daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2014, 06:08 AM   #361
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

tell the truth that maintain siemens trains is nightmare,complex structure,costly parts.it will be disaster for mexico.
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2014, 06:22 AM   #362
elekto
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7048

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
tell the truth that maintain siemens trains is nightmare,complex structure,costly parts.it will be disaster for mexico.
And the CRH380C is more friendly and less costly parts?
elekto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #363
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by elekto View Post
And the CRH380C is more friendly and less costly parts?
YEP.CRH380C is the first step to get away from Siemens.it is the body of ICE3,new nose,and Chinese control system and HITACHI Traction System.from the experience of China,JP trains are only the 2/3 price of Germany trains.and this is like the JP cars and Germany cars,you can compare toyota with Volkswagen cars,the case is the same for trains.
and to build railway and bridge Chinese has quite lots of experience.and for the train,France and JP may be better.

elekto liked this post
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #364
elekto
BANNED

the most important in our case is to build this railway on time and affordable . remember that in the first 5 years of operation there will be transfer of technology as the tender says.
Old October 8th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #365
megaroad1

Likes (Received): 32

It's a shame that Alstom and Bombardier are not ready for this, specially the latter. With their presence in Mexico I would have expected them to be ready for when this came and they know fully well the political realities of Mexico and how this project must be ready and delivered by the 30th of november 2018.

But is Siemens still in? I hope the Chinese bid doesn't just win by default. Competition is good for getting a quality product.

elekto, Gratteciel, Donegal liked this post
megaroad1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #366
elekto
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaroad1 View Post
It's a shame that Alstom and Bombardier are not ready for this, specially the latter. With their presence in Mexico I would have expected them to be ready for when this came and they know fully well the political realities of Mexico and how this project must be ready and delivered by the 30th of november 2018.

But is Siemens still in? I hope the Chinese bid doesn't just win by default. Competition is good for getting a quality product.
There will be at least 2 bids the chinese and spanish or germans, or the three.
Siemens has been pretty quiet since the clarification meetings, CAF and its consortium seems very strong and ready since the beginning and for its recent declarations.

One thing is sure, there will be a bid next October 15th, so we will have HSR.

megaroad1 liked this post
Old October 8th, 2014, 07:20 PM   #367
Spam King
Make America Great Again!

Likes (Received): 569

Quote:
whatever system we choose in Mexico, the gauge and the tension will be compatible with the N700 of California, but safety systems wont and if in Texas they choose Shinkansen also in an eventual cross border with Monterrey, the mexican part should choose japanese technology too, making it uncompatible with the rest of Mexico's network.
There is no reason why it would necessarily be incompatible. You can have trains equipped with multiple train control systems. As long as the gauge is the same it interoperability is possible. Even the voltage doesn't have to be the same, Germany for instance uses a different voltage from the rest of Europe yet there are dual-voltage train sets that operate from France, Belgium, the Netherlands to Germany.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

elekto liked this post
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #368
megaroad1

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
There will be at least 2 bids the chinese and spanish or germans, or the three.
Siemens has been pretty quiet since the clarification meetings, CAF and its consortium seems very strong and ready since the beginning and for its recent declarations.

One thing is sure, there will be a bid next October 15th, so we will have HSR.
Thanks for the info.

Is CAF going to enter with the OARIS train platform?
megaroad1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #369
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10876

It's the only thing they have 300 km/h. To 320 exactly.
Since September 2011 are testing a prototype 4-engine cars, 5,280 kW and 215 seats at 101 meters. Take a new system itself CAF to increase curve speed.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAF_Oaris

elekto liked this post
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:31 PM   #370
elekto
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam King View Post
There is no reason why it would necessarily be incompatible. You can have trains equipped with multiple train control systems. As long as the gauge is the same it interoperability is possible. Even the voltage doesn't have to be the same, Germany for instance uses a different voltage from the rest of Europe yet there are dual-voltage train sets that operate from France, Belgium, the Netherlands to Germany.
I beleive that the easiest is that Monterrey choose the same technology that Texas choose, because honestly I dont see feasibility on making HSR from MC to MTY, so is better for them to integrate since the beginning with american system.

From MTY to the border (200km) should not be so expensive, is only one station and very affordable for a State as Nuevo Leon (of course not with the prices of California, thats crazy).

Last edited by elekto; October 9th, 2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old October 9th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #371
elekto
BANNED

CRH380C - CRH380A

CRH380C

megaroad1, Perennial Quest liked this post

Last edited by elekto; October 9th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #372
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
I beleive that the easiest is that Monterrey choose the same technology that Texas choose, because honestly I dont see feasibility on making HSR from MC to MTY, so is better for them to integrate since the beginning with american system.

From MTY to the border (200km) should not be so expensive, is only one station and very affordable for a State as Nuevo Leon (of course not with the prices of California, thats crazy).
It's by no means certain there will be any HSR in Texas. Sadly there is a long history of HSR projects collapsing in USA.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 03:24 AM   #373
elekto
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
It's by no means certain there will be any HSR in Texas. Sadly there is a long history of HSR projects collapsing in USA.
this mexican HSR is a game changer, once we build it, Texas and California will push hard to get theirs, I wish that.
Old October 10th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #374
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
this mexican HSR is a game changer, once we build it, Texas and California will push hard to get theirs, I wish that.
I certainly hope so too.

elekto liked this post
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #375
BrickellResidence

Likes (Received): 6659

Quote:

In my perspective I see it more Feasibility on building a HSR from Mexico City to Monterrey than to Texas, I know alooot of regios ( monterrey born people) in Mexico City going to monterrey very frequently and Monterrey is on the Rise to become a Financial centre along with Mexico City, so in a near future there would be a huge demand on communication and transport between these two cities.
BrickellResidence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #376
elekto
BANNED

info:

Quote:
The chinese company CRCC has the executive project ready.

Link

Last edited by elekto; October 10th, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old October 10th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #377
elekto
BANNED

info:

Quote:
"We have been working in this project since 2 years ago, we are ready to build this train".

Zhenyi Hu, CRCC's vice-president.
Link

Last edited by elekto; October 10th, 2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #378
Spam King
Make America Great Again!

Likes (Received): 569

Quote:
Doubt it. The costs of building in the US are way too high and the political will is not there, especially on the federal level and in Texas, to use taxpayer funds for it. I support that position.

There are much better ways of using those tens (to hundreds) of billions of dollars that a HSR system would require in the US. A much better option would be to return that money to the citizens and remove regulations to allow the private sector a chance to build a financially viable alternative to the Interstate system (heavily subsidised transportation) and the airport system (another heavily subsidised transportation option).

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #379
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

One wonders what would that magical alternative be. It certainly doesn't exist anywhere on the planet yet.

elekto liked this post
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #380
elekto
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam King View Post
Doubt it. The costs of building in the US are way too high and the political will is not there, especially on the federal level and in Texas, to use taxpayer funds for it. I support that position.

There are much better ways of using those tens (to hundreds) of billions of dollars that a HSR system would require in the US. A much better option would be to return that money to the citizens and remove regulations to allow the private sector a chance to build a financially viable alternative to the Interstate system (heavily subsidised transportation) and the airport system (another heavily subsidised transportation option).
I agree that the cost in the US reach the nonsense, but by the other hand, to subsidize massive transportation systems like HSR is way more efficient than subsidize gasoline or electricity (in the case of Mexico).