daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 15th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #81
Jue
Perception
 
Jue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Houston/Shanghai
Posts: 537
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
^ Many westners are still perceiving China as a horrible human rights abuser, unfortunetly, that is apparently not ordinary Chinese feel. So think in this line, before you say China is in different scale of intellectual violation, you need to have proof and data, which still, you have none.
I don't care how westerners perceive our human rights. They were no better at the same stage of development, 80-90 years ago. 1930's Europe was filled with fascists, socialists, anarchists, etc. - extremists of all different types that were all singularly racist.

Why do I need proof and data, when you see CD hawkers at every corner? Or Chery cars looking exactly like Chevrolet Sparks? You're still in a state of denial here. Just accept reality. My take on piracy is, we pirate like crazy, but it makes our country rich and leave it at that. Fix intellectual property rights when we can afford to do so. Arguing piracy is not prevalent is rather pathetic, in my opinion. :p
Jue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #82
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue
I don't care how westerners perceive our human rights. They were no better at the same stage of development, 80-90 years ago. 1930's Europe was filled with fascists, socialists, anarchists, etc. - extremists of all different types that were all singularly racist.

Why do I need proof and data, when you see CD hawkers at every corner? Or Chery cars looking exactly like Chevrolet Sparks? You're still in a state of denial here. Just accept reality. My take on piracy is, we pirate like crazy, but it makes our country rich and leave it at that. Fix intellectual property rights when we can afford to do so. Arguing piracy is not prevalent is rather pathetic, in my opinion. :p
Chevrolet lost the case against Chery, and Chery QQ entered into markets earlier. You can label it whatever you want, but it is, unfornetly, not piracy.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #83
Heilig
How about a magic trick?
 
Heilig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Airstrip One
Posts: 4,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
So now its Transrapids fault that the chinese stole the technology?

It took some 10 to 20 years and 2 billion german mark (1 billion €) taxpayers money to develop the transrapid system in germany, beginning in the mid 60s till 1991, when it was officially declared ready to everyday use.
Now the chinese built a 30 km track in shanghai, mainly with german imported technology, and 3 years later-------bang--------they say they have developed their own maglev.

Who believes that......
Santa belives!!!

China: The neo-corsair!
__________________
“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Carl Sagan
Heilig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #84
amagaldu
Registered (trade) User
 
amagaldu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,899
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
Right after Tian'an'men event, West were saying "China is going to collapse soon", I suppose many westners, including you, sincerely thought that would be true.
excuse me, I don´t understand what do you exactly mean and why do you support that sentence with a smile..?
amagaldu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #85
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 3

Sorry, I was responding to pflo777. And I meant his assumption about China is completely wrong.

Last edited by wigo; April 15th, 2006 at 10:25 PM.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #86
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,438
Likes (Received): 612

I'm glad someone is testing out maglev technology in a commercial sense. Maybe the Chinese can teach the rest of the world how to use maglev effectively. Stolen technology or not I have a feeling the "maglev community" will benefit from China's trial and error.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 11:46 PM   #87
Jue
Perception
 
Jue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Houston/Shanghai
Posts: 537
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
Chevrolet lost the case against Chery, and Chery QQ entered into markets earlier. You can label it whatever you want, but it is, unfornetly, not piracy.
You actually trust Chinese courts to be unbiased? Of course Chevrolet lost the case.

Maybe you are too accustomed to believing everything you see.
Jue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #88
amagaldu
Registered (trade) User
 
amagaldu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,899
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
Sorry, I was responding to pflo777. And I meant his assumption about China is completely wrong.
I am pretty sure almost every assumption is completely wrong. moreover when they concern other countries..
amagaldu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:00 AM   #89
pflo777
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,456
Likes (Received): 89

so what is my assumption about china btw?
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #90
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
so what is my assumption about china btw?
That China must have stolen the technology.
Pay attention to the discussion priot to your conclusion.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:19 AM   #91
Jue
Perception
 
Jue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Houston/Shanghai
Posts: 537
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
That China must have stolen the technology.
Pay attention to the discussion priot to your conclusion.
Good call.

"Pirated" does not necessarily mean "stolen", as "stolen" means the entirety of a product was copied. "Pirated" might only infer partial plagiarism in an indigenous design.
Jue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:24 AM   #92
pflo777
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,456
Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
That China must have stolen the technology.
Pay attention to the discussion priot to your conclusion.

The assumption is based upon worldwide known facts about how china treats intellectual property.

In germany we have a saying: You dont believe someone who once was known as a liar.
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #93
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 3

The german company denied any allegation against China, who is the liar?
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #94
amagaldu
Registered (trade) User
 
amagaldu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,899
Likes (Received): 61

oh no.. now is a fact: "war of the worlds" has begun..!!
amagaldu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #95
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 3

sorry, your countryman has lost control, lol.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:33 AM   #96
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue
Good call.

"Pirated" does not necessarily mean "stolen", as "stolen" means the entirety of a product was copied. "Pirated" might only infer partial plagiarism in an indigenous design.
I won't deny that. But as far as I know, the key part of Chinese tech is very different from German version, and economically much cheaper.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #97
chrishung
Registered User
 
chrishung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 8

Mastering the core technology means that they've develop the basic knowledge of how maglev works. Now if they did stole the german's maglev tech you would expect them to say "China has developed maglev technology rivaling the transrapid".

And if I'm not mistaken they were working on a slow maglev, which really is not on the same technological level as the high-speed german maglev. They were working on a beginner's maglev.
chrishung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 02:11 AM   #98
pflo777
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,456
Likes (Received): 89

well, dont get me wrong. If china says, they developed their own maglev, and its able to run 500 km/h, its fine for me.

The only thing that surprises me, is, how fast it went.
Back in 2001, when they decided to buy the german transrapid for the pudong airport line, there must have been no chance, that they would have been able to do that in the near future, otherwise they would not have bought the german one, but would have waited another 3 years, and then built their own.

Germany took over 20 years to make that thing work.
Japan is developing maglevs also already for 30 years.
In the US, several companies and universities try it, but are not getting a reliable, competitive system to work.
France tried severals systems, but finally gave up and built conventional HSR.
Even the soviet union wanted to cooperate with germany back in the 80´s in maglev technology.
The soviet union!! a nation that would have had the technological capabilities!!!!

Maybe I am just surprisesed, how fast chinese learn to do new things
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #99
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 3

This is what sky high has written in this thread:

Not only Tongji University, but also Southwest Transportation Univerisy in Chengdu have been working on the maglev technology since 1980's. One of my family friend was studying there. The basic technology was mastered by Chinese years ago. Of course, none of the western medium report it, nor the Chinese medium. The difficulty for the Chinese native one was to improve the speed to high level. I heard the Chinese one used diffirent approach and design. I agree that importing the German one may help Chinses improve its own design, especially the signalling system (not the actual meglev technology). Remember that China import/buy both the train and the techonology (it is business).

Only 3 nations keep working on the maglev train, German, Japan, China. USA gave it up because the cost.

Last edited by wigo; April 16th, 2006 at 02:25 AM.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #100
bluga
Inspire
 
bluga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 124
Likes (Received): 1

Of course China copied, they copied the stuff they can't get it working.
bluga no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium