daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM   #21
hqho1671

Likes (Received): 2860

Everyone should STFU we here talk about the project !!!

iKHALEDM liked this post
hqho1671 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:43 PM   #22
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Likes (Received): 1693

no comment ~

you are not young ppl to tell you it's right or not ,, and i can't give you Course about religion or life or even dealing with others .
plz don't talk about thing you don't know anything about it!!!

if really you want to know anything about it .Easily you can google it!!

was fun right!!! any way let's come back to our thread "saudi arabia High speed rail"

🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🆂🆃

عطار, tiagra liked this post

Last edited by 압둘라-爱- LOVE; November 22nd, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
압둘라-爱- LOVE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:48 PM   #23
TheLittleKSA

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasry View Post
In general, Wahhabism - the form of Islam practiced in Saudi Arabia - is quite supportive of new technology. Since it does not accept any other shrines then the Kaba they're okey with having railways, roads etc. though old cities and the destruction of other historical sites.

So, despite beeing conservative they do support modernization, altough in their own way.
What the hell are you talking about ?
There's nothing called wahhabism in saudi arabia. There are only sunnism and shiiasm, and both strongly support modernization.
Just go to the saudi forum and have a look ..
You guys don't know anything about saudi arabia and the way we live !
You guys claim that you're living the best life in the world and that's because you have no idea about the other countries like GCC (saudi arabia, emirates, qatar, bahrain, kuwait, and oman). I actually have been in several europian countries and what I saw was completely different from what i had been thinking because basically you live much worse financially and residentially !
You remind me of soviet union when their media used not to show the other world so that the russians thought they were living the best life, but when they saw how americans live they felt frustrated.

iKHALEDM liked this post
TheLittleKSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:24 AM   #24
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by 압둘라-爱- LOVE View Post
second - i was posted before "the holy Mosque for muslims (only holy mosque)" . Mecca city its allowed for me and you guys and non-M !
I looked it up, and there it said Mecca is not allowed for non-muslims, it included pictures. So my question is a relevant, practical, rail construction-related one: how can a train/metro be built by foreign engineers if they are not allowed to enter the area, or is the station outside Mecca?
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:24 AM   #25
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleKSA View Post
You guys don't know anything about saudi arabia and the way we live !
Maybe because you don't let us into your city

Now back to rail, please.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:32 PM   #26
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I looked it up, and there it said Mecca is not allowed for non-muslims, it included pictures. So my question is a relevant, practical, rail construction-related one: how can a train/metro be built by foreign engineers if they are not allowed to enter the area, or is the station outside Mecca?

non-Muslim not mean foreign! <<

you can find muslims from us from korea china ! anywhere !

same to me i'm mix korean muslim ~

anyway the project will be finish next year !

🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🆂🆃

iKHALEDM, -SKC liked this post
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:53 PM   #27
TheLittleKSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
Maybe because you don't let us into your city

Now back to rail, please.
You're welcome to our country

FM 2258 liked this post
TheLittleKSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM   #28
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Haramain hsr video

🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🆂🆃
Old November 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #29
Stainless

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 압둘라-爱- LOVE View Post
this is Islam Religion . You have and I have to respect the teachings religion.

whatever Islam religion or Christian religion ...etc
O/T But why do I have to respect someone's religion? Especially when it bans be from a town as it thinks that my presence will somehow make the place dirty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleKSA
You guys claim that you're living the best life in the world and that's because you have no idea about the other countries like GCC (saudi arabia, emirates, qatar, bahrain, kuwait, and oman). I actually have been in several europian countries and what I saw was completely different from what i had been thinking because basically you live much worse financially and residentially !
The difference is we do have the freedom to see how other countries live. I have seen how your country works and quite frankly it horrifies me. I could not live in a sandbox that treated not believers, women and foreign workers like second class citizens, no matter how massive my house or bank balance would be.

KB335ci2, Jordbcn liked this post
Stainless no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #30
TheLittleKSA

You really have to come to Saudi Arabia. You're talking about things that i first hear of !
Old November 25th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #31
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

and ...

Don't forget the mecca metro, It was built by the Chinese !

for make sure and detail information, u can open this link (Wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca_Metro

🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🆂🆃

Züri liked this post

Last edited by 압둘라-爱- LOVE; November 25th, 2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #32
stingstingsting
railover

Likes (Received): 29

That article does not state that the whole line was built by Chinese workers though. It seems that part of the metro within the city limits was out of bounds to the Chinese company and its non-muslim workers and supervisors. Please let us know if this not the case of course. I would be delighted to know

On the topic of Mecca and Non-Muslims

Because Wikipedia is Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca#Demographics
Quote:
Non-Muslims are not permitted to enter Mecca under Saudi law,[11] and using fraudulent documents to do so may result in arrest and prosecution.[80] Nevertheless, many non-Muslims have visited the city.
Quote:
The Saudi government supports their position using[citation needed] Sura 9:28 from the Qur'an: O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque.
More links that state that Mecca in totality is out-of-bounds to non-Muslims.
http://www.chinaeconomicreview.com/node/26623
Quote:
China Railway Construction meets Mecca
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Share:
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on sinaweibo Share on reddit Share on linkedin
What would you do if you were in charge of building a major infrastructure project, but you weren't allowed to oversee construction? That is the question facing China Railway Construction (CRC; 601186.SH, 1186.HK), the company behind a metro rail project in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

When completed in November, the Al Mashaaer Al Mugaddassah Metro will whisk pilgrims, up to 1.2 million per day, between holy sites in Mecca, Mount Arafat, Muzdalifa and Mina. Contrary to earlier reports, the metro system will not be a monorail, but a conventional steel-wheel, steel-rail design running on a viaduct.

But Yam Kong, the director and general manager of construction firm HCCG (China), who is helping CRC on the project, said the company has encountered a unique obstacle: Mecca is off-limits to non-Muslims, and the restrictions won't be lifted for the sake of speeding construction on the 18.1-kilometer metro line.

Overseas Chinese infrastructure projects are typically built by imported Chinese labor. This time, not just any workers will do.

"Labor-wise, it's probably OK because China Railway Construction can import Muslim labor from China if they fail to find a large-scale labor force in Saudi," said Yam.

A trickier problem is finding professionals to oversee the workers.

"It's not like in Europe ... where there is a long history of railway development [and] there are local professionals available," said Yam. He said the project had struggled to find Muslim railway engineers.

Fortunately for Yam and CRC, only part of the metro lies within the restricted, sacred area. Non-Muslim workers and contractors can still visit and work on the site on the outskirts of Mecca.

"But once we talk about the sacred line, beyond where only Muslims are admitted, then we will have to ask our colleagues to go in there and work on it," said Yam. "It's not easy sometimes."
http://wikitravel.org/en/Mecca
Quote:
It is strictly forbidden for Non-Muslims to enter the city and this is strongly enforced.
I think we can agree that as a state-enforced rule, Mecca bounded by the city limits is totally out-of-bounds to Non-Muslims

For a bit more of a religious argument on this subject
http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/...-mosque-haram/
Quote:
Are non-Muslims Allowed to Enter Mecca and the Sacred Mosque (Haram)?
October 20th, 2010 ShareShare SharePrint
Answered by: Ustadh Faraz A. Khan
Question: Why can’t non-Muslim, Jews and Christians, enter Mecca or the Haram?
Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,
I pray this finds you in the best of health and faith.
The short answer to your question is that historically there was disagreement among jurists with respect to the matter. Abu Hanifa’s opinion was that non-Muslims can enter Mecca and even the Sacred Mosque [haram], as long as they do not do so for the sake of the pilgrimage [hajj or umra], which they are not allowed to perform. This is the opinion of the Hanafi school of law, which historically up to today has been the largest juridical school of Islam. Other schools of thought, however, differed on the legal ruling.
The Verse in Question
This ruling is based on the Qur’anic verse, “O believers, polytheists are not except filth, so let them not approach the Sacred Mosque after this year of theirs…” [9:28].
This verse was revealed in the 9th year after hijra, which is therefore what is meant by the phrase “this year of theirs.” The year is ascribed to them in the verse to emphasize the fact that the legal ruling therein is specific to them alone. [Ibn Ashur, Tahrir wal-Tanwir]
Most Qur’anic exegetes [mufassirun] interpreted the first statement as metaphorical, that is, polytheists are not literally filth, but their creed of associating partners with Allah Most High is so base and vile in the sight of Allah that it is akin to filth itself, so much so that it is as if those who adhere to such beliefs are themselves filth.
[Ibn Ashur, Tahrir wal-Tanwir; Alusi, Ruh al-Ma’ani; Nasafi, Madarik al-Tanzil; Abu Suud, Irshad al-Aql al-Salim; Abu Hayyan, Bahr al-Muhit; Suyuti, Tafsir Jalalayn]
Juridical Difference on the Resultant Legal Ruling
As for the legal ruling derived from the verse, as mentioned above there was disagreement among jurists historically.
Imam Shafi’i interpreted the verse to mean that after that year, polytheists were not allowed to enter the Sacred Mosque of Mecca, yet they could enter other mosques, as only the Sacred Mosque was specified in the verse. This was the opinion of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal as well.
Imam Malik understood the verse to be more general and therefore maintained that polytheists could not enter the Sacred Mosque of Mecca nor any mosque whatsoever.
Also, according to Imams Shafi’i, Malik and Ahmad, the term “Sacred Mosque” used in the verse linguistically refers to the entire Sacred Precinct, that is, all of Mecca as well as its outlying areas; hence, the legal ruling of barring non-Muslims from entry would apply to that whole area, not just the Sacred Mosque of Mecca.
Imam Abu Hanifa understood the verse to refer only to the actual pilgrimage, not to mere entrance, and therefore maintained that polytheists could enter any mosque, even the Sacred Mosque of Mecca. According to him, they simply could not perform the pilgrimage, neither hajj nor umra, as was customary among the polytheists of Mecca before the revelation of the above verse.
[Jassas, Ahkam al-Qur’an; Alusi, Ruh al-Ma’ani; Qurtubi, Jami’ li Ahkam al-Qur’an; Shirazi, al-Muhadhdhab; Nawawi, Majmu’; Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar; Kasani, Bada’i al-Sana’i; Buhuti, Kashshaf al-Qina’]
All of Humanity is Honored
However, regardless of this particular ruling and the Islamic view of polytheism as a creed, people that adhere to such beliefs are still our brothers in humanity, and all humans are honored by Allah as they are children of Adam and Allah’s vicegerents on earth. Muslims are commanded to treat all humans – whether Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, polytheists, atheists, or otherwise – with respect, dignity, and mutual regard.
Allah Most High states, “And We have indeed honored the children of Adam,” [17:70] i.e., all of humanity, irrespective of differences in creed.
He Most High also states, “O humanity! We have created you all from a male and female, and We have made you into nations and tribes so that you may come to know one another…” [49:13] Our differences, then, are merely a platform upon which we, as brothers in humanity, can have civil dialogue and open the doors of communication so as to come to know one another.
Furthermore, it is rigorously authenticated that our Beloved Messenger [peace and blessings be upon him] said, “The believer is one from whom all of humanity feels safe.” [Sahih Ibn Hibban; Mustadrak Hakim; Musnad Ahmad] Therefore according to the Prophet himself, the very definition and hence nature of the believer entails providing safety and security to all of humanity.
He also said, “I was sent to perfect good character,” [Mustadrak Hakim; Sunan Bayhaqi], and according to Islamic creed, he [peace and blessings be upon him] was sent not just to the Arabs, but rather to all of humanity. The prophetic perfection of character, then, is directed towards humanity at large. This is further echoed by the Qur’anic verse, “And We have sent you not except as a mercy to all of creation.” [21:107]
Out of emulation of the Prophet, Muslims are therefore commanded to reflect prophetic mercy to all humans, creedal differences aside.
And Allah alone gives success.
wassalam
Faraz A. Khan
An article that seems to say that some of the workers sent from China converted to Islam
http://www.islamicbulletin.org/newsl..._26/metro.aspx
Quote:
A Chinese company, part of a Saudi-French-Chinese consortium won the contract and has sent 4,600 Chinese nationals to work on this rail project. Last year alone, over 600 more embraced Islam. Alhamdulillah we were contacted to provide a Hajj guide in Chinese for the 150 Chinese workers who performed hajj last year. Here are some quotes of the new muslims:

Hamza, 42, said he embraced Islam after he saw the Holy Ka'aba for the first time on Saudi television. "It had an electrifying effect on me. I watched the live transmission of prayers at the Grand Mosque and the circling of the faithful around the holiest shrine in Islam," Hamza feels happier and more relaxed now that he has become a Muslim.

Fifty-one-year-old Ibrahim is another Chinese worker who embraced Islam in September last year. "While we were in China, we did not have any opportunity to learn about Islam. When I reached Makkah, I was very impressed by the behavior of many of its residents. Their equal treatment of Muslims and non-Muslims had a big impact on me," he said.Ibrahim, who is working with the maintenance section of the state-owned Chinese Railway Company, says that he, like Hamza, became a Muslim when he saw the Ka'aba.

Abdullah Al-Baligh, 51, was inspired to embrace Islam after seeing the positive changes in his colleagues. "Six months after I arrived in Makkah, I noticed that my colleague, who was already a Muslim by birth, had totally changed and his behavior and conduct were exemplary. I realized that Islam was the guiding force behind these changes," he said."When I asked him, he told me that he had known nothing about the religion while in China. Now, he had a proper understanding of Islam and wanted to become more of a role model.

"Younus, another worker, says that he became a practicing Muslim only after his arrival in Makkah." Islam in China is lacking. I realized about this only after coming over to the Kingdom. Many of my Muslim colleagues and I only truly learned about Islam in the holy city.
I don't see the need to get so worked up. If there is a dispute then one caqn just corroborate with evidence. There is nothing gained by becoming so agitated. On the other hand, a bit of civility and care with statements or questions could be taken. Nothing lost...

Besides, this whole argument seems to be about how the construction of the the HSR line and station within Mecca city limits is taking place. I think most of us are genuinely curious about how this is being carried out with the unique rule of having no non-muslims allowed in the city itself.
stingstingsting no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #33
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

i guess we need this pic !

this is Haram boundary , following this pic. the haram boundary inside the mecca city ,

so i guess some place in mecca city is allowable . and around of the holy mosque s not allow.

🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🆂🆃

FM 2258 liked this post

Last edited by 압둘라-爱- LOVE; November 25th, 2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #34
fanspy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

sorry about derailing this topic with my question about non-muslims

압둘라-爱- LOVE liked this post
fanspy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #35
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

you've developed the bomb and ran away my friend

🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🆂🆃

Last edited by 압둘라-爱- LOVE; November 25th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #36
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

This HSR project I'm sure is one of the best things going for Saudi Arabia, congratulations, they're not wasting time getting this thing built. I hope they also provide a link to Riyadh, Dammam over down to Jeddah.

압둘라-爱- LOVE, -SKC liked this post
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #37
fanspy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
This HSR project I'm sure is one of the best things going for Saudi Arabia, congratulations, they're not wasting time getting this thing built. I hope they also provide a link to Riyadh, Dammam over down to Jeddah.
I think a Riyadh-Doha or Riyadh-Dubai link would be very lucrative too.

FM 2258, -SKC liked this post
fanspy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #38
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanspy View Post
That would be nice. Airlines won't like it but it's better for everyone in the long run. I can imagine it would entice more people to travel more often in the region.

A link down to Abha would be good too.

-SKC liked this post
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #39
압둘라-爱- LOVE
'대한민국'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanspy View Post
there is another GCC railway project (Engineering design phase)

[ riyadh- doha - dubai - kuwait -oman - bahrain railway]

🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🆂🆃

fanspy, -SKC liked this post

Last edited by 압둘라-爱- LOVE; November 25th, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #40
hqho1671

Likes (Received): 2860

Jeddah station more than one year ago by me was all cranes

محطة جدة قبل اكثر من سنة كان كله رافعات من تصويري

압둘라-爱- LOVE liked this post
hqho1671 no está en línea   Reply With Quote