daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2015, 11:44 PM   #981
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
I hope this tower is black like the Sears and Hancock towers in Chicago. We have enough blue with the World Trade Center and the Hudson Yards.

I think The Trump World Tower is one of my favorite towers in the city.
That would be awesome
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2015, 01:30 AM   #982
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2064

Very few buildings are clad in black glass these days .

Kanto liked this post
LondoniumLex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2015, 02:12 AM   #983
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

That's bad, black is in my opinion the most beautiful color for cladding and it would certainly help to ease the impact of New York's very cold climate
Old April 5th, 2015, 02:20 AM   #984
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
That's bad, black is in my opinion the most beautiful color for cladding and it would certainly help to ease the impact of New York's very cold climate
Maybe just because I'm from the North East but I don't think it's "Very Cold", half the year it's fairly warm and NY is actually a heat death trap in the summer. Can't imagine how much more energy it takes to cool the insides of Sears, Trump World Tower etc between May and September.

Black skyscrapers are still awesome though, of course.

onewtclover liked this post
Old April 5th, 2015, 03:39 AM   #985
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Yes. New York's climate is not nearly as cold as some may think. We have had an unusual amount of snow the past few years due to weather anomalies associated with global warming.
Old April 5th, 2015, 07:53 AM   #986
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondoniumLex View Post
I think this will be around 400m. I would not be surprised if it's anchored by a Chinese tenant. Something is clearly in the works!
If 61 stories is a more recent figure than 80+ what makes you say this?

Does Tishman want a signature tower really bad or something?
Old April 5th, 2015, 02:32 PM   #987
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Jay,

The 61 story figure is not set in stone. There's not even a DOB permit. Your fixation on This figure is unwarranted.

At 2.8m sf, this is going to be a very tall tower.

Kanto liked this post
Old April 5th, 2015, 07:33 PM   #988
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondoniumLex View Post
Jay,

The 61 story figure is not set in stone. There's not even a DOB permit. Your fixation on This figure is unwarranted.

At 2.8m sf, this is going to be a very tall tower.
I hope you're right, my "fixation" on the figure is just that it's the most recent we've heard so I'm trying not to have people get their hopes too high for 80+. Although 61 is likely not final either.

If they do go the full 2.8+ million and it's not fat then I agree, it should be really tall. Since it's Tishman I'm sure they want some sort of signature tower.

Kanto liked this post
Old April 6th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #989
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
the last thing NYC needs is another sorta tall building with a giant spire. There's already (counting antennas) the BOA, NYTimes, Conde Nast, WTC, ESB, AIG, Chrysler etc.

NO. SPIRES!
buildings with spires are the city's legacy and one of the skyline's greatest characteristics. Flat roofs are for fillers.

Jun 1955 (16) by Personanondata - Michael Cairns, on Flickr
Old April 6th, 2015, 12:38 AM   #990
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28351

Quote:
I hope you're right, my "fixation" on the figure is just that it's the most recent we've heard so I'm trying not to have people get their hopes too high for 80+. Although 61 is likely not final either.

If they do go the full 2.8+ million and it's not fat then I agree, it should be really tall. Since it's Tishman I'm sure they want some sort of signature tower.
The floors would be huge if they squeeze 2.8M sq ft into 61 floors.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 01:22 AM   #991
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
The floors would be huge if they squeeze 2.8M sq ft into 61 floors.
It would be, here's to hoping they don't waste this wonderful opportunity to build some garbage.

Kanto liked this post
Old April 6th, 2015, 01:23 AM   #992
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
buildings with spires are the city's legacy and one of the skyline's greatest characteristics. Flat roofs are for fillers.

I like the balance honestly, some spires some fat or sloped roofs. Too many spires just looks odd and a cheap way of gaining height.

To each their own though, if that's your thing that's your thing.

Kanto liked this post
Old April 6th, 2015, 02:00 AM   #993
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
I like the balance honestly, some spires some fat or sloped roofs. Too many spires just looks odd and a cheap way of gaining height.

To each their own though, if that's your thing that's your thing.
I know that there was this boom with spires in New York (BofA, NYTT, 4TS which are unfortunately very close to each other) but when you take a look at the supertalls which are currently U/C or in prep, very few have a spire. In fact the large majority has a flat roof and/or solid crown element. The whole Hudson Yards doesn't have a single tower with a spire so far.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 02:28 AM   #994
seb.nl

Likes (Received): 1279

One spire to rule them all, One Vanderbilt should be +/- 600m.

Kanto liked this post
seb.nl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:51 AM   #995
LondoniumLex
BANNED

NEWSTICKER
Deutsche Bank wohl vor Umzug oder Groß-Renovierung in New York
VON DAVID M. LEVITT
Große Banken wie etwa die Deutsche Bank AG, die einst dominierenden Mieter im unteren Teil Manhattans, kommen langsam zurück in den Markt. Nach Jahren, in denen sie mit den Nachwehen der...
(Bloomberg) -- Große Banken wie etwa die Deutsche Bank AG, die einst dominierenden Mieter im unteren Teil Manhattans, kommen langsam zurück in den Markt. Nach Jahren, in denen sie mit den Nachwehen der Finanzkrise zu tun hatten, suchen sie wieder nach Büroflächen.

Die Deutsche Bank beispielsweise schaut sich nach einer rund 1 Mio. Quadratfuß (93.000 Quadratmeter) großen Fläche um - fast genug, um Hauptmieter in einem neuen Gebäude zu werden. HSBC Holdings Plc will Büros mit einer Fläche von bis zu 700.000 Quadratfuß für ihren Hauptstandort in New York. Und Wells Fargo & Co. sucht rund 300.000 Quadratfuß, um dort einige der wichtigsten Investmentbanker unterzubringen.
Vermieter in Manhattan umgarnen Finanzfirmen, nachdem diese in den vergangenen Jahren eher am Spielfeldrand zu finden waren und Verträge oft mit Unternehmen aus den Branchen Technologie und Medien unterschrieben wurden.
Banken suchen nach neuen Büros, um sich zu verkleinern und so letztlich die Kosten zu senken, um Mitarbeiter von Außenbüros in die Stadt zu holen oder um Zentralen moderner zu machen, sagt Michael Cohen, der regionale Präsident beim Immobilienmakler Colliers International.
"Nach der Finanzkrise war zu beobachten, dass sich Banken von Büroflächen trennten", erklärt er. Als Beispiele nennt Cohen die Einschnitte von UBS Group AG in der Park Avenue und den Verkauf von Chase Manhattan Plaza durch JPMorgan Chase & Co. "Heute beobachten wir eine Stabilisierung."
Ähnlich sieht das auch Marc Holliday, Chef der New Yorker SL Green Realty Corp., dem größten Büro-Vermieter in der Stadt. Viele Makler seien jetzt der Meinung, "dass Banken hoffentlich die Regulierungen, ihr neues Umfeld, verstanden haben", sagt er. "Wir glauben, dass sie in der vor uns liegenden Zeit" ein großer Kunde sein werden.
Die Deutsche Bank überlegt, ob sie ihre US-Zentrale in der Wall Street Nr. 60 verlassen, dort bleiben oder sich verkleinern soll, erfuhr Bloomberg News von informierten Personen. Deutschlands größte Bank belegt das 1,66 Mio. Quadratfuß umfassende Bürogebäude, das sie einst auch besaß, alleine. Vergangenes Jahr hatte die Bank Kreisen zufolge gegenüber Vermietern erklärt, dass sie mindestens 1 Mio. Quadratfuß sucht.
Der aktuelle Mietvertrag des Frankfurter Finanzkonzerns läuft noch bis zum Jahr 2022, heißt es aus den Kreisen. Das gibt der Bank beispielsweise Zeit, neue geplante Hochhäuser am World Trade Center in Erwägung zu ziehen.
Sollte die Deutsche Bank im jetzigen Hochhaus, das sie 2007 für 1,18 Mrd. Dollar an Paramount Group Inc. verkauft hatte, bleiben, müssten die 2001 eingerichteten Büros laut Kreisen umfassend renoviert werden. Die Bank hatte bei der Veräußerung des Hauses versprochen, 15 Jahre zu bleiben.
"Wir werden nicht über unsere regionale Zentrale nach 2022 spekulieren", sagt Renee Calabro, eine Sprecherin der Bank. "Wir bleiben jedoch als eine der größten ausländischen Banken in den Vereinigten Staaten New York City verpflichtet."
Je größer die Nachfrage, umso weniger Optionen gibt es am Markt - trotz der neuen im Bau befindlichen Bürotürme in New York, warnt Greg Kraut vom Makler Avison Young, der auch in New York Büros unterhält. Zu den Projekten, die in der Stadt entstehen, gehören neben dem neuen World Trade Center auch der Gebäudekomplex der so genannten Hudson Yards und das Vanderbilt- Projekt am Bahnhof Grand Central.
Erst vergangenes Jahr hatte sich die Toronto-Dominion- Sparte TD Bank entschieden, ihre 200.000 Quadratfuß umfassende regionale Zentrale im Vanderbilt zu etablieren.
Einer Bank könnte laut Kraut genau die richtige Bürofläche durch die Lappen gehen, wenn sie jetzt nicht die Weichen stellt. "Es gibt eine große aufgestaute Nachfrage", erklärt er. "Viele haben etwas das Gefühl, dass sie, wenn sie jetzt nicht sofort etwas unternehmen, den Zug verpassen könnten."
--Mit Hilfe von Michael J. Moore, Dakin Campbell und Shoshanna Solomon.

http://m.welt.de/newsticker/bloomber...-New-York.html

Vertical_Gotham, Kanto liked this post
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:03 AM   #996
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

I hope they (DB) decide with the Hudson Spire. 1msf would be huge.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:20 AM   #997
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

An English translation of that would be nice, though!

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:30 AM   #998
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Hehe. I believe it's this...

Large Banks Getting Back Into Manhattan’s Office Market
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-office-market

Many banks looking!

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

citybooster, bodegavendetta liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:53 AM   #999
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

Thanks V_ G! It's over three weeks old though, more of a holding pattern describing what we already knew was an overview of the situation for the possibility of enticing some big banks to the HY area. Wish we could get some more concrete possibilities soon, though I really do think we should be bullish on these office towers getting serious attraction. I just hope not only from banks/ finance but media and technology oriented companies as well.
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 05:52 PM   #1000
Vortex2354

Likes (Received): 9

I still can't help to think that once this thing is actually revealed we are going to be blown away. Considering how many times other buildings have changed heights, and the amount of air rights this lot has, I think the final reveal will soar.
Vortex2354 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
435 10th ave., hudson spire, hudson yards, new york, nyc