daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 21st, 2013, 04:30 PM   #21
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Hell, let Swire add a spire!: I made a rhyme!
And for that I'll never tire to admire you, sire.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, QuantumX liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM   #22
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

If the situation would turn out dire, I would never dare to loose my guard and tire

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM   #23
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

LOL Kanto, Our SSC Family Friends, I know its off the subject of this Thread, But
HAPPY 5,000 POSTS !!, And Many More Best ones to come Kanto, of Great Posts into the Future of SSC !!
ChuckScraperMiami#1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #24
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Thanks

Old September 21st, 2013, 09:42 PM   #25
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
Its more of a guess. At 80 floors and with a significant portion being office, though, it seems unlikely that itd be less than 300 meters.
I've been doing some research, and looks like you're right. With the office space, this is going to be a supertall. Since this project is still in the planning stages, more of it could become office space depending on the market, and they can always appeal to the city commission for 5-10 more floors as long as it meets with FAA approval.

With all else that is planned (Banco Santander, Panorama at Brickell, and One Bayfront Plaza), this will fill in the Miami skyline very nicely with a supertall on each side of the Miami River close to the mouth of it.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM   #26
Kanto
Roof height crusader

What's the real estate situation in Miami? Is residential demant as dominant as in NYC over there?

Old September 21st, 2013, 09:51 PM   #27
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
What's the real estate situation in Miami? Is residential demant as dominant as in NYC over there?
It's difficult to say by comparison, but it's very strong here in Miami. We keep hearing about new projects and projects being resurrected from the dead. It's crazy down here!
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old September 21st, 2013, 10:01 PM   #28
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Notice MIA in the very top of this photo. This is why our height limit is 1,010 feet, but it makes for some pretty dramatic arrivals and departures in and out of Miami.

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0766 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old September 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM   #29
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
It's difficult to say by comparison, but it's very strong here in Miami. We keep hearing about new projects and projects being resurrected from the dead. It's crazy down here!
Thanks for the info

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM   #30
mia183rd

Likes (Received): 270

Quote:

Just saw this, its a video that compares, shows the similarities of the two markets Miami, The Magic City and New York City, The Big Apple

Check it out,

http://www.miamiurbanist.com/video-s...state-markets/

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1, QuantumX liked this post

Last edited by mia183rd; September 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 AM.
mia183rd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:36 AM   #31
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia183rd View Post
Just saw this, its a video that compares, shows the similarities of the two markets Miami, The Magic City and New York City, The Big Apple

Check it out,

http://www.miamiurbanist.com/video-s...state-markets/
I'm so glad you joined the Miami forum. It's like my photo contribution isn't enough without me having to dig up all this stuff for the forum.

Quote:
Thanks for the info
You are welcome! Even though Swire hasn't said so, I take it One Brickell CityCentre will be phase 3 of the overall project, so it will be a while before it is completely built out and we see this building. Phase 1 just started to go vertical. That is the condos, hotel, and mall in-between them. Phase 2 is the 634-feet tall office tower depending on the what the market is doing at the time. That tower will go where Eastern National Bank currently is, the beige building in my photo above just beyond Brickell Avenue. That building will be demolished. The One Brickell Citycentre will go on Brickell Avenue just in front of this next to the office tower in the rendering, so this will take some time as the project slowly progresses from Miami Avenue to Brickell Avenue.

My photo threads:

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:38 AM   #32
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Finally we're getting a supertall!

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏

-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:44 AM   #33
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
Finally we're getting a supertall!
Looks like it, but it's still a bit too early to know for sure. Chances are we'll see another supertall before this gets built considering how massive the overall Brickell Citycentre project is. This project makes a decent city skyline all by itself.

My photo threads:

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:56 AM   #34
CalleOchoGringo

Likes (Received): 2651

Four Seasons Miami: 64 Stories - 789 Ft

789/64 = 12.33 Ft/story * 80 stories = 986 Ft

An approximate guess of the height of the new one by Swire.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, QuantumX liked this post

Last edited by CalleOchoGringo; September 22nd, 2013 at 08:13 AM.
CalleOchoGringo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:20 AM   #35
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man

Likes (Received): 121

Well, taking a guess, I come up with 992', = Supertall

Ground thru 5th floor 80'
5 thru 29 office 336' 24f @ 14' per fl
30th floor mech./skylobby 18'
31 thru 61 apt. condo 330' 30f @ 11' per fl
62nd floor mech./skylobby 18'
63 thru 79 or 80 hotel 180' 18f @ 10' per fl
80 to roof mech 30'

QuantumX, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
TICONLA1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM   #36
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Not bad.
Some background:

Brickell CityCentre Buys 700 Brickell, A Massive New $65 Million Front Door

Here's Swire taking the wind out of Tibor Hollo's sails as his own large projects languish on the sidelines. Related, Swire, Genting, suddenly global interests are driving new developments in Miami while the locals struggle to keep up. Buyers are global, now builders are global too.
Well, you certainly got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICONLA1 View Post
Well, taking a guess, I come up with 992', = Supertall

Ground thru 5th floor 80'
5 thru 29 office 336' 24f @ 14' per fl
30th floor mech./skylobby 18'
31 thru 61 apt. condo 330' 30f @ 11' per fl
62nd floor mech./skylobby 18'
63 thru 79 or 80 hotel 180' 18f @ 10' per fl
80 to roof mech 30'
Thanks! That is where I place it too. I'm happy with that considering we'll probably see One Bayfront Plaza at 1,010 feet before we see this one, if Tibor Hollo and sons will just get their act together. It's imperative that they get One Bayfront Plaza up before One Brickell Citycentre if they want it to succeed. They have to get Panorama at Brickell out of the ground first, but Swire still has an office tower to get to before One Brickell CityCentre, so the Hollos have time. Banco Santander had better get their international headquarters out of the ground pretty soon too if they don't want to have to compete with One Brickell Citycentre. It will still be a supertall over 990 and we'll have one on each side of the river.

My photo threads:

Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM   #37
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28164

Looks like a good location for a supertall, between the other towers.

mia183rd, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM   #38
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
I'm so glad you joined the Miami forum. It's like my photo contribution isn't enough without me having to dig up all this stuff for the forum.
You are welcome! Even though Swire hasn't said so, I take it One Brickell CityCentre will be phase 3 of the overall project, so it will be a while before it is completely built out and we see this building. Phase 1 just started to go vertical. That is the condos, hotel, and mall in-between them. Phase 2 is the 634-feet tall office tower depending on the what the market is doing at the time. That tower will go where Eastern National Bank currently is, the beige building in my photo above just beyond Brickell Avenue. That building will be demolished. The One Brickell Citycentre will go on Brickell Avenue just in front of this next to the office tower in the rendering, so this will take some time as the project slowly progresses from Miami Avenue to Brickell Avenue.

Yes !! We're all so glad QuantumX, Our SSC Family Moderator Friend, And Your Right, Even though Swire hasn't said so, The Brickell CityCentre overall Might be a 3 Phase Project, But, IMO, I'm seeing Only in the Newest rendering " One Brickell CityCentre " 80 Floor Tower on one City Block between the MetroMover Station and Brickell Ave. with NO Parking Garage within the Tower itself, with that kind of Tower you need at least a 3, 000 parking garage for the workers only, I say IMO, the Eastern National Bank Tower will be knocked down and Be part of the Mall Connection to the Metromover Station and a Huge parking garage wrapped around the back of the 80 Floor Tower as shown in this latest Rendering, IMO our SSC Family Friends.
ChuckScraperMiami#1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM   #39
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Phase 2 is the 634-feet tall office tower depending on the what the market is doing at the time. That tower will go where Eastern National Bank currently is, the beige building in my photo above just beyond Brickell Avenue. That building will be demolished. The One Brickell Citycentre will go on Brickell Avenue just in front of this next to the office tower in the rendering, so this will take some time as the project slowly progresses from Miami Avenue to Brickell Avenue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckScraperMiami#1 View Post
with NO Parking Garage within the Tower itself, with that kind of Tower you need at least a 3, 000 parking garage for the workers only, I say IMO, the Eastern National Bank Tower will be knocked down and Be part of the Mall Connection to the Metromover Station and a Huge parking garage wrapped around the back of the 80 Floor Tower as shown in this latest Rendering, IMO our SSC Family Friends.
Yes, Chuck! The Metromover will be incorporated into the project once the Eastern National Bank building is demolished and phase 2 (the 634-feet tall office tower is built). We covered all this in the Miami forum while you were away.

My photo threads:

Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:41 PM   #40
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckScraperMiami#1 View Post
Yes !! We're all so glad QuantumX, Our SSC Family Moderator Friend, And Your Right, Even though Swire hasn't said so, The Brickell CityCentre overall Might be a 3 Phase Project, But, IMO, I'm seeing Only in the Newest rendering " One Brickell CityCentre " 80 Floor Tower on one City Block between the MetroMover Station and Brickell Ave. with NO Parking Garage within the Tower itself, with that kind of Tower you need at least a 3, 000 parking garage for the workers only, I say IMO, the Eastern National Bank Tower will be knocked down and Be part of the Mall Connection to the Metromover Station and a Huge parking garage wrapped around the back of the 80 Floor Tower as shown in this latest Rendering, IMO our SSC Family Friends.
Oh, I see what you're saying now Chuck. They will have to forego the 634-feet tall office tower in order to build the parking garage for this in that space where Eastern National Bank is now. That is why we don't see the 634-feet office tower in this current rendering and there is no room for it in the rendering. The parking garage meets the tracks where the Metromover station is now.

My photo threads:

Last edited by QuantumX; September 22nd, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Tags
700 brickell, brickell, miami, one brickell citycentre, swire