daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 1st, 2016, 07:13 PM   #661
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramwayman View Post
And you pointed out all this for what?
Rubber tires have nothing to do with climbing or turning speed.

CRRC is copying everything from Europe, all the trams they have and produce are licensed copies of European manufacturers.

Now they started to copy Translohr-GLT mixed thing. Which itself is completely useless mode of transportation, needs more power, damages the asphalt and concrete because of running all the time on the same spot. While derailing causes chaos, cause when trams derail they get stuck in asphalt or ground, this thing having no steer wheel and having rubber tires once derailing runs until hits something, a building or cars.

Rubber tired trams as French call them have absolutely no future.

There are racing, summer and winter rubber tires. Steel?

And rubber is quieter. I can imagine the CRRC rubber tire tram in this setting:

It looks like the CRRC learned from the mistakes and came up with a better design. That bothers you ?

Zaz965, dbhaskar liked this post
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2016, 08:05 PM   #662
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Likes (Received): 529

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyridgeline View Post
There are racing, summer and winter rubber tires. Steel?

And rubber is quieter. I can imagine the CRRC rubber tire tram in this setting:

It looks like the CRRC learned from the mistakes and came up with a better design. That bothers you ?

A rubber is quieter?

I do not know what you imagine that is really not important, as well as CRRC cheap Chinese technic.

CRRC learned? What did they learn? how did you decide it is better design? The rubber tired tram they introduced uses the same rubber tire system as translohr but the guidance system is the same failing system from Bombardier GLT with straight angle rollers which tend to derail constantly and damages a lot. Translohr has a lot better guiding system and even it is not perfect. But Chinese are not allowed to copy it it is proprietary system.

Rubber tired tram has no advantage to conventional trams.

But as I see you are comparing trams with buses and I do not know why, this two modes of transportation have very different capacity and must be used the same way.

Zaz965 liked this post
Tramwayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 10:35 PM   #663
subbotazh

Likes (Received): 325

China's first independently designed supercapacitor tram rolls off the production line at the CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co., Ltd in Zhuzhou, central China's Hunan Province, Aug. 1, 2016. The tram uses supercapacitor energy storage to operate without external wires and can be fully charged during a 30-second stop and run for 3 to 5 kilometers. The tram can carry up to 380 passengers and travel at 70 kilometers per hour. It also uses a low-floor design, making boarding easy for children, pregnant women and the elderly. (Xinhua/Long Hongtao)

CHANGSHA, Aug. 1 (Xinhua) -- China's first independently designed supercapacitor tram rolled off the production line in central China's Hunan Province Monday.

The tram uses supercapacitor energy storage to operate without external wires and can be fully charged during a 30-second stop and run for 3 to 5 kilometers, according to Engineer-in-Chief Suo Jianguo with Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co. under CRRC Corporation Ltd, the country's largest rolling-stock maker.

The tram can carry up to 380 passengers and travel at 70 kilometers per hour. It also uses a low-floor design, making boarding easy for children, pregnant women and the elderly.

"This is the first time all the technology, even the spare parts, are independently provided by China," according to Suo. The tram runs on clean energy and can reuse 85 percent of the energy regenerated from braking.

Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., based in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province, developed the first light rail train using supercapacitor energy storage technology in August 2012.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...35555582_2.htm

dimlys1994, Zaz965 liked this post
subbotazh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 12:05 AM   #664
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbotazh View Post

China's first independently designed supercapacitor tram rolls off the production line at the CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co., Ltd in Zhuzhou, central China's Hunan Province, Aug. 1, 2016. The tram uses supercapacitor energy storage to operate without external wires and can be fully charged during a 30-second stop and run for 3 to 5 kilometers. The tram can carry up to 380 passengers and travel at 70 kilometers per hour. It also uses a low-floor design, making boarding easy for children, pregnant women and the elderly. (Xinhua/Long Hongtao)

CHANGSHA, Aug. 1 (Xinhua) -- China's first independently designed supercapacitor tram rolled off the production line in central China's Hunan Province Monday.

The tram uses supercapacitor energy storage to operate without external wires and can be fully charged during a 30-second stop and run for 3 to 5 kilometers, according to Engineer-in-Chief Suo Jianguo with Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co. under CRRC Corporation Ltd, the country's largest rolling-stock maker.

The tram can carry up to 380 passengers and travel at 70 kilometers per hour. It also uses a low-floor design, making boarding easy for children, pregnant women and the elderly.

"This is the first time all the technology, even the spare parts, are independently provided by China," according to Suo. The tram runs on clean energy and can reuse 85 percent of the energy regenerated from braking.

Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., based in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province, developed the first light rail train using supercapacitor energy storage technology in August 2012.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...35555582_2.htm

I clearly see one step from door and then the seats on podiums so it is not 100% low floor.

30 second charging? that is a lot for 3 or 5 km, how can it be either 3 or 5.

So every 4 to 5 station tram must stop 30 seconds, every bus can overtake it.

Why are some people so allergic to catenary, which is more efficient and cheap in maintenance and durability is up to 30-40 years.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 05:23 AM   #665
skyridgeline

Quote:
A rubber is quieter?

I do not know what you imagine that is really not important, as well as CRRC cheap Chinese technic.

CRRC learned? What did they learn? how did you decide it is better design? The rubber tired tram they introduced uses the same rubber tire system as translohr but the guidance system is the same failing system from Bombardier GLT with straight angle rollers which tend to derail constantly and damages a lot. Translohr has a lot better guiding system and even it is not perfect. But Chinese are not allowed to copy it it is proprietary system.

Rubber tired tram has no advantage to conventional trams.

But as I see you are comparing trams with buses and I do not know why, this two modes of transportation have very different capacity and must be used the same way.

Frustrated and in denial - you're not as original as you think.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 09:56 AM   #666
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Quote:
Frustrated and in denial - you're not as original as you think.
Arguments please, if you do not have them then do not start conversation.

Silly_Walks liked this post
Old August 2nd, 2016, 09:39 PM   #667
subbotazh

Likes (Received): 325

World's first transit elevated bus, TEB-1 on its launching test Tuesday in Qinhuangdao, N China's Hebei

dimlys1994, Zaz965, Exethalion, LaoTze, CP11 and 4 others liked this post
subbotazh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 09:53 PM   #668
skyridgeline

Quote:
Arguments please, if you do not have them then do not start conversation.

I guess fetishers do have those too .

keep checking on the "CHINA | Urban Transport Compilation" thread and you might have a mental breakdown from hubris .
Old August 3rd, 2016, 01:52 AM   #669
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

Wow ... Seems it's really only cars, which can get underneath that elevated bus! What happens to (Mini-) Busses and Trucks? I don't even see another lane on the road for them ...
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 03:27 AM   #670
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Another stupidness from China and why this thing is called bus, it runs on rails.

I could understand if it was called elevated tram
Old August 3rd, 2016, 03:51 AM   #671
skyridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dennis.Deng View Post
Wow ... Seems it's really only cars, which can get underneath that elevated bus! What happens to (Mini-) Busses and Trucks? I don't even see another lane on the road for them ...
Not for that section ( treat it like a one lane road then ). The larger vehicles would have to wait for the bus to get moving ( possibly 30 seconds for a busy stop ).

The intersections will be tricky. I think there will be new traffic/driving rules for vehicles under the bus. There are traffic signals under the bus?
Old August 3rd, 2016, 07:56 AM   #672
孟天宝

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Another stupidness from China and why this thing is called bus, it runs on rails.

I could understand if it was called elevated tram
I believe they call it a "railed bus" or "bus rail."

Xinhua has a photo set here. The welcome sign says "欢迎乘坐巴铁1号” which literally translates to "Welcome to ride Line 1 of the Bus (巴)Rail (铁)"

This is one of those ideas that at first glance, I will say "wow! that's amazing!" But then I realize I am in China, and I hate to say it but drivers here are ... well ... perhaps in a little need of extra training. I've seen people trying to get into the BRT lanes and just driving where ever they feel like. The clearance under that thing isn't that great, I can totally imagine someone driving a van thinking to themselves "it'll go under" and then SMACK.

That being said, I would absolutely be first in line to ride it.
孟天宝 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 06:44 PM   #673
luhai

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by 孟天宝 View Post

Xinhua has a photo set here. The welcome sign says "欢迎乘坐巴铁1号” which literally translates to "Welcome to ride Line 1 of the Bus (巴)Rail (铁)"

This is one of those ideas that at first glance, I will say "wow! that's amazing!" But then I realize I am in China, and I hate to say it but drivers here are ... well ... perhaps in a little need of extra training. I've seen people trying to get into the BRT lanes and just driving where ever they feel like. The clearance under that thing isn't that great, I can totally imagine someone driving a van thinking to themselves "it'll go under" and then SMACK.

I can see one the first changes from this trial run is to make the whole thing a little taller , thus allowing mini buses to pass underneath. (larger buses can be routed in away that it will rarely if ever intercept this thing) However, i could this thing would have bridge clearance issues itself once that happens. So it can only be used in places where infracture is already built to accommodate it.
luhai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 07:15 PM   #674
LaoTze

Likes (Received): 7440

WOW! I can't believe this gets built so quickly!

I also noted that according to Xinhua, the total height of the elevated bus/train is 4.8m which is similar to the height of many container trucks. So they probably compromised the height of the underpass in order to fit this thing into the existing road infrastructure.
LaoTze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 07:38 PM   #675
skyridgeline

Beijing S1 Maglev Train

It's expected to be in service by the end of 2017 ( http://www.bbaqw.com/wz/24823.htm ).

http://www.bbaqw.com/wz/24823.htm

The driver/passenger cabin is made of fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) and composite foam materials ( just like the Changsha ones, see http://www.tschina.com/news/4_310 ).

http://www.maglev.cn/

dimlys1994, ilovecoffee, Zaz965, lkstrknb liked this post
Old August 3rd, 2016, 08:26 PM   #676
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by 孟天宝 View Post

This could probably be a good form of transportation along wide straight avenues, the main issue would be crossings and the frequency of them. If you have super blocks with 200 to 300 meters between crossings, it could probably achieve a decent speed, otherwise stopping every 50-100 meters it will probably be faster walking.

A separation barrier between the cars and the railbus is also necessary, otherwise there would be several accidents every single day by distracted drivers.
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:56 AM   #677
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

From the pictures the Inside of the elevated bus seems very high ... Any reason for that?
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #678
skyridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dennis.Deng View Post
From the pictures the Inside of the elevated bus seems very high ... Any reason for that?
An illusion - you get similar views from the upper deck of a double decker bus.

"A morning double-decker bus ride along the Eastern Island Corridor of Hong Kong." - tracingstars

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old August 19th, 2016, 05:02 AM   #679
skyridgeline

Quote:
http://english.huaian.gov.cn/bdxw/co...511ed00e9.html

Up to May 7th, 2016, passengers taking Huai'an Modern Tram has totaled 1.75 million person-trips since the tram was put into operation on December 28th, 2015, an average of 13,300 person-trips each day. The interval time has reduced to 7 minutes from 15 minutes. The modern tram attracted more and more citizens for its comfort and convenience. The photo above shows the tram is running along Xiangyu Street in the city.
- 2016-05-24 , http://english.huaian.gov.cn/bdxw/co...511ed00e9.html

Source: http://news.jschina.com.cn/system/20...29435996.shtml , 2016-08-18

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old September 13th, 2016, 01:11 AM   #680
skyridgeline

China's first sky trains comes off the assembly line ... The two compartments can hold more than 200 passengers, and when compared with subways and trams, sky trains have lower costs, better climbing and turning ability, and higher wind resistance. ... The overhauled railway is driven by batteries which can run for four hours at a time, and the batteries can be changed when stopped at a station, with the whole process lasting only two minutes. ... The sky trains are to debut in China next year at a variety of scenic places. - 2016-09-12, http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/busines...t_26765894.htm

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/busines...t_26765894.htm

Zaz965, subbotazh, TowerVerre:) liked this post