daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 12th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #101
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriatuus View Post
The A4 project is ready from Vila Real (Parada de Cunhos) to the Spanish Border, last openings occuring in 2013
I know .

Quote:
the Padronelo to Vila Real (Parada de Cunhos) is suspended, more or less 60% is already built, and the government promised to begin works again in 2014 to finish it in 2015.
Well, what they've planned in 2013 for 2014 will be outdated in 2015 .

Quote:
As to the A26 I believe only the first section in building, São Torpes to Santo André, is to be fully duplicated, the rest is to open for now as an 2x1 expressway. All the projects building began in 2009/2010.
All sections are u/c but only the first will feature 2x2? All other sections will feature 1 carriageway with space-reservation for a 2nd carriageway?

Are there other expressway currently u/c in Portugal (and what's about Spain)?
MichiH no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #102
Viriatuus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
All sections are u/c but only the first will feature 2x2? All other sections will feature 1 carriageway with space-reservation for a 2nd carriageway?
Yes. And not only space reservation, some bridges/viaducts are already built with 2x2 features.

Quote:
Are there other expressway currently u/c in Portugal
One more, yes. Bur only 1 km of length. It is the conclusion of the A25 at the border. This section of the motorway was to be built simultaneously with the last section of the Spanish A62. As this will be launched this year it would probably be launched, too. There are quite a number of other projects but I doubt that any will be launched in 2014.

Quote:
(and what's about Spain)?
Many... at least compared to Portugal. But it would be better someone else to speak about them.
Old January 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #103
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

After I had looked to your list I thought that there must be more than 2 ongoing Austrian projects. So I took a look on asfinag.at and found 4 more projects.

The first 3 is on A9 ( 1; 2(the 2nd tunnel has already opened here but now they are renowating the 1st, I don't know if it counts or not); 3 ), where they are building the 2nd tunnel tubes / carriageways.
The 4th is on S36 which seems to be U/C to me, at least according to this page.

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering

MichiH liked this post
Falusi no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #104
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I want to create a list of all u/c new motorways and expressways. Widening projects are not included. The list will be frequently updated.
I see the danger of thread-creep here. (There's already a motorway openings thread.)

Quote:
As a first step I only want to include all European projects.
Of course. This is SSC

(And they say Americans are provincial....) (rolleyes)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #105
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
I see the danger of thread-creep here. (There's already a motorway openings thread.)
No. The other thread contains happened openings only. This thread contains all ongoing constructions and happened projects. I think the other thread is not well-arranged (no overview/summary).

Quote:
Of course. This is SSC
(And they say Americans are provincial....) (rolleyes)
FIRST step. I know a lot about European motorways but practically nothing about other countries. I cannot create a list for other countries - least of all now - but if anyone (for instance you for US projects) collects all required data I will add them to the list!

It's your turn. Get up off your butt and create a list .

btw: I've called the thread "New motorways". Chris has recently renamed it...

JackFrost liked this post
MichiH no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #106
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18771

Quote:
That's a simple rededication:

A448: rededication AD Bochum-West – AS Altenbochum (West) 12 7,8km (2017) - projectmap
Well, I thought these kind of projects should have a different category so that they can be distinguished more easily. But it's your thread, your rules

So, as I wrote, this one is an upgrade of existing 2x3 road:
S8: Warsaw-Powazkowska – Warsaw-Modlinska 12 4.6km (October 2013 to October 2015)

Also there is one more upgrade going on

A6:
Szczecin-Tczewska - bridge over Chełszcząca river 12 0.6km (October 2013 to June 2014) - project - map
Kemo no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #107
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
FIRST step. I know a lot about European motorways but practically nothing about other countries. I cannot create a list for other countries - least of all now - but if anyone (for instance you for US projects) collects all required data I will add them to the list!

It's your turn. Get up off your butt and create a list .

Didn't, and don't, mean to start a fight, but your initial post limited this to Europe. Just like the "Scenic Roads in Europe" thread is (by definition) limited to Europe. And Guess the Highways tends to focus on places within a day's drive of, say, Prague. Hence my snark about "this is SSC."

And what countries you are personally familiar with is irrelevant given that you were asking for contributions from others. But my contributions about a non-European country would have been - again by your conditions - unwelcome.

That said, whether I'm on my butt or not and what I'm doing while on it (or not on it) are none of your business. I opened the thread (for this first time) thinking "what's this about?" and saw the Europe only, in red yet, and reacted reasonably.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #108
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Well, I thought these kind of projects should have a different category so that they can be distinguished more easily. But it's your thread, your rules
Well, I adopted the rules from autobahn-online.de. It is a new Autobahn.

Quote:
So, as I wrote, this one is an upgrade of existing 2x3 road:
S8: Warsaw-Powazkowska – Warsaw-Modlinska 12 4.6km (October 2013 to October 2015)
Ok. I will remove it.

Quote:
A6: Szczecin-Tczewska - bridge over Chełszcząca river 12 0.6km (October 2013 to June 2014) - project - map
I don't get it. There are already 2 carriageways under service, aren't they
MichiH no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #109
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
You stated in the first post you only wanted to do Europe at this time

Which I think is already a huge challenge to keep up-to-date. Making a list is one thing, keeping it up-to-date another

It's no secret that Highways & Autobahns has heavy European presence, but less from other parts of the world. I wish there would be more input from other continents.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #110
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18771

Quote:
Ok. I will remove it.
Then I probably don't get what does "rededication" mean?

Quote:
What about one more category:
22 = upgrade of an existing dual carriageway to motorway standard
?
Quote:
That's a simple rededication

Quote:
I don't get it. There are already 2 carriageways under service, aren't they
Yes, but not motorway standard - they are missing hard shoulders/emergency lanes.
Kemo no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #111
MichiH

Quote:
Then I probably don't get what does "rededication" mean?
Hmmmm.....

Quote:
Yes, but not motorway standard - they are missing hard shoulders/emergency lanes.
That does not count. There are many motorways w/o hard shoulders but still motorways (especially in Germany...).
MichiH no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #112
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Which I think is already a huge challenge to keep up-to-date. Making a list is one thing, keeping it up-to-date another
No. It is hard to get the information to keep it up-to-date . The currentness depends on keeping (the international sector of) SSC up-to-date.

Quote:
It's no secret that Highways & Autobahns has heavy European presence, but less from other parts of the world. I wish there would be more input from other continents.
I am sure that not every country of the world will get part of the list. But if anyone wants to have its country being part of the list and gives all required add... I will add it .
MichiH no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #113
MichiH

Quote:
but your initial post limited this to Europe.
My intention is to create a complete list. I've started with a list of "extended Central Europe" which I am familiar (w/o NL, UK, DK, N, GR,...). The list has grown and comprises almost all European counties in the meantime (not bad for an existence of two weeks only)!

Quote:
And what countries you are personally familiar with is irrelevant given that you were asking for contributions from others.
I am focused on a manageable amout of countries as a FIRST STEP. Rome wasn't built in a day and a complete list like that is not created in two weeks only. I am trying to do it step by step. I hope I can complete the European list within the next two weeks (Spain, Italy and Finland will be a challenge). Unfortunaly I have to check all data provided by other users and I usually have to modify them (as I also had to do with the NL list of Chris and the PL list of Kemo who are accurate experts).

Quote:
But my contributions about a non-European country would have been - again by your conditions - unwelcome.
Don't be huffy! They are welcome!

Quote:
I opened the thread (for this first time) thinking "what's this about?" and saw the Europe only, in red yet, and reacted reasonably.
I've already removed the red note (hoping not to get questions why the list currently contains European projects only). I will ask Chris to rename the thread after I got data of the first non-European country .
MichiH no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #114
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

When you get to China you'll never end .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

crimio, mpeculea, MichiH liked this post
CNGL no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #115
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
My intention is to create a complete list. I've started with a list of "extended Central Europe" which I am familiar (w/o NL, UK, DK, N, GR,...). The list has grown and comprises almost all European counties in the meantime (not bad for an existence of two weeks only)!

I am focused on a manageable amout of countries as a FIRST STEP. Rome wasn't built in a day and a complete list like that is not created in two weeks only. I am trying to do it step by step. I hope I can complete the European list within the next two weeks (Spain, Italy and Finland will be a challenge). Unfortunaly I have to check all data provided by other users and I usually have to modify them (as I also had to do with the NL list of Chris and the PL list of Kemo who are accurate experts).

Don't be huffy! They are welcome!

I've already removed the red note (hoping not to get questions why the list currently contains European projects only). I will ask Chris to rename the thread after I got data of the first non-European country .
Sorry, it wasn't clear to me you were actually taking responsibility for managing the project (checking others' data and so on). In which case, making it manageable is perfectly reasonable.

Apologize if I was a bit ornery. (But I'm more an observer than an expert on these things - Chris seems to know more about what's going on in the U.S. outside the Northeast than I do - so I'm not going to commit to a comprehensive list of things here.)

Peace.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL

MichiH liked this post
Old January 14th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #116
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2111

I'm unsure why Italy has still the "no data available" label. Let me try and help:

A1 var: La Quercia-Aglio 12 37km (2004 to 2015) - project - map
A1 var: Aglio-Barberino 2 6km (2004 to 2015) - project - map

A31: Albettone/Barbarano-Badia Polesine 12 38km (September 2005 - to December 2014) - project - map

A35: Brescia-Pozzuolo Martesana 12 62km (summer 2009 - summer 2014) -project - map

A36: Cassano Magnago-Lomazzo 12 15km (Feb 2010 - 2014) -project - map
A36: Morazzone-Cantello 11,6km (2010-2014) -project - map
A36: Casnate con Bernate-Como 12 9,4km (2010-2014) -project - map
A36: Lomazzo-Lentate sul Seveso 12 7.5km (Oct 2012 - 2015) -project - map

A58: Pozzuolo Martesana-Comazzo 12 7km (Jun 2012 - summer 2014) -project - map
A58: Ornate- Pozzuolo Martesana 12 15 km (2012-2015) -project - map
A58: Comazzo-Cerro al Lambro 12 10 km (2012-2015) -project - map
g.spinoza no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #117
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

A12 Tarquinia - Civitavecchia 16,5 km

Are there works ongoing on the missing part of the Corda Molle (A21 racc) in Brescia?
Are there U\C stretches on the A33 Asti - Cuneo?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #118
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I'm unsure why Italy has still the "no data available" label.
Lack of time... Lack of detailed information... A lot of other countries with less ongoing projects which could easily been checked... A modicum of hope that anyone could provide a detailed list prior I would try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Let me try and help:
Thanks of lot . Is this list complete or are there also other projects u/c? What's about "expressways" (I've recently lowered the conditions for admittance to the list)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Pedemontana Veneta Montecchio Maggiore - Spresiano 95km
SS76 Fabriano - Fossato di Vico
SS77 Camerino - Foligno
SS106 "Jonica" several parts between Policoro and Reggio Calabria, don't know where works are currently ongoing
SS626 Caltanissetta - Agrigento 59km (some parts already open)
MichiH no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #119
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
(But I'm more an observer than an expert on these things - Chris seems to know more about what's going on in the U.S. outside the Northeast than I do - so I'm not going to commit to a comprehensive list of things here.)
I know mostly the larger projects. I get the rest from news.google.com, but can't make a complete list at this time. Also, it would take too much time to update all projects every time there is a change in the deadline. I often don't get any info on projects until they open to traffic.

The most difficult projects to follow are those that are reconstructions of an existing road, for example upgrading a divided highway into a true freeway. This often happens with traffic being on it all the time, so there isn't much of an "opening to traffic".

Another issue is the way how smaller projects are often contracted, with separate deals for each component, rather than a single deal. It's not uncommon to first see some grading, then engineering objects (bridges) and then paving, all in separate contracts, sometimes spaced apart to await funding. Toll road projects are the easiest to follow because they generate a lot of media attention.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #120
MichiH

Quote:
I know mostly the larger projects. I get the rest from news.google.com, but can't make a complete list at this time. Also, it would take too much time to update all projects every time there is a change in the deadline. I often don't get any info on projects until they open to traffic.
I am updating my German project lists since about four years. It is really difficult to get postponed completion dates and keep my lists (online: new motorways and expressways; offline: all BVWP projects plus 2+1 widening) up-to-date - especially widening projects.
But I think it is better to have some out-dated data (for instance estimated completion date already passed) instead of excluding projects b/c there is a risk of inaccuracy.
If anyone would send me a private message with a link to a news article (copy the link tooks less than one minute) I would update the list. But I am prefering if anyone would copy the link to the country's thread and summarize the updated information (which project, new deadline, reason for delay).
MichiH no está en línea  

Closed Thread