daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 18th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #121
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro
In China, tons of cheap fake items copied from foreign brands (mostly western and Japanese) are on sale. That includes everything from clothes and sunglasses to iPods and medication, and the quality varies drastically. A website counts at least 14 different kinds of fake iPods, most are complete crap but some are even better than the original.

There are huge markets in China based on these fake items. In Shenzhen, right behind the border of Hong Kong, is a huge 7-storey shopping mall dedicated entirely to fake items. The foreign companies that produce the originals are losing lots of money because of all the copying, but the Chinese government and police do absolutely nothing to stop it. The Chinese government actually backs the crime.
Western nations use to take advantage of China's weakness and plunder the wealth of the entire nation. Whatever goes around comes around.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM   #122
BJSH

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
Western nations use to take advantage of China's weakness and plunder the wealth of the entire nation. Whatever goes around comes around.
This is what they left
BJSH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:05 AM   #123
wigo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_4496656.htm
China succeeds in maglev train test

CHENGDU, April 30 (Xinhua) -- China on Sunday successfully tested a low-to medium-speed magnetic levitation train, the first domestically developed one in the country, in Southwest China's Sichuan Province.

The test maglev train is 11.2 meters long, 2.6 meters wide and 3.3 meters high. It ran steadily on a 425-meter-long experimental line in the provincial capital of Chengdu.

"The successful test of the train shows that China has mastered the technology of low-to medium-speed maglev trains," said Zhang Kunlun, deputy director of the School of Electrical Engineering of the Southwest Jiaotong University in Chengdu.

The maglev train is developed by a maglev research team of the university, one of China's key engineering universities.

The cost of this maglev train is low, and is suitable for urban traffic, Zhang said.

With a weight of 18 tons, the test train can hold 60 people. It can travel at speeds of up to 160 kilometers per hour, according to Zhang, also a maglev expert with the Ministry of Science and Technology.

China is expected to build a 175-kilometer-long maglev railway this year between Shanghai, the country's largest metropolis, and Hangzhou, a famous tourist destination and capital of East China's Zhejiang Province. Enditem

Editor: Nie Peng

Last edited by wigo; May 1st, 2006 at 03:45 PM.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:45 AM   #124
Tintin27

Likes (Received): 56

pirated doesnt mean using the same technology but copying designs, Honda had probs, Daewoo had problems, Some chinese company opened up a Hotel named INTERCONTINENTAL, Honda CRV is being launched by some chinese company as SRV.. These are things which are clearly violating Copy Right laws.. countries like India signs in deals with foreign firms for technology transfers and then manufactures the similar product locally.. All these companies filed suit against the Chinese manufacturers. So definitely there was no technology transfers between them. I am not sure about what is happening in terms of Maglev technology there. Ofcourse, if Chinese manufactures Cheaper maglev components, it will take the world by storm because most countries want maglev technology but cant implement it because of the high costs associated...
Tintin27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:54 PM   #125
KGB

Likes (Received): 48

China needs to work on some freedom of speech technology, before it tries to impress the world with something like maglev technology.

Some pretty lop-sided priorities over there. Maglev trains and many people with no flush toilets...make sense to you?

KGB
KGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 05:10 PM   #126
wigo
BANNED

we are working on our liberty. But frankly speaking, I really don't like those who are overinterested in something which is none of theire buisness. Talk to millions of Native Indian slaughted by your ancestors about freedom first.

And next time, don't tell me you represent the world.
Old May 1st, 2006, 05:29 PM   #127
BenL

Likes (Received): 4

Maybe by his ancestors, but not by him. You can't blame him for something I'm sure he abhors. As they're dead it's probably quite difficult to talk to them...

How is a country which has demolished thousands of people's houses for the 2008 Olympics, giving them no compensation and leaving them in self-constructed slums and steals organs from living people in concentration camps before killing them working on its human rights?

He didn't tell you he represented the world... He was just criticizing your country's awful government. He makes it his business and he should because terrible things can't go unnoticed.
BenL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 05:47 PM   #128
wigo
BANNED

I am guessing you may refer to this footage about demolishing in Beijing
http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/vi..._p10436,00.html

You know what, some scenes even dated back to 1989 Tiananmeng event, not mention none of the chinese people have Beijing accent authough this footage is about Beijing demolishing.

So, don't tell me your brits just fabricate news like this.

And next time, before you accuse China of anything, make sure it is true. Because I am pretty sure those death-organs-accusation is a crap, like the SKY footage just proudly produced by your s.....ck brits.

Last edited by wigo; May 1st, 2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old May 1st, 2006, 07:03 PM   #129
KGB

"we are working on our liberty. But frankly speaking, I really don't like those who are overinterested in something which is none of theire buisness. And next time, don't tell me you represent the world."

Obviously, before you can "work on it", you need to grasp the concept in the first place. You must like the concept of not having freedom of speech, as you seem to dislike me having any. And freeing the world of tyranny is everyone's business.

And what do you mean "we" ??? You don't live in a democracy, therefore "we" refers to the ruling party, not the people. Or maybe you think defending your government's actions is your way of "working on it" ???

" Talk to millions of Native Indian slaughted by your ancestors about freedom first. "

Not that ancient history has any relevance to the discussion, but for the record, I am in Canada, and "my ancestors" didn't slaughter the natives at all.

"And next time, before you accuse China of anything, make sure it is true. Because I am pretty sure those death-organs-accusation is a crap"

Pretty sure based on what....your governments fabulous record.....or the fact that your government-controlled media would tell you if they did?

Com'on...use some common sense.

In fact, there was a big demonstration right here in Toronto on the weekend...plenty of first-hand witnesses and documentation as well. Perhaps you think these chinese ex-pats, who have friends and family killed or imprisoned or tortured don't have any rights to protest...it's not like they can do it in China. Maybe it's none of their business either?

KGB
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:00 PM   #130
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB
And next time, before you accuse China of anything, make sure it is true. Because I am pretty sure those death-organs-accusation is a crap"

Pretty sure based on what....your governments fabulous record.....or the fact that your government-controlled media would tell you if they did?

Com'on...use some common sense.

In fact, there was a big demonstration right here in Toronto on the weekend...plenty of first-hand witnesses and documentation as well. Perhaps you think these chinese ex-pats, who have friends and family killed or imprisoned or tortured don't have any rights to protest...it's not like they can do it in China. Maybe it's none of their business either?

KGB
The reason I say that is a crap is because it is from Falun Gong, which has been spreading many rumors such as 10 millions CCP members quiting the party (that's how they get money from your democratic country). In addition, a US delegation just visited the scence, which I believe called Su Jiatun and didn't find any evidence.

And again, next time before you mention anything about China's fabulous record, make sure it is true. This SKY footage happen to provide something that I happen to know, and there are many FABRICATION that I don't know.

Finally, just tell you what I think. China is developing so fast, so that your hypocritic westners just despritely try everything to bash China, hoping Soviet Union scenario would repeat. Human rights or democracy is no way the issue, national interest is. If you don't believe me, lecture Saudi people about democracy first.

Last edited by wigo; May 1st, 2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:22 PM   #131
KGB

" In addition, a US delegation just visited the scence, which I believe called Su Jiatun and didn't find any evidence."

Right....cause the chinese government just lets delegations run rampant all over the plzce. Right...the chinese government carefully orhestrates whatever foreign groups get to see.

"And again, next time before you mention anything about China's fabulous record, make sure it is true."

Right....and you would know differently because......???? You have access to wonderful chinese-censored media? Com'on....you are not making any sense. You can't accuse the free world press for fabricating stories, while on the same hand, defend chinese controlled media. That's just stupid.

"Finally, just tell you what I think. China is develops so fast, so that your hypocritic westners just despritely try everything to bash China, hoping Soviet Union scenario would repeat. "

Oh right....when in desperation, cry jealousy. That is a really sorry-ass excuse. I bash china because it's a disguting government. Plain and simple. I don't eny anything about the frigg'n place.

And I do hope freedom comes to the people of china through internal means....I in no way advocate the kind of hypocritical approach that the USA takes in terms of invading other countries in the name of "freedom". Not that the USA would try that shit with China.....they never pick on anyone their own size (or bigger).

"Human rights or democracy is no way the issue, national interest is. If you don't believe me, lecture Saudi people about democracy first."

Well, it's the issue with me....I have no other interest. And I DO take the same issue with countries in the middle east.

Question is....why do you defend it so much? I think it's obvious....you are just taking it personally and being defensive....that's why you think we do it out of jealousy.

KGB
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:24 PM   #132
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

If by "China has mastered core maglev techonology," you mean "China has COPIED core maglez technology," then yes I agree.
DonQui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:26 PM   #133
DonQui
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB
Not that the USA would try that shit with China.....they never pick on anyone their own size (or bigger).
Ever heard of the Cold War America Junior.
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:27 PM   #134
DonQui
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
Human rights or democracy is no way the issue, national interest is.
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:41 PM   #135
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB
"

Well, it's the issue with me....I have no other interest. And I DO take the same issue with countries in the middle east.

Question is....why do you defend it so much? I think it's obvious....you are just taking it personally and being defensive....that's why you think we do it out of jealousy.

KGB
Do you know what bankrupted Russia?
Don't you know HK, TW, Singapore, and S Korea weren't democracy until quasi-developed level?
Don't you know that 50 years ago, US-modelled Philipine was the second richest country in Asia, but now is even behind China?
Can you name any particular country which was poor 50 years ago, but becames rich by sticking to your western democarcy all the way along?

There are reasons why China should be authoriterian and we know that. Please don't tell us what to do, period.
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:56 PM   #136
DonQui
BANNED

Quote:
Do you know what bankrupted Russia?
Don't you know HK, TW, Singapore, and S Korea weren't democracy until quasi-developed level?
Don't you know that 50 years ago, US-modelled Philipine was the second richest country in Asia, but now is even behind China?
Can you name any particular country which was poor 50 years ago, but becames rich by sticking to your western democarcy all the way along?

There are reasons why China should be authoriterian and we know that. Please don't tell us what to do, period.
One example: India. While it may not be growing as fast as China, it is still growing INCREDIBLY quickly and IMO is more sustainable because if Chinese history were to repeat itself, China will not peacefully evolve as you CORRECTLY pointed out that other nations have to a democracy. I see another revolution. Although very different from the Soviet one as China is a unified nation (my issues with Tibet aside).

So in short you are right with your observation. But these societies gradually changed their political systems, and that is something that we are NOT seeing from China.
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:05 PM   #137
KGB

"Ever heard of the Cold War America Junior."

Oh...so you like to talk at a school yard level...sorry...got any adults I can speak with?

"There are reasons why China should be authoriterian and we know that."

Oh, is that the euphanism we are using today..."authoritarian" ???

Defend your government all you like...looks like their propoganda works well.

And stop making this a "vs" thing. I'm not saying ANY government is perfect. But until the people make sure that the people in "authority" have EVERYONE'S best interest at heart, then things are not good. And China is one very nasty example of how bad it can be.

KGB
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:22 PM   #138
wigo
BANNED

You know what is truely nasty, it is to overly care about someone else. Here is an article which certainly shows the bad side of China, but also shows how ordinary Chinese views the goverment. Spend some time to read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/23/m...ml?pagewanted=1

Finally, I hope you DO NOT CARE about China, okay? Forcing others to be democratic certainly is not the true meaning of democracy.

Last edited by wigo; May 1st, 2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:30 PM   #139
DonQui
BANNED

Quote:
Forcing others to be democratic certainly is not the true meaning of democracy.

COMPLETELY agree with you for once.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:10 AM   #140
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

China succeeds in locally made maglev train test

BEIJING (AP) - China successfully tested a locally made magnetic levitation train, the first time the country has achieved the feat without using foreign technology, state media reported Monday.

The 20-ton test maglev train ran steadily Sunday on a 1,400-foot experimental line in the provincial capital of Chengdu, the capital of southwestern Sichuan province, the official Xinhua News Agency said Monday.

The test train can hold 60 people and travel up to 100 mph, Xinhua reported, citing Zhang Kunlun, deputy director of the School of Electrical Engineering at the Southwest Jiaotong University in Chengdu.

The maglev train was developed by a research team at the university, one of China's key engineering schools, Xinhua reported. The technology uses powerful magnets to suspend a train above a track and propel it at high speeds.

The cost of the Chinese maglev train is low, and it is suitable for urban traffic, Zhang said.

``The successful test of the train shows that China has mastered the technology of low-to-medium speed maglev trains,'' he was quoted as saying.

China is home to the world's first commercially operating maglev train, which links one of Shanghai's airports with the city's financial district.

The rail line was built with German technology. Japan had lobbied China to use its Shinkansen bullet train technology for the line, while France pitched its TGV system.

The Chinese government said earlier that work will begin this year on a second maglev line linking Shanghai and the resort city of Hangzhou, a $4.4 billion, high-speed line that can run trains at up to 280 mph.

The new line, due to launch by 2010, will cut travel time from Shanghai to Hangzhou to a half-hour from the current two hours.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote