daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 17th, 2014, 01:51 AM   #101
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenmeister View Post
I found this render of a broad group project

I suspect it might be the J97 project,found it on this site of the steel firm hong-lu. http://www.hong-lu.com/index.php/Bou...Lu-id-684.html.
It seems like BROAD uses steel from this company to build the J97tower.

They believed that construction would take about three months
(google translate)
This part was especially interesting:

Maybe the slow progress is because of problems on the supply side?
The taller the tower the less tolerate it is towards prefabricated components, as errors can add up really quick with a 800m tower. <0.5mm is very precise for machined components, almost unheard of for building material. I hope BSB can successfully develop manufacturing processes that will achieve this level of precision. They probably will have to borrow experience from China's extensive rail/aircraft manufacturing industries.

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #102
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
And apparently you decided to ignore that I differentiate between buildings and towers. Their 20+ floor buildings were constructed with full speed, yes. But I am talking about the towers. A 20 or 30 floor building is not really a tall tower.
Btw, talking about credibility... why would you trust / believe anyone on the internet anyways? Especially when someone is stating his personal point of view?
So now you are claiming 30 stories is a "building" not a tower, where do you draw the line then, anything to back it up? BSB is building J97 tower with the same basic technology as their 30 story tower, the only difference is that the former will require a lot more modules to be assembled, and the construction time frame is longer proportionally.
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #103
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2609

This is so wrong in so many ways. The forces (wind, earthquakes, it's own weight and so on) on a 350m structure are way higher than on a 120m building / "tower". Therefor they need more steel, better reinforcement, more stable construction elements in general. This is a time consuming thing and will stop their towers from reaching the supposed speed.
And when they are planning to go higher, like they aimed with SkyCity, they can't build it without concrete. Simply. No. Way.
Also, a proportional growth of the construction time frame between a 30fl building and this tower is simply impossible. That may work out in computer simulations and your mind, but this is reality. You can't build a supertall or even megatall with the same thin-stick columns that would support a 30 floor building.

Btw I "draw the line" between buildings and towers at around 200 meters, the skyscraper border. Makes the most sense IMHO.

TowerVerre:), city of the future liked this post
Dubai Skyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #104
city of the future
city of the future

Likes (Received): 248

Very good points there, You cannot go that hight without concrete. Steel great for buildings up to maybe 400m but never 800m+. Look at the supertalls in Dubai, they all have huge thick slabs of concrete covering the steel
city of the future no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #105
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15900

By xiaomianlong

By wf56

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #106
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15900

It's gained around 10 floors in around 30 days. Nothing too special.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

Dubai Skyscraper liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #107
Elster

Likes (Received): 1079

-------

Last edited by Elster; February 27th, 2014 at 01:54 AM.
Elster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 01:28 AM   #108
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

if not faster, i hope they will at least still have saved a lot more money, so the construction method is still a success or that there is a reason that the speed is just like this, maybe government regulation or anything. but yeah if it cannot provide any significant selling point, investors will not come and broad will not do easy marketing their product, because innovative and new things sell hard if they don't come with what they promised.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #109
hightower1
power of tower

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Hasn't there been a little thing called the chinese new year in there somewhere... a lot of construction sites in china stop for a couple of weeks.

I dont know if this site stopped or not, just questioning.. hard to tell unless we get daily updates. So how does the construction speed look then...maybe 10 floors in 18- 20 days.
Starting to look better

Lets see how much it grows this month

pteranodon liked this post
hightower1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 03:09 AM   #110
Сталин
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
And apparently you decided to ignore that I differentiate between buildings and towers. Their 20+ floor buildings were constructed with full speed, yes. But I am talking about the towers. A 20 or 30 floor building is not really a tall tower.
Btw, talking about credibility... why would you trust / believe anyone on the internet anyways? Especially when someone is stating his personal point of view?
They might speed up, or they have a delay which slowed them down on purpose. But anyway, it's good to experiment with new construction methods, if this works then it will be a revelation to construction of supertalls.

hightower1, pteranodon liked this post
Сталин no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #111
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

I'm pretty impressed. One of many Chinese innovations we will see in the years ahead.
BarbaricManchurian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 04:32 AM   #112
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

Quote:
You guys need to look closely at the January update. Its still not quite as tall as the side building. Now its way taller than the side building. I counted 15 floors and given the holiday I'm very impressed.

Munwon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #113
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

Quote:
But it speeded up alot. And 1 floor every 3 days is a good direction.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #114
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower1 View Post
Hasn't there been a little thing called the chinese new year in there somewhere... a lot of construction sites in china stop for a couple of weeks.

I dont know if this site stopped or not, just questioning.. hard to tell unless we get daily updates. So how does the construction speed look then...maybe 10 floors in 18- 20 days.
Starting to look better

Lets see how much it grows this month
That's actually a very good point. Chinese worker has only this one oportunity to rest and visit family hence chinese new year holidays affects all construction sites without exception. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a reason for slowing down. But lets see how it will perform in the coming month. Now we'll see what the real speed is.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #115
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

I'm pretty confident until now.

Old February 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #116
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2604

Not the lightning speed they promised, but not slow, either. The cladding looks pretty cool, by the way. I think it'll look a lot better than what I thought from seeing the render. Pleasant surprise.

droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #117
[email protected]
*may not be at home

Likes (Received): 1

Even if this doesn't speed up past 3 days/floor it's important to remember that the prefabricated components will make plumbing, electrics etc a relative breeze. If these buildings can't rise faster than their traditional counterparts then they'll still have an important selling point as they can be opened faster which means more profit for the developers.

I'm sure prefab towers like this will be a viable option either way.

a@homerightnow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #118
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2604

As someone said, they didn't really take the full 30 days for these ten new floors, some of that time was CNY vacation. So, while obviously not the blazing speed they bragged with, it is still very fast compared to regular towers.

pteranodon, hmmwv, KillerZavatar liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #119
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

And maybe they can increase the speed again. Will be interesting to watch!
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #120
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Ok I looked into it a bit closer now and I found out that Spring Festival which is a holiday season that begins at the new year eve at 31 January (in 2014) last for 15 days so it ended 14 February. The last update was posted on 25 January so it wasn't affected by holidays. After the last update there were 5 days left before the New year's eve. The new update z0rg posted is from 20 February so 6 days after Spring Festival ended. That makes total of 11 construction days, and that also means (in theory) that 1 floor was build in 1 day. Now if that is the pace they can keep for the most part of the construction and if it is the same technology they could use for the sky city that would mean they could top out the 200fl building (excluding spire and foundation) in 200 days. I say that isn't bad at all. And even if that could only work for supertals that's still quite impressive
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

TowerVerre:), pteranodon, hmmwv, Redzio liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
j57, j57 mini sky city, j57 skytown, no.3 broad road