daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards | 300m | 985ft | 58 fl | Demo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The design is constantly evolving. The last iterations can be seen below:

As the Hudson Yards development evolves, a new 1,000 ft+ tower at the 2 Hudson Boulevard site now called 50 Hudson Yards has been revealed:

Revealed: 50 and 55 Hudson Yards

50 HY at left

Quote:
Related has new renderings up at Time Warner Center depicting The Hudson Yards, and in addition to dramatic changes for the Equinox Tower, a model depicting 50 and 55 Hudson Yards has been revealed. As YIMBY reported in early October, Related has expanded their presence in the neighborhood dramatically, acquiring the entire block to the north of the railyards. The two new buildings increase the site’s scope by nearly 4 million square feet.

...55 Hudson Yards will still stand a similar height to the Coach Tower, which will be approximately 900 feet tall. 55 Hudson Yards will be joined by 50 Hudson Yards, aka ‘The McDonalds Drive-Thru Tower,’ which is another major addition to Related’s assemblage. That building will crack the 1,000 foot mark, and appears slightly shorter than the Hudson Yards North Tower.

More renders and details as they emerge...

===============================================================================================

Previously:

Related to Start Work on Hudson Yards Platform in January (1)
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-10-17/related-to-start-work-on-hudson-yards-rail-platform-in-january[/URL]

Quote:
On the opposite side of Hudson Boulevard, Related plans to build a 62-story skyscraper on the site of Coach’s current headquarters at 504-522 West 34th St. The company needs to acquire adjacent parcels before starting that building.

The two sites straddle a park being built by the city that will split the block between 10th and 11th avenues in two. Hudson Boulevard will become “the Park Avenue of the West Side,” Cross said
Projected completion date for the Entire Eastern Half of the HY Development, including the Boulevard Portion.

Quote:
The eastern half of the Hudson Yards development, totaling 10 million square feet, probably will be completed by 2018

hunser, TowerVerre:), Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by desertpunk; January 11th, 2016 at 09:09 PM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Vertical_Gotham

This site potentially can have a total of 3 m sq ft for development by transferring the unused development rights from One Hudson Blvd.
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #3
Rey73

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
This site potentially can have a total of 3 m sq ft for development by transferring the unused development rights from One Hudson Blvd.
Yes, but it seems that Related doesn't transfer any rights from One Hudson Blvd on this site. We will have another GiraSole tower. Farewell to the idea of the 500m tower.
Rey73 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #4
LastConformist

Likes (Received): 119

62 floors is far from necessarily being a supertall. In fact, there are only a handful of supertalls existing or under construction that have as few as 62 floors. This is probably not a supertall at all as proposed.

Subsequence liked this post
LastConformist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #5
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

These are very preliminary plans. Anyway, Coach is 905' and it's less than 50 stories.

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #6
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

I don't think the 62 stories is if they have the full 3 million square feet. It would be very fat.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #7
Vertical_Gotham

Yea I Agee! This is the first time I created a thread & I have no idea how it ended up being under super tall. Lol

Maybe one if the mods can change it to high rise proposed..

I will say this, even if rights are not transferred from 1 Hudson Blvd, this site currently has 2.3 m sq ft.

All depends if this will be a mix use with residential component, it can be super tall with high ceilings w/ low floor count.

With the purchase of the McDonalds lot, this site will certainly have a very large foot print so I dunno how this will play out.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #8
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

/begin rant

It would be such a waste if the HY North Tower (408m/1337ft) ends up tallest. I mean the BIGGEST (skyscraper) development in America surely deserves a signature tower. I'm tired of the "average" supertall height in New York (I know, I'm spoiled). With all those supertall proposals popping up (7 400m+ towers!!) it's really time for someone to make a bold statement and propose a 500m+ über. Barnett had the chance (to be honest I'm more concerned about the design over there), and blew it.

New York city has developed from a 500 to a 700 to a 1000 and now to a 1300ft plateau. We need a singature tower!

/end rant

Last edited by hunser; October 18th, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #9
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Sherwoods' 2.5m sf site sits just north of McD's. Who knows what's in store there.

Anyway, it is far too early to speculate about the McD's site. I wonder if Related is in negotiations with huge tenants for that site. It appears to have lured at least 1 huge law firm (probably White & Case) to Extell's old site.

NewsCorp is the next big fish, as it will seek over 1m sf.

Old October 18th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #10
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Yea I Agee! This is the first time I created a thread & I have no idea how it ended up being under super tall. Lol

Maybe one if the mods can change it to high rise proposed..

I will say this, even if rights are not transferred from 1 Hudson Blvd, this site currently has 2.3 m sq ft.

All depends if this will be a mix use with residential component, it can be super tall with high ceilings w/ low floor count.

With the purchase of the McDonalds lot, this site will certainly have a very large foot print so I dunno how this will play out.
62 floors of office in NYC can easily be a supertall. The BOA tower is only 54 floors and 1,200 ft. (with cheater spire! ). Even a residential in NYC can go supertall at 62 floors as long as it's luxury condos, not rentals. Let's see where this one leads.

Vertical_Gotham, Subsequence liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #11
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Sherwoods' 2.5m sf site sits just north of McD's. Who knows what's in store there. Anyway, it is far too early to speculate about the McD's site. I wonder if Related is in negotiations with huge tenants for that site. It appears to have lured at least 1 huge law firm (probably White & Case) to Extell's old site. NewsCorp is the next big fish, as it will seek over 1m sf.
Agreed about news corp. They have a lot of companies they have under their umbrella as well and a chance to have all of them under 1 roof. It's possible they will require a lot more sf & only Ross can give them a great deal.

Old October 18th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #12
babybackribs2314

Likes (Received): 545

The 62-floor figure is definitely preliminary. The tower will probably have a custom configuration for the as-yet-unknown anchor tenant, and leasing is a long ways off; I doubt work begins here before the first phase of the Hudson Yards is finished.

When construction does begin, I would bet on the McDonald's Tower becoming the tallest in the neighborhood.

& follow YIMBY on Twitter! New York YIMBY Twitter

babybackribs2314 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #13
RobertWalpole
BANNED

I agree with you, amigo.

Old October 18th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #14
RobertWalpole
BANNED

If these schematics show how the space will be used, then the McD's site actually could be in the 1,000 to 1,250 foot range. It appears that the entire block will be occupied by a structure with a tower rising above it. That large structure could be a trading floor (Citi?), television studios (NewsCorp/Fox ?), or another massive retail component, which is where Related claims to seek revenue, together with residential. It, as it now appears, this area will grow very rapidly, the 750knof retail planned won't be enough to serve this area.

TowerVerre:), Subsequence liked this post

Last edited by RobertWalpole; October 19th, 2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #15
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
/begin rant

It would be such a waste if the HY North Tower (408m/1337ft) ends up tallest. I mean the BIGGEST (skyscraper) development in America surely deserves a signature tower. I'm tired of the "average" supertall height in New York (I know, I'm spoiled). With all those supertall proposals popping up (7 400m+ towers!!) it's really time for someone to make a bold statement and propose a 500m+ über. Barnett had the chance (to be honest I'm more concerned about the design over there), and blew it.

New York city has developed from a 500 to a 700 to a 1000 and now to a 1300ft plateau. We need a singature tower!

/end rant
Please not that discussion again.
There isn't even 1 tower standing in HY yet.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #16
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

I can´t believe the sheer amount of possible supertalls currently in the pipelines for New York City. It´s like a dream came true. The skyline is finally going to use it´s bold and full potential it has.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
germantower está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #17
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
If these schematics show how the space will be used, then the McD's site actually could be in the 1,000 to 1,250 foot range. It appears that the entire block will be occupied by a structure with a tower rising above it. That large structure could be a trading floor (Citi?), television studios (NewsCorp/Fox ?), or another massive retail component, which is where Related claims to seek revenue, together with residential. It, as it now appears, this area will grow very rapidly, the 750knof retail planned won't be enough to serve this area.
Can't see the schematics

Old October 18th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #18
Vertical_Gotham

1 Chase Manhattan sold to a Chinese investor! Maybe Chase to the Yards for this tower?

Funkyskunk2 liked this post
Old October 19th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #19
RobertWalpole
BANNED

If Related is in talks with an anchor tenant for this tower, I'm going to pop a serious

L.A.F.2., TowerVerre:), Subsequence liked this post
Old October 19th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #20
ophizer

Likes (Received): 132

i realize size matters when it comes to boners but does yours have to be so large??

next time, can we just do the "tip"
ophizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 hudson boulevard, 50 hudson yards, 504 west 34th street, hudson yards, new york, nyc