daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #581
Dooie_Amsterdammert
Loving #dutch windwheel
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: molecity
Posts: 1,015
Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
The train will be a version of Chinese CRH380A, manufactured by CSR Qingdao Sifang co. ltd.
[/URL]
I have a question that's A bit off-topic, how many centimeters does one have at those full reclining seats?

Probably not one of the features that mexican trains will get, but i'm still curious about those seats..
Dooie_Amsterdammert no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #582
sciarrone.eng
Registered User
 
sciarrone.eng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Trecastagni (Area Metropolitana Catania)
Posts: 929
Likes (Received): 413

Do we already know which trains will run on the rails or engineers have to decide yet?
__________________
«Non invidio a Dio il Paradiso perché sono ben soddisfatto di vivere in Sicilia [...] ».
(Federico II di Svevia, 1194 – 1250)

«Non invidio a Dio il Paradiso perché sono ben soddisfatto di vivere a Catania ».
(Sciarrone.eng, 2000 - ...)
sciarrone.eng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #583
Spam King
Make America Great Again!
 
Spam King's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Polanco, Distrito Federal
Posts: 879
Likes (Received): 569

Elekto, why do you never post links to your sources?
__________________
In the heart of a busy metropolis skyscrapers are a vivid reminder of the constant yearning of the human spirit to rise to God


MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #584
theArq100
orgullosamente mexicano
 
theArq100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 949
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciarrone.eng View Post
Do we already know which trains will run on the rails or engineers have to decide yet?
The chinese said the train that will be used for this line is the CRH380A
__________________
:::::)
theArq100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:08 AM   #585
6io
Imparando sulle piante.
 
6io's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 115
Likes (Received): 77

¡DRAMA!

there is a problem going on, the president revoke the accepted project as a winner in order to put more transparency to the process so the international tender will be open again, because there were lots of comments of corruption around the process lets see what will happen and when


http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/nacion...o-1052302.html


__________________
Quote:
Mecanica de fluidos!!! no esta padre :(

Last edited by 6io; November 7th, 2014 at 07:22 AM.
6io no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:18 AM   #586
elekto
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 571
Likes (Received): 7048

revoke adjudication.

believe me, there won't be High Speed Rail anymore, they say there will be new tender, but there won't be, chinese are mad.

the argument is because there was only 1 bid and people believes there was corruption.

the true is that everything was under the law and extremely professional.
elekto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #587
6io
Imparando sulle piante.
 
6io's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 115
Likes (Received): 77

Elekto, is there a chance that the project would not get cancelled?
__________________
Quote:
Mecanica de fluidos!!! no esta padre :(
6io no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #588
elekto
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 571
Likes (Received): 7048

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6io View Post
Elekto, is there a chance that the project would not get cancelled?
the project is dead, it was a huge mistake by the president.

why is dead? simply because the time they will give for a new tender wont be enough for another competitive consortiums be formed and even if someone presents a bid, the offer wont be as convenient as the one the chinese made us.

chinese are mad and are not going to participate in a new tender.

the most probable is that in a new tender Bombardier or Alstom participate with a more expensive bid than the chinese and will be declared NOT SOLVENT, then the project dies.

thank to Carmen Aristegui and the PAN because of their calumniation.

Im not going to participate of this joke anymore... thanks to everybody, it was a pleasure to try to give you something decent for a country that deserves much more than their own people believes.

Im out of this and pretty dissapointed, maybe some people is right requesting the resignation of Enrique Peña Nieto.
__________________

PopolVuh! liked this post

Last edited by elekto; November 7th, 2014 at 07:50 AM.
elekto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #589
willygtoc
Registered User
 
willygtoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: LEÓN
Posts: 4,236
Likes (Received): 8561

Its not canceled.

Government said they will start a new public tender before the year ends.
__________________
LEÓN: CAPITAL DEL BAJÍO
willygtoc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #590
elekto
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 571
Likes (Received): 7048

Quote:
Originally Posted by willygtoc View Post
Its not canceled.

Government said they will start a new public tender before the year ends.
it is dead and dont fool yourself.

Mexico is not serious country for investment.
elekto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #591
Beams91
Registered User
 
Beams91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 1

Do I like the fact that the project was postponed? No, but I dislike even more to be living in a crony capitalism country. Some people will say there was no corruption, but they are going to be fooling themselves. Something that has not been mentioned here is that the winning consortium, that just days before presenting the tender announced its mexican partners, was formed by companies owned by cronies of the president and other members of the government and ruling party. The Chinese company knew the requirements before they were announced, and so was able to start working earlier. If anything, the government is guilty of this situation. There is a chance however that in the next tender the winners will be again cronies, and so we would just have lost time with all this.
__________________

sciarrone.eng liked this post
Beams91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 08:18 AM   #592
elekto
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 571
Likes (Received): 7048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beams91 View Post
Do I like the fact that the project was postponed? No, but I dislike even more to be living in a crony capitalism country. Some people will say there was no corruption, but they are going to be fooling themselves. Something that has not been mentioned here is that the winning consortium, that just days before presenting the tender announced its mexican partners, was formed by companies owned by cronies of the president and other members of the government and ruling party. The Chinese company knew the requirements before they were announced, and so was able to start working earlier. If anything, the government is guilty of this situation. There is a chance however that in the next tender the winners will be again cronies, and so we would just have lost time with all this.
thats not true, it was only a speculation by a radical opposition sector, but believe whatever you want, anyways you will always have "doubts" you will always say "there was corruption".

there wont be High Speed Rail, why? because you all wont accept a more expensive bid by bombardier, Alstom, Siemens or whoever, if you already took this bid as very expensive. and the chinese are not going to participate anymore or if so, the credit wont be as friendly as for today.

In any case it will be more expensive and there will be always a cloud of doubt by a political sector whose only interest is to boycot this administration.

You politized this, so you wont have a HSR anymore.


congratulations to your naiveness.
__________________

PopolVuh! liked this post
elekto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #593
k.k.jetcar
Registered User
 
k.k.jetcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sapporo
Posts: 1,811
Likes (Received): 452

Another article regarding the development. Run it though a translator if necessary.

http://mexico.cnn.com/nacional/2014/...alta-velocidad

*when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is...
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 08:36 AM   #594
Beams91
Registered User
 
Beams91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 1

How old are you elekto? You sound very childish. Your are the naive one. There was indeed corruption, but believe whatever you want.

I didn't politicize anything, and I won't be accepting or rejecting anything. Also this was not cancelled because of the price. The most probable thing is that this is only being postoned, but sadly, I can't deny the posibility of cancellation exists. As I said, if anything this is the government's fault. They have shown they don't have the political abiltity that made them famous some decades ago.

You say this was created by a radical sector, and the only radical in this was Aristegui, who is indeed very biased; however most of the people involved are not radicals and are just asking for a cleaner process.

I repeat believe whatever you want. I won't be coming back to this argument, so I give you the benefit of the last word, even if it is the word of a child.

P.S. Before entering english speaking forums you should improve your language abilities.
Beams91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #595
6io
Imparando sulle piante.
 
6io's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 115
Likes (Received): 77

So can we say that the future depends of the Chinese response to this situation?
If they still on the game and bid again is there a hope for the project to continue?
Because hardly any other company might tie what China Railway company put on the table

Right now the effects of this situation hit Chinese shares
But the company still in silence about it.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...exico-contract
__________________
Quote:
Mecanica de fluidos!!! no esta padre :(
6io no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:47 AM   #596
Donegal
Leave the city behind 
 
Donegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yorkville Avenue
Posts: 435
Likes (Received): 1094

you've got to be kidding!

__________________


And in the end, we lie awake

And we dream of making our escape

megaroad1, Abbendymion liked this post
Donegal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #597
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User
 
Fern~Fern*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ☆California☆
Posts: 7,996
Likes (Received): 489

Business deals are business deals and the President needs to be an alpha leader and move forward with he project.

☆ Gentleman's Agreement ☆




Tomorrow is another day and we should have some news from the horses mouth!


Eleckto, I can just imagine how you are feeling tonight. So just chilax and get a nice bottle of wine and tomorrow will be a new day...
__________________
...nuts anyone, nuts in your mouth
by Flight Stewardess

Donegal, Abbendymion liked this post

Last edited by Fern~Fern*; November 7th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
Fern~Fern* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #598
Donegal
Leave the city behind 
 
Donegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yorkville Avenue
Posts: 435
Likes (Received): 1094

Yeah, I'm going to bed now. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
__________________


And in the end, we lie awake

And we dream of making our escape

Fern~Fern* liked this post
Donegal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #599
megaroad1
Registered User
 
megaroad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 32

I'm flabbergasted.

This looks absolutely terrible. Because it means that there were "irregularities" with the process. If the process was by the book, then who cares what people think? They can open up an investigation that will reveal nothing.

I think Elekto might be on to to something. I'm afraid this could end up cancelling the whole thing. If the Chinese pull out, or the other bidders make everything more expensive, Mexico would have a hard time financing this. The price of oil is much lower than what the Mexican government had budgeted and public finances could be in trouble next year.
__________________

elekto liked this post
megaroad1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #600
tolvarena
In the brig
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Puerto Balleto
Posts: 1,111

I'm completely shocked and disappointed.
__________________

elekto liked this post
tolvarena no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium