daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 18th, 2017, 05:52 PM   #201
Obobru
Proud Citizen

Likes (Received): 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogi555 View Post
When it is planned to be completed?
First it was going to open National Day 2016 then 17th July 2017 then it was going to be December this year but as always like many things in Abu Dhabi they lie to keep the masters happy until someone eventually stands up and says it's BS and has no chance even a blind man could see that this was never going to open this year and now they are saying 2019. It's the tale of the middle east, look at Doha airport and the delay and after delay on that. I am going to say 2020

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...line-1.1686584
Obobru no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2017, 06:41 PM   #202
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

They badly need that 1 master who is passionate about the City and improving its global economic profile.....They have however made strides in social development, so that's a good sign!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:36 AM   #203
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
They badly need that 1 master who is passionate about the City and improving its global economic profile.....They have however made strides in social development, so that's a good sign!!
Eh they are better off trying to raise the awareness of the UAE as one destination rather than duplicating what Dubai already has in AD and vice versa. Besides its hard for them to compete with Dubai for tourists. They are just a bit too conservative and this will always be a problem for their tourist vision.

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 02:21 AM   #204
osamah

Likes (Received): 5442

tius86, Munwon, FM 2258, CENTILION, DJaCoNdA and 2 others liked this post
osamah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 02:27 AM   #205
osamah

Likes (Received): 5442

Munwon, firoz bharmal, DJaCoNdA liked this post
osamah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:49 AM   #206
Raven83
BANGED

Likes (Received): 33

I felt really bad with the news that the midfield terminal opening is delayed, I always prefer Etihad over Emirates/QA the only crazy part is the transfer between T1 and T3 as long lines on the security checks will take more than an hour during midday departures wherein pax from Asia rushes to flights to Europe (mostly A380's in T3) Now that Arab countries sanctioned Qatar and may close their airspace to QA. I'm afraid that the crowd will worsen as they will mostly choose Etihad/Emirates.

M-scala liked this post
Raven83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #207
Obobru
Proud Citizen

It's crazy that the roof isn't even finished yet! They are so far behind with this.

I have now stopped using Etihad and flying via Abu Dhabi as the airport is a nightmare even when using business lounges. I fly from the UK to The Philippines and now go with KLM via Taiwan as the timings are better and the airports much less hassle.

Raven83 liked this post
Old June 6th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #208
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

I remember Doha's airport was delayed for a while yet Doha Hamad turned out to be the most fantastic airport I've been to in my opinion. I hope the same will be for Abu Dhabi when this terminal opens.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 05:12 PM   #209
Obobru
Proud Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

I remember Doha's airport was delayed for a while yet Doha Hamad turned out to be the most fantastic airport I've been to in my opinion. I hope the same will be for Abu Dhabi when this terminal opens.
God yes that was awful I only used the buses a couple of times passing through Doha when I lived in Abu Dhabi and it was awful. That airport is lovely but today it's a bit less busy.

FM 2258 liked this post
Old August 22nd, 2017, 01:32 PM   #210
klm.b777

Likes (Received): 32

Any new updates for this beuatifull airport.??

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- A380's
klm.b777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 01:25 PM   #211
Obobru
Proud Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm.b777 View Post
Any new updates for this beuatifull airport.??
Nothing official as the whole project is an embarrassment to the country with the delays and the airline having to admit they are not all that great at running airlines as evidenced by the sell off of one and bankruptcy of 2 others it's likely the whole project is most likely under review. At some point, it's invertible that Etihad will merge with Emirates and they want to make sure they do not have a large white elephant airport as most flights will move to Al Maktoum International Airport which has been built in a strategic point for a reason.

klm.b777 liked this post
Old August 25th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #212
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obobru View Post
Nothing official as the whole project is an embarrassment to the country with the delays and the airline having to admit they are not all that great at running airlines as evidenced by the sell off of one and bankruptcy of 2 others it's likely the whole project is most likely under review. At some point, it's invertible that Etihad will merge with Emirates and they want to make sure they do not have a large white elephant airport as most flights will move to Al Maktoum International Airport which has been built in a strategic point for a reason.
I think that's an exaggeration. The airport is mostly complete. Yes, a two year delay is bad, but EY has completely halted expansion (might even be shrinking in size). I pass through AUH every few months, and everything seems to be working fine. If I remember correctly, DXB's Terminal 3 was delayed two years as well, and the new DOH airport opened way later than planned. When I passed through those airports before their expansions opened, they were so packed, it was difficult to even reach the gate. I have yet to experience such an uncomfortable journey through AUH as I did at those airports.

And the EY group might be a doing poorly, as every airline industry expert predicted, but in the passengers perspective, EY offers some of the best service in the world. I have yet to experience a Y class that is better than EY's A380.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Last edited by EmiratesAirline380; August 25th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old August 25th, 2017, 10:05 PM   #213
abhishekdoshi19

Likes (Received): 71

Is the US pre-clearance facility available to transit passengers too?
abhishekdoshi19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2017, 12:39 AM   #214
killerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
I think that's an exaggeration. The airport is mostly complete. Yes, a two year delay is bad, but EY has completely halted expansion (might even be shrinking in size). I pass through AUH every few months, and everything seems to be working fine. If I remember correctly, DXB's Terminal 3 was delayed two years as well, and the new DOH airport opened way later than planned. When I passed through those airports before their expansions opened, they were so packed, it was difficult to even reach the gate. I have yet to experience such an uncomfortable journey through AUH as I did at those airports.

And the EY group might be a doing poorly, as every airline industry expert predicted, but in the passengers perspective, EY offers some of the best service in the world. I have yet to experience a Y class that is better than EY's A380.
One has to learn from Abu Dhabi how someone can spend all the money and still come up with something that is second best. It is like being the best scares them as it thrusts them into the limelight and they hate that...
Old August 26th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #215
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
One has to learn from Abu Dhabi how someone can spend all the money and still come up with something that is second best. It is like being the best scares them as it thrusts them into the limelight and they hate that...
Usually that is the case but in the case of EY, they had to play catch up with EK. It's not easy to establish a brand and business model when your biggest competitor has 18 years more experience. They tried to fix that by growing with acquisitions but it failed miserably, mainly because they bought the wrong airlines.

Have no idea why they don't like being second best but also hate being in the limelight. Must be their tribal culture having an influence there...

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old August 30th, 2017, 12:09 PM   #216
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekdoshi19 View Post
Of course.
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 04:39 PM   #217
Obobru
Proud Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekdoshi19 View Post
At the moment it is but that may change when the new terminal opens as it will not be transferring and it's rumoured to close down as it has never been very efficient.
https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2014/1...-preclearance/
Old September 2nd, 2017, 02:57 PM   #218
EmiratesAirline380

From the looks of it, great progress on the repaint progress of the EY fleet.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Munwon, klm.b777, Obobru, BeestonLad, killerk and 2 others liked this post
Old September 6th, 2017, 01:54 AM   #219
killerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obobru View Post
At the moment it is but that may change when the new terminal opens as it will not be transferring and it's rumoured to close down as it has never been very efficient.
https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2014/1...-preclearance/
But it has been successful of late...since the US has become the strictest nation in the history of earth in terms of immigration (and then add to that the laptop ban), many people prefer "trying it out" in Abu Dhabi rather than on US soil... Hogan, in one of his last press releases had mentioned that!!
Old September 6th, 2017, 04:38 PM   #220
Obobru
Proud Citizen

Quote:
Hogan, in one of his last press releases had mentioned that!!
Must have been a while ago they pushed him out months ago and as for anything he says we can take it with a pinch of salt as the Emirati's have learned.

Tags
south asian hub airport