daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 30th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #501
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

More...

Tishman Speyer to build Hudson Yards tower
http://www.rew-online.com/2014/04/30...tate%20Weekly)

Quote:
Tishman Speyer, one of the world’s leading developers, owners, operators and asset managers of real estate, today announced the acquisition of adjacent, undeveloped parcels in the burgeoning Hudson Yards district of Midtown Manhattan.

The assembled development site – which was acquired in separate transactions totaling $438 million – consists of a full block stretching from West 34th to West 35th Streets and from 10th Avenue to the to-be developed Hudson Park and Boulevard.

The assemblage, along with the ability to purchase additional development rights that are available to Hudson Yards district developers, offers Tishman Speyer the rare opportunity to develop and construct a 2.85 million square foot tower in the heart of Manhattan’s expanded west side neighborhood and business district.

While the new development could include a wide range of uses, the site’s location and configuration are ideally suited to support a mix of offices and street-level retail, the company said in a press release…. Read more in link:
While 1800’ would be fantastic I expect 1,400’ + tower here, not including a spire if they decide to have one. While this site can accommodate residential, it is not clear if they will include but if they do, this can be even taller I would assume.

Regardless, of the height the most important thing here is this will absolutely be THE trophy tower for T&S so I expect something amazing and to be the center piece of the whole Hudson Yards district including the Manhattan West Campus. They certainly spent a lot for it to not build something amazing imo.

The whole Hudson boulevard is taking shape with many available plots already taken, development wise.

Here's my updated Boulevard Development map.

Next up fellas! Let’s get news on the architect and some renderings!!!

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #502
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

Just happening SO quick! A few more good sized parcels available including the almost 1.9 mil sq ft Wittkopf/ Imperatore site which would be nice for 1,000-1,200 ft residential perhaps and Rockrose/ DHL. No question though Tishman- Speyer bought this site to make it the centerpiece. I'd love it go 1,800ft but certain like VG at least it will be a terrific icon for the area and the city, and probably at least in the 1,500 ft range. Would be surprised if they don't include some residential condos at top for that view.... but office/ retail or with some condos added it what looks like instead of a vision for ten years from now something grand will happen here pretty soon. This area will be bursting on the scene like gangbusters and transforming the West Side of Manhattan before our very eyes!!!!!!
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #503
DannyR2713
another Registered User

Likes (Received): 698

Wow! Truly an exciting time for this city...hmm 2.8 msf. I wonder where that ranks in largest tower in city in terms of floor area. I believe 55 water street is still number one with 3.5 msf
DannyR2713 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #504
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28235

2.8M sqft will be quite a monster. I can't wait to see designs.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #505
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3592

Hey VG, is there any way you could splice that Hudson Blvd. plan with the one for the East and West Yards, to get a view of all the developments together at once?

citybooster, Vertical_Gotham liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #506
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
2.8M sqft will be quite a monster. I can't wait to see designs.
Correction, 2.85 msf

I know it doesn't sound like much but that extra 50K sf could make the difference of it being 400+ meters or not

Eric Offereins liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #507
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Correction, 2.85 msf

I know it doesn't sound like much but that extra 50K sf could make the difference of it being 400+ meters or not
It is a few floors more.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #508
nyc15

Likes (Received): 160

friends of skyscrapercity users imagine with 2.8 million square feet will be a megatall skyscraper ,with 1850ft the tall of the roof and 2150ft will be the tall of the top of that building maybe when we add the spire to get that height.
with hudson spire we can see clearly the end of empire state domination.
nyc15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #509
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc15 View Post
friends of skyscrapercity users imagine with 2.8 million square feet will be a megatall skyscraper ,with 1850ft the tall of the roof and 2150ft will be the tall of the top of that building maybe when we add the spire to get that height.
with hudson spire we can see clearly the end of empire state domination.
It won't be that tall, but there's a slight possibility it could break 1400 to the roof which is still really huge.

I'm not sure how large the plot of land is though, a lot of it depends on how wide the building will be, hopefully it's not a fatty.
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #510
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4607

I might be alone here but I don't see Tishman spending almost half a billion $ on a site and end up building another 1400 ft tower, especially considering the history it has with the site.
Let's remember that Thishman was first chosen to develop HY and it's only when the deal collapsed that Related took over, and I bet that left some sour grapes. Now they have the opportunity to upstage Related in a major way by building the tallest tower in the city, in Related's neighborhood.
Let's also remember that this might not be an exclusive office building and could well be a mixed use building and possibly topped with a spire(a real one hopefully).
So yea, I'm optimistic Tishman will go for a signature tower here.
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #511
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3592

Quote:
I'm not sure how large the plot of land is though, a lot of it depends on how wide the building will be, hopefully it's not a fatty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
Let's also remember that this might not be an exclusive office building and could well be a mixed use building and possibly topped with a spire(a real one hopefully).
The Curbed article on the sale says that it could be up to 400K sq. ft. of residential. I don't know exactly where that number comes from, but given the recent trend of skinny condo towers, it's easy to see that residential component shooting up very high, on top of ~1.9M sq. ft. of office space.

Granted, those office floors could be very fat indeed. But given that 30 and 50 HY are both being designed with large trading floor-style office space, it's possible that TS will try to corner a different segment of the office market with this tower.

Also, we have to consider the trend of extremely generous floor heights in these new 21st century office towers. So even if the office portion is fat, the floors will likely be very tall.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #512
citybooster

Quote:
I might be alone here but I don't see Tishman spending almost half a billion $ on a site and end up building another 1400 ft tower, especially considering the history it has with the site.
Let's remember that Thishman was first chosen to develop HY and it's only when the deal collapsed that Related took over, and I bet that left some sour grapes. Now they have the opportunity to upstage Related in a major way by building the tallest tower in the city, in Related's neighborhood.
I'm being conservative going with 1,500 ft or so but definitely my fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed that it's going to be close to the 1,800 ft. possibility... just don't want to get my hopes up. 1,500 plus is still a huge tower and I'm certain Tishman- Speyer will want the design to be iconic, a real classic statement that centerpieces the Hudson Yards/ Midtown West Side development. I really agree it will have some residential component though probably lower floor retail/ office component will be predominant. Now let's just hope for a couple of anchor tenants joining on, an architect chosen and some preliminary designs to be posted as VG says!!!!!!
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #513
Jay

Quote:
You mean to say you can't imagine they wouldn't go for a 1400 foot tower?

I was a little confused by that, I'm sure they'll build something worthy though.
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #514
citybooster

Quote:
You mean to say you can't imagine they wouldn't go for a 1400 foot tower?

I was a little confused by that, I'm sure they'll build something worthy though.
He meant they'd go bigger... they lost out on developing HY when their deal collapsed and it's very likely they will go bigger than a 1,400 ft... they want to stand out. maybe 1,800 ft is impractical but 1,500-1,600 ft with a spire that reaches 1,800 ft is not with that amount of square footage... they go wide for retail and office and slender and graceful for higher up residences very possibly. I think we all agree they will build something worthy, I just think it will really stand out in the West Side area as the centerpiece, so it will go higher than 1,400 ft.

I could be wrong but really believe that Tishman-Speyer has very grand plans for this development and they will get everything they can out of this trophy location and development.
Old April 30th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #515
Jay

Oh right right, sorry Ghostface, it's early and I misread your post but yes hopefully you are right.
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:41 AM   #516
Jay

Best news I've read all day!

http://www.costar.com/News/Article/T...s-Tower/160107

Quote:
Tishman Speyer today announced it has purchased a full block of undeveloped parcels in Hudson Yards from West 34th to West 35th streets and from 10th Avenue to the furturwe Hudson Park and Boulevard development.

The assemblage, along with the ability to purchase additional development rights, allows Tishman Speyer the right to build a 2.85 million-square-foot tower in Midtown Manhattan’s fast-expanding west side neighborhood and business district, the company said in a release. The so-called "Hudson Spire" could rank as one of the world's tallest buildings, rivaling towers in Dubai and Saudi Arabia.

citybooster liked this post
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:57 AM   #517
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

There are a lot of things going for the Hudson Spire to be built to it's full potential. #1 reason being, is TS paid aprox 1/2 Billion $ for this assemblage to just not build iconic and the 2nd reason was letting the original Hudson Yards bid slip right from under their fingers and fall into Related Co's lap and for this reason, I definitely would not put it pass TS to try to one up Related's trophy tower, 30 Hudson Yards BIG TIME.

citybooster liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:59 AM   #518
Harryx5
Harry

Likes (Received): 11040

New York needs this proyect to mantain its record of being skyscraper city of the world.
Harryx5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 01:19 AM   #519
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryx5 View Post
New York needs this proyect to mantain its record of being skyscraper city of the world.
I really don't think it will have any problem with that considering the vast amount of proposals and development.

There will always be comparable cities like Hong Kong, Dubai, Chicago, Shanghai but NYC will always be known for it's skyscrapers.
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:25 PM   #520
nyc15

Likes (Received): 160

please let new york city go further
i would like to see that building will be a megatall with the roof height is +1800 ft and with spire will be +2150 ft in comparison with others megatall
i think that it's nice place for megatall!!!
i wish that the end of world trade center domination comes with build a megatall hudson spire!!
The so-called "Hudson Spire" could rank as one of the world's tallest buildings, rivaling towers in Dubai and Saudi Arabia.
as a result it can have that height.
nyc15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
435 10th ave., hudson spire, hudson yards, new york, nyc