daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:55 AM   #9681
frankfurtgermany
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 188
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
I was talking about new ones which are u/c now and in the future.

I've got a question about the u/c towers in Warsaw. Are some of those towers for consumers or all for businesses?
Because in most of west Europe we see an increase demand for towers for consumers.
frankfurtgermany no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2016, 12:38 PM   #9682
Amen
Lakh
 
Amen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lakhistan
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfurtgermany View Post
I've got a question about the u/c towers in Warsaw. Are some of those towers for consumers or all for businesses?
Because in most of west Europe we see an increase demand for towers for consumers.
What is the point of making skyscrapers for living in the city center? Center is for business - hotels, banks, office. Who would like to live in city center. I can work in city center but I want to live outside.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 04:58 PM   #9683
frankfurtgermany
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 188
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
What is the point of making skyscrapers for living in the city center? Center is for business - hotels, banks, office. Who would like to live in city center. I can work in city center but I want to live outside.

You are making one stupid comment after another. I can tell you that a lot of people want to live in the city center. It has the best perks.
It's not about what you want it's about what people in general want. There is a reason why housing pricing in city centers are so expensive in Amsterdam for example you can pay for a small apartment 1-2 million euro's if you shop a bit outside the city's center you pay easily half of that. Besides that housing pricing skyrocket inside the city center of Amsterdam with a staggering 18% this year alone.
__________________

born_ejty_siks liked this post
frankfurtgermany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 05:12 PM   #9684
Amen
Lakh
 
Amen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lakhistan
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfurtgermany View Post
You are making one stupid comment after another. I can tell you that a lot of people want to live in the city center. It has the best perks.
It's not about what you want it's about what people in general want. There is a reason why housing pricing in city centers are so expensive in Amsterdam for example you can pay for a small apartment 1-2 million euro's if you shop a bit outside the city's center you pay easily half of that. Besides that housing pricing skyrocket inside the city center of Amsterdam with a staggering 18% this year alone.
Amsterdam is a town not a city. There is no subway in Amsterdam.
I can live 10 km out of center area and I can get to center in 10 minutes with subway. Center is an area of business. I need there restaurants, expensive shops with cloths not supermarkets. Living area is situated in the suburbs where people live together like a family. Well there is Złota 44 (192m) apartment skyscraper in Warsaw or Cosmopolitan. But Poles like to live outside the center that's why all skyscrapers in Warsaw are not for housing.

//edit

I wouldn't buy a flat in center of Amsterdam. How old are those buildings? 300 years old? Very unhealthy place to live. BTW if Greenland's ice will melt Amsterdam will be underwater.

Last edited by Amen; August 31st, 2016 at 05:40 PM.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 05:54 PM   #9685
JuMpStyLe4eVeR
Viva España!
 
JuMpStyLe4eVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Valencia, España
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Amsterdam is a town not a city. There is no subway in Amsterdam.
I can live 10 km out of center area and I can get to center in 10 minutes with subway. Center is an area of business. I need there restaurants, expensive shops with cloths not supermarkets. Living area is situated in the suburbs where people live together like a family. Well there is Złota 44 (192m) apartment skyscraper in Warsaw or Cosmopolitan. But Poles like to live outside the center that's why all skyscrapers in Warsaw are not for housing.
Amsterdam a town? No subway in Amsterdam?



//edit

Quote:
I wouldn't buy a flat in center of Amsterdam. How old are those buildings? 300 years old? Very unhealthy place to live. BTW if Greenland's ice will melt Amsterdam will be underwater.
The greenest city of Europe is unhealthy? omg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
I was talking about new ones which are u/c now and in the future.
Oh, ok buddy, then I retract what I've said before. This is another thing. But I see very similar quality in both u/c skyscrapers in both Warsaw and Frankfurt.
__________________
Skycraper list of Madrid: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=815
JuMpStyLe4eVeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 06:02 PM   #9686
Amen
Lakh
 
Amen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lakhistan
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 81

300 years old buildings. Asbest, moisture. Everything is over there. The bricks are musted. It is absorbing water for 300 years. It's very bad for your lungs and your respiratory system.

Last edited by Amen; August 31st, 2016 at 06:12 PM.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 06:45 PM   #9687
Union Man
Interstellar
 
Union Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norwich
Posts: 1,050
Likes (Received): 3663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
What is the point of making skyscrapers for living in the city center? Center is for business - hotels, banks, office. Who would like to live in city center. I can work in city center but I want to live outside.
I think your find residential developments in city centres are having a renaissance, especially in Western Europe/North America. The ease of having your workplace; amenities such as restaurants, theatres and other cultural venues on your doorstep is an attraction, especially to young professionals who desire city living.
Union Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 07:03 PM   #9688
Amen
Lakh
 
Amen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lakhistan
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Man View Post
I think your find residential developments in city centres are having a renaissance, especially in Western Europe/North America. The ease of having your workplace; amenities such as restaurants, theatres and other cultural venues on your doorstep is an attraction, especially to young professionals who desire city living.
Really? I thought rich people leave cities because of crimes. For example Marseille. They just work in Marseille but they live in Cassis for example. That's why in western Europe they build soviet blocks in the city center because it's cheap and cities are center of poverty and crime. So there is no point to build skyscraper apartaments in cities because no one would buy a flat over there.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 07:26 PM   #9689
Union Man
Interstellar
 
Union Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norwich
Posts: 1,050
Likes (Received): 3663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Really? I thought rich people leave cities because of crimes. For example Marseille. They just work in Marseille but they live in Cassis for example. That's why in western Europe they build soviet blocks in the city center because it's cheap and cities are center of poverty and crime. So there is no point to build skyscraper apartaments in cities because no one would buy a flat over there.
This is an outdated view; specifically in Western Europe/North America people did relocate from city centres' and headed towards suburban homes in the 50's to 70's, but as I previously stated this has reversed dramatically and living in or near city centres is increasing dramatically, in cities such as London, Paris and New York.

Another misconception you alluded to, that there is no point building residential skyscrapers. The majority of London's planned or U/C skyscrapers are residential.
Union Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 07:58 PM   #9690
Amen
Lakh
 
Amen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lakhistan
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Man View Post
in cities such as London, Paris and New York.
London is huge city. Center is everywhere because everything is everywhere. Paris? Center of Paris is historic center. There is no skyscraper over there. La Defence is located out of Paris. Yeah NYC they build skyscrapers in Manhattan not in Bronx or Queens. Because no one would buy it. And Manhattan isn't center. NYC is metropolitan area of cities like Manhattan Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens etc. You can't compare London, Paris, New York with Warsaw. London is 14 mln, Warsaw is 3mln. Time square is center of City of Manhattan and Manhattan is full of skyscrapers.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 08:46 PM   #9691
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?
 
TM_Germany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Limburg a.d. Lahn
Posts: 274
Likes (Received): 407

there is just so much wrong with your comment, I just wouldn't know where to start apart from being plain wrong it also makes very little sense. I advise you to stop doing that, you're not making the polish look good.
__________________
All pics by me unless otherwise credited.

Neotradtional Architecture in Germany

Leipzig in Spring: Historicism at its finest.
TM_Germany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 09:06 PM   #9692
Amen
Lakh
 
Amen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lakhistan
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 81

I just don't now what about is that conversation. Who cares if skyscrapers are commercial or residential. I've just responded. There is no need for making skyscrapers apartaments because Warsaw was destroyed in 1944 and there is so much space that we must cover. There is no place in London that's why they build skyscrapers for living. That was my point.
Amen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 09:41 PM   #9693
Iluminat
Redsigert User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,459
Likes (Received): 4535

Can't you just stop debating with a troll
__________________
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:01 PM   #9694
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!
 
JuanPaulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 20,737
Likes (Received): 31676

London, UK


View from Canonbury by Matt Brown, on Flickr
__________________
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:30 AM   #9695
Kallonni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 82

Amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by P17 View Post


(bron)
__________________
Kallonni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:49 AM   #9696
IThomas
...
 
IThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,933

Hi, guys! Can you say me the tallest skyscraper project approved or planned in your city? Thanks
__________________
You can be born in Milan or found yourself in it, by chance. And it feels like you’ve chosen it.
IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 02:53 PM   #9697
KlausDiggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leipzig
Posts: 4,122
Likes (Received): 8758

Frankfurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibomz View Post

Deutsche-Bank-Dreieck

Some facts:
- 4 towers: 228m(hotel/offices), 173m(residential), 120m(residential), 100m(office)
- 600 apartments
- 200,000 sq m of space
- 30-50 stores, 25 cafes and restaurants, supermarket
- design competition for individual towers (august)
- date of completion 2021/2022
- costs: 950 million €

http://www.immobilien-zeitung.de/100...che-bank-areal

__________________

Last edited by KlausDiggy; September 1st, 2016 at 07:27 PM.
KlausDiggy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM   #9698
bus driver
Кондюктёр дю бюс
 
bus driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Загорск
Posts: 6,554
Likes (Received): 86783

Quote:
Originally Posted by IThomas View Post
Hi, guys! Can you say me the tallest skyscraper project approved or planned in your city? Thanks
Moscow

415m





__________________
Quote:
-Может бахнем?
-Обязательно бахнем, и не раз. Весь мир в труху!... Но потом.
@

Amen, KlausDiggy, IThomas, Atrium liked this post
bus driver está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 07:25 PM   #9699
KlausDiggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leipzig
Posts: 4,122
Likes (Received): 8758

London

1 Undershaft | 295m | 73 fl

London forum thread

__________________

Aztecaa13 liked this post
KlausDiggy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 01:50 AM   #9700
meteoforumitalia
Registered User
 
meteoforumitalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greater Milano
Posts: 12,756
Likes (Received): 10956

MILAN

Skyline Porta Nuova con luna by Alessandro, su Flickr

Skyline Milano by Alessandro, su Flickr

Parco Vittoria, Sede LG, Casa Milan, Il Dritto e Lo Storto by Alessandro, su Flickr

Il Dritto e Lo Storto by Alessandro, su Flickr

Il Dritto e Lo Storto by Alessandro, su Flickr

Torre Unicredit, Porta Nuova, Garibaldi by Alessandro, su Flickr

Torre Diamante by Alessandro, su Flickr

Torre Diamante, Unicredit Tower Palazzo Lombardia, Torre Galfa by Alessandro, su Flickr

Milano, Porta Nuova by Alessandro, su Flickr

Samsung Laser Show by Alessandro, su Flickr

Samsung Laser Show by Alessandro, su Flickr

Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio by Alessandro, su Flickr

Torre Velasca by Alessandro, su Flickr

Monte Rosa by Alessandro, su Flickr
__________________
meteoforumitalia no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu