daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15932

SHENZHEN | Qianhai Financial Center | 300m | 984ft | 261m | 856ft | 200m | 656ft | 187m | 614ft | 147m | 482ft | Prep

Qianhai Integrated Transportation Hub

Large urban design project in a planned special economic zone

The architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp) have been commissioned with the design of a new urban development project on a 45 hectare site in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen. It comprises a transportation hub including five underground railway stations, a border control point and numerous commercial areas. Above ground there will be a range of tower blocks of different heights with apartments, shops and offices to form multi-functional city quarters.

The new “Qianhai Integrated Transportation Hub” will be intersected by major north-south and east-west transport axes. The development will feature a variety of urban spaces and a structure with a diverse range of buildings. The tower blocks – with heights ranging between 200 and 280 metres, including one landmark building of 450 metres – form an impressive skyline, and will give this area between the coast and the centre of Shenzhen an unmistakable character. While the traffic above ground will consist of bus and taxi transport, as well as pedestrian routes, the major function of the transport hub will be below ground – combining underground lines and local and regional train stations – linking Shenzhen with its neighbouring cities.

The site is located in the centre of the new urban development area at Qianhai Bay to the east of Shenzhen. It is part of the new special economic area which is being planned by China in the Pearl River Delta. The intention is to create a new type of finance centre that is directly connected to Hong Kong and benefits from special financial and tax rights for trade in Chinese currency. In the longer term, the new special economic zone will be part of an incomparably large metropolis linking the already extremely dense agglomeration of Hong Kong/Shenzhen/Guangzhou to form one continuous conurbation.

International competition 2013 – 1st prize
Design Meinhard von Gerkan and Stephan Schütz with Nicolas Pomränke
Project Management Jens Weiler, Martin Gänsicke
Design Team Clemens Kampermann, George Liang, Johannes Erdmann, Boyan Kolchakov, Cheng Huang, Slava Savova, Amelie Kulassek, Christian Machnacki, Ji Xu, Wei Qin, Zhicong Chen, Jan Deml, Bin Zhou, Thilo Zehme, Niklas Veelken, Jing Xue
Client Shenzhen Metro Group Ltd.

http://www.gmp-architekten.com/news/...omic-zone.html

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

TowerVerre:), CP11, jackedi07, yeisson, Zaz965 liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #2
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

i know the towers are just concept, but the fact that there is another tower looking the same as the main tower but smaller is still pretty interesting. also it looks like we will get 12 buildings in total of a height over 200m if those in the middle are the tower blocks which are supposed to range from 200m to 280m, hopefully all over 200m. if the main towers design is not conceptual currently and it stays like that i am also good with it, it is a solid design, nothing too special, but a big atrium in the middle which makes it interesting. not a crazy design makes me happy since we can expect a lot more extremely tall projects in the area and then i rather have many simple designs and few crazy instead of many crazy ones.

TowerVerre:), Zaz965 liked this post
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #3
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1818

Isn't it bad news that all the towers are "only" 200m+? In your list you expect 15 supertalls z0rg, aren't a few of these 15 located in that area so that we can expect less. The 450m tower is good news
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #4
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

this is only a small part of the qianhai area

Old December 26th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #5

True
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #6
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

This is less than 10% of Qianhai

Old December 27th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #7
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

is there an overview map of at least the different areas of qianhai? doesn't have to be a real plot layout since it is such an early development still.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #8
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

No idea, but the whole area is huge, there must be hundreds of plots.

Old December 27th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #9
Ivanator
El Psy Congroo

Likes (Received): 482

So many supertalls and skyscrapers in general planned for Shenzhen... it's crazy!
Ivanator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
This is less than 10% of Qianhai
At 15 expected supertalls, 1 supertall for 10% of the area would be bad news, especially if we think about that this is a quiet important area with many high buildings in the concept (according to the video). On the other hand the supertall is 450m tall, and this is quiet tall.... And so many 250m+ towers are nice too.
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #11
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

i suppose the biggest bulk of the supertall would be in the core area of qianhai with a megatall. the currently conceptual qianhai tower which we set at maybe a candidate for 800m would be that main cluster tower. but then again it is rather hard to know how it will turn out in the end. this is a good start however, even if it only is one supertall, it is a big one

Old December 27th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #12
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Actually even if they didn't build any supertall in Qianhai I don't care anymore after seeing Baishizhou and Shenwan areas

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #13
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

but qianhai can still give us a 800m monster, which would be like the cherry on top of the cake, the cake being masses of supertalls all over the city.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #14

Baishizhou is very longterm and I think it is very conceptual and unsure that it gets build... If it doesn't starts in 2014 like they said in the video I will have not much hope in the project if I am honest. I mean 8 supertalls and a megatall financed by one company? Correct me if I am wrong but this is too good to be true. I don't know what to think of Shenwan, but if this really gets built it will sure be amazing and the hights of the Shenwan towers are minimum and maximum hights of the buildings which can be build on the plots from different companies so I am optimistic. But I ever found Qianhai the most fascinating and most likely project to get realized. I really hope for the 15 supertalls and I think that it is not so unlikely since the special economic conditions. And 1,2 or 3 megatalls would be great too, but not very likely I think (?).
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #15
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6882

Shenzhen is just starting its boom, Qianhai is the only project we knew of more than 2 years ago, so now it is really starting up, and the others will follow, don't you worry
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:56 AM   #16
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerVerre:) View Post
Baishizhou is very longterm and I think it is very conceptual and unsure that it gets build... If it doesn't starts in 2014 like they said in the video I will have not much hope in the project if I am honest. I mean 8 supertalls and a megatall financed by one company? Correct me if I am wrong but this is too good to be true. I don't know what to think of Shenwan, but if this really gets built it will sure be amazing and the hights of the Shenwan towers are minimum and maximum hights of the buildings which can be build on the plots from different companies so I am optimistic. But I ever found Qianhai the most fascinating and most likely project to get realized. I really hope for the 15 supertalls and I think that it is not so unlikely since the special economic conditions. And 1,2 or 3 megatalls would be great too, but not very likely I think (?).
I agree But don't underestimate Lvjing, there are many developers building many supertalls at once. Lvjing just wants to build all of them in the same area, haha. They want their own CBD, just like China Oceanwide in Wuhan.

Old December 27th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #17
lepringlesface
bringer of sprolening's

Likes (Received): 20

If only half of the towers proposed in Shenzhen get actually built - I don't know either. It's crazy anyhow.

Does someone have a list of the U/C's and proposed buildings in the whole Pearl River Delta area? (Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Macao, Guangzhou and so on)
The rapid development would be interesting to look at.
lepringlesface no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #18
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepringlesface View Post
If only half of the towers proposed in Shenzhen get actually built - I don't know either. It's crazy anyhow.

Does someone have a list of the U/C's and proposed buildings in the whole Pearl River Delta area? (Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Macao, Guangzhou and so on)
The rapid development would be interesting to look at.
Check
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1686811

Old December 27th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #19
Puppetgeneral

Likes (Received): 422

Great List Zorg
Puppetgeneral no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #20
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

Very interesting master plan design, lovely and beautiful buildings!

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote