SkyscraperCity Forum banner

DUBAI | Business Bay Towers | 365m x 2 | 1198ft x 2 | On Hold

33K views 82 replies 29 participants last post by  SA BOY 
#1 ·
Boost for Business Bay as Master Developer DPG Reveals Plans for Iconic Business Bay Towers

This announcement comes as part of a strategic plan to expand its centrally located business district with what the master developer has called Business Bay’s ‘next iconic landmark’.

The luxurious, mixed used development will consist of two twin towers soaring an impressive 365 meters into the Dubai sky. One of the buildings will consist of a five star hotel as well as 377 serviced apartments whilst the other building will include 471 apartments, lofts and penthouses. In addition to its unique avant-garde façade which complements the project’s modern architecture, a retail arcade of 140,000 sq ft will link the twin towers across a stunning pedestrian bridge over Al Khaleej Al Tejari Street 1.

Source: http://english.forbesmiddleeast.com/read.php?story=1420

The model.

Source: http://www.thenational.ae/in-pictures-cityscape-2013#image-3

See less See more
#36 ·
The pyramid is part of the larger masterplan called Falcon City of Wonders. There are three pyramids planned there - small, medium and the one on the picture above, the largest, called Dubai Grand Pyramid. They say it's the tallest pyramid ever and according to emporis it's 140m tall.

The ferris wheel is called Dubai Eye and it's going to be 210m tall making it 1.5 times the height of London Eye.

Both projects don't have threads in skyscraper section yet.

#38 ·
It is a major event. I guess it's better they were exhibited than if they haven't.

#39 ·
falconcity of wonders has a lot of crazy stuff going on, even a little wall of china to jog on around the park and pretty much every wonder of the world in a modernized version. eiffel tower with glass, a venice like area with the dondels and stuff. it is already years ago when i read about it, i think it was still in the two years or so before i joined and only was lurking this forum and reading, but i looked at all the maps they had and stuff. the whole development will look like a falcon from above and i think the pyramid was the eye of that falcon even. this project is so unreal and amazing, one of the best development concepts i had seen in dubai, even world wide, just love it. the website features a lot of stuff to look at since the project seems to not be dead yet, although it looked like it was dead for a few years. there is also a thread for it. reading about this projct really brings back memories :D

#49 ·
Lets see... So in future, Dubai will have 24 supertalls?(including Burj 2020)
Of course, many new supertalls will be announced, but I include only already announced supertalls or U/C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.