daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2014, 11:32 PM   #101
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet-d View Post
1.2 million square feet isn't that much considering how tall this will be. Devon Tower has 1.8 million square feet and it's only 844 feet tall (257 m). It's actually kind of disappointing with that amount of square footage. But the render still looks really good.
yea, it would be great if Sherwood also sells their half to the buyer too or offer a partnership to build the 2.5 msf super tower.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #102
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

This would be nice if it were real
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #103
nyc15

Likes (Received): 160

with this + 2000 feet tower ,the empire state building will lose domination from hudson river view
i have montined +2000ft because when added the spire can exceed this height
if you noticed they cut height of the north tower because the megatall comes !!!!
hope to see 2132ft!
1800ft is the roof and with spire is 2132ft nearly 650m
nyc15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #104
Winoc

Likes (Received): 41

Back on topic, I'm still feeling quite skeptical about this tower being 1,800ft. My guess is that they will make it a short, fat one like 50 Hudson blvd unless recent height decreases to 30 Hudson mean that the obs. deck is about to be moved to 50 Hudson blvd...

*IF* 50 Hudson blvd is radically redesigned though, you can bet that any developer of this potetial tower will do everything in their power to exceed it.

Last edited by desertpunk; June 23rd, 2014 at 05:46 AM. Reason: watch it!
Winoc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:59 AM   #105
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

Oh please don't be so depressing....... I think something really big will get built here, most simply because of all he available spaces to go higher than the Central Park area towers(and at best we'll only have five or six supertalls in my opinion in that immediate area that are effectively spread out to avoid the wrath of the shadow busting Central Park NIMBYs) there is the wide open spaces of the West Side... they'll maximize this one and hopefully get better designs for the two other Hudson Yards area towers... the third one, not officially HY because Related doesn't own the property, is the Girasole and that will be a great addition. Hopefully gets a little taller too(currently listed as 1,050 ft) but a beautiful proposal right now as is.
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:36 AM   #106
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

If this thing gets built (which I doubt it will), it'd be a HUGE thing for America because I think we all know they can only get so far in global building competition in terms of height. I found one more "rendering", not sure if it's been posted but it's worth a repost:

I think it's going to be at LEAST a good 20 years before a tower rises that's taller than 1 WTC. Whether this building gets built or not will be a really interesting topic. In other words, I don't think this'll get built, but I hope it does.
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #107
Guy Noir

Likes (Received): 168

Not crazy about the placeholder. Looking forward to seeing an actual design.

NY's Supertall boom is great, but I've been eager to see a SuperMegafragilistic Something go up. Does that 2000' limit cover all of Manhattan Island?
Guy Noir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #108
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Noir View Post
Not crazy about the placeholder. Looking forward to seeing an actual design.

NY's Supertall boom is great, but I've been eager to see a SuperMegafragilistic Something go up. Does that 2000' limit cover all of Manhattan Island?
All of USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winoc View Post

Hey nyc15 -AKA- usafarid, weren't you banned?

Back on topic, I'm still feeling quite skeptical about this tower being 1,800ft. My guess is that they will make it a short, fat one like 50 Hudson blvd unless recent height decreases to 30 Hudson mean that the obs. deck is about to be moved to 50 Hudson blvd...

*IF* 50 Hudson blvd is radically redesigned though, you can bet that any developer of this potetial tower will do everything in their power to exceed it.
This has some residential which would make the top fairly thin even if they went as economical ass possible like 50 hy.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #109
N.Y.C.H

Likes (Received): 407

If this doesn't go through, still a step in the right direction for them to even consider something taller then 1 WTC.
N.Y.C.H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 04:22 AM   #110
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Y.C.H View Post
If this doesn't go through, still a step in the right direction for them to even consider something taller then 1 WTC.
If 1,800' doesn't go, this will end up being the height the Nordstrom is supposed to be which is 1550' to the roof at least. The Hudson Spire has the same 1.5 msf as the Nordstrom and since this is marketed as the Hudson Spire this thing should have a spire which can take it just short of 1776', but this will be good enough to take the roof height crown in the US. That would be good enough for me and this will be the jewel of the Yards and maybe of the city.

Although I can definitely see a really ambitious developer from somewhere in this world to build this to its full potential so he can puff out his chest and say I'm the man in the biggest stage in the world.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; January 19th, 2014 at 04:40 AM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 04:50 AM   #111
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

I thought the Nordstrom Tower is 1550 to the roof at most. But I'm not sure the phrase "to the roof" will affect much, because the current design doesn't have a spire (and I'm not sure it will have any vanity height). I'd rather this building have a height decrease than be cancelled.
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 05:28 AM   #112
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

Nordstrom had tallest floor filed at 1550ft. Roof would have been taller. Hell still could be who knows what's next.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #113
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I see realty agents are doing great job advertising this site. What I don't get is why someone made thread in Proposed Supertalls for an empty plot. But whatever. What I think is that tower at this plot have no chance going as tall as advertised. What is happening right now is clearly an advertising campaign. So obviously they throw numbers much bigger than the actual developer would go with. And so far it works for imagination it seems. At least here everyone's going mental about it
Why do you think so?
Old January 20th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #114
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

There is no conceivable way that this tower will be less than 300m. No one will sacrifice air rights.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #115
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Of course anything that will be build there will be a supertall. But I'm quite positive it have little chance reaching that 550m mark. It is a maximum theoretic height envisioned by the sellers of the plot, not the developer, who will be most likely more focused on feasibility than on the height, hence the final product will be very likely lower than that.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #116
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I agree.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #117
Trex-md
In Reason We Trust

Likes (Received): 162

I was just in Washington and I was discussing the 2000 ft height limit with an amigo in the FAA. Apparently, it's not inconceivable that the hight limit could be reversed if the top of a structure were to be equipped with lights that emit enough lumens to penetrate dense fog/ clouds up to 15 miles... Allowing a pilot to maneuver the craft to avoid a mid-air collision.
Trex-md no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #118
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex-md View Post
I was just in Washington and I was discussing the 2000 ft height limit with an amigo in the FAA. Apparently, it's not inconceivable that the hight limit could be reversed if the top of a structure were to be equipped with lights that emit enough lumens to penetrate dense fog/ clouds up to 15 miles... Allowing a pilot to maneuver the craft to avoid a mid-air collision.
i'm sure there are ways around the height limit, which would probably involve making the top of the structure obvious enough to see at day and night. This probably includes extra warning lights and paint schemes/ other forms of lighting.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #119
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

Or pilots could just stop flying their planes at 600m altitude over Manhattan.
droneriot está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #120
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

I have a feeling some people still donīt get what is currently happening in NYC, what it means to have unlimited air rights, and especially what a gargantuan momentum and potential the west side has. The phase one is just a small teaser of what will come. And i am sure this area will house a building no one expects in NYC. Lets go back 5 years ago and imagine saying to someone what will happen on the 57th street what is happening now. This city finally unleashes itīs beast and goes the crazy way it should have for decades.

Tags
435 10th ave., hudson spire, hudson yards, new york, nyc