daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 9th, 2008, 08:46 PM   #161
PhillyGuy85

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyckske Ruben View Post
Thanks for adding my video!!!

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:08 AM   #162
Captain_Skyhawk_22
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

The render looks pretty similar to the Freedom Tower in NY. I think it will look great in Philly's skyline.

Anyone knows the proyected altitiude of the top of roof?
Captain_Skyhawk_22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #163
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

This will not be the world's second tallest tower. That journalist is a moron and should be fired.

Burj Dubai, Taipei 101, ICC, SWFC, Mecca Abraj Al Bait, and 1 WTC are all currently or will be taller than the American Commerce Center.

And there at least a dozen other proposals that are taller than this building as well.
hoosier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 08:59 PM   #164
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6523

2nd tallest skyscraper???
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM   #165
Beware

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
This will not be the world's second tallest tower. That journalist is a moron and should be fired....
It was just a mistake that could be corrected! No reason to fire Anyone over it.
Beware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #166
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 906

it was the usual bad research ...
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #167
Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
Correct!
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #168
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
This will not be the world's second tallest tower. That journalist is a moron and should be fired.

Burj Dubai, Taipei 101, ICC, SWFC, Mecca Abraj Al Bait, and 1 WTC are all currently or will be taller than the American Commerce Center.

And there at least a dozen other proposals that are taller than this building as well.
Agreed, part of a reporter's job is to do research while writing a story. The writer of the story obviously didn't do any research. Even if he had been shortsighted and only researched the United States he would have found that building will be barely in the top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware View Post
It was just a mistake that could be corrected! No reason to fire Anyone over it.
Spoken like a true union worker! Not doing your job is not a bases to be disciplined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
As I stated earlier, even if he had been even minimal research he would have found that this building is barely in the top 10. Reporters are held to a very high standard and mistakes to this degree are NOT acceptable.
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #169
Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Agreed, part of a reporter's job is to do research while writing a story. The writer of the story obviously didn't do any research. Even if he had been shortsighted and only researched the United States he would have found that building will be barely in the top 10.

Spoken like a true union worker! Not doing your job is not a bases to be disciplined.

As I stated earlier, even if he had been even minimal research he would have found that this building is barely in the top 10. Reporters are held to a very high standard and mistakes to this degree are NOT acceptable.
NONSENSE! How do YOU know the author hadn't done any research? The information the author obtained from the source was inaccurate but not criminal. And, what does ANY of this have to do with union membership? Employee disciplining doesn't always require as severe an action as firing someone. I'm certain You've made a mistake on Your job! But, did Your employer fire You because of It? If that occurred in every instance of a mistake No one would be employed, regardless of the profession!

No one died and this (proposed) building's rank hasn't changed! You're, so far, the ONLY person over-reacting to a story of little significance to most people. It's JUST a building! What's with You?
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM   #170
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDleSsWaLtZ View Post
Get rid of the tacky spire and I'm all for the building.
I agree. I think they should raise the tip of the roof to 1500ft and get rid of that wasteful looking spire. Unless they plan to cover it with solar panels or put wind power fans in it, it just makes the building look a bit ridiculous.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #171
Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
I agree. I think they should raise the tip of the roof to 1500ft and get rid of that wasteful looking spire. Unless they plan to cover it with solar panels or put wind power fans in it, it just makes the building look a bit ridiculous.
I'm SO glad to hear Someone else shares that view!
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #172
Captain_Skyhawk_22
BANNED

Quote:
NONSENSE! How do YOU know the author hadn't done any research? The information the author obtained from the source was inaccurate but not criminal. And, what does ANY of this have to do with union membership? Employee disciplining doesn't always require as severe an action as firing someone. I'm certain You've made a mistake on Your job! But, did Your employer fire You because of It? If that occurred in every instance of a mistake No one would be employed, regardless of the profession!

No one died and this (proposed) building's rank hasn't changed! You're, so far, the ONLY person over-reacting to a story of little significance to most people. It's JUST a building! What's with You?
You know I don't really care but that kind of mistake is HUGE! I don't think he did any research.

2nd tallest???

Anyway...
Captain_Skyhawk_22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:56 AM   #173
Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Skyhawk_22 View Post
You know I don't really care but that kind of mistake is HUGE! I don't think he did any research.

2nd tallest???

Anyway...
Apparently, You do care! THAT mistake upset You. Why?
Old April 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #174
fettekatz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Apparently, You do care! THAT mistake upset You. Why?
he's a geek
fettekatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #175
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

2nd tallest?!? It wont be even in the top 10 list. It will probably be 24th tallest.

I made a 3D diagram for sketch up users. 9 of the models are mine the others are by other modelers. There are 8 missing towers. I will add them soon.

the link:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...b2000d2142bc8a

and photo:
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #176
PhillyGuy85

Likes (Received): 10

LMAO Good Lord ya'll it was a mistake!
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #177
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:

It's a reporter's JOB to insure that the information he presents his accurate. It's very obvious the information in this reporter's story was extremely inaccurate. Before computers were used I can understand this type of mistake but within 5 minutes anyone can easily research the height of buildings anywhere in the world. What's with me is the fact that I expect people to do their jobs correctly and not just do something to get by! I expect when somebody provides public information and it's correct and in this case it was far from it.

This reporter didn't do his job any better than an engineer whose design fails and a building collapses.

And for your information the comment regarding unions was because your attitude sounds like that of a union employee. They don't believe they should be held responsible for any mistakes they make.

Just wondering, why are you so defensive? Are you the reporter that wrote the story?

Last edited by Msradell; April 13th, 2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Msradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #178
Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
It's a reporter's JOB to insure that the information he presents his accurate. It's very obvious the information in this reporter's story was extremely inaccurate. Before computers were used I can understand this type of mistake but within 5 minutes anyone can easily research the height of buildings anywhere in the world.

This reporter didn't do his job any better than an engineer whose design fails and a building collapses.

And for your information the comment regarding unions was because your attitude sounds like that of a union employee. They don't believe they should be held responsible for any mistakes they make.

Just wondering, why are you so defensive? Are you the reporter that wrote the story?
There YOU go again, jumping to conclusions! FYI, I'm not the reporter.

Last edited by Beware; April 13th, 2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: to stop further conflict
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #179
Archiconnoisseur

Likes (Received): 3

^ Quit it with the personal attacks. You're starting a flame war that has nothing to do with the thread. People have a right to state their opinions, but attacking an opinion and engaging in ad hominem is trolling.

I suggest that everyone just drop it. If the mods be kind, they'll ban anyone who tries to get a last word in.
Archiconnoisseur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #180
ilovechicago91

Quote:

dont forget the spire!

Tags
1800 arch st., center city, comcast, philadelphia