daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2005, 05:10 AM   #61
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Thanks for posting the rendering Butler! As promised, I held up my end of the bargain and put together a quick comparison shot. I think what you're seeing as increased height might actually be the result of two changes at the top (at least as I perceive them).

1) The angle at which the crown extends out of the liveable space seems to have been made more severe

2) One of the masses (to the right of the center, columnar, mass) seems to have been eliminated.

I think it's a combination of these two changes (with, perhaps, a third - the reduction of scale on the crown's horizontal banding) that have produced the illusion of increased height. Of course, this is all merely speculation as I'm not about to start counting floors on this bohemoth

geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:13 AM   #62
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

As a follow-up, I'd like to note that I think these small changes have already made big leaps toward a more refined appearance. I remember noting, when we first saw the renderings, that I thought the structure was a bit bloated. I think these minor fixes have gone a long way to thin out the building and I look forward to a few more tweaks before they break ground on this one.
geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #63
Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Likes (Received): 1296

^ i am in complete agreement geoff. the top in the new rendering is much improved.
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:55 AM   #64
oshkeoto

This building is still way too awkward. I'd like to see a fairly major redesign to give it some sort of coherence.
oshkeoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 02:33 AM   #65
richardsonhomebuyers

Likes (Received): 1

Just wanted to ad a little update. Looking at the blueprints today, they call for the height to be 735'.
richardsonhomebuyers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:31 AM   #66
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsonhomebuyers
Just wanted to ad a little update. Looking at the blueprints today, they call for the height to be 735'.
GOD-DAMNNNNN..........

Uh...I just busted.

I'm going to have to have a little chat with Tim Desmond.

Thank you so very much for this information.

Last edited by BVictor1; July 12th, 2005 at 04:39 AM.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:45 AM   #67
richardsonhomebuyers

Just don't provide my name when you mention this. I work for a repro company and am not to sure if I'm suppose to be sharing what I see.
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #68
Chi_Coruscant

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Whoa! Cheerio, mates!
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #69
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Quote:
Just don't provide my name when you mention this. I work for a repro company and am not to sure if I'm suppose to be sharing what I see.

Anonomyous source my man----

I would never give a name, because I don't want anyone to get in trouble. Also, thanks for letting us know what relationship you have to the project. I'm sure that the heights will be changed on emporis once one of the members sees the blue-prints, and I am going to see if I can get an appointment to see Mr. Desmond of Enterprise Development. I also want to get information on the 32 story building that will be built on 14th and Michigan.
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM   #70
chicagogeorge

Likes (Received): 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
Anonomyous source my man----

I would never give a name, because I don't want anyone to get in trouble. Also, thanks for letting us know what relationship you have to the project. I'm sure that the heights will be changed on emporis once one of the members sees the blue-prints, and I am going to see if I can get an appointment to see Mr. Desmond of Enterprise Development. I also want to get information on the 32 story building that will be built on 14th and Michigan.
735' is spectacular news man!
When is One Museum park supposed to break ground?

Also, 14th and Michigan is 2 blocks south of where I bought a unit. I'm at 1250 S. Michigan- Michicagn Ave. Towers. BVictor1, I think you are refering to Michigan Ave. Towers 2 that is I believe going to be 32 stories. If you are refering to that bulding, it is being developed by Franklin and Giles, and according to a source that I have in that company, they have already sold over 50%.

for the Pelasgians, too, were a Greek nation originally from the Peloponnesus
The Roman Antiquities of Dionysius of Halicarnassus
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...assus/1B*.html

Macedonia, of course, is a part of Greece". Strabo, VII, Frg. 9
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...ragments*.html

But north of the gulf, the first inhabitants are Greeks called Epirotes....
Procopius
http://books.google.com/books?id=9m6...page&q&f=false
chicagogeorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #71
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge
735' is spectacular news man!
When is One Museum park supposed to break ground?

Also, 14th and Michigan is 2 blocks south of where I bought a unit. I'm at 1250 S. Michigan- Michicagn Ave. Towers. BVictor1, I think you are refering to Michigan Ave. Towers 2 that is I believe going to be 32 stories. If you are refering to that bulding, it is being developed by Franklin and Giles, and according to a source that I have in that company, they have already sold over 50%.
No, I'm not thinking of Michigan Avenue Tower 2. That building will go on the west sidof the street. The building I am talking about is planned for the east side of the street. The building I'm taking about will be at 1337-1355 South Michigan, which is on the east side.

This was posted by Jaroslaw in the SSP forum, look at the building in the bottom left corner of the rendering, and compare it to the picture.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroslaw
In today's Tribune (it was lying around at a cafe), there is a neat drawing of Central Station, with a new building apparently planned to the S of Lofts II (bottom left corner):

A couple of neat buildings there now:

Edit: ss.com has it listed as 1337-1355 South Michigan Avenue, 32F, proposed.
Old July 14th, 2005, 04:05 AM   #72
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

I stopped by the sales center today at Museum Park, and I was told that the height of the tower will be 720'. The person that I spoke with works for Enterprise Companies, which is the developer, and he called Pappageorge/Hames on the speaker phone, and talked with the architect directly. The architect said the tower is 720'. I asked him over the speaker phone if that height figure includes the crown, and he said that it's the very, very top of the building.

I have the gentlemans card from the Enterprise Company, and I asked him if it would be okay to look at the blueprints to get the acurate floor count and heights, and he said sure, but in about 3 weeks, because things are still being tweaked.

I asked him when construction was going to begin, and he said early October.
Old July 14th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #73
richardsonhomebuyers

They must have changed it again. The drawings I looked at were the last ones we had updated on our server. Atleast it only 15 feet less. wish it was more.
Old July 15th, 2005, 03:44 AM   #74
2PRUROCKS!

The difference in height of 735 and 720ft maybe a product of where the builing will be officially measured. My guess is it will be measure from the entrance on Rooswvelt Rd. which at that location is rising for the overpass of the RR tracks. Actual ground level is below Roosevelt by ~15ft.
2PRUROCKS! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #75
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

I sent an email to the developers of One Museum Park and the Central Station development the other day, and I finally got a response. Below is the email transaction between myself and the developer...

My Email
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:34 AM
To: Tim Desmond
Subject: One Museum Park (check in)

Hello Mr. Desmond,

I've tried not to contact you for a while because I knew that some of
the design features were still a work in progress, but several things
have recently come to my attention, and I could wait no longer.

I have an unconfirmed report from an anonomyous source that One Museum
Park will be 735' tall...
I was wondering if the is an accurate figure? If not, is there a set
height for the tower yet?

I was also wondering if construction is still starting this fall?

I also read several weeks ago that you applied for a zoning change for the property at 1337-1355 South Michigan, and it will be improved with a 32-story building containing commercial/retail at its base, 260 dwelling units and accessory parking. I was wondering if there is a ball park height figure for this building?

Were you going to try at all to save the facades of any of the buildings currently on the site? Several of them seem quite nice.

Currently that's all that I can think of. If you have more information
that can be provided, it will certainly be welcome. I've also included
a rendering, which was in this past Sundays Tribune, and it appears to show the proposed 32 story building in the lower left corner.

I do hope to hear from you with some exciting news.

> Butler V. Adams

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE RESPONSE

Hello-

In order;

1) No, it is 720' tall
2) We are scheduled to commence construction in late September of this
year.
3) 300' to the ceiling of the last residential floor.
4) No.

td
Old July 30th, 2005, 08:33 AM   #76
richardsonhomebuyers

I'm not sure what is going on with this consusion over how tall it will be. I just worked on a set of plans that was sent to us today that still shows a hieght of 734.
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:29 AM   #77
2PRUROCKS!

^ Is there a difference between the ground level and the main entrance? Check to see where the starting elevation is measured. Is it from the ground or the main entrance? If it is from the ground and the main entrance is on Roosevelt then the official height would be measured from the main entrance and be less than what they show the total height to be on the blueprints from ground level.
2PRUROCKS! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 05:13 AM   #78
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

I got an email today that construction would begin in October. Here's an updated rendering.

Old September 13th, 2005, 05:48 AM   #79
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

^Thanks for the image. So now, what happened at the meeting?
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 06:07 AM   #80
wickedestcity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

that buildings hot !!
wickedestcity no está en línea   Reply With Quote