4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Ali Ibraheem 
#1 ·
Iraq, Basra

Floor Count: 12-15

Designed by: SP Design Office

See less See more
#2 ·
NOOOO!!!!

this HQ is a perfect excuse to build a proper tower in Basra.

Make it 60 floors!!

have the building include the following:

-Offices of the southern oil Company
-Public offices and meeting rooms
-Hotel apartments for visitors
-many restaurants and cafes for staff and visitors
-nursery for the staff's small children
-a shopping arcade for staff
-A club and gym with pools for the staff built in.
-8 floors of car parking space

There's enough there to fill up a good 60 floor multi-use office block for the Southern Oil Company HQ. and for once it will actually be USEFUL!!!

#3 ·
I don't think this is official, I never heard anything about a new headquarters. This is probably done by some designer as a personal effort.

The former director general of SOC, fayadh hasan nima had an idea of making a 30+ floor tower in the shape of a drilling rig, he was moved to baghdad soon after that.

SOC is never serious about building anything new, they only are serious about wasting or stealing money.

i.e. this will never be built.

#4 ·
The news of building a new HQ for SOC was surfacing here n there fr a while now.

But a while ago. The page of (دعم البصرة عاصمة العراق الاقتصادية) posted an official confirmation about this project. But it had no render. Now I got this render.

And about having a 60 floors tower surrounded by 2 floor houses is not gonna happen. So fr me, I would be happy if this project went ahead n I'm not expecting anything bigger in the mean time.

#7 ·
Inshallah they will build it. They have the money n I don't see why they wouldn't. As for this whole project creditability issue... It's a proposal, I didn't say it's approved or U/C. So we will wait for a confirmation. Just like any other proposed project thread.

And about the design, I think it's nice n sexy design. Even thou we were all hoping fr something bigger. But this design is not a disappointment at all.

Hahahaha basrawii after u came to Basra u started doubting everything :D. And I can't blame u fr that. The situation is a disaster but if we loose hope then we will end up with nothing. At least we can dream fr now ;)

#10 ·
The design is more than sexy, eco-friendly too by the look of it (ironic considering its an oil company).

Hopefully this gets built, would be great addition to the Basra skyline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.