show current state of project - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

#20 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 22/02/14, Part 1 of 2

Follow up to my post 18 & 19 of 22/01/14 above and approx 4 weeks on

Pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Saturday 22/02/14 around 1345 - 1400 to show current state of project - images hosted on Photobucket

More on following post

KEN

#21 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 22/02/14, Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Follow up to my post 18 & 19 of 22/01/14 above and approx 4 weeks on

Pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Saturday 22/02/14 around 1345 - 1400 to show current state of project - images hosted on Photobucket

KEN

#22 · (Edited)
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 13/04/14, Part 1 of 2

Follow up to my post 20 & 21 of 22/02/14 above

Approx 8 weeks on and pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Sunday 13/04/14 around 0930 - 0945 to show current state of project - building now well advanced and siteworks, included now paved car park area now taking place

More on following post

KEN

#23 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 13/04/14, Part 2 of 2

Follow up to my post 20 & 21 of 22/02/14 above

Approx 8 weeks on and pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Sunday 13/04/14 around 0930 - 0945 to show current state of project - building now well advanced and siteworks, included now paved car park area now taking place

KEN

#24 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 07/06/14, Part 1 of 2

Follow up to my post 22 & 23 of 13/04/14 above

Approx 7 weeks on and pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Saturday 07/06/14 around 0900 and 1115 to show current state of project - main building now occupied and now paved car park area now taking place in vicinity of isolated smaller building

More on following post

KEN

#25 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 07/06/14, Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Approx 7 weeks on and pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Saturday 07/06/14 around 0900 and 1115 to show current state of project - main building now occupied and now paved car park area now taking place in vicinity of isolated smaller building

KEN

#28 ·
Audi new showrooms etc, Scotswood Rd, Newcastle

It is the 2 storey used car pod - "Audi Approved"

Judging by columns would think that some kind of "sheet covering" still to be provided in area currently being block paved

And on comment about design of new building

- they are moving from this building a few hundred metres west along Scotswood Rd - my pictures from 07/06/14, hosted on Photobucket

KEN

#30 ·
Motor group Benfield opens new £7m Audi dealership in Newcastle

From today's Journal Live, copyright NCJMedia Ltd @ http://www.thejournal.co.uk/business/business-news/benfield-opens-new-7m-audi-7229443

Motor group Benfield opens new £7m Audi dealership in Newcastle
Jun 09, 2014 01:58 By Coreena Ford

Mark Squires, chief executive of Benfield Motor Group, outside the new £7 million Audi dealership on Scotswood Road, Newcastle

Independent motor group Benfield has continued its capital investment programme with the opening of a new £7m Audi dealership on Scotswood Road in Newcastle.

The new flagship Audi development will officially open its doors today, Monday June 9, after a 12-month construction period, aptly opening on the same day of the world famous Blaydon Races which will head past the new dealership. The new landmark development, which is 35,000 sq ft in size and set on a 4.5 acre site, becomes one of the largest Audi dealerships in the North of England as well as the first in the region demonstrating the latest Audi brand concept.

Benfield Motor Group employs over 1,500 staff and has 34 retail outlets throughout the North East of England, Yorkshire, Cumbria and South West Scotland across a portfolio 16 car retail brands. The family-owned business said it was proud to be bringing such a prestigious development to the region.

Mark Squires, Benfield’s Chief Executive, said, “I am enormously proud of our new Audi development. With its stunning modern design, beautiful showroom and unrivalled customer service and aftersales facilities, I believe it is the most impressive motor retailing site in the North of England. It underlines Audi’s leadership in the prestige car market by making such a powerful statement of what the brand represents, stunning design and the latest in technological innovation, coupled with genuine desire to deliver a world class experience for its customers. Customers will love the new showroom facilities, our customer lounge and the all-new Audi car configurator room, the first outside of London, as well as the biggest choice of Approved Used Audis we have ever been able to offer in Newcastle. From facilities which were beginning to tire, compared with our North Tyneside, Wearside and Teesside centres, the new Newcastle Audi will become the proud flagship for North East Audi.”

The new development replaces the present Audi dealership on Scotswood Road and the new state-of-the-art show room has space for 19 car display area and there is a used car display area with space for over 80 vehicles. The overall development also includes a full aftersales facility, a 19-bay workshop, customer car parking and a private lounge area with free Wifi and refreshments.

#31 ·
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 15/07/14

Follow up to my post 24, 25 & 28 of 07 & 08/06/14 above

Approx 5 weeks on and pictures by myself Tuesday 15/06/14 around 1200 to show current state of project - main building now "Complete" fully occupied and operation and previous building further west along Scotswood Rd now "empty"

Formed now vacated building

KEN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.