daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 27th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #121
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2609

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
[...] Now if that is the pace they can keep for the most part of the construction and if it is the same technology they could use for the sky city that would mean they could top out the 200fl building (excluding spire and foundation) in 200 days. I say that isn't bad at all. And even if that could only work for supertals that's still quite impressive
Read my latest post above... do you actually believe they could apply the same construction pace on an 800m tall building?

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #122
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1657

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
I'm pretty impressed. One of many Chinese innovations we will see in the years ahead.
There is a lot more truth in that statement than many people realize.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #123
Dubai Skyscraper

Quote:
I'm pretty impressed. One of many Chinese innovations we will see in the years ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
Quote:
There is a lot more truth in that statement than many people realize.

Use of prefabricated steel pieces, World Trade Center NYC, 1970

J97 and the other buildings are surely a new generation in prefabricated construction works, but in no way an "innovation"
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #124
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

WTC took more than 5 years to construct. Quit being obtuse.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #125
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Some people just choose to ignore facts, haters gonna hate no matter what, keep arguing about it is a waste of time.

I'm pretty impressed with their speed too, the Chinese New Year holiday ended on the 14th so they did roughly ten floors in ten days.

hightower1 liked this post
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #126
Dubai Skyscraper

Quote:
WTC took more than 5 years to construct. Quit being obtuse.
After the foundations were done, the towers topped out within 2 1/2 years. You are the one being obtuse and narrow minded here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Some people just choose to ignore facts, haters gonna hate no matter what, keep arguing about it is a waste of time.

I'm pretty impressed with their speed too, the Chinese New Year holiday ended on the 14th so they did roughly ten floors in ten days.
Haters? Actually, I enjoy this project a lot, lol. I'm just trying to be objective here instead of building dream castles in the clouds.

Btw you guys are ignoring the facts, not me
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #127
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

keep in mind that some constructions didn't seem to really slow down much at all (eg: china chuneng tower) on chinese new year, while others stayed slow for even longer than that (eg: Wuhan Greenland Center). It is hard to just guess how many active days we got in that time, however if we say they didn't slow down at all over CNY, they still made a solid speed, so this project is really going forward and the next update whenever it will come will give us a better understanding of how well exactly it is coming along. Also like someone said that this method of construction also makes it easier to finish the building interior much faster as well makes me think that it might be done by the end of the year. After all even if it is only the current slowest speed (work over CNY) it would still top out quite a bit before the year is done.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #128
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
After the foundations were done, the towers topped out within 2 1/2 years. You are the one being obtuse and narrow minded here. Haters? Actually, I enjoy this project a lot, lol. I'm just trying to be objective here instead of building dream castles in the clouds. Btw you guys are ignoring the facts, not me
So reducing construction time from 2.5 years to less than a year isn't an "innovation"? You are the ignorant narrow-minded one here. Haters gonna hate.
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #129
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2607

It's not an innovation, but it's an improvement. They further perfected an existing principle and made it twice as efficient.

-edit- It's a nitpicky argument, but "innovation" comes from the Latin "novus" = "new", and Broad's technology is not exactly new, they just took an existing idea and made it better.

Dubai Skyscraper liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #130
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

That's what the word "invention" is for. Innovations can be inventions, or existing concepts that are vastly improved, such as tablets, smartphones, and high-speed rail.
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #131
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

does it really matter in the end though? if it works it will change so many things and make so many tall buildings possible for cheaper and faster that it will completely change the world of construction once established we can all agree that if this technology is one of the most exciting things to keep an eye out on, whatever terminology we prefer to use.

hightower1 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:21 PM   #132
Dubai Skyscraper

Quote:
So reducing construction time from 2.5 years to less than a year isn't an "innovation"? You are the ignorant narrow-minded one here. Haters gonna hate.
1970 vs. 2014. That's some 44 years of history, development and research in construction methods. Things go a lot faster nowadays, but it is still following the same principle.
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:21 PM   #133
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2607

@KillerZavatar
Yeah, I think it's awesome, too, I was just nitpicking that they're not actually doing something entirely new, they just upped the efficiency of pre-fab building construction. (Which in itself is impressive enough, especially for buildings of this size.)
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #134
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

We will see how it ends up, but prefab supertalls surely are an innovation, WTC was not built in a true prefab method, just had some prefab parts, so had a conventional speed. Huge difference.
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #135
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3420

http://www.broadusa.com/index.php/ne...-s-top-10-news
It seems like the slow construction speed in 2013 might have something to do with this:
Quote:
3. 97-storey Small Sky City Has Passed the Administrative Inspection Procedures on the Seismic Design of tall Buildings Beyond Code Limits (Dec.) This is a 220,000m2 building complex with residence, office, commerce, entertainment & sport functions. The building is equipped with super energy conservation technologies such as 200mm thermal insulation wall, 4-paned window, heat recovery fresh air machine, cooling, heating and power system. The building adopts super purification technologies like 100% fresh air, 99.9% PM2.5 filtration. Super white glass windows are to be used, and the viewing color remains unchanged. It will be the first super highrise in this world marked with “four-supers” of super energy conservation, super purification, super white glass and super height.
Its finally out of administrative limbo now

KillerZavatar liked this post
lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #136
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Read my latest post above... do you actually believe they could apply the same construction pace on an 800m tall building?
My believes have nothing to do with it. If they build it I will believe it. I said that IF the same elements and technique is used the pace should be similar. But there's still many if's there.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:48 AM   #137
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
After the foundations were done, the towers topped out within 2 1/2 years. You are the one being obtuse and narrow minded here.

" Groundbreaking for the construction of the World Trade Center took place on August 5, 1966. ... The ribbon cutting ceremony was on April 4, 1973. "
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_T...r#Construction

How much of the building was usable when it was topped out ?
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 01:18 AM   #138
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:

Haters? Actually, I enjoy this project a lot, lol. I'm just trying to be objective here instead of building dream castles in the clouds.

Btw you guys are ignoring the facts, not me
You are the one compared BSB's prefab building to the WTC, ignoring the fact that the latter is a built on site tower not unlike supertalls built today. Does it have all the components made in a factory, all utilities installed in modules, and shipped to site for final assembly only? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
It's not an innovation, but it's an improvement. They further perfected an existing principle and made it twice as efficient.

-edit- It's a nitpicky argument, but "innovation" comes from the Latin "novus" = "new", and Broad's technology is not exactly new, they just took an existing idea and made it better.
I think in that case nothing is innovative then, the 787 is just a improved 767, the iphone is just a improved LG Prada, the Model S is just a better Parker car from the 1800s. Yet all the above are broadly accepted as models of modern innovation.

Quote:
1970 vs. 2014. That's some 44 years of history, development and research in construction methods. Things go a lot faster nowadays, but it is still following the same principle.
Other supertalls built in the recent years using conventional technologies took just as long to build. The only thing that can change that picture is BSB's modular technology.
Old February 28th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #139
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

Old February 28th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #140
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1657

Fingers crossed on this one.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
j57, j57 mini sky city, j57 skytown, no.3 broad road