daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 9th, 2015, 05:31 PM   #5321
SASH

Likes (Received): 5857

Overrated Rotterdam

SMS_20150218_1527.jpg by Luchtfotografie SiebeSwart.nl Aerial Photography, on Flickr
SMS_20150218_1510.jpg by Luchtfotografie SiebeSwart.nl Aerial Photography, on Flickr
SMS_20150218_1505.jpg by Luchtfotografie SiebeSwart.nl Aerial Photography, on Flickr
SMS_20150218_1508.jpg by Luchtfotografie SiebeSwart.nl Aerial Photography, on Flickr

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:38 PM   #5322
IThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
You do not have to show it. Because our skyscraper won the best European skyscraper on the site.
Three examples:
1) UniCredit Tower - Among TOP 10 Emporis 2012, that rewards skyscrapers for excellence in their aesthetic and functional design.

2) Palazzo Regione Lombardia - 2012 International Architecture Award for the best new global design.

3) Bosco Verticale - 2014 International Highrise Award. It blazes the trail for greened highrises and can be considered a prototype for the cities of tomorrow.

Bye

Georicky liked this post

Last edited by IThomas; March 9th, 2015 at 05:46 PM.
IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:39 PM   #5323
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7091

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMAD€ View Post
Well, it's mainly a matter of tastes as for everything after all.
I think Moscow has some interesting and TALL skyscrapers but height doesn't mean that they are the best in the world or in Europe.
I like some of them but I also really like (some examples of Milan) Bosco Verticale, Solaria, Unicredit, Dritto and some others under contruction (Curvo and Storto). They are shorter but, to me, it doesn't mean anything bad. Their quality is excellent (Bosco Verticale also won the international highrise award 2014 and people come from all over the world to study it).
You just listed skyscrapers of Milan. I do not know how to solve that at least one of them better than the ones that I have proposed. I did not want to talk about the height, and I'm not saying that this is important. But regardless of the height of the CoC and tastes beautiful than Dritto and Evolution beautiful than Unicredit. And Bosco is not a skyscraper, and even more controversial than Mercuriy.
Blackhavvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:50 PM   #5324
NOMAD€
THINK€R since 20-9-2004

Likes (Received): 4041

Quote:
You just listed skyscrapers of Milan. I do not know how to solve that at least one of them better than the ones that I have proposed. I did not want to talk about the height, and I'm not saying that this is important. But regardless of the height of the CoC and tastes beautiful than Dritto and Evolution beautiful than Unicredit. And Bosco is not a skyscraper, and even more controversial than Mercuriy.
IMHO, Europe is full of highrises and skyscrapers much more beautiful, interesting (and some of them even won awards that Moscow of course didn't and never will) than some skyscrapers in Moscow, you can check it yourself on the Internet if you didn't have the chance to see them with your very own eyes.
I don't have to prove you anything as it's not a "mine is better than yours" contest.
Have some humility, please.

Rokugatsu liked this post

Last edited by NOMAD€; March 9th, 2015 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Orthography
NOMAD€ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:52 PM   #5325
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Okay. Mercury controversial building. But the rest of the skyscrapers that I showed better than any skyscraper in Milan. Moreover, I do not think that there skyscrapers in Europe is better than these. Ready to see your options skyscrapers better than CoC Evolution and Oko
Okay sure!

- The Gherkin, London
- The Leadenhall Building, London
- The Shard, London
- First Tower, Paris
- Torre Caja, Madrid
- Torre de Cristal, Madrid
- Unicredit Tower, Milan
- DC Towers, Vienna
- Turning Torso, Malmo
- Tour D2, Paris
- The Beetham Tower, Manchester
- Tour Carpe Diem, Paris
- The {new} ECB HQ, Frankfurt

I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea...
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #5326
Blackhavvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IThomas View Post
Three examples:
1) UniCredit Tower - Among TOP 10 Emporis 2012, that rewards skyscrapers for excellence in their aesthetic and functional design.

2) Palazzo Regione Lombardia - 2012 International Architecture Award for the best new global design.

3) Bosco Verticale - 2014 International Highrise Award. It blazes the trail for greened highrises and can be considered a prototype for the cities of tomorrow.

Bye
1) It

and it

better then it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evrasia 99911 View Post

LOOOOOOL!!!!!

Wolfowitsch liked this post
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:55 PM   #5327
thejoe

Likes (Received): 665

Quote:

Do not tell me. Milan does not have anything like that. Neither height nor quality.

Rokugatsu liked this post
thejoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #5328
Apteryx
Struthioniforme Apteryge

Likes (Received): 1778

OK let's start with:
DISCUSS: Best Modern European Skyline (Part4)

taskula liked this post
Apteryx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #5329
NOMAD€
THINK€R since 20-9-2004

Likes (Received): 4041

Quote:
better then it
You said it.
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:06 PM   #5330
Blackhavvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
Okay sure!

- The Gherkin, London
- The Leadenhall Building, London
- The Shard, London
- First Tower, Paris
- Torre Caja, Madrid
- Torre de Cristal, Madrid
- Unicredit Tower, Milan
- DC Towers, Vienna
- Turning Torso, Malmo
- Tour D2, Paris
- The Beetham Tower, Manchester
- Tour Carpe Diem, Paris
- The {new} ECB HQ, Frankfurt

I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea...
The Gherkin, London vs CoC
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120806
Eurocup final
Winner - CoC
Torre Caja, Madrid and First Tower, Paris struggled to get out against the CoC
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120703
an lose it
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120712
Shard....
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120720
Turing torso lose Gherkin, CoC win.
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120719
Enough already lie
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:13 PM   #5331
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4814

Quote:
Okay. Mercury controversial building. But the rest of the skyscrapers that I showed better than any skyscraper in Milan. Moreover, I do not think that there skyscrapers in Europe is better than these. Ready to see your options skyscrapers better than CoC Evolution and Oko
If you talk about quality the cladding of CoC are on of the wosrt quality i've ever seen in reality. Good glass is rare thing in Moscow. Planning is also queationable. There are OK skycrapers but it terms of quality there are far behind.

NOMAD€, IThomas liked this post
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:19 PM   #5332
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
The Gherkin, London vs CoC
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120806
Eurocup final
Winner - CoC
Torre Caja, Madrid and First Tower, Paris struggled to get out against the CoC
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120703
an lose it
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120712
Shard....
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120720
Turing torso lose Gherkin, CoC win.
http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=o...erday=20120719
Enough already lie
Oh of course! These completely out-balance the number of international architecture awards the buildings I listed received.
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke

Highrisetower319 liked this post
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #5333
thejoe

Likes (Received): 665

These stupid awards means nothing..everyone rooting for their home ignoring everything else..when we talk about innovation, technology, energy, architectural details, characteristics? Started to assess the technical aspects, according to a vision of the XXI century and forgotten old and empty words as skyline, height, beauty...

Last edited by thejoe; March 9th, 2015 at 06:42 PM.
thejoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #5334
alexss1987
President of the U.S.E.

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Nevertheless you propose skyscrapers of Moscow to assert that Kiev has a better skyline than Milan or Rotterdam. Now if you please compare anything from KIEV to skyscrapers of Milan and Rotterdam...
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:32 PM   #5335
meteoforumitalia

Likes (Received): 10962

stop stop stop!!

we could just go on for the rest of the times, they are just opinions and tastes!!

all started with the comparison between Milan and Kiev skylines, and the only objective thing we can say about that is number and height of buildings, alone, are not the most important aspects to make a Skyline to be top: a super serie of residential commieblocks scattered among forests and natural lands, in therms of skyline, could be not enough to overtake a more historical city with, yes, an average of shorter buildings, but 10-15 highrises (plus some skyscrapers) of impact in a cluster.

..and I repeat: we are talking about skyline.
as city, I really like Kiev in general, and its natural setting
meteoforumitalia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #5336
Blackhavvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
Oh of course! These completely out-balance the number of international architecture awards the buildings I listed received.
Of course, because your organization give out prizes all Western European countries, buyout makes less than 1% of skyscrapers in the world. You seriously believe that Europe is better in the world of skyscrapers? Okay, I'm tired of arguing with you. Objectively, you then no skyscrapers that here compare. In Moscow, almost as many as 200+ throughout Western Europe and many more like them. I think you should continue to be glad that you are building a couple of 150+ skyscrapers and continue to believe that you really the best skyscraper in 2012. Well, I'm going to watch our thread about double towers 288m and the second cluster of skyscrapers in Moscow. I think in 2050 you will also be like that. Although hardly ...
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:44 PM   #5337
EbenenChef

Likes (Received): 111

This tread accounts for about 90% of beef in the skyscrapercity forums.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to divide this discussion so that on the one hand western europeans and on the other hand russians, ukranians and the like have their own section?

Let the russians boast with their commie blocks and handful skyscraper on their own time.
EbenenChef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:47 PM   #5338
KlausDiggy

Likes (Received): 8762

Frankfurt

Skyline Frankfurt by carknue, on Flickr
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:50 PM   #5339
ilbonboo

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
stop stop stop!!

we could just go on for the rest of the times, they are just opinions and tastes!!
Quote:
Can anyone please stop this flame?
I hate skyscrapercity. Here, you have thread with word DISCUSS in subject but still for people here perfect thread is when everyone just spam photos of their cities and occasionally comment like "oh great!". No place for REAL discussion, no place for criticism. Thanks but I'm out. I'm going to place where discussing is not crime against humanity.
ilbonboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:52 PM   #5340
alexss1987
President of the U.S.E.

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Of course, because your organization give out prizes all Western European countries, buyout makes less than 1% of skyscrapers in the world. You seriously believe that Europe is better in the world of skyscrapers? Okay, I'm tired of arguing with you. Objectively, you then no skyscrapers that here compare. In Moscow, almost as many as 200+ throughout Western Europe and many more like them. I think you should continue to be glad that you are building a couple of 150+ skyscrapers and continue to believe that you really the best skyscraper in 2012. Well, I'm going to watch our thread about double towers 288m and the second cluster of skyscrapers in Moscow. I think in 2050 you will also be like that. Although hardly ...
Western Europe will never even participate in this contest. We have highly historical buildings and we top up with a few high quality skyscrapers that will not desrupt the context.. You are just building a lot of high towers, but do you think it is something so special? Moscow can look impressive if you compare to Western Europe, compare it to Shanghai, Dubai, Hong Kong or NYC and it's still nothing. So please stop listing the heights of your towers as if it was something impressive.

Yes in Europe we won´t have dozens of supertalls, nor this is something that European people look forward to. We look forward to nice design and good integration with the pre-existing historical buildings. If you want to compare for the number of skyscrapers and the height, you should compete with UAE, China and NYC. But then guess what, your 288m towers look tiny and lonely... Building a 300m tower today is not an impressive achievement. They build 800m towers and are going for 1 km in the Arabian countires, and China is collecting 600m +. New York City still has so many skyscrapers >300 that it will take 100 years for Moscow to compete...

EbenenChef, Dasf Sturm, Rokugatsu liked this post
alexss1987 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw