daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 23rd, 2016, 03:01 PM   #9621
Amen
Lakh

Likes (Received): 81

@frankfurtgermany I'm not talking about highness but about quality of the elevation and architecture. Warsaw's skyscrapers look more stylish.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2016, 04:08 PM   #9622
Amen
Lakh

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMcK View Post
In Frankfurt german culture is nowhere to be found
Because of WWII. German cities were compeletly destroyed. But I like Frankfurter altstadt.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 04:23 PM   #9623
frankfurtgermany

Likes (Received): 160

To bad really big and rich cities like Hamburg and Munich don't like skyscrapers... Frankfurt is more like a small town compared to those cities. But Frankfurt is doing really well in terms of skyline with only having around 780.000 people.
frankfurtgermany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 05:07 PM   #9624
RayMcK

Likes (Received): 148

I was there in Summer of 2015, I really hope this revitalisation you're talking about occurred after that date 'cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiggy View Post
Gradually, these towers are also revitalized / restored.

When were you there?

Meanwhile are many towers like Deutsche Bank Towers, Silver Tower, Euro Center completely recladded.

And there are some districts where Muslims are in the minority.
For example Sachsenhausen, Westend.
RayMcK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 07:07 PM   #9626
CarltonHill
Kim Domingo

Likes (Received): 1576

Currently the best for me:

1. London
2. Paris
3. Frankfurt
4. Rotterdam
5. Moscow

And I like how the cities of Warsaw, Milano and Istanbul are shaping up.
CarltonHill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 07:20 PM   #9627
RayMcK

Likes (Received): 148

sexy list, Milan is really a city to keep an eye on
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHill View Post
Currently the best for me:

1. London
2. Paris
3. Frankfurt
4. Rotterdam
5. Moscow

And I like how the cities of Warsaw, Milano and Istanbul are shaping up.

CarltonHill liked this post
RayMcK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 07:58 PM   #9628
dminer

Likes (Received): 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfurtgermany View Post
So zero towers u/c 150+ meters.
100m-150m 'filler' towers are key in shaping of a balanced skyline. Filler towers are at least 50% of the reason the main iconic Frankfurt perspective looks as good and dense as it does. Without naming names, we all know examples of world cities which built multiple tall wannabe-icons while forgetting about counter-balance provided by filler projects. So yes, currently no 150m+ towers U/C in Warsaw (which will change within 4 months anyway) yet there's a bunch of equally important lower towers u/c, just as they were in developing Frankfurt skyline and multiple 150m+ comming in immediate pipeline.

Also:
Quote:
I've to be honest I dislike most towers with large spires and it shouldn't be added to the towers total height. To me it feels like cheating a spire costs like literally nothing if you compare it with adding floors to get to the same height.
Who cares if it's cheating? It's always been all over the world, decades-old conversation. Commerzbank spire cheats and isn't very pretty, yet its impact on the city's skyline outweights these negatives by far and ultimately that's what's most important. Commerzbank spire provides a peak point for the whole central highrise cluster, diversifies the perception of height which is always good for any skyline and adds a ton of metropolitan flavour. Obviously no city should stick a giant spire on top of most of its skyscrapers, but a few key-placed ones can be a very good idea.

Your criticism of upcoming Warsaw projects' scale and heights touches on key points that actually made Frankfurt skyline as balanced and metropolitan as it appears and is famous for, as a city resident/fan you should be well aware about it.

So yeah

dminer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 08:04 PM   #9629
Adler1

Likes (Received): 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
@frankfurtgermany I'm not talking about highness but about quality of the elevation and architecture. Warsaw's skyscrapers look more stylish.
I prefer the classic look of Frankfurt over that average "stylish" look in Warsaw. Most of Warsaw's towers have weired designs (typical Eurocrap actually, Frankfurt has a few of them too, but luckily not all of them). What's wrong with designing classic towers you can find all over the U.S.?
Adler1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 08:22 PM   #9630
frankfurtgermany

Likes (Received): 160

DISCUSS: Best Modern European Skyline (Part3)

Commerzbank spire is completely different than the spire, sorry I mean antenna on that future building in Warsaw. I just dislike the fact that numerous people say oh Warsaw gets a super tall while 68 meters are countable to the antenna. I haven't criticized any other project in Warsaw. In fact I really like the buildings u/c.
I was just discussing the fact dat Frankfurt at this moment is more booming than Warsaw and yes number of buildings u/c + height matter in this case.
frankfurtgermany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 08:25 PM   #9631
Adler1

Likes (Received): 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminer View Post
100m-150m 'filler' towers are key in shaping of a balanced skyline. Filler towers are at least 50% of the reason the main iconic Frankfurt perspective looks as good and dense as it does. ...

Also:
Who cares if it's cheating? It's always been all over the world, decades-old conversation. Commerzbank spire cheats and isn't very pretty, yet its impact on the city's skyline outweights these negatives by far and ultimately that's what's most important. ...
It's not about the spires, its just about counting them towards the total height. Commerzbank-Tower shouldn't do this either (even though its way more massive and illuminated during the night), its misleading. Anyways, I think the Chmielna Tower (+ spire) looks fine and will have an impact (but the spire shouldn't count, definitely go and build it but don't count it, its just misleading).

I totally agree on filler towers, Frankfurt needs definitely more of them, too. However, if you want to catch up to other cities you will have to built more 150m, even 200m towers, fillers itself won't do it.

KlausDiggy liked this post
Adler1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 08:39 PM   #9632
dminer

Likes (Received): 1999

Quote:
Commerzbank spire is completely different than the spire, sorry I mean antenna on that future building in Warsaw. I just dislike the fact that numerous people say oh Warsaw gets a super tall while 68 meters are countable to the antenna.
We don't know how the spire will look like yet, the renders are early and they're either still missing it or only feature a vague outline. In all press info it's referred to as a spire that will require major construction solutions rather than a simple antenna and the fact that Foster is responsible, famous for 'buff' spires makes it even more so promising.

Quote:
I was just discussing the fact dat Frankfurt at this moment is more booming than Warsaw and yes number of buildings u/c + height matter in this case.
That's subjective. Warsaw plots are much larger and most of the projects cover huge areas of new developement with multiple low-rise companions. Then there's the matter of architects taking the height of sorrounding towers, both present and future, into consideration. Designers of Generation Park made a fully concious decision to opt for 140m instead of 180m which is allowed on the plot because a 180m Warsaw Spire sits right next and they wanted to avoid flat wall effect. Sienna Towers were always 2x130m + ~80m even in the earliest plans a decade ago due to 4th tallest part of the scheme (Skyliner) designed for 180m-200m right next to.
In terms of pure demand for office space, cumulated cost of all the big projects etc it's rather clear that Warsaw is definitely not behind at the moment.
dminer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 09:25 PM   #9633
Union Man
Interstellar

Likes (Received): 3663

Can we refrain from talking about the demographics of cities please. Feel free to discuss which cities you feel have the best skylines' or a promising future. But please stay on-topic.
Union Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 09:46 PM   #9634
TimeAndTide
U.S. Bank Tower, LA

Likes (Received): 1188

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise75 View Post
Paris

[/URL]

Source : Compte Twitter de l'EPADESA
Good old cluster.

Union Man liked this post
TimeAndTide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 09:49 PM   #9635
doguorsi2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7047

Istanbul Turkey

Byzantium, Nova Roma, Constantinople, Stin Poli, Konstantiniyye, Istanbul

Old August 23rd, 2016, 10:40 PM   #9636
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Likes (Received): 18842

That discussion Frankfurt vs Warsaw is surreal. I don't care which one is better. Same fact that we are talking about that is enough for poles to be happy.

The most important thing for Warsaw now is to keep the skyline organized, improve urban planning and keep highrises coming (and share some of them with Łˇdź ). Don't have to be all at once, can be 2-3 at a time, but systematic.
If all those points will be fulfilled, Warsaw will be in top 5 European skylines for a long time.

Bo gdzie byś nie był i jak by cię nie przyjęli
Nigdy nie będziesz się czuł jak na Obiecanej Ziemi

Łˇdź - Remonty kamienic i zabytkˇw - 2010, 2011, 2012
Łˇdzkie absurdy drogowe - ŁAD na Facebooku!

NYC & EastCoast USA!

KlausDiggy liked this post
dexter2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2016, 11:56 PM   #9637
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7098

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter2 View Post
If all those points will be fulfilled, Warsaw will be in top 5 European skylines for a long time.
In top 6
Blackhavvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2016, 01:18 AM   #9638
Check_Mate

Likes (Received): 229

My top 10 in Europe

1 - Moscow/ London
3 - Is TAN bull
4 - Frankfurt
5 - Paris
6 - Rotterdam
7 - Milano
8 - Izmiiir
9 - Yekaterinburg / Warsaw
10 - Liverpool

The most accurate list so far

firoz bharmal liked this post
Check_Mate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2016, 03:48 AM   #9639
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post

Really? I can't even name it.
Really don't like this one. Rather fugly IMO. Glad its not in city center but far outside.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

TM_Germany, wespje1990 liked this post
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2016, 11:14 AM   #9640
SASH

Likes (Received): 5857

ROTTERDAM

Rotterdam as seen from The Hague

Rotterdamse baan building site [background: Rotterdam] by David van Keulen [#ExploreTheCity], on Flickr
View from Den Haag Centraal to Rotterdam by David van Keulen [#ExploreTheCity], on Flickr

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, dŘsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw