daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:39 AM   #201
didu
Lord of the Ring

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytler
there's a saying in India, "chor chor mausere bhai", meaning theives are cousin by default. So friends, right! I am so waiting to see Renminbi flowing in India.
the flow of money must be mutual, so i'd expect to see my rupees to flow from
india to china if you want rmbs to flow from china to india.

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:45 AM   #202
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by didu
i see you've once again tiptoed around my simple question -- can i ever get a
straight answer from you?
You got one. Hence why you responded to me!

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Quote:
once again, you amazed me with your simplisitic way of thinking, well done!

i believe a more accurate way to describe jealousy is that "if i have something
that you want but cannot get, you will be jealous of me". you can be the richest
person in the world, but if i lived a much more happier life than you did, or
if my wife was 1000 times hotter than yours, then you would probably be
jealous of me. does that make any sense?
The wealthy West has nothing to be jealous about in China.

Period.

We are wealthier, more diverse, more powerful, and more democratic. The one thing we lack is as long and continuous civilization, of which China with its 5.000 years there is no match.

China will be wealthy and powerful as it was once was one day. Take a chill pill and quit pretending to be something that at the moment that you are not.
DonQui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:59 AM   #203
Minotaur

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I thought chinese were white, no Thats not a good "cohesion", you know..

Never heard anyone consider Chinese as white. Never heard a white see a Chinese as white. Indians certainly don't since they're always trying to point out to Westerners how different Chinese are from Westerners and Indians in order to try to get an edge. I've heard Indians call themselves white. Which is absolutely bizarre! Good thing the Chinese don't know their place in anyone's caste system. Who else is going to piss-off the people who think they deserve more in this world simply because of belief in their own superiority?
Minotaur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:04 AM   #204
didu
Lord of the Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQui
You got one. Hence why you responded to me!
i responded by asking you why you didn't answer my question.

Quote:
The wealthy West has nothing to be jealous about in China.

Period.

We are wealthier, more diverse, more powerful, and more democratic. The one thing we lack is as long and continuous civilization, of which China with its 5.000 years there is no match.
i see you tiptoed around my explaination again by saying something totally
irrelevant. no one's ever said the west was not wealthier than china -- that's
never a question. the question is why people from the west always bash china
every time that china makes some sort of achievement. the chinese believe it's
jealousy because china, even though being poorer than the west, now has
something the west doesn't. you don't understand this logic?

Quote:
China will be wealthy and powerful as it was once was one day.
you can take that to the bank.

Quote:
Take a chill pill and quit pretending to be something that at the moment that you are not.
i think you guys need that pill much more than we do, after all, we are not the
ones bashing china in every opportunity and every occasion.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:08 AM   #205
DonQui
BANNED

My how dandy that ignore function is. ^_^

Let's me read the forum without having to read the tripe from intelligent people that unfortunately have warped thoughts that I don't have time for.

Last edited by DonQui; May 2nd, 2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:15 AM   #206
Tintin27

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
funny i don't see any mention of india in those two articles ... and as you've
offered no proof for your chinese-copying-indian-car allegation, i have to
conclude that you are a liar.

oh, speaking of indian piracy, well, i guess you guys are no better than china
in the eyes of americans:

India on US Priority Watch List again
REad the link below those ones u saw.... Those above links shows howmuch they copy designs from leading manufacturers in the world, not just from indian context.. Thats breaching the Copyright ACt, something which is followed by most countries around the world
Tintin27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:37 AM   #207
didu
Lord of the Ring

Quote:
My how dandy that ignore function is. ^_^

Let's me read the forum without having to read the tripe from intelligent people that unfortunately have warped thoughts that I don't have time for.

ignorance is a bliss, what can i say!!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:27 PM   #208
JD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur
Never heard anyone consider Chinese as white. Never heard a white see a Chinese as white. Indians certainly don't since they're always trying to point out to Westerners how different Chinese are from Westerners and Indians in order to try to get an edge. I've heard Indians call themselves white. Which is absolutely bizarre! Good thing the Chinese don't know their place in anyone's caste system. Who else is going to piss-off the people who think they deserve more in this world simply because of belief in their own superiority?

Indian people calling themselve white? Thats cool right!

Anyway chinese are different from europeans, no? I mean their look, language, culture..there is no similarity. So is true for all asians. Anyway as you seem to have funny definition of "white", you can call me white

And it's bad that you don't know your place in caste system. Who knows what shit you might get in next life, no?

Anyway, I had hard time reading your angry post, you non-white chinese guy. So consider this white guys request and try to write less and more clear.
JD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:29 PM   #209
JD
BANNED

Quote:
the flow of money must be mutual, so i'd expect to see my rupees to flow from
india to china if you want rmbs to flow from china to india.

But you guys are many times richer than us. For every 1 dollar we peddle you guys can put 10.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM   #210
didu
Lord of the Ring

being rich doesn't make it necessary to throw money away.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:14 PM   #211
Minotaur

Quote:
Indian people calling themselve white? Thats cool right!

Anyway chinese are different from europeans, no? I mean their look, language, culture..there is no similarity. So is true for all asians. Anyway as you seem to have funny definition of "white", you can call me white

And it's bad that you don't know your place in caste system. Who knows what shit you might get in next life, no?

Anyway, I had hard time reading your angry post, you non-white chinese guy. So consider this white guys request and try to write less and more clear.

You're the one that seems to be very angry since you've completely misinterpreted my state. Also everytime you see Indians posting in threads that have to with China, it's always about anger and envy. Learn to read if you don't understand. I never said I see Indians as white. I said I've heard Indians call themselves white. BIG DIFFERENCE! That's why I laugh at delusion like that. Just like the delusion of rewriting and misinterpreting what I stated to make one's self feel superior.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:47 PM   #212
financial way

Likes (Received): 2

haha, some weak men try to bash china but have to tasty their pieces of shit first...
financial way no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:56 PM   #213
financial way

Likes (Received): 2

people from far more poorer, smaller and weaker country more like to bash china..

haha..
i don't know why...
financial way no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:44 PM   #214
JD
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur

You're the one that seems to be very angry since you've completely misinterpreted my state. Also everytime you see Indians posting in threads that have to with China, it's always about anger and envy. Learn to read if you don't understand. I never said I see Indians as white. I said I've heard Indians call themselves white. BIG DIFFERENCE! That's why I laugh at delusion like that. Just like the delusion of rewriting and misinterpreting what I stated to make one's self feel superior.

Stick to Mandarin. Your english comprehension skill sucks. And don't mind my "livid" face, I was born that way. And it seems you hear too much. Try picking "only mandarin" words because I see, you are no good at english.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:45 PM   #215
JD
BANNED

Quote:
being rich doesn't make it necessary to throw money away.

Countries much smarter, richer and better managed than China don't think putting money into India is like throwing it away. Ah well, they must all be jealous too.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:46 PM   #216
Minotaur

Quote:
Stick to Mandarin. Your english comprehension skill sucks. And don't mind my "livid" face, I was born that way. And it seems you hear too much. Try picking "only mandarin" words because I see, you are no good at english.
Is that perfect English skills? Your english is as good as listening to customer service calls from India... big waste of time and nothing ever gets done.

I know... people with major inferiority complexes are always livid watching the world pass them by. LOL!!!!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:58 PM   #217
Minotaur

Quote:
Countries much smarter, richer and better managed than China don't think putting money into India is like throwing it away. Ah well, they must all be jealous too.
Then I guess it says something when China gets 10 times more FDI than India. And what does it say with all the "advantages" India supposedly has over China, it still lags far behind China. LOL!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:29 AM   #218
luv2bebrown

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB
"to expect non-democratic poor states to run before they can walk is unreasonable."

Which is why maglevs are so important eh?

Yep, I'm just sit'n here wish'n Parkdale had it's own maglev...preferably directly from my house to Bachus Roti.

You guys are hilarious.

KGB
so what do you expect them to do? build a stone-cobbled road for horses and carts? send wooden sailboats to various countries around the world, colonize them, enslave their populations, force them to farm cash crops, import the capital and use the capital to develop their infrastructure? should they start using planes made with paper and balsa wood and wait 100 years before they start using an A380? what is your deal?

you are criticizing this country for developing in the same way that Western countries developed - the only difference is they are usign modern technology. When the west expanded their rail networks, they used steam engines. This is not the 19th century anymore, it makes sense for them to use the latest technology available. Perhaps even by mastering maglev technology they will have a product that can be exported internationally.

your ethnocentrism is ridiculous
luv2bebrown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:39 AM   #219
DonQui
BANNED

Can I get an AMEN!

HmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMm

Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:13 AM   #220
KGB

Likes (Received): 48

"what is your deal? "

Well, here's my deal.

First of all, even you must be able to detect a slight amount of humour somewhere in there...I decided to make it slightly more obvious in my last post.

Second, rather than the jealousy too many people seem to rationalize as an excuse...it's simply I find the priorities out of wack....I mean, if people are starving in your country, or having various other serious fundemental difficulties, it should be the responsibility of the government, especially a communist one, to take care of those things first, before trying to impress the world with spending vast sums on things like maglevs or a space program. It's all just posturing, at the expense of those most vulnerable, whom you are supposed to be taking care of.

In a more developed country with a democratic-free enterprise system, the government looks after certain basic responsibilities of society, and free enterprise looks after things like keeping the economy running and "maglevs" (maglevs is used as a catch-all term to describe developing new technology not yet practical for mass use).

"Can I get an AMEN! "

Ah...you are just harbouring ill feelings from some past run-in. Ya big grudge holder.

KGB
KGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote