daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Hrvatski Forum > Croatia > Zagreb > Završeni projekti

Closed Thread

Old January 7th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #1
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Likes (Received): 23

ZAGREB – construction update III

Well, I think it is time for Zagreb update III.

Zagreb update I
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=76954

Zagreb update II
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=157460

For the mods: please move Zagreb update II to archiv!
long foot no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old January 7th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #2
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Pics of Maksimir stadium. Reconstruction started in 1998. Until now they spent 50 million €, but only one grandstand was finished. It will take another 50 million € to complete reconstruction. In 2005. they will spend 16 million kunas = 2,2 million €.

North-east:

North side, Maksimirska street:

North-west side:

West side:

Old January 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #3
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Pics of The Regent hotel (former Esplanade) after reconstruction. We alredy posted some of these pics, but some of them are unseen. Austrian owners invested 15 million € in reconstruction.

Old January 7th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #4
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

2/3 of International hotel on the intersection Vukovarska/Miramarska was knocked down. They are building new International business center on that location:

Before it was knocked down:

Project:

Works:

Old January 8th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #5
PyRoMaNiAc

Likes (Received): 1

Maskimir stadium is going to look great, even if too much money was spent on it. However, all the money will be worth it if Croatia ever wins a bid to host an international soccer tournament. Great pictures Longfoot.
PyRoMaNiAc no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #6
MIMICA

Likes (Received): 0

Awsome pictures, but the thing I don't like, or mabye it just seems it to me, that all the new buildings are blue glass...It looks nice when there is a good variaty...Blue glass everywhere isn't that good! BTW, nice pictures!
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:19 AM   #7
AstroBoy

Likes (Received): 2

Part III - Thats great news!

BTW - Excellent pictures as always Long Foot. Maximir Stadium looks excellent. I'd rather one great looking stadium than a few shitty ones. Its worth the money they are spending on it IMO.
AstroBoy no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:24 AM   #8
AstroBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimurTaljanovic
Awsome pictures, but the thing I don't like, or mabye it just seems it to me, that all the new buildings are blue glass...It looks nice when there is a good variaty...Blue glass everywhere isn't that good! BTW, nice pictures!
Usually glass is either blue, green, or mirrored. Zagreb has a mixture of these three types. Latest trends are a more clearer glass and I think this will be experimented on a couple of new Zagreb highrises in the months ahead.

Esplanade Hotel - Shere opulance! Fantastic 5 star hotel which I cant blame them calling 6 stars!

Hotel Internacional - Will look great with the extensions that include new office tower.

Excellent stuff Long Foot!
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:30 AM   #9
AstroBoy

We'll have to do a summary of all Zagreb construction projects as a recap.
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:31 AM   #10
MIMICA

Blue glass looks really cool, I'm just alittle afraid that it's a trend for this decade! That would suck if the trend is gone in 5 years, and Zagreb looks like a miror!
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:35 AM   #11
AstroBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimurTaljanovic
Blue glass looks really cool, I'm just alittle afraid that it's a trend for this decade! That would suck if the trend is gone in 5 years, and Zagreb looks like a miror!
At least its not brown or orange reflective glass which they used in the 60s and 70s LOL

Like this 17 level high rise horror in Zagreb, the "Vjesnik Tower" which Long Foot recently took a picture of. This tower was announced last month as getting a complete make over soon with more additional office space being added to it:

Old January 8th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #12
MIMICA

Well yes...That is my exact point. The way you say atleast it doesn't look better than the style in the 70's. What makes it any different in the future for blue glass? You see? Anyway's...I must admitt though, the old orange and brown thing looks like complete crap!
MIMICA no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #13
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Oh, I like Vjesnik. It is very... elegant, even it was constructed 40 years ago. All Zagreb towers except "Neboder" are OK, but my favourite is Chromos. However, I think we need one taller scyscraper, let's say 50 stores. Maybe Horvatinčić should ask permission for something like that and I am sure he would get it. I mean, there is no chance to get permission for 100 stores tower.
Old January 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #14
AstroBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by long foot
Oh, I like Vjesnik. It is very... elegant, even it was constructed 40 years ago. All Zagreb towers except "Neboder" are OK, but my favourite is Chromos. However, I think we need one taller scyscraper, let's say 50 stores. Maybe Horvatinčić should ask permission for something like that and I am sure he would get it. I mean, there is no chance to get permission for 100 stores tower.
Vjesnik needs a tidy up so hopefully the new look will improve it. My guess it will get heritage protected like "Neboder" therefore it appearance will stay similar.

I agree that what Zagreb needs is one large "signature" skyscraper that rises above the rest and I think its coming!

We dont need something like 100 stories which was announced last year, however I think a smart looking 150-200 metre tower would do the trick nicely and I think thats what Tomislav Horvatincic will propose next. It seems he has a card up his sleeve for Zagreb.

Anyway, soon it will be the turn of the highrise residential skyscrapers.
Old January 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #15
AstroBoy

Zagreb Fair is the worlds 11th largest exhibition complex with over 100 years in history.

It is now gearing up for a 300 million Euro development which includes more exhibition halls that will include office space/shopping complex/cinemas/recreational facilities that will make it one of the biggest and most important projects for the city of Zagreb.

The new project will be a joint venture with private enterprise and the city of Zagreb which operate the Zagreb Fair (Zagrebacki Velesajam).

The project announced last year has drawn much interest from local and international developers which is turn has started the ball rolling. The project is expected to be built in stages over a 5 year period after a succesful tender has been announced.

Total size of land is 70,000 square metres which is an existing carpark, currently opposite the new Museum of Contemporary Art which is now under construction.

Therefore this project will be huge.

This follows the recent annoucement that the long awaited "Zagreb Shopping City" project will now begin full steam ahead in the next several months after some planning issues caused delays.

Article in Croatian from todays Vecernji List:

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...85508/index.do
Old January 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #16
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Today I took some more pics of my favourite Zagreb construction - Hypo center in Slavonska and I didn't have any problem with the sun

From intersection Slavonska/Hrvatske bratske zajednice road:

A little bit closer:

North-east side of buildong:

North side:

Old January 8th, 2005, 03:26 PM   #17
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 8147

Is Slavonska located in New Zagreb?

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #18
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Center of Zagreb is also big construction site. Many old buildings are being reconstructed.

Corner of Frankopanska & Dalmatinska:

Upper Town Gimnasium (Gornjogradska gimnazija) on Strossmayer promenade is under reconstruction:

Josip Langs's square was reconstructed last year. New underground garage with 305 parking places and new gas station were constructed:

Kaptol square was reconstructed few months ago:

And that is all from me this week. I need new batteries for my camera

If I get lucky with weather, next weekend I will take pics from one very important Zagreb construction site.
Old January 8th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #19
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum
Is Slavonska located in New Zagreb?
No, it isn't. It is city highway, east-west direction, northern red line on this pic:
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #20
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy
Zagreb Fair is the worlds 11th largest exhibition complex with over 100 years in history.

It is now gearing up for a 300 million Euro development which includes more exhibition halls that will include office space/shopping complex/cinemas/recreational facilities that will make it one of the biggest and most important projects for the city of Zagreb.

The new project will be a joint venture with private enterprise and the city of Zagreb which operate the Zagreb Fair (Zagrebacki Velesajam).

The project announced last year has drawn much interest from local and international developers which is turn has started the ball rolling. The project is expected to be built in stages over a 5 year period after a succesful tender has been announced.

Total size of land is 70,000 square metres which is an existing carpark, currently opposite the new Museum of Contemporary Art which is now under construction.

Therefore this project will be huge.

This follows the recent annoucement that the long awaited "Zagreb Shopping City" project will now begin full steam ahead in the next several months after some planning issues caused delays.

Article in Croatian from todays Vecernji List:

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...85508/index.do

I hope they will choose some atractive design for that business center, like „Zlote Terasy“ in Warszaw. But, Jesus, 300 million € is a lot of money! It should be really LARGE!!!

This building will be constructed next to Ina head-office. On the other side of avenue new Museum in U/C, and on the other side on intersection Av. Dubrovnik and Av. Većeslava Holjevca GTC shopping center will be built. I am glad to see that main intersection in New Zagreb will be completely changed in next few years.

And this is all in my neighbourhood in New Zagreb

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: