daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises

Highrises Discussions of projects under construction between 100-199m/300-649ft tall.
» Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #21
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 93

Original. I liked... It'll be good near their neighbors Pyramid and the Mercedes house

TowerVerre:) liked this post
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #22
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

I'm not sure how I feel about this project. The design is okay, but it is way too massive. Also, the cladding could come off as really tacky if it isn't done well.

Phobos liked this post
Blue Flame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #23
Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about this project. The design is okay, but it is way too massive. Also, the cladding could come off as really tacky if it isn't done well.
Ditto
Old November 24th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #24
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

The original rendering didn't look so good, but the updated drawings and renderings are MUCH better.... I like that area will have a decent share of affordable housing included in building as well... creative designs with the Pyramid and others going up nearby. Definitely will transform the west side mid town waterfront area, look forward to the future there!

Subsequence liked this post
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #25
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

http://chelseanow.com/2013/12/new-cb...op-priority-2/
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #26
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

I did not realize it's practically across from the Pyramid. That block will be very interesting.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #27
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4605

I really hope they let De Portzamparc design the remaining buildings along the Riverside complex; that would make this area stand out in this part of the city, rivaling the high line area and the 57 street corridor.
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #28
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
I did not realize it's practically across from the Pyramid. That block will be very interesting.
It indeed sets up an interesting pedestal for the supertall canyon deeper into W. 57th St.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
I really hope they let De Portzamparc design the remaining buildings along the Riverside complex; that would make this area stand out in this part of the city, rivaling the high line area and the 57 street corridor.
Ditto!

Subsequence, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 02:07 AM   #29
Ghostface79

Huge West 57th St. apt. building wins approval

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...-wins-approval
Quote:
The City Planning Commission gave the go-ahead Monday afternoon for developer TF Cornerstone’s massive residential project at 606 West 57th St. The commission did so by unanimously approving a rezoning of the site to allow a larger building to be contructed. In doing so the commission followed the precedent it set earlier this month with its approval of the Domino Sugar refinery project on the Williamsburg, Brooklyn, waterfront. In both cases the yes vote was tied to the developer’s commitment to maximize affordable housing.
A little inside info, some of those dealerships where the building will stand will start closing later in the month so we should see some activity there by the end of the year.

Vertical_Gotham, iamtheSTIG liked this post
Old March 18th, 2014, 02:36 AM   #30
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

The sheer size of this building is amazing!

Fabricio JF, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #31
Vertical_Gotham

Committee approves $550M Hell’s Kitchen development
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...en-development

Quote:
The City Council's Land Use Committee approved a 1,025-unit development in Hell's Kitchen on Thursday, after the developer agreed to add moderate-income housing and a public school to the complex.

Sixteen committee members voted for TF Cornerstone's plan for the roughly 900,000-square-foot project, and one member abstained.

The vote came after Councilwoman Helen Rosenthal reached a deal with the developer that adds an additional 10,000 square feet of “affordable housing” that would, by her own admission, be affordable only to the top end of middle-income families, earning roughly $150,000 a year.

Those 15 or so units, which would bring the total amount of affordable housing from between 205 to 220, would be in the 175 to 230 percent range of Area Median Income, or A.M.I..

And in an unusual move, she asked the developer to increase the eligibility cutoff for the “lower-income units" from 40 to 60 percent A.M.I. That would make it more difficult for some lower-income families to get into the residences.

"She felt 60 was closer to the needs of her constituents," said Jon McMillan, the director of planning at TF Cornerstone. "The community board was also very interested in that. These [40 A.M.I.] lower income apartments are very, very low income compared to Manhattan incomes."

Rosenthal said she was focused on the neighborhood surrounding the West 57th Street development, where she feels there is a need for moderate-income housing that could go to people who live there now in the community. She said Extell Development’s massive Riverside Center South on the Hudson River, between West 59th and 72nd streets, already includes hundreds of units at the lower A.M.I.

“So that sort of group is taken care of in a five-block radius,” she said in a phone interview Thursday evening.

By increasing the the AMI, she said, someone making in the $70,000 to $80,000 range would be able to qualify. That could mean a single mother who's a teacher, she said. She said the moderate-income units that were added as part of her deal are targeted toward families and could go to two parents who are teachers.

“I insisted—and what we agreed to—was these would all be family-size units,” she said, saying they would all be two or three bedrooms. “They're the ones that will be qualified for this and won't have to move to New Jersey.”

The new plan would have low- and moderate-income housing distributed throughout 80 percent of the building and give residents equal access to amenities.

The developers also agreed to a smaller garage with fewer parking spaces, to build a public pre-Kindergarten school, to employ only union builders and staff the complex with 32BJ employees. TF Cornerstone also committed to a requirement that it apply for a special permit should it decide to build a hotel on the property.

McMillan said financing for the $550 million project is not yet in place, but he anticipates construction will begin next spring and will take two years. The development, he said, would target young professionals, but also young families and, most interestingly, retirees.

"At our project Queens West, what we’re finding there is we’re actually now beginning to see a wave of retiring families, people who have had big homes in the suburbs and now want to move to the city," he said, adding that he believes the far West 57th Street location will appeal to older families because "you’re just a little bit out of the mayhem of Midtown."
Old April 26th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #32
Fabricio JF
ad scientia

Likes (Received): 6667

Impressive facade design
Casa Atlântica | Single project of Zaha Hadid to South America in Rio >> BP
Fabricio JF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #33
DannyR2713
another Registered User

Likes (Received): 698

Wow! two huge developments right across the street from one another...ctbuh lists it at 482ft( 15ft taller than the pyramid) and 1189 units; which I believe is more than Atelier 2!
DannyR2713 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #34
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

Does CTBUH list a source?
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #35
DannyR2713
another Registered User

Usually CTBUH and emporis is reliable. Here's the link to this buildings page

606 west 57th street
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #36
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

Off-topic: Is this the location of the Oscorp tower from The Amazing Spider-Man? Watched the new one yesterday and it looked like it was on W. 57th close to the Hudson river.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #37
DannyR2713
another Registered User

They used the base of the Hearst Tower for the Oscorp tower. I noticed for a lot of the city shots in the first movie, the tower was moving all over the place from sixth ave, 10th ave, to on the east side. I guess they thought the audience wouldn't notice

rencharles liked this post
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #38
Ghostface79

http://newyorkyimby.com/#

Quote:
606 West 57th Street: Developer TF Cornerstone has filed applications to begin structural, excavation, mechanical, and foundation work for their 42-story and 1,028-unit mixed-use building spanning 602-606 West 57th Street, on the Far West Side; demolition was also approved for the existing two-story structure at No. 602.
Old November 5th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #39
Vertical_Gotham

TF Cornerstone Scores Construction Loan for 606 West 57th Street
http://commercialobserver.com/2014/1...t-57th-street/

Quote:
TF Cornerstone landed a $384 million construction loan for its 80/20 rental development at 606 West 57th Street from a consortium of banks led by Wells Fargo, Mortgage Observer can exclusively report.

Buffalo, N.Y.-based M&T Bank and Germany-based Helaba also participated in the deal, with each lender taking about one third of the loan, sources said. The loan carries a term of four years plus extension options and is funded through 80/20 bond financing from the state Housing Finance Agency, according to two people privy to the negotiations. The three banks declined to comment.

“We’ve been working on this project for almost four years now,” said Jeremy Shell, TF Cornerstone’s head of finance and acquisitions. “With that came structuring a ground lease and taking the project through ULURP beginning in the prior administration and coming to a close in the new administration. We closed on the financing and are now focused on getting the project completed.”

The development company filed permits with the New York City Department of Buildings for the giant 42-story apartment building this summer, after winning approval from the City Council’s Land Use Committee in April for the $550 million project. The filing puts the building’s total construction area at 1.2 million square feet, as New York YIMBY first reported.

The completed rental building at 606 West 57th Street will contain 1,028 rental units, with 206 of those set aside for residents earning 60 percent of the area’s median income. The property will also house about 38,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space, parking for 400 vehicles, and a public prekindergarten school.

Demolition on an existing garage structure and shuttered car dealership is set to commence before the year’s end. TF Cornerstone will begin construction on the project in the first quarter of 2015 and expects the rental building to be completed in the spring of 2017.

“Our current strategy for developing in the multifamily space in New York City is largely through participating in the 80/20 program and other mixed income housing models,” Mr. Shell said. “These programs have provided the city with much-needed affordable housing stock and historically have provided some necessary incentives to encourage rental housing production.”

In total, TF Cornerstone is planning to close nearly $1 billion in four separate financings over the course of a few weeks, he said.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old November 7th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #40
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Is anyone besides me secretly hoping that this will become a 1300 ft+ tower?
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
602 w.57th st., 606 w.57th st., 610 w.57th st., new york, tf cornerstone