daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 28th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #2401
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7892

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiek9300 View Post
Sorry, but for mea few supertalls doesn't make Moscow's skyline such good as Paris, London or Istanbul have.
It is a pity that you have bias. Moscow is not only 5 supertalls. Although they create a skyline of the same width, which is higher. It is also a very large number of buildings (150 +) in Europe. 38 in Moscow and 3 in Milan. And in Moscow skyline worse? The world is full of prejudices.The world does not love Russia and Russian. But we have become accustomed.
Photos illustrating my words:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiggy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzhendoyanV View Post
Khodynka, Moscow

Noren_, ekko, Radiokott liked this post
Blackhavvk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #2402
markfos
San Escobar

Likes (Received): 4286

Quantity is not the point, Moscow's cluster looks kind of artificial, does not form the city.

erbse, DimaF liked this post
markfos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #2403
misiek9300

Likes (Received): 487

It's just too big area and the skyline is stretched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
The world does not love Russia and Russian.
Yeah, you're always victims.
misiek9300 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #2404
Nubian_Warrior
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1603

Vladivostok,

I think Vladivostok has a superb density distribution in few years time it will look beyond perfection !

(c)Alex Khitrov

ekko, Noren_, Wolfowitsch liked this post
Nubian_Warrior no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #2405
Union.SLO
Existere et persistere

Likes (Received): 2045

Quote:
38 in Moscow and 3 in Milan. And in Moscow skyline worse? The world is full of prejudices.The world does not love Russia and Russian.
Why are you artificially creating a scapegoat of yourself and necessarily connect "not being fully impressed by the skyline of the city of Moscow" with "not liking the Russian country and nation"?

I'm not saying that some folks in here are not indeed being evidently negatively biased towards anything Russian, but still, such generalizing - if you don't like the looks of Moscow (or part of it), then you're against Russia - is just ridiculous.

For my part, even though I find Moscow's skyline interesting and unique I don't find it as aesthetically pleasing as the ones in Western and Central Europe. Does that make me a Russia hater albeit I have nothing against your nation?

misiek9300, erbse, Wolfowitsch liked this post
Union.SLO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #2406
Nubian_Warrior
BANNED

Any one who doesnt like Moscow skyline, they most likely hate L.A and Houston Skyline!
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #2407
KlausDiggy

Likes (Received): 8904

I'm still a big fan of the skyline of Moscow. There are so many beautiful buildings of world-class. I think many of the people here are just jealous, that moscow has the largest and most importantly highest skyline.

For the Moscow International Business Center, it is now especially important to build in the width instead in the height. The cluster needs a few 160-180m buildings around it. In addition, the Skyline needs a few buildings with other facades than glass.

Then Moscow will be unbeatable.
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #2408
Nubian_Warrior
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiggy View Post
I'm still a big fan of the skyline of Moscow. There are so many beautiful buildings of world-class. I think many of the people here are just jealous, that moscow has the largest and most importantly highest skyline.

For the Moscow International Business Center, it is now especially important to build in the width instead in the height. The cluster needs a few 160-180m buildings around it. In addition, the Skyline needs a few buildings with other facades than glass.

Then Moscow will be unbeatable.
I'm not sure if the current Russian economy will allow for further supertalls, but Moscow's mayor is a backward , ignorant man when he decided to cease all the supertall projects around the Moscow's Business Center !
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #2409
Blackhavvk

Without a doubt, when some people do not consider Moscow skyline best then that's fine. (Which is almost the same as the skyscrapers in Paris, Frankfurt and London combined). But when the chorus claiming that Moscow is a 5, 6 or 7 place, then it is a universal hatred of all things Russian. She's just unconscious. We did not invent enemies. For us the most important thing is justice. And you obviously problems with justice. I just can not stand to what or when treated unfairly.
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #2410
misiek9300

Ok. I'm agree, Moscow International Business Center is really great, building with high quality and it looks very impressive, but still Skyline is not good for me. That's my opinion. And I don't have any biases.
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #2411
misiek9300

Quote:
Without a doubt, when some people do not consider Moscow skyline best then that's fine. (Which is almost the same as the skyscrapers in Paris, Frankfurt and London combined). But when the chorus claiming that Moscow is a 5, 6 or 7 place, then it is a universal hatred of all things Russian. She's just unconscious. We did not invent enemies. For us the most important thing is justice. And you obviously problems with justice. I just can not stand to what or when treated unfairly.
So only your opinion is right? I can't have mine?
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #2412
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82113

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperus View Post
Why are you so sure in that? Russia with China is fastest growing economy
I don't think you have checked the latest statistics .

As to Moscow: the cluster is really good. The turning tower looks great. But Moscow still misses some spreading. If a few towers pop up in other places, creating a 'wall' of towers instead of just one packed cluster, it might look even better.
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #2413
Bligh

Likes (Received): 816

Quote:
Nor can you force an opinion on a free-minded person. Let's remember that this is a forum... a site that promotes discussion. These discussions are obviously going to include disagreements in taste and preference.

Everybody has different tastes and ideas. I for one do not think that Moscow is the best skyline in Europe - but it is definitely my 2nd best and should be in most peoples top skylines. But I know that a lot of people would disagree with me. Why? Because different people have different opinions.

I can understand why you're upset that you feel there is an Anti-Russian/Moscow feel on this thread... but just keep in mind that the vast majority of people on this thread are Western European. Let's be honest, we have never been the greatest of neighbors to eachother. I for one try to drop any personal views and stay politically neutral on here - but this doesn't happen with everyone I'm afraid. There will always be a bias.

But aslong as you're friendly and not forceful about your opinion, you'll {hopefully} give a good reputation for your City and it's Skyline.

Now let's get on with some Skyline reviewing...
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #2414
Bligh

Likes (Received): 816

That Milan Expo 2015 video a pages or two back was AMAZING. I really enjoyed it. I love how they have included the skyline and Milan's modern towers to the overall feel to the Expo.

Top work.
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #2415
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82113

Frankfurt

Frankfurt Skyline HDR by  rednaxela_west, on Flickr

KlausDiggy liked this post

Last edited by JanVL; July 28th, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #2416
Blackhavvk

At this time, MIBC receives all new projects.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...0&postcount=52
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #2417
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19049

Guys, I have deleted several off-topic posts. Let's try to stay on the topic of European skylines. These off-topic posts only seem to lead to fighting anyway.

Anyway, regarding Moscow's skyline, a lot of the architecture is just not my tastes, and you should respect the fact that it's just not the taste other people as well. I don't like when some people rank the Miami skyline below certain others, but it is what it is and people are entitled to their opinion.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Zaz965 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #2418
Nubian_Warrior
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanVL View Post
Nominal (Millions of US$):

Russia (2013): 2,118,006
California (2013): 2.050.000

PPP ($Billion):

Russia (2013): 2,556.2
California: ? - can't find the exact number

Hmm, this is an unexpected off-topic here.

Anyway:

Frankfurt

Frankfurt Skyline HDR by  rednaxela_west, on Flickr
Frankfurt has a great Skyline!

PS
When you compare Russia to California please remember the population difference 150 mil vs 40 mil
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #2419
Blackhavvk

Del
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:53 PM   #2420
GIIG
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

buildings to go up in canary wharf alone next year...note: they have amazing designs and top notch quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Rising View Post
An optimistic prediction for Canary Wharf construction in 2015:

Most likely to be under construction:

Diamond Tower: 220m

Wood Wharf A1: 204m (unlikely to be at superstructure phase, but basement works).

Wood Wharf A3: 150m (unlikely to be at superstructure phase, but basement works).

Baltimore Tower: 150m (nearing completion)

Providence Tower: 136m (nearing completion)

Helix Tower B: 127m

40 Marsh Wall: 124m

Dollar Bay Tower 109m

Helix Tower A: 108m

Horizons: 81m

Good Chance for construction in 2015:

Arrowhead Quay tower 1: 183m (Developer making noises about starting this one up).

Arrowhead Quay tower 2: 170m (Developer making noises about starting this one up).

10 Bank Street: C. 140m - 186m (Developer already clearing the site and making noises about construction starting soon despite detailed plans yet to be submitted.)

One Bank Street: C. 140m - 186m (Developer already clearing the site and making noises about construction starting soon despite detailed plans yet to be submitted. Less likely to start up next year than 10 Bank Street)

Long shots for construction in 2015:

Hertsmere Tower: 237m (yet to go into planning, but has the backing of the Chinese Greenland group)

Riverside South 1: 236m (More likely to start up in 2016)

City Pride: 233m

Riverside South 2: 189m (More likely to start up in 2016)

Plenty more towers could start up in 2015. Here's hoping for more good news before the end of the year.

Bligh, Ivanator liked this post
GIIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw