daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 9th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #5301
Kćnugarđur
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2277

Dnipropetrovsk,Ukraine

https://vk.com/dp.photo

ekko, taskula liked this post
Kćnugarđur no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2015, 03:45 PM   #5302
kisssme

Likes (Received): 5696

Old March 9th, 2015, 03:47 PM   #5303
kisssme

KlausDiggy liked this post
kisssme está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:19 PM   #5304
ilbonboo

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Kyiv is one of the oldest cities of Eastern Europe and played a pivotal role in the development of the medieval East Slavic civilization
I'm Slav by myself and Slavs didn't contributed a lot to civilisation to be honest. Besides The Kyiv Pechersk Lavra Kiev has nothing neat. On the other hand Reneisssance which started in Italy built entire modern world. Milan has it's Cathedral, Sforza Castle, Parco Sempione, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II... It's Europe's capital of fashion and art. Saying it's big village is one of most stupid things I ever heard especially from some Eastern Slav. You can have your opinion, in my eyes it's very ridiculous opinion but ok, it's up to you after all but stop saying things like "Milan is a big village compared to Kiev" because the truth it's other way around. Kiev don't even come close to Milan importance in world history, architecture and art.
Quote:
Quality of skyscrapers in Moscow IBC is much higher than in any city in Europe
*Height in MIBC is much better than in any city in Europe. Quality? I call this bullshit, Moscow skyscrapers surely don't look sophisticated and classy like for example London or Milan ones.

NOMAD€, KlausDiggy, tetano liked this post
ilbonboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #5305
doguorsi2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7047

I have been to Milan a few times for the fashion shows. I am not very fond of the city but I would pick Milan over Kyiv any day. Of course I feel much closer to Italy as a Mediterranean but Ukraine is cool too. I guess 90 percent of the world would agree that Milan is better of a city than Kyiv though.

Imagine there are no countries, no religion too man. Chillax y'all.
doguorsi2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #5306
Dasf Sturm
Nihil difficile volenti

Likes (Received): 2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kćnugarđur View Post
I do not like to compare different cities. I didn't start the flame war.
BTW, I really like your country.
Well, you did. I was telling you that Kiev perhaps has density but not quality (IMHO) and you started to compare Kiev to italian cities such as Milan, only because I'm italian and you didn't like what I said...

Dall'Alpi a Sicilia dovunque č Legnano
Dasf Sturm está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #5307
kisssme

KlausDiggy, ekko, arno-13 liked this post
kisssme está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:39 PM   #5308
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Likes (Received): 11012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisssme View Post
Kiev?

NOMAD€, Radiokott, taskula, arno-13 liked this post
GENIUS LOCI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #5309
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbonboo View Post
*Height in MIBC is much better than in any city in Europe. Quality? I call this bullshit, Moscow skyscrapers surely don't look sophisticated and classy like for example London or Milan ones.
Realy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by proger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evrasia 99911 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evrasia 99911 View Post
ОКО в дуэте!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus2501 View Post
Do not tell me. Milan does not have anything like that. Neither height nor quality.

ekko, taskula liked this post
Blackhavvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:56 PM   #5310
Kćnugarđur
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENIUS LOCI View Post
This is Paris

2_ilbonboo

I visited more than 300 cities on four continents, I was in Milan, so I know whereof I speak.
How often do you visit Kyiv?
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:01 PM   #5311
NOMAD€
THINK€R since 20-9-2004

Likes (Received): 4041

Mercury Tower = Quality??
"All that is gold does not glitter"

Other skyscrapers are interesting tho.

ilbonboo, Apteryx, Quicksilver liked this post
NOMAD€ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:06 PM   #5312
IThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kćnugarđur View Post
I was in Milan, so I know whereof I speak
Tell us ... what you know???
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #5313
ilbonboo

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Do not tell me. Milan does not have anything like that. Neither height nor quality.
Milan and any European city have nothing like that but in terms of height. But making few fully glassed supertalls it's not how you define quality. Milan and London on the other hand have a lot of very elegant, classy projects. Evolution Tower is obviously interesting but that's it. What's really cool about rectangular, glassed Oko? It's height is cool that's all. Thats you, Eastern Slavs(especially Russians), making everything for show, desperately trying to legitimate your countries as part of civilised world. I'm harsh but seriously, I'm calling out Moscow quality and you show me ATROCIOUS and totally mismatched Mercury Tower to prove that those skyscrapers are beautiful? I admit those skyscrapers are imposing, and cluster is definetly best in the Europe but that's all. It's not classy nor elegant.
Quote:
I visited more than 300 cities on four continents, I was in Milan, so I know whereof I speak.
How often do you visit Kyiv?
What a strawman argument...

And I'm really surprised that you have been in all those places and still think Kiev it's beautiful city with decent skyline.

NOMAD€, dexter2, tetano liked this post
ilbonboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:14 PM   #5314
Blackhavvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMAD€ View Post
Mercury Tower = Quality??
"All that is gold does not glitter"

Other skyscrapers are interesting tho.
Okay. Mercury controversial building. But the rest of the skyscrapers that I showed better than any skyscraper in Milan. Moreover, I do not think that there skyscrapers in Europe is better than these. Ready to see your options skyscrapers better than CoC Evolution and Oko

Wolfowitsch, ekko liked this post
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:15 PM   #5315
NOMAD€
THINK€R since 20-9-2004

@ ilbonboo you are talking on my behalf too.

I mean I strongly agree with your point of view and it's exactly what I'd write.
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:17 PM   #5316
Wolfowitsch

Likes (Received): 2215

Quote:
Thats you, Eastern Slavs(especially Russians), making everything for show, desperately trying to legitimate your countries as part of civilised world. I'm harsh but seriously, I'm calling out Moscow quality and you show me ATROCIOUS and totally mismatched Mercury Tower to prove that those skyscrapers are beautiful? I admit those skyscrapers are imposing, and cluster is definetly best in the Europe but that's all. It's not classy nor elegant.
Wolfowitsch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:24 PM   #5317
Blackhavvk

Quote:
Milan and any European city have nothing like that but in terms of height. But making few fully glassed supertalls it's not how you define quality. Milan and London on the other hand have a lot of very elegant, classy projects. Evolution Tower is obviously interesting but that's it. What's really cool about rectangular, glassed Oko? It's height is cool that's all. Thats you, Eastern Slavs(especially Russians), making everything for show, desperately trying to legitimate your countries as part of civilised world. I'm harsh but seriously, I'm calling out Moscow quality and you show me ATROCIOUS and totally mismatched Mercury Tower to prove that those skyscrapers are beautiful? I admit those skyscrapers are imposing, and cluster is definetly best in the Europe but that's all. It's not classy nor elegant.

What a strawman argument...

And I'm really surprised that you have been in all those places and still think Kiev it's beautiful city with decent skyline.
1) You're talking about the style and ask that the beautiful in OKO? If this reasoning, what is beautiful in WTC 1 NY?
2) You are talking about quality buildings in London and Milan, but did not show any. Show me one comparable to the CoC. You do not have to show it. Because our skyscraper won the best European skyscraper on the site.
3) I agree that in London there is a good skyscrapers. But they are still worse than the Evo and CoC
If it is not, then show me a picture where there is the really beautiful skyscrapers which is better than these.
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:25 PM   #5318
NOMAD€
THINK€R since 20-9-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
But the rest of the skyscrapers that I showed better than any skyscraper in Milan. Moreover, I do not think that there skyscrapers in Europe is better than these. Ready to see your options skyscrapers better than CoC Evolution and Oko
Well, it's mainly a matter of tastes as for everything after all.
I think Moscow has some interesting and TALL skyscrapers but height doesn't mean that they are the best in the world or in Europe.
I like some of them but I also really like (some examples of Milan) Bosco Verticale, Solaria, Unicredit, Dritto and some others under contruction (Curvo and Storto). They are shorter but, to me, it doesn't mean anything bad. Their quality is excellent (Bosco Verticale also won the international highrise award 2014 and people come from all over the world to study it).
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:25 PM   #5319
Kćnugarđur
BANNED

2_IThomas

A lot of trams in the city, a lot of clothing stores. Milan is a good place for shopping but the architecture of the city does not impress me. Florence is more interesting to me.

2_ilbonboo

If I understand you correctly, Western Europe is simply the best, and Eastern Europe is full of shit.
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:30 PM   #5320
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Likes (Received): 11012

Can anyone please stop this flame?

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw