daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:37 AM   #41
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Oh, I see what you're saying now Chuck. They will have to forego the 634-feet tall office tower in order to build the parking garage for this in that space where Eastern National Bank is now. That is why we don't see the 634-feet office tower in this current rendering and there is no room for it in the rendering. The parking garage meets the tracks where the Metromover station is now.
More Questions than Answers QuantumX, Our SSC Family Moderator Friend, Steve, So True about the room on that one City Block, there's also going to be a Sales Center in one of the Younger Towers still standing, Which One is Older ? Which Bank Tower leases run out earlier for it to be knocked down, Both Bank Towers are very busy as of the moment, Will One Bank move into the other Tower while Construction of the 80 Floor Tower Starts in 2016 after One of the Bank Towers is finally torn down for the space of The Huge Hole for Construction ? Wow Steve, this thread will be talked about for at least 3 years before we see a Vertical Rise of One Brickell CityCentre !!
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:48 AM   #42
mia183rd

Likes (Received): 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckScraperMiami#1 View Post
More Questions than Answers QuantumX, Our SSC Family Moderator Friend, Steve, So True about the room on that one City Block, there's also going to be a Sales Center in one of the Younger Towers still standing, Which One is Older ? Which Bank Tower leases run out earlier for it to be knocked down, Both Bank Towers are very busy as of the moment, Will One Bank move into the other Tower while Construction of the 80 Floor Tower Starts in 2016 after One of the Bank Towers is finally torn down for the space of The Huge Hole for Construction ? Wow Steve, this thread will be talked about for at least 3 years before we see a Vertical Rise of One Brickell CityCentre !!

Chuck, Northern Trust Bank is moving out at the end of the year and relocating to 600 Brickell at Brickell World Plaza across the street,

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s-600-Brickell

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
mia183rd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:31 AM   #43
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia183rd View Post
Chuck, Northern Trust Bank is moving out at the end of the year and relocating to 600 Brickell at Brickell World Plaza across the street,

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s-600-Brickell
Wow Mia183rd, Our SSC Family Friend, Great news and got the answer to one of my questions, The New Sales Center for the One Brickell Citycentre 80 floor Condo, Office and Hotel Tower will be at the Eastern National Bank Tower sometime Next Year IMO according to Curbed Miami info
I'm guessing the Northern Trust Bank Tower will be torn down First to make room for the preparation of the ground digging later next year or 2015 for sure I hope.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:59 AM   #44
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

Nice shape, nice design!

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:48 AM   #45
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

In the photo of mine below the rendering, our new 80-story presumed supertall will go just to the right of the text. The Swire logo is facing SW 8th Street in the rendering, which is along the Brickell Citicentre text in my photo, with Brickell Avenue to the right in the rendering. Brickell Citicentre is how the project was originally spelled.

image hosted on flickr

one-brickell-citycentre_600 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

6097423319_d8105a9a8d_o by QuantumX, on Flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #46
dres0ne

Likes (Received): 26

It's been a while since I've commented on anything. I saw this post this morning and got a little excited to see the renderings. Nice building! Miami's skyline needs a slick 300m+ like this one. I've been hoping for the longest time Met3 would be build to one of the original designs. NO DICE! Now I have something new to look forward to.

dres0ne está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #47
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dres0ne View Post
Now I have something new to look forward to.
You certainly do have something to look forward to. Swire is a very powerful international development company that can pretty much build whatever it wants wherever it wants. I have no doubt that we will see construction on this in 2015 after Swire completes phase 1 currently under construction.

I have calls and emails in to both Swire and Arquitectonica regarding the height in feet or meters to assure that this is indeed a supertall, but nothing yet. I'll be going down to Brickell later today to get some enlargements framed and I will walk over to Swire while I'm in the process of waiting for the framing to see if I can't nail this down.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1, dres0ne liked this post
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #48
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
You certainly do have something to look forward to. Swire is a very powerful international development company that can pretty much build whatever it wants wherever it wants. I have no doubt that we will see construction on this in 2015 after Swire completes phase 1 currently under construction.

I have calls and emails in to both Swire and Arquitectonica regarding the height in feet or meters to assure that this is indeed a supertall, but nothing yet. I'll be going down to Brickell later today to get some enlargements framed and I will walk over to Swire while I'm in the process of waiting for the framing to see if I can't nail this down.
Your Right QuantumX, Our SSC Family Moderator and Friend, There will be digging and drilling by the end of 2015, IMO The Swire group, I believe Owns Most of Brickell Key, Old Claughton Island, spelling is wrong, But the whole Island Key was a Dredged Dirt Landfill Island from the channels around it some 80 years ago.
Steve , Please if you could Posts some of your Great pictures of Brickell Key to Show everyone here on this important Thread what the Swire Group has already Built Almost the Whole Island Key was built and owned by Swire.
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #49
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Your Right QuantumX, Our SSC Family Moderator and Friend, There will be digging and drilling by the end of 2015, IMO The Swire group, I believe Owns Most of Brickell Key, Old Claughton Island, spelling is wrong, But the whole Island Key was a Dredged Dirt Landfill Island from the channels around it some 80 years ago.
Steve , Please if you could Posts some of your Great pictures of Brickell Key to Show everyone here on this important Thread what the Swire Group has already Built Almost the Whole Island Key was built and owned by Swire.
Chuck, give a little time to dig up the best photos of Brickell Key. Have to step out now.

Anyway, I haven't heard anything from Arquitectonica yet, but I did manage to talk to somebody from Swire. They don't know how tall the building is going to be in feet yet because it is still in the early stages of planning. I did make the suggestion that making it a supertall would increase the city's stature in the world and that they should add an observation deck. So again we wait to see what we're going to get.

Depending on what the market is doing by the time they are ready to start construction, more of those 80 stories could turn into office space, so we have to wait.

My photo threads:

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old September 25th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #50
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Brickell Key: The Island that Swire built!

Brickell Key is where Swire is headquartered in Miami and this urban island was completely developed by them. You can see a piece of it above and in these photos below, you can barely see the One Brickell CityCentre site off to the extreme left. This being an 80-story mixed-use building, I think Archaean is right! This is a supertall in the making!

image hosted on flickr

CSC_1069 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0496 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old September 25th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #51
miami305

Location: Today: Miami, Florida..moving back to Europe (Paris) in the future.
Likes (Received): 988

Is this an old glass building or does it have balconies from the middle up?

miami305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #52
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10278

Quote:
I just wanted to say your posts put a smile on my face, our SSC Family Friend and Feel Good Forumer Chuck

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Kanto liked this post
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #53
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami305 View Post
Is this an old glass building or does it have balconies from the middle up?
Looks as though the offices have a glass curtain wall while balconies start beyond there. For the time being, this rendering is all we have to go on.

My photo threads:

Old September 25th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #54
URBAN BEAUTY

Yes! That little house has to go!!!!!

URBAN BEAUTY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #55
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN BEAUTY View Post
Yes! That little house has to go!!!!!
What little house are you referring to, the one on the property Swire has acquired that has been already demolished?

My photo threads:

Old September 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #56
mia183rd

Likes (Received): 270

"Swire Reveals Plans for Miami's Tallest Tower"

http://www.worldpropertychannel.com/...tower-7386.php

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Kanto, QuantumX liked this post
mia183rd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #57
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

The highest number of floors Swire has ever built to has been 72 and the tallest height they've ever built to has been 298m or 978 ft. Do you think they are going to build an 80-story building in Miami and stop at 978 feet or just 298m when they've never built taller than that before? I don't think so!

My photo threads:

Old September 29th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #58
Philly Bud
City Of Brotherly Love

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
And for that I'll never tire to admire you, sire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
If the situation would turn out dire, I would never dare to loose my guard and tire
In this shire, you'll get stuck in the muck and mire if you're a liar ...

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Philly Bud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #59
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Bud View Post
In this shire, you'll get stuck in the muck and mire if you're a liar ...
I've created a monster!

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, pteranodon liked this post
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #60
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalleOchoGringo View Post
What if OBCC were exactly 1000 feet tall...

Looking again at those I think Google cut off the top of the Four seasons because it should be almost the same height as the Wachovia Financial tower. But at least you have that for reference.

My photo threads:

Tags
700 brickell, brickell, miami, one brickell citycentre, swire