daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 9th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #21
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

Damn, I want to consider a thousand bucks a "small amount", too.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #22
seb.nl

Likes (Received): 1277

The twisty one is quite nice, the blocky one awesome!
seb.nl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:46 PM   #23
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28201

I agree. I would prefer the first design anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
It's interesting but it's an entirely new concept to raise money. From what I have read about, this platform/ vehicle has been quite successful raising millions in just days. What is nice about it is a small investors from anywhere in the world can get into the action thanks to the internet. I believe not much of an investment is needed from an individual.

For this project I don't know how much is needed from investors to trigger construction for this project but what ever the figure, it should be made transparent and made available to it's investors.

The good news is that these guys already has aprox $200 M construction loan already committed and if they reach that threshold raising funds, then definitely this sucker goes up.

If this project fails to raise the cash, I really don't know if one can get their money back, but an educated guess is no because an investment means investment. You can stand to make a pretty penny, therefore you can lose it all.

I guess investing in this kind of project, such an investor would receive shares of stock and a chance to earn dividends. Earning the dividends is the tricky part though because dividends are not guaranteed and unlikely right away because these projects are "startups".

Would I invest in something like this? I could, especially if I can just invest a small amount of money like $1,000 just to see how I can gain from this.
So how much is neede for the construction? Probably a lot more than 242M?

Quote:
It plans to raise another $42 million in equity once the deal is closed, and has a commitment from a large bank for a $150-200 million construction loan.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #24
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Fantastic designs, without a doubt, only the location. I don't know, maybe it's a bit too close to the old skyscrapers. Maybe some people will complain about that. Not me. The designs and the height ( 75 fl ) are great, and also, 8 Spruce Street turned out fantastic too there.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:39 PM   #25
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

5 reasons South Street Seaport is the city’s next hot spot

Quote:
On the drawing board

OK, this may be straying slightly from the Seaport, but we would be remiss not to mention the Mavrix Group’s planned 51-story, 96-unit, 114,000-square-foot condo planned on Fulton Street, between Gold and William only three blocks from the Seaport’s edge.

According to Wicomb, the developers are still considering adding “other parcels to make the project bigger.” (They’re looking at a total of seven parcels of land.) There won’t be a great deal of retail space, but there will probably be some.

“What we want to bring to market will be ultra high-end for an affordable price,” says Wicomb.

When the project is finished in 2016, it will hope to command $2,000 per square foot.

[...]
Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:49 PM   #26
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

It looks a bit Miami-ish and out of place in NYC, but then again , its beauty will all depend on the materials and clad as usual. Deep navy blue glass and bright white concrete balconies would look great.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:52 PM   #27
LouDagreat
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 150

I actually like the first design A LOT more than the second design. As desertpunk said, 2nd design belongs in Miami.

So is the second design final?
LouDagreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #28
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

Leonard Street one is MUCH better. The first design was just a zig zag modernist mess. Second one that Robert Walpole linked to is a much more fitting design.... certainly not meant for Miami(and of course the Miami reference was put in disparagingly).
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #29
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

What a buy!

Fisher Brothers Nabs Lower Manhattan Site for $10M
http://commercialobserver.com/2014/0...-site-for-10m/

Quote:
Fisher Brothers has picked up a development site at 92 Fulton Street from an LLC for $10 million, according to property records.

It was previously widely reported that The Mavrix Group was planning to build a 51-story ODA-designed condominium building at the site between Gold and William Streets, but Mavrix never closed on the site, according to Ariel Property Advisors‘ Michael A. Tortorici, who represented the seller and procured the buyer along with Ariel’s Howard Raber, Shimon Shkury, Victor Sozio and Randy Modell. The roughly 25-foot-wide vacant lot offers a total of 29,890 buildable square feet, including air rights.

“[The sellers] bought the note at a good time in the market and were able to realize a nice gain and took advantage of it,” Mr. Tortorici said.

Ariel marketed the site, which the sellers obtained through a foreclosure process, for 18 months. The initial asking price was $7.5 million, Mr. Tortorici said.

The sale closed last Tuesday and appeared in public records on Friday.

Fisher Brothers declined to comment.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

streetscapeer, iamtheSTIG liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #30
bodegavendetta
everywhere like such as

Likes (Received): 2651

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
It looks a bit Miami-ish and out of place in NYC, but then again , its beauty will all depend on the materials and clad as usual. Deep navy blue glass and bright white concrete balconies would look great.
I agree completely. At least the base looks nice.

Zaz965 liked this post
bodegavendetta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 03:02 AM   #31
RegentHouse
City Development Shitlord

Likes (Received): 770

I wish we had more towers like this in Miami. It's kind of ugly how unproportional it is to neighboring buildings. They should at least buy and demolish the crappy low-rises, and make the area look more organized.
RegentHouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #32
Vertical_Gotham

This design is most definitely obsolete with Fisher Brothers as the new owners as they will choose their own architect. (The developers for 22 Thames) I liked it though, even if it was "Miami-ish"

Old June 11th, 2014, 07:26 AM   #33
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22562

it certainly would have been an interesting sight in that area of Lower Manhattan.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #34
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
it certainly would have been an interesting sight in that area of Lower Manhattan.
Yea I totally agree. Hopefully whatever they come up with can be as interesting as this. That area could use some spice.

Old June 12th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #35
Vertical_Gotham

Once again Yimby all over it.

No time wasting!! Surprised how fast they applied for NB permit after just purchasing it.

This sucker should be downgraded to the general urban developments section.

NEW YORK | 92 Fulton Street | 45m | 147ft | 16 fl

Permits Filed: 92 Fulton Street
http://newyorkyimby.com/2014/06/perm...on-street.html

Quote:
92 Fulton Street traded hands for $10 million earlier this week, and Fisher Brothers’ latest acquisition already has a set of new permits; a recent proposal included the parcel in the assemblage for a larger tower, but evidently those plans are now defunct. Curtis + Ginsberg is listed as the architect of record.

The new filings indicate 92 Fulton Street will stand 16 floors and 147 feet to its pinnacle. Besides the 650 square feet of ground-floor retail, the building will have 17,870 square feet of residential space, split between ten units. Condominiums would seem likely, though ceiling heights will apparently be low (read more in link).

Old June 13th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #36
DannyR2713
another Registered User

Likes (Received): 698

That was fast! The site is 25ft wide how high can you go?

JamesMonroe liked this post
DannyR2713 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2014, 01:46 AM   #37
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

Saw that coming, they don't have the rights to build much.

*moved*
Old June 13th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #38
Mercenary

Likes (Received): 201

Looks sick.

Great addition to the great skyline of New York
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2015, 12:09 AM   #39
Vertical_Gotham

Lightstone buys two FiDi properties for $23M Site at 92-94 Fulton St. sits next to developer's upcoming 50-story residential/hotel tower
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2015/05/....7SCmrLnt.dpuf

Quote:
David Lichtenstein’s the Lightstone Group picked up a pair of Fulton Street development sites from Fisher Brothers for more than $23 million, property records filed with the city Tuesday show. The properties lie next to the Financial District development site where Lightstone is planning to build a residential tower and hotel.

The deal for 92 and 94 Fulton Street closed earlier this month for a total of $23.25 million, property records show.

Representatives for Lightstone were not immediately available for comment.

Shortly after paying $10 million to buy 92 Fulton Street last year, Fisher Brothers filed plans to build a 16-story residential building on the site.

The properties sit on the southern side of Fulton Street between the Fulton Transit Center and the South Street Seaport where the Howard Hughes Corp. is planning a renovation of the retail pier, two projects that are transforming the street into a shopping destination.
Lightstone has a development site on the side of the block at 128-130 William Street, where it is planning to build a 50-story residential building and hotel. It was also looking to build a 59-story mixed-use tower at 112-118 Fulton Street, but sold that site to San Francisco-based investment and building firm Carmel Partners.

Old March 28th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #40
schostabur

Likes (Received): 39

evolution 2 in white is great

Last edited by schostabur; April 1st, 2016 at 09:42 AM.
schostabur no está en línea   Reply With Quote