daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 4th, 2014, 03:14 AM   #561
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donegal View Post
Finally, habemus HSR!

Congratulations, Mexico!

Can we get confirmation about the model and technical specifications?
WoOt-WOot...

kevnasty27, roballan, 1a7aro liked this post
Fern~Fern* no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #562
Donegal
Leave the city behind 

Likes (Received): 1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
WoOt-WOot...

I hope this remarkable start be enough to drive the other HSR projects in USA and Canada to a fully interconnected HSR network in North America.

For a world on rails!

And in the end, we lie awake

And we dream of making our escape

Fern~Fern*, roballan, elekto, kevnasty27 liked this post
Donegal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:42 AM   #563
BringMe
I Love You, Myself.

Likes (Received): 14293

Here guys you can see the route, infrastructure

elekto, 1a7aro liked this post
BringMe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 05:28 AM   #564
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donegal View Post

I hope this remarkable start be enough to drive the other HSR projects in USA and Canada to a fully interconnected HSR network in North America.

For a world on rails!

Like they say....once you go HSR you never go back!!!

Donegal, elekto liked this post
Old November 4th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #565
megaroad1

Likes (Received): 32

Great news!

elekto liked this post
megaroad1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #566
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10893

CRH380A

The train will be a version of Chinese CRH380A, manufactured by CSR Qingdao Sifang co. ltd.

Version 8 cars to China is certified for 380 km/h since 2010, but now can only run at 300/310 for trade policy. They are making Beijing-Shanghai (1,303 km) to 271 km/h on average.
There is also a version for Hong Kong MTR: 9 trainsets 18,59 M € each.

The train is a Chinese version (Kawasaki does not think so) from the CRH2C which, in turn, is a Chinese CRH2A evolution, which is the Chinese version of Kawasaki E2.

E2 (1997) 6/8M 2T: 275 km/h 53 sets

CRH2A (2007) 4M 4T: 250 km/h 100 sets (CRH2B: 10 sets, CRH2E: 20 sets, the whole family CRH2: 190 sets

CRH2C (2008) C1 6M 2T: 300 km/h; C2 8M: 350 km/h 30+30 sets

It has 9,600 kW, 6M 2T, 203 meters in length, 388.4 tons and 579 seats in its standard version. Another prepared for intense cold with just 494.
The number of places you want to be the buyer, in China have these seats in first class, but they are for 8 hour trips (2,105 km).

El tren será una versión del CRH380A chino, fabricado por CSR Qingdao Sifang co. ltd.
La versión de 8 coches para China está homologada para 380 km/h desde 2010, aunque ahora solo puede circular a 300/310 por política comercial. Están haciendo Beijing-Shanghai (1.303 km) a 271 km/h de media. También hay una versión para MTR Hong-Kong: 9 trenes a 18,59 M € cada uno.
El tren es una versión china (Kawasaki no opina lo mismo) del CRH2C que, a su vez, es una evolución china del CRH2A, que es la versión para China del E2 de Kawasaki.
Tiene 9.600 kW, 6M 2R, 203 metros de longitud, 388,4 toneladas y 579 plazas en su versión normal. Hay otra preparada para frío intenso con solo 494.
El número de plazas será el que quiera el comprador, en China tienen estos asientos en primera clase, pero son para viajes de 8 horas (2.105 km).

elekto, Donegal, solchante liked this post
Gusiluz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #567
elekto
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7048

Article:

Quote:
MEXICO: On November 3 the federal Secretariat of Communications & Transport announced that a consortium including China Railway Construction Corp and CSR had been selected for the turnkey contract to build, operate and maintain a high speed line between Mexico City and Querétaro. Including rolling stock and other railway equipment, the cost of the project is 50∙82bn pesos.

As well as the Chinese suppliers, the consortium also includes four Mexican civil works contractors: Constructora y Edificadora GIA, Prodemex, GHP Infraestructura Mexicana and Constructora Teya. Systra will be involved in operating the new high speed line.

The 210 km route from Mexico City to Querétaro will include 15∙9 km on viaduct and 11∙6 km in tunnel. A fleet of eight-car trainsets, each able to accommodate 426 passengers, would operate at up to 300 km/h.

High speed services are expected to carry 27 000 passengers/day during the first year of operations. It is forecast that over 18 000 road vehicles would be removed from the motorway between Mexico City and Querétaro, cutting CO2 emissions by 95 000 tonnes/year.

Railway Gazette

Donegal liked this post
elekto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #568
elekto
BANNED

info:

Quote:
December 2nd signature of the contract, construction begins first days of January.

kevnasty27, 6io liked this post

Last edited by elekto; November 5th, 2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old November 4th, 2014, 09:13 PM   #569
tolvarena
In the brig

I'm so happy and excited about this development! I can't wait for the shovel to start hitting the ground!

Donegal, elekto liked this post
tolvarena está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:09 AM   #570
Donegal
Leave the city behind 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post

That's what I call, a nice livery

Old November 5th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #571
megaroad1

Likes (Received): 32

From what I can understand, French company Systra is responsible for quality assurance and maintenance fro the project. But does this mean that they will also be responsible for the operation of the HSR? Who for example, is responsible for the recruitment/training of train conductors?
megaroad1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #572
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

In this case I know, but I can speak of the Saudi Haramain HSR. It is a service contract for 12 years and Renfe is dealing with the training of driving, both in Spain and in Arabia.
The 03/10/2013 started in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), the first training course for drivers. There are 1150 hours of teaching for 35 weeks, the first 15: Theory. They will be in groups of 20 and will last until June 2017. The courses will be 160 applicants; the number of trains: 36.

He forgot to put in what the squares of CRH380A, the Chinese version is very broad: 3.38 meters.
What width can be the set in Mexico ?.
En este caso lo desconozco, pero puedo hablar del HSR Haramain en Arabia. Es un contrato de servicios para 12 años y Renfe se está ocupando de la formación del personal de conducción, tanto en españa como en Arabia.
El día 03/10/2013 comenzó en Yeda (Arabia Saudí), el primer curso de formación de maquinistas. Son 1.150 horas lectivas durante 35 semanas, las primeras 15: teóricas. Se harán en grupos de 20 y durarán hasta junio de 2017. Los cursos van a ser para 160 aspirantes, siendo el número de trenes: 36.
Se me olvidó poner, en lo de las plazas del CRH380A, que la versión para China es muy ancha: 3,38 metros. ¿Qué ancho se podrá poner en Méjico?.

6io, elekto, solchante liked this post
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #573
6io
Imparando sulle piante.

Likes (Received): 77

WOW I just read the entire thread and it was an amazing journey, thanks to Eleckto for such an amazing interest in the topic and for the level of participation, Donegal, thanks to you too, and the others who enrich the whole thread, and it was incredible to read the negativity of some other participants that I hope they could say "I was wrong" This is a great thing for Mexico, and I hope everything goes well and smooth from the beginning to the end of the construction of.. OUR FIRST HIGH SPEED RAIL WOHOOOOOOO

elekto, kevnasty27, roballan liked this post
6io no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #574
7freedom7
Ill get 6 pack abs

Likes (Received): 412

Great news.

elekto liked this post
7freedom7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:48 PM   #575
sciarrone.eng

Likes (Received): 413

Hello, I'm new in this thread.
Unfortunatly I can't read all the old messages... Could someone write a little description of the project and the actual situation so I can take part to the conversation?

«Non invidio a Dio il Paradiso perché sono ben soddisfatto di vivere a Catania ».
(Sciarrone.eng, 2000 - ...)
sciarrone.eng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #576
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciarrone.eng View Post
Hello, I'm new in this thread.
Unfortunatly I can't read all the old messages... Could someone write a little description of the project and the actual situation so I can take part to the conversation?

In a nut shell, this will be the first HSR in the America's.

6io liked this post
Old November 6th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #577
Donegal
Leave the city behind 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
He forgot to put in what the squares of CRH380A, the Chinese version is very broad: 3.38 meters.
What width can be the set in Mexico ?.
I have no idea. But I've just read this article, and it seems you're right.

Quote:
The model chosen for the route DF- Queretaro is the CRH380A, named “Hexie”, made by CSR Sifang in Qingdao, China.

Except the seat configuration - in regular services in China, the convoy has 610 seats in three classes; meanwhile in the configuration for Mexico will be 426 seats- the characteristics and services will be the same.

http://eleconomista.com.mx/estados/2...oticias=Nota02

Old November 6th, 2014, 07:16 PM   #578
elekto
BANNED

Hexie is a narrowest version of CRH380A, specially for the mexican market, only 3m width.

The main difference is that there wont be 3rd seat in the tourist class car.

Gusiluz, Donegal liked this post
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #579
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Today this article appeared in the Spanish specialized magazine Vía Libre:

Un consorcio chino construirá la primera línea de alta velocidad de México

Here detailed the cost of investment in work: 2,995 M € (50,820 M pesos), 14.13 x km (24,023 M pesos per km).
The novelty, at least for me, is that also details the cost of trains: 528 M € (8.977 M pesos) with 5 years of maintenance. Are 44 M € (748 M pesos) per train; less maintenance ... about 39. No way
At the headquarters of SCT I found nothing about trains.

27,000 passengers/day divided by 426 seats (100% occupancy) are 63.38 trains, divided by 12 trains are 5.28 train rides daily with 100% occupancy day after day. Do not think it's very realistic.
Unless serve as commuter, of course.

Moreover, are you going to call Hexie (Harmony)?, if so is the name of the Velaro CN CRH3. So no wonder you put renders the Velaro, and above 5 cars !. And the rendering is a catenary type "CR" to 220 km/h at most
Hoy apareció esta noticia en la revista especializada española Vía Libre:
Un consorcio chino construirá la primera línea de alta velocidad de México
En ella se detalla el coste de la inversión en obra: 2.995 M € (50.820 M pesos), a 14,13 x km (24.023 M pesos por km).
La novedad, al menos para mí, es que también detalla el coste de los trenes: 528 M € (8.977 M pesos) con 5 años de mantenimiento. Sale a 44 M € (748 M pesos) por tren, menos el mantenimiento... unos 39. No puede ser.
En la sede del SCT no encontré nada sobre los trenes.
27.000 viajeros diarios divididos entre 426 plazas (al 100% de ocupación) son 63,38 trenes, entre 12 trenes son 5,28 viajes por tren al día con una ocupación del 100%. No creo que sea muy realista.
Salvo que sirva como cercanías, claro.
Por otra parte, ¿se va a llamar Hexie (Harmonia)?, si así es como se llama el Velaro CN CRH3. Así no me extraña que pongan renders del Velaro, y encima de 5 coches!. Y la catenaria del render es una tipo "CR" para 220 km/h como mucho.
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #580
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

I just read the article in The Economist and I seem to think it is called Hexie in China, and it is not so.

Moreover, Zheng Anying statements about who "stocked with high-speed electric trains and intercity rail lines in 20 countries, with performance ranges between 200 and 300 kilometers per hour" is completely false.
Until now, I had read the Chinese exports 9 CRH380A to MTR Hong Kong (which is not an export), and 6 high-speed trains for Macedonia. But are trains to 140 km/h and diesel. To 200 km/h I have never read anything.
Acabo de leer el artículo de El economista y me parece que piensan que se llama Hexie en China, y ya digo que no es así.
Por otra parte, las declaraciones de Zheng Anying sobre que "ha abastecido con trenes eléctricos de alta velocidad e interurbanos a líneas ferroviarias en 20 países, con rangos de desempeño de entre 200 y 300 kilómetros por hora" es completamente falso.
hasta ahora había leído a los directivos chinos presumir de los 9 CRH380A para MTR Hong-Kong (que tampoco es una exportación), y hasta de trenes de alta velocidad para Macedonia. Pero son trenes para 140 km/h y diesel. Para 200 km/h jamás he leído nada.