daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 17th, 2007, 07:47 AM   #241
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton View Post
Wow, great find, Retrograde! Any idea what kind of restaurant they are going to have?
One with white tablecloths. All kidding aside, I have no idea.
Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #242
Retrograde
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
^Nice info. I'm particularly interested in this one as it's my future "home." Kirkland and Ellis must be leasing 24-39.
You're very lucky. This will end up being a terrific office building. Although your current location is pretty good. From the pictures you've taken I can tell your view is just incredible!
Old February 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #243
headcase

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
^Nice info. I'm particularly interested in this one as it's my future "home." Kirkland and Ellis must be leasing 24-39.
If I remember correctly from the Friends of Downtown meeting, they are also leasing 4 - 14. It was mentioned that they wanted some of the meeting rooms to open to the terrace on 7.

Also the floors 15 - 23 would be there to allow for future expansion, connecting the two stacks.

SSDD
Old February 21st, 2007, 06:36 AM   #244
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
You're very lucky. This will end up being a terrific office building. Although your current location is pretty good. From the pictures you've taken I can tell your view is just incredible!
I'll definitely miss the views from the Aon Center. But I'm sure 300 N Lasalle will offer some great views as well. From your shots, it seems you also have a pretty nice view. My hunch says 35 W Wacker or Donnelley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase View Post
If I remember correctly from the Friends of Downtown meeting, they are also leasing 4 - 14. It was mentioned that they wanted some of the meeting rooms to open to the terrace on 7.

Also the floors 15 - 23 would be there to allow for future expansion, connecting the two stacks.

SSDD
Thanks for the info. That makes sense. At first, I was thinking 24-39 was in line with what we have at the Aon Center. But then I remembered the staff over at the old Prudential Building.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 07:23 AM   #245
Retrograde
Chicago

February 21, 2007

Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:15 PM   #246
bobablob

Likes (Received): 0

I don't remember ever seeing a pink concrete truck before.
bobablob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #247
Chicagoago

Likes (Received): 1447

Sears Tower to lose another tenant
Another top-quality tenant is set to exit Sears Tower, as private-equity firm GTCR Golder Rauner LLC has agreed to move to 300 N. LaSalle St., the riverfront skyscraper under construction by developer Hines Interests L.P.

The deal comes as leasing starts to pick up at the 1.2-million-square-foot tower, thanks in part to a possible expansion by anchor tenant Kirkland & Ellis LLP and a lease with a business center firm.

GTCR has agreed to lease the two top floors of the 60-story structure, or about 50,000 square feet, according to sources familiar with the deal. As part of the move, GTCR is increasing its space by more than half compared to its current location on the 61st floor of Sears Tower, 233 S. Wacker Drive.

The structure is expected to be completed in early 2009.

John Huston, executive vice-president of Skokie-based American Landmark Properties Inc., one of the owners of the Sears Tower, says in a statement: “We would love to retain GTCR as a long-term tenant, but we understand their need to expand, which we can’t accommodate them at the top of the building.”

GTCR is the latest prominent tenant to agree to leave Sears Tower in recent months.

GTCR’s current lease expires in 2010, when another tenant, Citigroup Inc., also plans to relocate its offices in Sears Tower to AT&T Corporate Center, 227 W. Monroe St., as part of a downtown consolidation. Consulting firm Bain & Co. has agreed to move its offices to 190 S. LaSalle St.

Meanwhile, Kirkland & Ellis, which originally agreed to take 600,000 square feet, is in talks to add between 75,000 and 100,000 square feet, sources say.

The law firm’s administrator, Douglas McLemore, confirms that Kirkland has told it Hines it may take more space, but a decision to expand has not yet been made.

Elite Business Centers has signed a lease for a floor at 300 N. LaSalle, or about 25,000 square feet, says David G. Miller, senior vice-president with Rosemont-based real estate firm Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler Inc.

The upstart executive suite company is part of industry giant Regus Group PLC.
Chicagoago no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #248
Retrograde
Chicago

March 8, 2007

Old March 13th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #249
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

A rendering of the "updated" version that I never got around to posting

spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:51 AM   #250
NittanyBLUE2002
JoePa4Eva

^ one of the more underappreciated developments going up
NittanyBLUE2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:01 AM   #251
CHIsentinel
padisha emperor

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyBLUE2002 View Post
^ one of the more underappreciated developments going up
Hardly. I think it's safe to see that all of us in the forums really like this building - it might seem to be under-appreciated because there has been no drama associated with it unlike some other projects (block 37, chicago spire, mandarin oriental). It's just been a very straightforward process with this one, from development, design, to construction.
CHIsentinel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #252
Flubnut
4th Level of Hades

Likes (Received): 5

For those of you interested, here's an article detailing how Kirkland & Ellis is influencing the IT specs for this building:

http://www.cio.com/archive/021507/fea_it_building.html
Flubnut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:22 AM   #253
Retrograde
Chicago

March 20, 2007

Old March 21st, 2007, 04:16 PM   #254
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

that construction side reminds me a bit on the site of Comcast in Philly
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM   #255
Chicagoago

I can assure you almost NO ONE who isn't interested in development or wandering around on sites like these has the slightest idea this thing is going up. I love how it's right on the river, and so close to the brown/purple line tracks. I think it's going to be fun when people on the train are hovering so close to this thing when it really starts to climb and shimmer right in front of you. I bet it's going to surprise a lot of people.

It's certainly unappreciated in Chicago. Then again, most everything except for Trump is in that boat. Most people have never heard of Waterview whatsoever. That's another one that's going to start stunning people vacantly staring out their train windows or walking along Chi River bridges.
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:39 PM   #256
Chicagoago

Also - this thing is flying out of the ground FAST. It seems like they just started digging, and now it's already popping up.
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:51 AM   #257
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
I can assure you almost NO ONE who isn't interested in development or wandering around on sites like these has the slightest idea this thing is going up. I love how it's right on the river, and so close to the brown/purple line tracks. I think it's going to be fun when people on the train are hovering so close to this thing when it really starts to climb and shimmer right in front of you. I bet it's going to surprise a lot of people.

It's certainly unappreciated in Chicago. Then again, most everything except for Trump is in that boat. Most people have never heard of Waterview whatsoever. That's another one that's going to start stunning people vacantly staring out their train windows or walking along Chi River bridges.
Ha! I think you give too much credit. 90% of people won't even notice them when they ARE done! I can hear it now: "oh, that's new?"
Old April 4th, 2007, 03:58 AM   #258
danthediscoman

Likes (Received): 1

She's coming along. Today:

Last edited by danthediscoman; April 4th, 2007 at 04:03 AM.
danthediscoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #259
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

oh, its a "she"
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #260
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Hell no! If there were ever a building that wasn't a she, this would be it! I mean, is there anything in Chicago more masculine than this beast? (besides JHC and the Sears)