daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #2881
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Likes (Received): 9117

Vienna:

Vienna DC por Tanja Arnold Photography, en Flickr

Aarhus - the second largest city in Denmark

Aarhus...my Aarhus
aarhusforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #2882
aarhusforever
EU citizen

London:

Skyscrapers por Maciek Makowski, en Flickr

Aarhus...my Aarhus

JanVL, Union.SLO, Ivanator, ekko liked this post
Old August 17th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #2883
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 4741

[IMG]http://i62.************/11l2zb4.png[/IMG]
Brescia

aarhusforever liked this post
luckyricky@hotmail.i no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #2884
doguorsi2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7047

I am in Moscow right now. I don't think I have ever seen anywhere as depressive as Moscow. Russia has been the biggest disappointment between all the other countries I have ever been to. The cluster is actually so small that I barely noticed it. I am not writing this to bash on Russia or Moscow. I am just letting people know that Moscow is not as it appears in pictures. Be aware! DO NOT GRAB A CAB AT THE AIRPORT!!! Stick with the well known international brands such as Hilton, McDonald's, Four Seasons, KFC, Burger King etc. Otherwise, you are going to pay 50 dollars for a cup of coffee, 150 dollars for a ride from the airport to the city center. No one speaks English. NO ONE. Not the police, not the receptionist, not the stock exchange cashier. You can not explain yourself. They scream in Russian to your face and literally rob you.

Avoid Russia all together if you can. Trust me, Moscow is so much better to see in pictures.

Last edited by doguorsi2; August 17th, 2014 at 11:48 PM.
doguorsi2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #2885
Apfelsaft

Likes (Received): 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by doguorsi2 View Post
I am in Moscow right now. I don't think I have ever seen anywhere as depressive as Moscow. Russia has been the biggest disappointment between all the other countries I have ever been to. The cluster is actually so small that I barely noticed it. I am not writing this to bash on Russia or Moscow. I am just letting people know that Moscow is not as it appears in pictures. Be aware! DO NOT GRAB A CAB AT THE AIRPORT!!! Stick with the well known international brands such as Hilton, McDonald's, Four Seasons, KFC, Burger King etc. Otherwise, you are going to pay 50 dollars for a cup of coffee, 150 dollars for a ride from the airport to the city center. No one speaks English. NO ONE. Not the police, not the receptionist, not the stock exchange cashier. You can not explain yourself. They scream in Russian to your face and literally rob you.

Avoid Russia all together if you can. Trust me, Moscow is so much better to see in pictures.
Thanks for the advise buddy. I'm having a class trip to St.Petersburg in 3 weeks, my teacher already warned us that Russia is still a little... backward. But it's a experience after all.
Apfelsaft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:23 AM   #2886
[email protected]

[IMG]http://i61.************/vwucgn.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i60.************/noa41w.png[/IMG] Jesolo / Oslo

JustWatch, Major Deegan liked this post
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #2887
ekko
Либераст

Likes (Received): 3589

Why do you put yourself in order to find anything bad in Russia? If you wish, I can find a bunch of bad moments in Istanbul, but do not want to, I just do not want to pay attention to such things, do not spoil your mood due to the smallest detail.
* Russia actually a developing country, it lags behind the developed European countries in some things. Too rough and harsh, yes, there is a problem with the prices, but the fact that all you rob, this is nonsense. Now in the center of the tourist police introduced, whose staff speak English and will be able to help in a difficult situation ...
It is true, the cluster is very small against the backdrop of a giant city. True, Moscow is one of the most expensive cities to live in the world. Prices in Moscow stand out among other Russian cities. Only in what Moscow depressing? Young family walking along the waterfront, young people hanging out in the park, riding on skateboards and bicycles, now in Moscow during the interesting events and exhibitions. Beautiful 19th-century building, monumental in its own way interesting buildings of the Stalin period ... And yes, the young people in Moscow are mostly speak English, do not ask the older people (who are 45 years and more, as in most post-Soviet countries ). They lived in the Soviet Union and were taught in German youth, they do not care in English now.

Try not to pay attention to the prices, they really unrealistically high for the rest of Russia, look at the people who go to the Gorky Park, visit the exhibition Moscow Jam on Manezh Square ... Again, I am offended by how much nerve it takes to fend off the negative comments.

Well, this is your opinion, in any case, I respect him. There are problems, they must be solved. Apfelsaft incorrigible russophobe as usual ... He was silent for so long, and when the conversation comes up about Russia, he immediately began to write about how it is bad.

P.S Poles as usual, put likes to negative posts about Russia ... And never appreciate our photos. Continue in the same spirit, brothers. It's too bad that the number of such people is becoming more and more. I said everything I wanted, adios amigos.

[email protected], doguorsi2, Noren_ liked this post

Last edited by ekko; August 18th, 2014 at 06:47 AM.
ekko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:54 AM   #2888
Redmadhatt3r

Likes (Received): 1961

Quote:

Yeah, Putin photoshoped the cluster, there is no any skyscrapers.
Redmadhatt3r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #2889
Major Deegan

Likes (Received): 3992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apfelsaft View Post
Thanks for the advise buddy. I'm having a class trip to St.Petersburg in 3 weeks, my teacher already warned us that Russia is still a little... backward. But it's a experience after all.
Yes, they eat yer feeble Western souls for breakfast in Russia, doncha know?

Last edited by Major Deegan; August 18th, 2014 at 12:30 PM.
Major Deegan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #2890
WMS
BANANED BY VOLT CENTERTEL

Likes (Received): 2359

Oslo looks fine, not much of the tall, but really nice designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekko View Post
P.S Poles as usual, put likes to negative posts about Russia ... And never appreciate our photos. Continue in the same spirit, brothers. It's too bad that the number of such people is becoming more and more. I said everything I wanted, adios amigos.
Yeah it's Poland's fault as always. Btw I suppose @rychlik is from Canada and @applesaft from Germany, but you know that better.
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #2891
Major Deegan

Likes (Received): 3992

Turks, it's 100 years. Time to get over yer butthurt, eh?
Major Deegan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #2892
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7134

This is not a thread about how bad Moscow. This is a thread on the best European Skyline and that would not swear, let's stop the discussion of Moscow. I know that no one in the West do not like it. In order to avoid conflicts, just be quiet and get profiled thread there and write about Moscow

aarhusforever, ekko liked this post

Last edited by Blackhavvk; August 18th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
Blackhavvk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #2893
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Quote:

Hi doguorsi2

Wow, I guess you needed to blow some steam of, when you wrote those words I usually always find your words thought-through and well spoken, but in this case I think, you came of to strong and angry. If a guy from Moscow wrote the same offensive words about Istanbul, im sure you would be the first to set him straight

We don't need any bashing of countries or cities in this thread...we don't...so let's all just act mature and keep posting positive words and photos it is very easy to offend people (whether one mean to or not) in the internet, but it's very hard making everyone come together and stay friendly and positive...however I think we should choose the hard way and not argue and insult each other...(and yes, we all know, what the difference is between constructive discussions with sound arguments and city/country bashing)

Remember we are all European brothers and sisters and should not fight among ourselves

Lets all get along and remember not to write in anger

Aarhus...my Aarhus

ekko, KlausDiggy liked this post

Last edited by aarhusforever; August 18th, 2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #2894
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 354

Quote:
The cluster is actually so small that I barely noticed it...... Trust me, Moscow is so much better to see in pictures.
Moscow had ZERO modern skyscrapers a decade ago so calling the cluster small is ridiculous.

It'll grow in time. Maybe. If it doesn't at least the CBD looks complete.

Maybe it's like Dubai. The buildings seem very close because they are so tall. ..

10 of the 14 future tallest in Europe are in this cluster.

Very ambitious and certainly one serious backbone for further expansion.

I think the feeling of getting ripped off clouded your judgement (and I think we've all been there if not in Moscow then elsewhere)
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #2895
Apfelsaft

Likes (Received): 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by KøbenhavnK View Post
Moscow had ZERO modern skyscrapers a decade ago so calling the cluster small is ridiculous.

It'll grow in time. Maybe. If it doesn't at least the CBD looks complete.

Maybe it's like Dubai. The buildings seem very close because they are so tall. ..

10 of the 14 future tallest in Europe are in this cluster.

Very ambitious and certainly one serious backbone for further expansion.

I think the feeling of getting ripped off clouded your judgement (and I think we've all been there if not in Moscow then elsewhere)
I think he wasn't referring to the height of those skyscrapers but the size of the area in which are skyscraper...
Apfelsaft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #2896
doguorsi2
BANNED

Wow okay guys. You all know that I am a pretty decent guy when it comes to civil conversations regarding countries, cities and cultures. It was just a travel advice for foreigners. As I mentioned, I didn't mean to bash on Moscow or anything. I am sorry if it sounded harsh or insulting in any way.

Some of those Russian skyscrapers are built by Turkish construction companies and they are beautiful. However, the cluster is so small and in the middle of nowhere. It seems a bit odd to place beautiful buildings very close to each other, far far away from the city. The size of the Moscow CBD is so small that it appears insignificant to the rest of the city. I am not saying anything about the buildings but the CBD project as a whole.

Everyone has a different taste in terms of urban planning, architecture, life style and culture. Moscow didn't satisfy me but it might satisfy you. However, again, be aware. They will rob you and you don't want that!

PS. I hope to see Oslo more often. It is not tall but very classy and that great architecture can be implemented on taller buildings.

ekko liked this post
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #2897
[email protected]

[IMG]http://i57.************/2h82uc4.png[/IMG]
Genoa

Fab87 liked this post
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #2898
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Likes (Received): 18863

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekko View Post
Well I wonder why is that... Maybe stop invading countries around you and we will talk differently then.

Quote:
However, the cluster is so small and in the middle of nowhere. It seems a bit odd to place beautiful buildings very close to each other, far far away from the city. The size of the Moscow CBD is so small that it appears insignificant to the rest of the city. I am not saying anything about the buildings but the CBD project as a whole.
This is typical for most of the European cities, where modern skyscrapers only begin to rise. You can see that in Milan, Vienna, Barcelona, Paris. It's because those cities are protecting It's historic centers. It's good for old buildings but usually not so good for new skyscraper districts - large distances between those and city centers, no housing, no gastronomy and shops (only offices) and the fact that they are sorrounded by highways tends to make those districts lifeless and unattractive. This is why cities with mixed use centre like Boston, NYC, Philly, Warsaw, Frankfurt, ec have advantage. American cities ususally don't give a sh**t about XIX-century buildings so they can be replaced with new skycrapers. Warsaw and Frankfurt were lucky (and unlucky, it depends how you see that..) because of destruction during WW2 - they had already space for new highrise development.

Bo gdzie byś nie był i jak by cię nie przyjęli
Nigdy nie będziesz się czuł jak na Obiecanej Ziemi

Łódź - Remonty kamienic i zabytków - 2010, 2011, 2012
Łódzkie absurdy drogowe - ŁAD na Facebooku!

NYC & EastCoast USA!

Apfelsaft, croomm, LDN N7 liked this post

Last edited by dexter2; August 18th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
dexter2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #2899
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7134

Quote:
Wow okay guys. You all know that I am a pretty decent guy when it comes to civil conversations regarding countries, cities and cultures. It was just a travel advice for foreigners. As I mentioned, I didn't mean to bash on Moscow or anything. I am sorry if it sounded harsh or insulting in any way.

Some of those Russian skyscrapers are built by Turkish construction companies and they are beautiful. However, the cluster is so small and in the middle of nowhere. It seems a bit odd to place beautiful buildings very close to each other, far far away from the city. The size of the Moscow CBD is so small that it appears insignificant to the rest of the city. I am not saying anything about the buildings but the CBD project as a whole.

Everyone has a different taste in terms of urban planning, architecture, life style and culture. Moscow didn't satisfy me but it might satisfy you. However, again, be aware. They will rob you and you don't want that!

PS. I hope to see Oslo more often. It is not tall but very classy and that great architecture can be implemented on taller buildings.
I look forward to when you calm down. I was in Istanbul in 2010, and I know perfectly well what city beautiful Moscow or Istanbul. Unfortunately, even a tenth of the beauty of Moscow you do not have. But you continue to compare the incomparable, and even in their favor. But I know that you have the right to speak their thoughts. Do this in a more appropriate forum threads. Or are you specifically trying to quarrel people?
Blackhavvk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #2900
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
I look forward to when you calm down. I was in Istanbul in 2010, and I know perfectly well what city beautiful Moscow or Istanbul. Unfortunately, even a tenth of the beauty of Moscow you do not have. But you continue to compare the incomparable, and even in their favor. But I know that you have the right to speak their thoughts. Do this in a more appropriate forum threads. Or are you specifically trying to quarrel people?
I really don't understand your English but I am calm. I apologize. I didn't mean to offend our Russian friends here in this forum. I just really didn't have a good travel experience in Russia and wanted to share my honest thoughts with Russian and other European friends in this thread.

Apfelsaft, aarhusforever liked this post

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw