daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 10th, 2016, 01:30 PM   #161
jain ladda
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 141
Likes (Received): 181

__________________

firoz bharmal liked this post

Last edited by jain ladda; August 24th, 2016 at 02:13 PM.
jain ladda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:32 AM   #162
UbonTrakarn
Registered User
 
UbonTrakarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UBP-BKK-HKT
Posts: 2,402
Likes (Received): 1146

__________________
เถลิงประเทศชาติไทย ทวีมีชัย ชโย

firoz bharmal, saintm, osamah liked this post
UbonTrakarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 08:39 PM   #163
hsnse
Mysticism of the East
 
hsnse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calicut/Dubai
Posts: 1,393
Likes (Received): 219

Really strange that Dubai doesn't figure in the list!
hsnse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:55 PM   #164
killerk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,519
Likes (Received): 1120

What list?
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:54 AM   #165
UbonTrakarn
Registered User
 
UbonTrakarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UBP-BKK-HKT
Posts: 2,402
Likes (Received): 1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsnse View Post
Really strange that Dubai doesn't figure in the list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
What list?


Top 10 most beautiful airport in the world 2016 ??
__________________
เถลิงประเทศชาติไทย ทวีมีชัย ชโย
UbonTrakarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #166
killerk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,519
Likes (Received): 1120

When was Dubai airport ever on a list of beautiful airports? It was built entirely with functionality in mind and a modular expansion system given that DXB has had limited space to grow!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:40 AM   #167
UbonTrakarn
Registered User
 
UbonTrakarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UBP-BKK-HKT
Posts: 2,402
Likes (Received): 1146

__________________
เถลิงประเทศชาติไทย ทวีมีชัย ชโย

klm.b777, osamah liked this post
UbonTrakarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2016, 04:25 PM   #168
DoesntMatter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 6

Here's the April video:

__________________

Last edited by DoesntMatter; May 15th, 2016 at 04:34 PM.
DoesntMatter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 03:36 AM   #169
TallBox
Registered User
 
TallBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,129
Likes (Received): 422

You know, I used to fly in a lot to AUH over the years 2005-13. I don't know how to put it, but it was a well-functioning, cosy airport. It felt very intimate, and I felt like one of the only passengers. I know progress and development is good etc, and the new terminal will be awesome, but I'm going to miss that feeling and instead it's going to be an overwhelming, hyper-busy experience. AUH will be all grown up :'-(
__________________
Nous sommes tous Ronnie Pickering

m-man, FM 2258 liked this post
TallBox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #170
Obobru
Proud Citizen
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manchester/Makati
Posts: 1,006
Likes (Received): 632

They are claiming this is 70% complete which is rubbish. Anyone can see its about 50% the taking into account ground works and the fact only the framework is up for the main terminal area with a bit of roofing.

They are going to have double the number of workers to even get near hand over in a year's time.
Obobru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 06:11 AM   #171
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,888
Likes (Received): 998

Will all Etihad flights move to the new terminal upon completion? Or will we still see some ops out of the old terminals?
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 08:35 PM   #172
Obobru
Proud Citizen
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manchester/Makati
Posts: 1,006
Likes (Received): 632

They said all etihad and it's equity partner airlines will move. The others will stay behind which if that was to happen at the moment would leave the existing terminals empty. I would think terminal 2 will be closed as I think it's only used for a few Indian flights. Terminal 1 should close as its too small and badly laid out and terminal 3 could handle all the remaining flights.
Obobru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 07:09 AM   #173
EmiratesAirline380
Registered User
 
EmiratesAirline380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver/Dubai
Posts: 1,993
Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Will all Etihad flights move to the new terminal upon completion? Or will we still see some ops out of the old terminals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obobru View Post
They said all etihad and it's equity partner airlines will move. The others will stay behind which if that was to happen at the moment would leave the existing terminals empty. I would think terminal 2 will be closed as I think it's only used for a few Indian flights. Terminal 1 should close as its too small and badly laid out and terminal 3 could handle all the remaining flights.
Well they are building a tunnel and train connecting the current terminals to the MTB building, so I'm guessing they are expecting many passengers to be connecting between the two buildings. They will probably keep all facilities except Terminal 2 open. As for which airlines will move, I think they might have EY and their partners at the MTB building, and everyone else at T1 and T3. They might also keep US bound EY flights at T3 due to the US pre-clearance facilities that exist there.
__________________
EMIRATES AIRLINE

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders

Wezza liked this post
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 07:13 AM   #174
EmiratesAirline380
Registered User
 
EmiratesAirline380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver/Dubai
Posts: 1,993
Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obobru View Post
They are claiming this is 70% complete which is rubbish. Anyone can see its about 50% the taking into account ground works and the fact only the framework is up for the main terminal area with a bit of roofing.

They are going to have double the number of workers to even get near hand over in a year's time.
Well I'm not a civil engineer, but I agree that it doesn't look like it will be ready in time. Even after the structure is built, it still takes months to prepare the interiors and get all systems in order. Just look at Hammad International Airport - the airport terminal was built, but the lounges and interiors took more than 2 years to complete which delayed it's opening.
__________________
EMIRATES AIRLINE

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 09:07 PM   #175
killerk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,519
Likes (Received): 1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
Well they are building a tunnel and train connecting the current terminals to the MTB building, so I'm guessing they are expecting many passengers to be connecting between the two buildings. They will probably keep all facilities except Terminal 2 open. As for which airlines will move, I think they might have EY and their partners at the MTB building, and everyone else at T1 and T3. They might also keep US bound EY flights at T3 due to the US pre-clearance facilities that exist there.
Yes, the US flights will be from existing T3, that won't move to the new terminal...However, I think they will close T1 for a major refurbishment...It is so outdated.
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 11:50 PM   #176
EmiratesAirline380
Registered User
 
EmiratesAirline380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver/Dubai
Posts: 1,993
Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
Yes, the US flights will be from existing T3, that won't move to the new terminal...However, I think they will close T1 for a major refurbishment...It is so outdated.
It's outdated but they recently (finally) made a outer ring tunnel around the T1, which separates arriving and departing passengers, so I think they will leave foreign airlines there.
__________________
EMIRATES AIRLINE

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 01:26 AM   #177
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,256
Likes (Received): 1039

What about Etihad partners?
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 02:24 AM   #178
Obobru
Proud Citizen
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manchester/Makati
Posts: 1,006
Likes (Received): 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
What about Etihad partners?
They said moving to the new terminal.
Obobru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 02:28 AM   #179
Obobru
Proud Citizen
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manchester/Makati
Posts: 1,006
Likes (Received): 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
It's outdated but they recently (finally) made a outer ring tunnel around the T1, which separates arriving and departing passengers, so I think they will leave foreign airlines there.
Yes this has been better for connecting flights when you come in at T1 and are going out at T3 you now quickly pass through security.
Obobru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 07:13 AM   #180
EmiratesAirline380
Registered User
 
EmiratesAirline380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver/Dubai
Posts: 1,993
Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obobru View Post
Yes this has been better for connecting flights when you come in at T1 and are going out at T3 you now quickly pass through security.
With the new set up, have they removed the security screening at each of the T1 gates? I remember it was always annoying to clear security right after checking in, and then have to pass through security again at the gate.
__________________
EMIRATES AIRLINE

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
south asian hub airport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium