SkyscraperCity Forum banner
5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Ken O'Heed 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A new private housing development to the south of the Gateshead borough, located on a fairly large area of sloping land adjacent to Birtley Cemetery and with west elevation abutting the " Belgian Cemetery", next to road leading to former Durham Chemicals / Elementis etc site

More information on developer, house types etc available on http://www.betthomes.com/developments/askew-park

Planning DC/10/00832/FUL:-

Erection of 49 detached, 18 semi-detached and 3 terraced dwellinghouses (use class C3) with associated parking, toddler play space, electricity substation, access and works (amended 14/10/10, 17/11/10, 25/11/10, 23/03/11 and 04/04/11 and additional info received 15/04/11).

Pictures below taken 13/11/11 approx 1300

Seems that site has just started as only "site scrape" and possible some mains drainage in progress

KEN

See less See more
#2 ·
Askew Park , Birtley - new private housing development Longshank Lane ( off Lamesley Rd) , Birtley, Gateshead as at 08/01/12

Further to my previous posting #372 dated 13/11/11

A new private housing development to the south of the Gateshead borough, located on a fairly large area of sloping land adjacent to Birtley Cemetery and with west elevation abutting the "Belgian Cemetery" ( bottom left on site plan), next to road leading to former Durham Chemicals / Elementis site, Birtley Building Products etc

More information on developer, house types etc available on http://www.betthomes.com/developments/askew-park

Erection of 49 detached, 18 semi-detached and 3 terraced dwelling houses (use class C3) with associated parking, toddler play space, electricity substation, access and works (amended 14/10/10, 17/11/10, 25/11/10, 23/03/11 and 04/04/11 and additional info received 15/04/11).

The layout of the site is as following, this being a copy from the documentation as submitted with the Planning Application

Pictures below taken by myself 08/01/12 approx 1100 (hosted on Photobucket) showing current state of scheme

Properties with roof on are located to upper part of site plan

KEN

#3 ·
Askew Park , Birtley - new private housing development Longshank Lane ( off Lamesley Rd) , Birtley, Gateshead as at 16/05/12

Further to my previous posting #482 dated 09/01/12

A new private housing development to the south of the Gateshead borough, located on a fairly large triangular area of sloping land adjacent to Birtley Cemetery ( see Google StreetView picture below) and with west elevation abutting the "Belgian Cemetery" ( bottom left on site plan), next to road leading to former Durham Chemicals / Elementis site, Birtley Building Products etc

Erection of 49 detached, 18 semi-detached and 3 terraced dwelling houses (use class C3) with associated parking, toddler play space, electricity substation, access and works (amended 14/10/10, 17/11/10, 25/11/10, 23/03/11 and 04/04/11 and additional info received 15/04/11).

Work is progressing, working from top (east) edge of site (next to cemetery, to right) and my photographs below, taken 16/05/12 PM (hosted on Photobucket) show state of works at that time

Google Maps image of site prior to works ( the triangular area)

My photographs follow

KEN

#5 ·
Askew Park, Birtley - new private housing development Longshank Lane ( off Lamesley Rd) , Birtley, Gateshead as at 18/11/12

Further to my previous posting #657 dated 17/05/12

A new private housing development to the south of the Gateshead borough, located on a fairly large triangular area of sloping land adjacent to Birtley Cemetery ( see Google StreetView picture on previous post) and with west elevation abutting the "Belgian Cemetery" ( bottom left on site plan), next to road leading to former Durham Chemicals / Elementis site, Birtley Building Products etc

Work is now well progressed, with some properties occupied, others with foundations in place and some still to start and my photographs below, taken 18/11/12 approx 1500 (hosted on Photobucket) show representative state of works at that time

KEN

#7 ·
Askew Park, Birtley - new private housing development Longshank Lane (off Lamesley Rd) , Birtley, Gateshead as at 08/11/13, Post 1 of 2

Further to my previous posting #5 (on this "new" thread) dated 19/11/12

A new private housing development to the south of the Gateshead borough, located on a fairly large triangular area of sloping land adjacent to Birtley Cemetery (see Google StreetView picture on earlier post) and with west elevation abutting the "Belgian Cemetery" (bottom left on site plan), next to road leading to former Durham Chemicals / Elementis site, Birtley Building Products etc

Work to properties is now complete with some road and footpath surfacing and childrens play area still to be completed and small contractors compound area still in place (and van on site) and my photographs below (over 2 posts), taken 08/11/13 around 1000 (hosted on Photobucket) show representative state of the development

More on following post

KEN

#8 ·
Askew Park, Birtley - new private housing development Longshank Lane (off Lamesley Rd) , Birtley, Gateshead as at 08/11/13, Post 2 of 2

Post 2 of 2

Further to my previous posting #5 dated 19/11/12

A new private housing development to the south of the Gateshead borough, located on a fairly large triangular area of sloping land adjacent to Birtley Cemetery (see Google StreetView picture on earlier post) and with west elevation abutting the "Belgian Cemetery" (bottom left on site plan), next to road leading to former Durham Chemicals / Elementis site, Birtley Building Products etc

Work to properties is now complete with some road and footpath surfacing still to be carried out and small contractors compound area still in place (and van on site) and my photographs below (over 2 posts), taken 08/11/13 around 1000 (hosted on Photobucket) show representative state of the development

KEN

#10 ·
Askew Park, Birtley, private housing development Longshank Lane (off Lamesley Rd), Birtley, Gateshead - new Google Maps image of the development

Google Maps have in recent days updated their aerial view images (however still a few months old) now including 3D facility over a wider area of the region (including South Tyneside).

Here is a screen print to show "3D image" to show the Askew Park, Longshank Lane (off Lamesley Rd), Birtley, Gateshead development

Image hosted on Photobucket

KEN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.