daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #81
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Awesome fact: This building will be the tallest building in the US that is not in NYC or Chicago

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #82
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
The thing is we don't know if the FAA will approve it at this height. This is over 100 feet beyond the current height limit for the site. Given the powerful development company that Swire is, they just might have the money and the clout to pull this off. One argument I think works in their favor is the fact since this building will be near the Miami River and closer to the core of downtown Miami rather than on the fringes of it, it is more between the cross hairs of MIA runways and flight paths and so more height could be allowed there as opposed to farther south on Brickell Avenue where it would be more directly in line with an MIA runway.
Swire owns Cathay Pacific Airlines so maybe they can bring that particular expertise into any height discussion...

mia183rd, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #83
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Swire owns Cathay Pacific Airlines so maybe they can bring that particular expertise into any height discussion...
Darn it! You beat me to it! Anyway, I was going to say that Swire certainly has the clout and the money to hire the lawyers and aviation experts to take the FAA to task on this, and here is the argument I certainly would use.

In my photo below, from our current tallest the Four Seasons on the left, and extending all the way to the right edge of the photo, indicates where in the Miami skyline, close to the waterfront, buildings up to 1,010 feet are allowed. That is because this part of the Miami skyline falls directly between the crosshairs of MIA runways and landing approaches. One Brickell CityCentre falls right in the middle of this part of the Miami skyline just to the right of the small island and thus directly between the crosshairs, so why hold One Brickell CityCentre to the same height restrictions as buildings on the fringes of the zone for the 1,010 feet height limit?

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0645 by QuantumX, on Flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Manitopiaaa liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #84
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

It's just mindboggling that after all the development in Miami, the FAA still thinks their antiquated height restrictions make any sense at all!

desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #85
Hia-leah JDM

Likes (Received): 11304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Awesome fact: This building will be the tallest building in the US that is not in NYC or Chicago
This would be pretty sweet for Miami, it was practically out of the height game.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Kanto liked this post
Hia-leah JDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #86
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
It's just mindboggling that after all the development in Miami, the FAA still thinks their antiquated height restrictions make any sense at all!
I know! Come into the 21st century for God's sake!

Anyway, in this photo, you can not only see the site for One Brickell CityCentre in the foreground, but you can actually see MIA with the runways I'm talking about in the far ground. You can see that One Brickell CityCentre is going to fall right smack in the middle of this big "V" shape.

image hosted on flickr

CSC_0766 by QuantumX, on Flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, FLZ liked this post
Old November 6th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #87
mia183rd

Likes (Received): 270

This is great for Miami being its 1st Super Tall. This is great for Swire being its 1st tower over 1,000'ft better yet over 1,100'ft.

This is also a perfect height of 1,102'ft which will make it the 3rd tallest building outside NYC and CHI perfectly fitting that we are 3rd behind NYC 1 and CHI 2 for best skyline in the U.S.

I think Swire is a real as it gets and they play the game right not just jamming the country or the worlds tallest building here but taking 3rd tallest out of those two great, tall, and older cities.

Truly remarkable, great job Swire!

mia183rd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #88
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia183rd View Post
This is great for Miami being its 1st Super Tall. This is great for Swire being its 1st tower over 1,000'ft better yet over 1,100'ft.

This is also a perfect height of 1,102'ft which will make it the 3rd tallest building outside NYC and CHI perfectly fitting that we are 3rd behind NYC 1 and CHI 2 for best skyline in the U.S.

I think Swire is a real as it gets and they play the game right not just jamming the country or the worlds tallest building here but taking 3rd tallest out of those two great, tall, and older cities.

Truly remarkable, great job Swire!
You seem so confident that Swire can pull this off that it's a given. I'm not quite that confident, but I think they can pull it off. They certainly have a case for going higher in that location.

My photo threads:

Old November 6th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #89
mia183rd

Quote:
You seem so confident that Swire can pull this off that it's a given. I'm not quite that confident, but I think they can pull it off. They certainly have a case for going higher in that location.

Q, if there's anyone to trust it's Swire, true class act

ChuckScraperMiami#1, QuantumX liked this post
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #90
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Where are our photoshop people? Google took away all the free photoshopping on the photo-sharing websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
Its right between the runways, not directly in the path of any. We'll see i guess.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miamiflyme/2948516828/
image hosted on flickr

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Kanto liked this post
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #91
FLZ

Likes (Received): 119

All I can say is

I can't tell, is it going to be on Brickell Av?

Last edited by FLZ; November 6th, 2013 at 11:00 PM.
FLZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #92
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLZ View Post
All I can say is

I can't tell, is it going to be on Brickell Av?

The address is 700 Brickell Avenue!

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, FLZ liked this post
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #93
FLZ

Likes (Received): 119

The location is perfect.

FLZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #94
UrbanImpact

Likes (Received): 1539

I can't wait to watch this beauty rise!

UrbanImpact no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #95
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

What would be the penalty for defying the FAA in this case? -V- We certainly could not build it in the rectangle at top here, because that's directly in line with MIA runways as indicated in the aerial photo of MIA above. But what would be the penalty for defying the FAA in this case for where the building is planned?
image hosted on flickr

65404045xl8 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old November 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #96
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

CTBUH news: http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...n-US/view.aspx

Quote:
One Brickell CityCentre Height Announced
Miami, United States – November 06, 2013

Swire Properties has revealed the height of its latest proposed skyscraper project, One Brickell CityCentre. The building is slated to be built to the height of 1,102 feet (336 meters) , which would make the building taller than The Chrysler Building, and easily the tallest building in Miami.

The current tallest building in Miami is the 789-foot (240-meter) Four Seasons Hotel & Tower, which One Brickell would surpass by 313 feet (96 meters).

If it were completed today, One Brickell would also be the seventh-tallest building in the United States. However, it is likely to be closer to 15th place on that list by the time it is actually completed.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #97
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

I keep reading about the height of this tower as if it's a given already that the FAA will approve it when this will be well above our current height limit of 1,010 feet. Maybe Swire Properties and its legal team and aviation experts have already negotiated and settled with the FAA over this and the approval process is just a formality.

My photo threads:

Old November 8th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #98
mia183rd

Quote:
I keep reading about the height of this tower as if it's a given already that the FAA will approve it when this will be well above our current height limit of 1,010 feet. Maybe Swire Properties and its legal team and aviation experts have already negotiated and settled with the FAA over this and the approval process is just a formality.

In Swire we trust!

Old November 8th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #99
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Wow that's really awesome

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏

QuantumX, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #100
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
Wow that's really awesome
This will clear the way for One Bayfront Plaza to go taller as well because it is even closer to the mouth of the Miami River, which is in the middle of the 1,010 height restriction zone as indicated by the map above.

My photo threads:

Tags
700 brickell, brickell, miami, one brickell citycentre, swire