daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 18th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #81
Cojapo

Likes (Received): 50

The person that wrote this obviously has not visited this website to see that there is a place called Dubai, which, last time I check, has the world's tallest. And Freedom Tower, right up Rte 95 in NYC, which will be taller as well.
Cojapo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #82
robert80

Likes (Received): 0

63 storys a joke

come on 1500' and only 63 storys. It would be better if a 1500' buliding had 113 storys. This buliding is 50 storys short
robert80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #83
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

even when you let out the spire, the tower is still arround 350m tall with 63 floors, sounds indeed too less.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #84
xAKxRUSx

Likes (Received): 7021

Finally, a price.

$800 million

So really it will be at least $1.6 billion by the time it gets to the approval stage (if it gets there...)
xAKxRUSx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #85
*Sweetkisses*

Likes (Received): 2

^ It will. I have faith this will get built.
*Sweetkisses* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM   #86
choyak

Likes (Received): 19

Haha this looks like Umeda Sky Building on steroids!!!
choyak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #87
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
even when you let out the spire, the tower is still arround 350m tall with 63 floors, sounds indeed too less.

that means every floor is 5.5 meters. pretty big empty space
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #88
FlyFish

Likes (Received): 83

Too few floors for it's hieght, another stupid spire design, and Philadelphia politics. Three strikes and yer out, LOL.

I grew up in Philly, and knowing how "business" there gets done I'd be suprised to see this happen. I always thought the skyline was terrific when One Liberty was the king of downtown. Taller doesn't necessarily mean better IMO.
FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #89
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post
that means every floor is 5.5 meters. pretty big empty space
i mean, in the ruyong hotel in korea they put 105 floors in 330m......maybe the hole tower is only made out of tall mechanical floors
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #90
romanamerican

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFish View Post
Too few floors for it's hieght, another stupid spire design, and Philadelphia politics. Three strikes and yer out, LOL.

I grew up in Philly, and knowing how "business" there gets done I'd be suprised to see this happen. I always thought the skyline was terrific when One Liberty was the king of downtown. Taller doesn't necessarily mean better IMO.
Did you think the same thing when Comcast was proposed? because we all saw how that went... well.
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #91
pennster

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanamerican View Post
Did you think the same thing when Comcast was proposed? because we all saw how that went... well.
And do you know why? Because Comcast received tax cuts that would be politically unthinkable now, seeing as how contested they were back then.

As a resident of Philly, with two native Philadelphian roommates, and with a love of skyscrapers, I can safely say that this building is hideous (even to my roommates), especially for the beauty of the skyline. It would throw what was once one of the most perfect skylines in the world completely out of whack, and introduce largely square, architecturally bland buildings as the new standard for Philadelphia's tallest. IMO, 1 Liberty Place WAS the best tallest for Philly, and the city would be lucky to get another gem such as Liberty Place even today.

This building will never happen--either that or it will have to be significantly redesigned, demand for that much space will have to skyrocket, and it will have to get rid of that silly spire.
pennster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #92
phillybud

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennster View Post

This building will never happen--either that or it will have to be significantly redesigned, demand for that much space will have to skyrocket, and it will have to get rid of that silly spire.
I think there is a good chance it will happen. I live in University City and was astonished in the just last 2 years the amount of building going on in my neighborhood: the Domus apartments on Chestnut; now the Radian - nearing completion - at 40th and Walnut; the Perelman Cancer Treatment Center at UPenn, the Hub (although very ugly IMO), the Science Center on Market, etc. The neighborhood is full of building activity. Penn and Drexel seem to be flush with money and are buying up real estate like crazy. Does anyone doubt the Cira Center II and the construction along side 30th Street?

A local realtor told me that while the rest of the country is mired in a housing slump, University City an exception ... business is brisk!

Who knows???!
Old March 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #93
TooFar
moonage daydream

Likes (Received): 377

I was listening to some real estate guy on the radio yesterday. He was convinced that not only will this building will go up, but the equivalent of 10 of these will be required in the next 10 years. With interest rates so low, and the financial market in turmoil, Commercial real-estate is relatively attractive right now. Or so he was saying…

Last edited by TooFar; March 19th, 2008 at 11:56 PM.
TooFar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #94
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 26

I really dont like the spire at all. Nice building though, philly needs more of them! Nice tower for a great city.
cbotnyse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #95
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

i made quick model of American Commerce Center. i will add details later. if there are any mistakes please tell

Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #96
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFish View Post

Well, somehow Philly managed to get up a 975-footer.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #97
slow-v6
WS6

Likes (Received): 0

I love this design!! It will be a great addition to the skyline..

\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
slow-v6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #98
*Sweetkisses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennster View Post
And do you know why? Because Comcast received tax cuts that would be politically unthinkable now, seeing as how contested they were back then.

As a resident of Philly, with two native Philadelphian roommates, and with a love of skyscrapers, I can safely say that this building is hideous (even to my roommates), especially for the beauty of the skyline. It would throw what was once one of the most perfect skylines in the world completely out of whack, and introduce largely square, architecturally bland buildings as the new standard for Philadelphia's tallest. IMO, 1 Liberty Place WAS the best tallest for Philly, and the city would be lucky to get another gem such as Liberty Place even today.

You dont sound like a skyscraper lover. Liberty Place is just ok. To me, it always looked like a knock off the Chrysler building. Liberty Place 2 is even worse. Comcast is far more impressive IMO.
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:56 AM   #99
*Sweetkisses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Well, somehow Philly managed to get up a 975-footer.
These are the negadelphians talking. Trust me the funding is there for this project. Lol its funny because the same people were saying the same thing about Comcast but it got built.
Old March 20th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #100
Nike12
BANNED

Likes (Received): 25

wooot more super talls for the good ol' US
Nike12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
1800 arch st., center city, comcast, philadelphia