daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 16th, 2006, 04:56 AM   #101
coldstar
Tears of Buddha

Likes (Received): 6

Maglev technology itself is not so complicated.
Even China would be able to make its cheap version from the German copy.

But how come by far the most advance 2 countries as to all the maglev technologies (that is, Japan and Germany, of course) haven't constructed the high-speed maglev lines on their own lands ?

The answer is quite simple and obvious.

Currently, maglev is far from the eco-friendly vehicle. In terms of the cost performances, maglev runs counter to the energy-saving time.

Thus, both the countries have been trying speeding up maglev's rate of muturation.

At present, only fools rush in maglev construction.

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2006, 04:58 AM   #102
micro

Likes (Received): 106

In China, tons of cheap fake items copied from foreign brands (mostly western and Japanese) are on sale. That includes everything from clothes and sunglasses to iPods and medication, and the quality varies drastically. A website counts at least 14 different kinds of fake iPods, most are complete crap but some are even better than the original.

There are huge markets in China based on these fake items. In Shenzhen, right behind the border of Hong Kong, is a huge 7-storey shopping mall dedicated entirely to fake items. The foreign companies that produce the originals are losing lots of money because of all the copying, but the Chinese government and police do absolutely nothing to stop it. The Chinese government actually backs the crime.
micro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #103
wigo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro
In China, tons of cheap fake items copied from foreign brands (mostly western and Japanese) are on sale. That includes everything from clothes and sunglasses to iPods and medication, and the quality varies drastically. A website counts at least 14 different kinds of fake iPods, most are complete crap but some are even better than the original.

There are huge markets in China based on these fake items. In Shenzhen, right behind the border of Hong Kong, is a huge 7-storey shopping mall dedicated entirely to fake items. The foreign companies that produce the originals are losing lots of money because of all the copying, but the Chinese government and police do absolutely nothing to stop it. The Chinese government actually backs the crime.
Fenrenheit 911 suggests that George Bush actually worked with 911 terrorists, lol.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #104
zivan56

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
Fenrenheit 911 suggests that George Bush actually worked with 911 terrorists, lol.
He does work with Saudi Arabia and people who are loosely connected to terrorist organizations, but he didn't work with the people who flew planes into the building.

On a somewhat related note to intellectual espionage, the Canadian goverment is contemplating kicking out Chinese agents in Canada who are actively stealing IP:
link
zivan56 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #105
porte

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldstar

Currently, maglev is far from the eco-friendly vehicle. In terms of the cost performances, maglev runs counter to the energy-saving time.
Yes thats very true.
and basic priciple and creation of maglev is not very difficult as you say.

However developing its own advanced maglev model which can reach 500 km /hr is very great achievement technologically.

Chinese medias say they will start exibition operation from this coming July.

Last edited by porte; April 16th, 2006 at 10:41 AM.
porte no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #106
Handsome

Some jealous people are making rumormongering.
Handsome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #107
Englishman
Urge Desire Rest

Likes (Received): 96

Chiona does have a reputation for not respecting copyright and IP. And ever since I saw a Chinese university paper using a paper I wrote as a source have always been somewhat suspicious of any findings they have
Old April 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #108
Englishman
Urge Desire Rest

Likes (Received): 96

What is particularly stagering is the rate of development in China. It is increadible the number of new underground lines being built in one city, and Shanghai is one of the few places that could get a running maglev line (I don't know of any others).

It is like Britain in the Victorian era, however for them the technologies allready exist so they have cheap labour, many skilled people and can accomplish great industrial feats that developed countries can only dream of.
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #109
sky_high

well done, China.

This thread remind me that there will be possible another one jump out to abuse that China steal the technology for passenger jet. The reason I think so is that currently China is trying to make passenger jet (about 80-100 sits) and it will be soon available. Moreover, China decide to resume the big commercial passenger jet aircraft project which was developed in the 1970s by Shanghai Aircraft Manufacture Factory and had the first one Y-10 at early 80s (180 passengers), Y-10 started the same time as airbus. However, Chinese officer stoped the further development for it and trying to buy from Beoing (I guess no western news will report it).

Now airbus is trying to set up a big factory in China to assemble airbus 320. I guess soon China will have its own jet. By then, this sort of thread will appear.

Never mind, keep going China. And your guys do not need upset about this, And the rest of the world should get used to the change in China.
sky_high no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #110
houston_texan
BANNED

when is china going stop copying everything....i mean they do copy whatever they can then come up with cheap and poor stuff. i don't have no respect for china whatsover even their food stinks too...
houston_texan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:51 PM   #111
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

Btw, where does the word chinese-copy come from?
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #112
micro

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
What do you want to say with this? Chinese government IS doing something to stop the copying? What is it doing?
micro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #113
wigo
BANNED

^ apparently, this is 2004

www.managingip.com/?Page=10& PUBID=34&ISS=12523&SID=472646&TYPE

China takes new measures to fight counterfeiters

Wilkinson & Grist, Hong Kong

China recently announced two measures to tackle the problem of counterfeiting. In a press conference on September 6, China's State Intellectual Property Office announced that the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate have drafted a new Judicial Interpretation that will lower the thresholds for bringing criminal action against IP infringement in China. This is to be issued by the end of this year, once it has been approved. The threshold is presently set at Rmb 500,000 and Rmb 100,000 for corporate and individual offenders respectively. In addition, the Interpretation will include guidelines for punishing online copyright infringement and other infringing activities such as transporting, storing and distributing infringing goods.

Meanwhile, Beijing has banned markets from selling luxury brands. At the request of trade mark owners, the Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce (AIC) recently banned stall holders on XiuShui Street (a famous tourist spot where counterfeits are readily available) and other markets in Beijing selling clothing and accessories from selling goods bearing 25 different well-known trade marks including Louis Vuitton, Prada, Chanel, Givenchy and Fendi. The rule applies whether the goods are counterfeit or genuine. Any banned goods found there will be deemed counterfeits. Repeat offenders will be required to leave the market.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #114
davidwei01
Snowboarding -> Surfing

Likes (Received): 10

China and many developing countries have a bad IP protection record and they are improving now.

I'll post more Shanghai maglev photos to this forum, enjoy!
davidwei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #115
y3miii

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston_texan
when is china going stop copying everything....i mean they do copy whatever they can then come up with cheap and poor stuff. i don't have no respect for china whatsover even their food stinks too...
double negative = positive

Protecting foreign IP right is a bit tricky in China when compared to domestic IP. For instance, there is not a single product, idea, and media that is using the beijing 2008 olympic logos illegally; even in the darkest corner in China you will not find it. So yes, China can protect IP rights. Why they're not 100% protecting IP anyone can speculate.

Last edited by y3miii; April 16th, 2006 at 09:32 PM.
y3miii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #116
Cannonball

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston_texan
The same can be said for the West when they stole innovation and technology in the past 400 years from around the world including China.

Don't take the word of a Texan about tastes in food. They're childishly picky about what they eat. I know of some Texans that came to California and wouldn't eat anything that was unfimilar and especially different. And I'm not talking about foreign food. We ordered a Chicago stuffed pizza to eat. The Texans wouldn't eat it. It was as strange as foreign food with unknown ingredients to them.
Cannonball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #117
philip
The Picture Guy

Likes (Received): 71

I don't get what some of you said about China Pirated German Technology.

In Business Law:
Piracy means copying something 100% then slap on the original brand name and sell it like it was manufactured by the original company. Example: copying CD and put on the original label.

Reverse-Engineering means taking the product apart and studying how it was built. Then build a similar one or even a better one and then sell it as your own product with your own name.

In this case, China reverse-engineered the maglev technology, they didn't Pirated it unless they also put Transrapid name on their Chinese products.

If what they did is piracy, then SONY of Japan is a BIG FAT Pirate because they reverse-engineered almost all US electronics: Radio, TV, Camera, stereo. And Japanese car makers are all pirates because Cars were invented by Americans. Are you saying we shouldn't invest in SONY or TOYOTA?

Americans invented television, then Japanese copied it. Japanese invented LCD, then Koreans and Chinese are copying it. Soon India or some other countries will copy Korean or Chinese technology.

This is how technology gets improved and made cheaper over the long run. Imagine if the Chinese maglev is more than 50% cheaper to build than German Maglev, don't you think more countiers will be more likely to build it ?? You may say that Chinese techology is unsafe, blah blah blah.........., but Japanese cars were a joke and was everyone's laughing stock in the 1970s, and look how Toyota cars have become industry standards in recent years.

Last edited by philip; April 16th, 2006 at 11:26 PM.
philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #118
Jue
Perception

Likes (Received): 1

Interesting.

I seriously messed up the definitions then. :p
Jue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #119
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

would it be funny if somebody digged back some hundards of years and found out that Gunpower was actually a brandname?

oh the law suits.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #120
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ
It is pirated. China has a reverse-patent legislation gimmick that is technically illegal everywhere else. The maglev technology is patented by TransRapid, but with a model to study in China to their hearts' content, Chinese scientists will take all the specs and techniques of TransRapid for themselves and reverse-patent it, shutting out TransRapid since they no longer can legally build the technology in China because the patent belongs to Chinese scientists now. It is 100% stolen and I have no respect for Chinese R&D. If I were a transportation operator, I would not only refuse to use Chinese technology from a moral stance, but from a stance of reasonable doubt because the technology isn't their baby, but a kidnapping, so how well do they REALLY know it? How far can they take it not knowing it intimately like TransRapid or the Railway Technology Research Institute in Japan? Don't invest in Chinese Maglev Technology is my advice.
Pirated or not, Not many countries can reverse engineer something and make it work.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote