daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2015, 08:06 PM   #1021
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 3643

^You really haven't changed a lot since the usafarid days, have you?

MarshallKnight, Zaz965 liked this post
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2015, 09:03 PM   #1022
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3591

I didn't realize there was a holdout situation here, but now that it's been resolved (per Curbed today), we should finally see some movement here!

Quote:
Tishman Speyer can finally move forward with their major Hudson Yards development now that they've settled with two holdout tenants in court. Crain's and the Post report that the two men who shared an apartment in an aging building that was acquired by the developer as part of its $438 million buy last spring settled with the major company for a hefty $25 million with the help of one of the city's most aggressive real estate lawyers. The two men are now living high in the sky on the 44th floor at a luxury building at 560 West 43rd Street called Riverbank West.

Now that the men have vacated their building on 35th Street and Tenth Avenue, Tishman can proceed with developing the 2.3 million square feet of new residential and commercial space they've plotted out for the block-long site at 435 Tenth Avenue and its adjacent site. The development parcel is just one block north of Related's Hudson Yards development, where its last holdout—a McDonald's—has finally given in to the developer's demands, awarding Related the last piece of its immense real estate puzzle.
Old November 26th, 2015, 02:47 AM   #1023
rnsone

Likes (Received): 6

A mega tall will rise at 435

The 984foot aforementioned height, is in all likelyhood a "dummy" height. Many developers in NYC are doing this these days. The official height is shrouded in secrecy. I give you this one caveat though. It doesn't cost $3billion+ USD to build a 984ft tall tower. This megatall will rise, the original company that won the Hudson Yards project, lost it due to some red tape. Now they're in control of 435 Tenth ave., what better way to thumb your nose at the company that took over HY? By putting it in your shadow, figuratively speaking, lol.

Zaz965 liked this post
rnsone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 06:53 PM   #1024
TheIllinoisan

Likes (Received): 539

This isnt going to be a mega tall.
TheIllinoisan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 07:48 PM   #1025
MarshallKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsone View Post
... what better way to thumb your nose at the company that took over HY? By putting it in your shadow, figuratively speaking, lol.
And literally!

I agree with you on a couple points, namely that the current figures (and even floor count) should not be trusted, that the $3bn is an eyewatering number even for NYC, and that Tishman may want to make a statement... That said, I don't think a megatall is realistic. So far, even the most lucrative new developments (all luxury condos) are only scratching the 1500ft range, and this will ostensibly be office, which has a lower return.

My guess is that this will wind up being a combo building with office below and residential above, and that Tishman will aim to overshadow HY and perhaps go for a new tallest roof.

If I'm an oddsmaker in Vegas, I'm setting the over/under at 1400ft. Personally, I'm taking the over; wouldn't surprise me if we get something close to 1650.

Woostl, bodegavendetta liked this post

Last edited by MarshallKnight; November 26th, 2015 at 07:55 PM.
MarshallKnight está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 07:49 PM   #1026
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllinoisan View Post
This isnt going to be a mega tall.
Yea... I'm not sure what he's talking about lol. The latest height figure we've heard is 1200 feet but I really hope it ends up higher than that to be taller than the HY tower. ~1400 would be nice
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #1027
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Yea... I'm not sure what he's talking about lol. The latest height figure we've heard is 1200 feet but I really hope it ends up higher than that to be taller than the HY tower. ~1400 would be nice
there has been no height figure release as of yet. We only have the advertised 1800' figure, and a preliminary floor count. (which led to numerous speculative heights - but nothing from the horse's mouth)
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 09:53 PM   #1028
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
there has been no height figure release as of yet. We only have the advertised 1800' figure, and a preliminary floor count. (which led to numerous speculative heights - but nothing from the horse's mouth)
Maybe I'm confused with another project but I'm pretty sure I heard sometime this year that this tower would be 1200', I'll go see if I can find that info.

Of course even if that was said it might not be final.

EDIT: Here, post #12, of course this is not 100% reliable/is speculation but it's something...

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...tishman+speyer

MarshallKnight liked this post

Last edited by Jay; November 26th, 2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old November 27th, 2015, 11:40 PM   #1029
kingsdl76

Likes (Received): 43

Height

"If" developers go tall, the building will probably fall in the 1300 - 1600 ft range. However, only a few years ago I would not have believed that the Central Park Tower would rise to a roof height of 1550, so maybe something taller is in store; I certainly hope so! I'll tell you this, if NY is ever going to have a "Mega-tall," there is no better place than the Hudson Yards region.

Zaz965 liked this post
kingsdl76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 11:45 PM   #1030
Jay

^source?
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:56 PM   #1031
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
I wonder if Ping An US is interested in this project, they already partnered with Tishman Speyer and another Chinese firm for a Boston project, and this article heavily implies that they might be invested in a NYC project as well.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2016/01/...al-estate-arm/

Quote:
[...]
Ping An’s U.S. real estate presence thus far has been outside of the New York market, having partnered, alongside fellow Chinese insurance giant China Life, with Tishman Speyer for a stake in the developer’s $500 million Pier 4 waterfront development in Boston.
But Singer said the new venture is “absolutely” looking at New York as part of its strategy to invest in core urban areas – citing the city as “the biggest and most important” of those core markets. PARE U.S. is actively in “discussions with many of the large developers in New York,” he said, citing its “ongoing relationship with Tishman Speyer,” and well as conversations with the likes of Silverstein Properties.
[...]
Old January 8th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #1032
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Ping An and Spires, they don't go along so well.

Eric Offereins, matty_jy liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 12:26 AM   #1033
MarshallKnight

He shoots, he scores!
MarshallKnight está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 04:27 AM   #1034
Tower Dude

Likes (Received): 588

If I remember the whole PAFT thing correctly it was more of how it was in a flight path Or something

"Make no small plans they lack the magic to stir men's blood!" - Daniel Burnham

"The scale is Roman and will have to be sustained."
- Charles Follen McKim (In a letter to a friend concerning the design of Penn Station)
Tower Dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 09:38 AM   #1035
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

True, but that news was way too late.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 07:19 AM   #1036
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Dude View Post
If I remember the whole PAFT thing correctly it was more of how it was in a flight path Or something
Manhattan is a no-fly zone up to about 2000 feet high as a method of ensuring that no aircraft get close enough to buildings to crash into them. With 1300 foot towers rising at Hudson Yards, a 1454 foot tip of the ESB a few blocks east and towers up to 1800 feet tall north of this and the 1776 foot 1WTC south of this, flight paths should be no problem with regards to height.

Also, with regards to the site itself, the parking lot currently there is still actively taking reservations online and selling monthly passes. For some reason, it is sold out at midnight, unless they don't allow overnight parking...
https://www.parkwhiz.com/p/new-york-...cation_id=7357

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 06:29 AM   #1037
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Old February 8th, 2016, 06:51 AM   #1038
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4607

It does deserve a dancing banana.

Terraced Tower Is Set to Rise Near the High Line
http://canmua.net/new-york/terraced-...ne-397825.html

Quote:
A rendering of the Spiral, Tishman Speyer's 65-story office tower. Photo: Tishman Speyer
At the northern end of the High Line, Tishman Speyer is aiming to extend the park’s wild, natural beauty 65 stories into the air.
The developer plans to build a $3 billion-plus office tower in the Hudson Yards district that will feature cascading terraces decked with foliage, atriums with ceilings as high as 23 feet and a glass facade. Conceptual designs for what is being called the Spiral will be formally unveiled Monday, launching the process of finding an anchor tenant.

Designed by renowned Danish architect Bjarke Ingels, the skyscraper has an outdoor terrace on every tenant floor with an adjacent atrium. A glass wall will separate the spaces.
“This punctuates the High Line as the dot on the end of the question mark,” said Mr. Ingels, referring to the building in relation to the curve of the transformed elevated freight line. “This linear urban garden climbs higher and higher from the High Line to the skyline, if you like.”
The Spiral will rise 1,005 feet at 66 Hudson Blvd., filling the block between West 34th and West 35th streets and 10th Avenue and Hudson Park and Boulevard. It will have 2.85 million square feet, with about 27,000 square feet devoted to retail shops.
Tishman Speyer is looking to pre-lease about 30% of the building to obtain construction financing. The company already has secured more than $1 billion in equity from a group of international investors and has received approval for a 25-year tax abatement worth about $170 million, tapping into the incentives the city provides to developers in the district.
Reminds me a lot of the despised 2WTC.

mrsmartman, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by Ghostface79; February 8th, 2016 at 07:32 AM.
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 07:28 AM   #1039
Tower Dude

Likes (Received): 588

I like this tower, this is good. The terraced design invokes that post-war setbacks on Park Ave. Wished it ended up being a spire but this will do.

"Make no small plans they lack the magic to stir men's blood!" - Daniel Burnham

"The scale is Roman and will have to be sustained."
- Charles Follen McKim (In a letter to a friend concerning the design of Penn Station)
Tower Dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:26 AM   #1040
JohnDee

Likes (Received): 243

Hate Ingles work. His towers are boring deconstructivist boxes. NYC needed something like the Shanghai Tower here, or the SWFC, or something with an outline that wasn't another damn box! Wasted opp.

Last edited by JohnDee; February 8th, 2016 at 11:35 AM.
JohnDee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
435 10th ave., hudson spire, hudson yards, new york, nyc