daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
ŧ Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 16th, 2017, 07:42 AM   #121
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likes (Received): 4402

Is it just me or is Shenzhen surpassing Shanghai in the long term? We have barely seen any new projects in Shanghai in recent year compared to Shanghai. Shenzhen continues to be China's most most innovative city and Shenzhen's economy is mostly private whereas Shanghai still has a huge state sector. Shenzhen's GDP per capita is much higher than Shanghai's for example.

noms78, z0rg, Zaz965, TowerVerre:) liked this post
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #122
Speechless.♥

Likes (Received): 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by VECTROTALENZIS View Post
Is it just me or is Shenzhen surpassing Shanghai in the long term? We have barely seen any new projects in Shanghai in recent year compared to Shanghai. Shenzhen continues to be China's most most innovative city and Shenzhen's economy is mostly private whereas Shanghai still has a huge state sector. Shenzhen's GDP per capita is much higher than Shanghai's for example.
To me thereīs no city in China that suprasing Shanghai, but of course, it depends on what exactli do you mean with "surpassing" and "long term". Iīm not economy expert, so I leave economy and compare the cities in modern architecture and their attractivity for tourists and citizens living here. To me Shanghai is Chinaīs best skyscrapers city, than comes Guangzhou and than Shenzhen. Shenzhen has only few supertall projects 400m+ (Pingan, Kingkey), which are barely comparable with Shanghai tower and Jinmao, but where are projects comparable with SWFC and Oriental pearl? Shanzhen has a lot of pawns (300m skyscrapers), but most of them (not all) look like boxes and their architectural value isnīt any excellent, they are not any contribution for worldīs architecture. On the other hand, Shanghai has a lot of 200m+ buildings with excellent designs. For example, itīs much better view of 250m building that looks like "Bank of Shanghai" than 388 building that looks like "Shum Yip upperhills"... It would had been great to have highest building in China and second tallest building in the world, but Pingan failed to be the one. Shenzhen needs some nice designed projects, weakly above 400m (401 - 415), instead of thousands of boxes with height weakly over 300. Thatīs just my opinion.

Last edited by Speechless.♥; April 29th, 2017 at 11:18 AM.
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #123
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2608

While you are comparing Shenzhen to Shanghai, the most beautiful supertall in the world is almost reaching its final height in Beijing, standing proud next to one of the world's most iconic skyscrapers...
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:05 AM   #124
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
Thank you for sharing your view. The mine is quite opposite. To me Shanghai is Chinaīs NO.1 skyscrapercity and most interesting supertalls power in PRC. The only city comparable with Shanghai is Guangzhou, when we take into account that 5 highest buildings in Guangzhou are a little bit taller than 5 highest buildings in Shanghai. On the other hand, supertall projects in SH has a little bit better designs than supertall projects in Guangzhou. To me it is draw. Shenzhen has only few supertall projects 400m+ (Pingan, Kingkey), which are barely comparable with Shanghai tower and Jinmao, but where are projects comparable with SWFC and Oriental pearl? Shanzhen has a lot of pawns (300m skyscrapers), but most of them (not all) look like boxes and their architectural value isnīt any excellent, they are not any contribution for worldīs architecture. On the other hand, Shanghai has a lot of 200m+ buildings with excellent designs. For example, itīs much better view of 250m building that looks like "Bank of Shanghai" than 388 building that looks like "Shum Yip upperhills"... It would had been great to have highest building in China and second tallest building in the world, but Pingan failed to be the one. Shenzhen needs some nice designed projects, weakly above 400m (401 - 415), instead of thousands of boxes with height weakly over 300. Thatīs just my opinion.
I meant more about economics and city power. A city's economic power is not determined by it's architecture, just look at NYC and Tokyo which consists of mostly boxes but are still one of the worlds most powerful cities.
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:04 PM   #125
oscillation

by 吴剑平
Wu Jianping

Old April 21st, 2017, 12:53 PM   #126
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is going up faster than Tianjin's Binhai district

TowerVerre:) liked this post
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 02:36 PM   #127
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6859

Are there any photos from the nearby hill (Dananshan) overlooking the entire area?

I took this photo in 2013 when the project was just starting to take off. Wonder what it looks like now. Really can't wait to go to Shenzhen and climb back there

Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #128
oscillation

by 吴剑平 Wu Jianping

Old April 29th, 2017, 11:43 AM   #129
Speechless.♥

Likes (Received): 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by VECTROTALENZIS View Post
I meant more about economics and city power. A city's economic power is not determined by it's architecture, just look at NYC and Tokyo which consists of mostly boxes but are still one of the worlds most powerful cities.
I donīt care much about Tokyo, their sky tree is really mega, but their economy growth was bellow 2% in 2016. But NY has excellent designs of buildings, maybe best designs in world. According to wiki. Shenzhen economy is really faster than economy in Shanghai, but Shanghaiīs economy is almost 1 trillion CNY bigger. I donīt believe Shenzhen will one day overtake Shanghai in GDP (Nominal), but it would be nice. However, I care more about architectural uprising of cities... That goes together with economy growth.
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 04:13 AM   #130
noms78

Likes (Received): 244

What is the name of the building immediately behind the blue formwork in this pic:

Pansori, Transhumanista liked this post
noms78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 05:17 AM   #131
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

That's one of the first buildings of this project. Really impressed with Shenzhen, what goes on in a year is just astonishing.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #132
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
That's one of the first buildings of this project. Really impressed with Shenzhen, what goes on in a year is just astonishing.
Just compare it with Tianjin...
Old May 5th, 2017, 12:04 AM   #133
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1812

by 浪迹一生
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 06:27 AM   #134
lukahead6
lukahead6

Likes (Received): 262

^ OH LORD HAVE MERCY

TowerVerre:), Justinos liked this post
lukahead6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #135
Pansori
planquadrat

Wow what an angle. Why haven't we seen photos from the same angle before?
Old May 5th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #136

more

Old May 5th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #137
Pansori
planquadrat

Those photos are quite something. Thanks for sharing them.
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:43 PM   #138
Justinos

Likes (Received): 3062

Shenzhen's truly becoming one of the best Skyscrapers city on the planet. From every angle, it looks almost like a different city every time. It's like there're 4 or 5 megacities inside Shenzhen. And that has a gorgeous feel to it.
Old May 5th, 2017, 10:40 PM   #139
iogeon

Likes (Received): 66

What is the long building in the foreground of these photos with the somewhat evenly spaced residential towers on a long linear podium? It looks to be nearly a mile long!
iogeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:16 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinos View Post
Shenzhen's truly becoming one of the best Skyscrapers city on the planet. From every angle, it looks almost like a different city every time. It's like there're 4 or 5 megacities inside Shenzhen. And that has a gorgeous feel to it.
Yep, Shenzhen will soon have five skylines and already has three (four if you count Qianhai): Luohu, Nanshan, Futian CBD, Qianhai and the new CBD at Shenzhen North Station.